Why shouldn't I get a Citroen C6?

Why shouldn't I get a Citroen C6?

Inb4 French, etc etc. Pic related for sale for instance

Why don't you go Google it since you're obviously set on this and are going to ignore any post that disagrees with you

Do it.
Get the diesel.

> implying I have the money right now

Besides I wanted opinions, Veeky Forums is rather good at them. Maybe facts I didn't know about it too, stories/experience from any user that has/had owned one etc

Not much wrong with this car OP stick with the diesel, you can expect higher running costs since its a premium class car but it still is going to be than the rest of comparable meymey Germs and Japs that Veeky Forums keeps wanking over

but it still is going to be less than the rest*

It's an awesome, unique car. I'd give my left nut for one as an American.

Fair enough then, 99% of the time someone asks about a car they're thinking of buying they're already dead set on it and get hyperdefensive in response to legitimate criticisms

Yeah I don't know much about them, parents had a Xantia as a kid and I loved the hydro pneumatic suspension in it.

But my parents cannot into maintenance and by the time they got rid of it the car was sloping to one side because the suspension had leaked, amongst other issues.

literally maximum comfy: the car

I was hoping to hear this, I just hope the system isn't that much of a bitch to maintain if I ever get one.

Mmkay so not many bad words to say about the C6 so far, all reviews of it were done new so depreciation doesn't mean a lot to me.

What are the alternatives to this for maximum comfy in the UK for under £7k? (or for hardmode, £4.5k and under as there were some c6 for sale for that amount). Speed would be a bonus, but I ultimately want to be comfy.

Nothing short of a Rolls-Royce will be able to match the C6 in terms of ride quality.

>Asking opinions on a board filled with 15 years old autists

Just go on a Citroen owners forum and ask them

Beware of early years HDI, other then that it's pretty much ok.

Also, hydropneumatic will likely rape you in the butt at some point. That's the cost of ultimate comfiness.

>C*troen
>with a hydropneumatic suspension
>on top of it only 23k of those were made in 7 fucking years (556 in the last year of production)

go for it lad

That is an ugly fucking car

get a 3.0 hdi with tgv seats if you can find one
top rare and max comfy

You know, I've never been the type to do the whole "murica vs euro" conversationstop, but... what is up with European styling? It just looks... weird. Every other car I ever see come to the US looks pretty normal, but the stuff I see over in Europe is just oddly styled.

Is it the same for you guys over there? Are there cars over here in the US you just can't wrap your heads around?

Well I've never been able to understand why the US couldn't try harder to make those awful bumpers not protrude so much.

Especially pronounced in the 1980's and 1990's I think.

Citroen have historically been a manufacturer that provides us with odd looking cars, like the original DS, the SM, the 2CV etc. More recently they are producing the C4 Cactus, which looks like a Nissan Juke mated with a golf ball.

Also, is it because you're just more used to American cars? I'm assuming you live there of course.

I believe the reason we have the protruding bumpers is because of our vehicle safety laws. A Honda Fit/Jazz in America has a different front bumper than the ones in Japan. It's a "5mph bumper" law or something where your vehicle shouldn't take damage at such low speeds, so it has to be beefed up. Makes cars look ugly of course when you convert them, but I guess it's not noticeable when the US market already designs their cars around it.

And yes, I'm from the US.

And I'm not trying to be rude, but yes, citrogen has always been very peculiar. Alpha Romeo and Renault as well in most cases too.

>be europoor
>install remote start on my heavily taxed, diesel shitbox
>start it up from inside the home
>forgot I left it in neutral, hits another car at 5mph
>now it needs a whole new bumper
>fuggg

>be ameritard
>drop my mail at the drive thru mail box
>fat body can't reach over, get out of pick up
>forgot I left it in drive, it starts rolling
>I can only waddle so fast, it hits a parked car at 5mph
>leaves only scoff marks and I lick my greasy finger and rub them off from both bumpers
>leave the scene

Citröen has always been weird. They are the Tucker Torpedo of Europe imo (except they've never had emphasis on speed)

This just reminds me that roadrage overtakes me when I see the Pigalle in GTA 5. It looks like a calzone with wheels.

The only thing missing from it is covered rear wheels.

And a hover engine of some sort, but that's a given.

The hydropneumatic suspension isn't really a problem, it needs attention about as often as you'd change the dampers on a conventional car.

Biggest problem with the C6 seems to be the electronics (and then, it's probably more to do with the connections rather than the components) and having to replace the suspension bushings rather often.

Holy shit kek

Ah ta user. Where did you get this? Most things I'm seeing at the moment are either ancient or paid for

And I saw a C6 for the first time in ages today, didn't get what trim it was though.

I own a 2005 C5 with p much the same suspension. Comfyness is unprecedented in that category and the suspension is very reliable. The service manual states that it only needs service every 200kkm or 10 years. My cars has done 260kkm on original suspension, however I feel its time to change the balls. ITs so much better than BX era balls and earlier.

My mechanic owns a C6 and old DS but I never rode in any of them.

Citroen has always been great and courageous in their designs and thats why I love them. To this day they continue to produce unique everyday cars like Cactus or DS3. The quality can be very average sometimes though.

premium class car...

yeah sure is...