Opinion on this

I'm looking at buying a 2009 ford focus manual, is it any good? if not i've been thinking of an svt. It would be for a daily driver. I'm just a big focus fan. Other car suggestions would be cool, but i need some more advice on focus expertise.

Other urls found in this thread:

fswerks.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're good cars, and the coupes are the lightest of all first gen Focii.
Check out FSWerks. Pic related.
fswerks.com/

You could get a slightly newer manual Fiesta Hatch for about the same money and have 4 doors too.

I like 'em though, kinda wish they made the ST Focus Sedan/Coupe at some point.

>have 4 doors too.
They mad Focus sedans too tard.

Yeah, and I wish it came in an ST variant. OP posted a Focus Coupe.

They did, just without the turbo, the 05-06 Focus ST sedan had the Duratec/MZR 2.3 and manual transmission and they make turbo kits for it through FSWERKS

>2009 focus
>literally the same as a 1999 with a new exterior and interior
Shiggy diggy.

and a completely new engine. I don't see a Zetec here. Do you?

Except that the powertrain is different

honda civic si.

>Ford
>good
Pick one
Buy a Mazda 3.

Why, they share the same engines

Engines designed by Mazda.
Also Mazda's are better built in general.

Maybe the accessories on the engines, buy they have the same short block and head designs, there's literally no difference in the engines thenselves, transmissions also

>same car, different styling
>hurr, this one's better cuz it says Mazda on it.
>See? Mazda.

They're the same fucking car you mongoloid.

And they were co-designed between Mazda and Ford when Ford owned the majority stake in Mazda

You're missing the point.
Things Ford had a hand in broke more than things Mazda put together. Especially electronics.

>They're the same fucking car you mongoloid
Nope

>You're missing the point.
>Things Ford had a hand in broke more than things Mazda put together. Especially electronics.

No brother, you're missing the point, the important aspect of the designs were co-developed between Mazda and Ford, they had equal input, the only differences are in the chosen accessories like P/S pumps and system, A/C compressors, alternators, things of this nature

Yea it is. The only difference, period, was that the Mazda had VVT and the Ford didn't.

This.

They have ENTIRELY different electrical systems.
It's so easy to go read this. Why do dumb people exist

[Citation Needed]

the first generation ford focuses had the ZETEC engine aviod the 1.6 as its too asthmatic and dont buy the autos. had a fault in the trans where it would randomly go into "limp home" mode. wasnt fixed till the 2nd gen (2001+) 2nd gen featured the DURATEC engine. the only thing that goes wrong is lazy ownership...

The chassis has more high strength steel and an extra brace behind the dash, it's the lightest and stiffest MK1.

OP I've had my '09 since it had 5 miles on it, I'm now at 155k. It's been a great car so far, cheap to run and fun to trail brake oversteer around corners. Coupes get a RSB the sedan doesn't, also manual coupes have the resonator deleted and are rated a whopping 3hp higher.

The Focus OP is looking at is the American market second generation.
2000-2007 Focii in America were first gens, and the second gen 2008-2011 cars were actually still based on the first gen chassis. Second gens are generally referred to as gen 1.5's because of it.

America never got a Focus engine smaller than 2.0L.
American engine options were as follows:
2000-2004:
2.0L SOHC CVH I4 (base sedans and wagons only)
2.0L DOHC Zetec I4 (standard on hatchbacks and sport trims)

2002-2004:
2.0L DOHC Zetec SVT I4 (specific to the performance Focus SVT. 170 HP, essentially a first gen UK market Focus ST170.)

2003-2007:
2.3L DOHC Duratec I4 (started as a PZEV option in certain states for 2003-2004. Became a performance option in 2005)

2005-2011:
2.0L DOHC Duratec I4 (replaced all the Zetec and CVH engines.

2012-present:
2.0L Duratec I4 with VVT and direct injection (base models)
2.0L Duratec I4 with VVT, direct injection, and a turbocharger (Focus ST)

You forgot the non-turbo ST sedan from 05-07

No I didn't. mentioned it in the 2003-2007 2.3L

Oh yeah I see, you just didn't type that it was in the ST

yup. I will admit, I have a hard-on for the American 05-07 ST 2.3L when equipped with the "Street Appearance Package" in pic related.

The SAP is a factory rice option but goddamn if it doesn't appeal to my inner 13 year old.