Sportage

How do you feel about this car?

>crossover
>shitty modern car design
>no driving feel
>muh safety
it's shit.

Its the most mom car of all mom cars. The cheapest of new lifted minivans--I mean "CUVs". The only people who buy this car are morons who want a shiny new thing in their driveway to keep up with the neighbors and don't care that new kias plummet in value. People who know nothing about cars and want something big and high that makes them feel safe.

Looks like a Porsche Macan for poor people, do not want.

this.

I love the rear. The front is a little too polarizing. It has a cheap interior though but then again - this segment isn't known for their interiors.

I only like the top trim version - go big or go home.

>D
Just another nail in the coffin that is the German (European in general) car market, everything's a 5 door FWD diesel hybrid, be it hatchbacks, minivans, wagons or SUVs. There's the occasional sedan, but coupes and convertibles are incredibly rare. Even Mercedes and BMW are ditching RWD and 6-cylinder engines.

You aren't allowed to drive a somewhat lightweight, 2 door car with more than 200 bhp, RWD and a sporty ride.

This is the worst. Everybody my age (mid 20s) wants a hatchback or shitty crossover and the only people that want to buy "sports cars" are teenagers who won't have the money to get them until 5+ years from now on the used market.

>tfw you bought a BRZ and even though it's not that fast it's still fun and it's probably the last time you'll get to buy a new lightweight RWD car with a stick.

>tfw back in 2012 I thought I could afford a used Toyobaru in a couple of years
>tfw I'm 24 already and might have saved up the 18k€ this fall (including selling my current car)
>tfw insurance is another grand every year
>tfw I will regret buying a fun car till the day I get rid of it for another 1l hatchback
>tfw I'm an automotive engineer and know where all of this is headed

If it's anything like the Sorento or Santa Fe, expect the steering to have absolutely no feedback. You might as well be using a shitty video game steering wheel, because there's a total disconnect from what you do and what the wheels do. The car takes your suggested input and considers it, then approximates it as it deems fit. It's a terrible driving experience.

I bought my BRZ when I was 26 and the insurance is cheap as fuck. Maybe it's different in Europe but here in the states my insurance dropped like 40% basically overnight after I turned 25. I have no at-fault accidents on my record and it's been like 2 years since I got any sort of ticket and now I'm 27 and my insurance is like half what I was paying at your age.

My advice to you is just buy the thing and eat the insurance for a year because it's fucking worth it.

I'm not paying this much because I'm young, I'm paying this much because according to the insurance company, it's a rare exotic sports car and has to be approved by some higher ranked manager. I know this because my mom is working for their car insurance department.

The 1 grand is with her employee %s already off and will stay that expensive for decades.

>shopping for insurance
>isn't getting quotes from multiple agents
you dun goofed.

for some reason its a bestseller in my country

thats what you get when women have buying power

For 18k you can get much nicer cars used.

Dont get dead set on one car if its not your dream car.

>>isn't getting quotes from multiple agents
Did you read the part where I said that my mom is working at the insurance and is getting my insurance for 30% off as part of her employee discount? Not to mention she isn't trying to rip me off in the first place.

Kia Sportage - The car for local government workers.

I know, 18 to 20k appears to be the magic barrier for nice cars. Under that you only get beat up miatas and shitboxes, over that you suddenly get good Boxsters, SLKs, Z4s, nice 1 series beamers, Audi TTs.

I'm not from the US, mind you, your market is very very different from ours.

Basicaly, it's a average mom/how/normalfag choise aka the most cliched boring bland safe bet. Also, now it's overpirced. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw that the go for 35-36 eurogrand. Granted, fully lacked but still... a Diesel fucking kia.

When it comes to suvs, if you have the money you should go for macan, evoque 2.0 turbo or maybe x5.

If dont, just get picrelated, 3 times cheaper than macan, drives as good as evoque, manual.

Fucking autocorrect.
>Fully packed
>Average joe
>They go for

>When it comes to suvs, if you have the money you should go for macan, evoque 2.0 turbo or maybe x5.
What's the point of SUVs really?

The "one car for all occasions" shtick. People want a car that will be plush, spacious, decently powerful, with big and ability to carry a dog. Aka, a hatchback, but with fake reassurance and ruggedness of suvs.