youtube.com/watch?v=NPrODqp6esY
youtube.com/watch?v=KErMSh8xL0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=btc3eraip4g

Hot Pursuit 2.

NFS: Most Wanted Nigger Edition

Jesus Christ let me fix that for you.

What was different in the PS2 version?

Honestly they were two completely different games.

Long story short, my dad bought me PS2 HP2, my brother's shitty friend stole it from me. So my mom bought me GameCube version of HP2.
(Parents were separated, lived at different houses.)
The GameCube version was a total letdown from what I was playing.

It was like going from steak to McDonald's hamburger meat.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Hot_Pursuit_2

>The GameCube version was a total letdown from what I was playing.

Holy shit seriously? the gamecube version was the ONLY one i played because i didn't get a playstation until well after the PS3 came out (cough* ultra poorfag cough*)(although i still enjoyed the hell out of it nonetheless) i didn't even realize there were differences between the versions and i thought they all played like the gamecube version... I've been playing a lie...

What the fuck. I only had access to the PC version ...

No doubt I was let down from the changes. I can't remember specifics, but I certainly remember being disappointed. I think it was a lot of small details and changes overall that made it a lesser game.

Nevertheless I still played it. And honestly if I was never introduced to the PS2 version, I could see why the other versions were still fun to play.

GOAT
>Forza 4
>NFS Most Wanted(2005)
>Test Drive Eve of Destruction
HONORABLE MENTION
>Forza Horizon
>NFS Hot Pursuit 2(ps2)
>Flatout
>Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
>4X4 EVO

C U C K E D

PC GAMERS ON SUICIDE WATH

Most Wanted, with Carbon as runner-up.

I would highly suggest downloading a PS2 emulator and seeing the differences yourselves.

Top kek.

To followup though id say Forza 4 was my favorite racing game. I got the game as soon as it released in 2011 and i started watching Top Gear around 2010 so it was the perfect storm as a had a craving for anything car-related. Loved the fact that Clarkson would be narrating some of the cars in Autovista and this commercial right here sold the fucking game for me (well not really but it definitely impacted my decision)
youtube.com/watch?v=JxpEUE7FgnE

Forza 4 felt like a HUGE fucking step up from the previous racing games i played when i was younger. the last major racing game i played before this was Need for Speed Shift. the customization and car selection felt massive (granted i played Forza 4 before i played any of the Gran Turismo games as previously mentioned i didn't have any platstation)

I put so many hours into that game that i ended up getting Max (level 50) infinity level with Porsche and Ford as well as completing every single race in the event list leading to the "Bucket List" achievement.

>pic related is a screenshot of my xbox and my career

I wish i could erase my memory of it so i could experience it all over it again..

This
I honestly don't think they'll be able to top Forza 4. Even as much as I like 6 it pales in comparison to 4.

What went so right?

probably driver 3 or driver parallel lines, driver 2 was fun too

I used to play a lot of motorstorm, gran turismo, stunt driver and flat out aswell

My first racing game was NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and Midnight Club 1, both for the PS2. If I had to choose, both are good and flawed. it's really a toss up. Midnight Club has the advantage of not having to force load the game (from what I remember) whereas HP2 did (countless timesI had to redo races when it didn't autoload my career) HP2 has better handling than MC1 and looks so much better.

Oh man. Gonna have to fire that one up some time, wonder if i still find my copy.

Hell yes, loved that game. This was my favorite.

>test drive
>4x4 evo

Alot of my life was invested into these games.

NFS Underground 1, Stuntman and Tokyo Road Race (i.e. Battle Gear 2) were the staples of my youth.

>4X4 EVO

Das it mane, Evo 2 was my shit as well.

>stuntman

my nigga

Tourist trophy

>tfw there will never be another good motorcycle racing game

i fucking loved hot pursuit 2.

i never beat it though, i remember spending hours trying to beat that stupid mclaren f1 race where you had to do like 20 laps

my favorite of all time is PGR2 though, and then the rest of the PGR games.

I remember beating all the races in platinum and buying a porsche 959 so i could show my dad, whose a massive porsche fan

>stuntman

shhhhhhhhhit i forgot about this gem

youtube.com/watch?v=NPrODqp6esY

all 3 are goat. I've yet to find a racing game with a better career mode

One of the best Career modes for a driving game.

Also

That game was meh

It was something different from the usual ricering , and also introduced tunning to the series , i liked it

Ah yes, the one where you go around the longest track for 10 laps with the cops. It's probably the hardest challenge in the game, harder than challenge 31 and 32.

If you wanted something different you should have posted NFS Shift

It was the last Forza before they fucking put 50% of the cars behind a paywall.

It struck the best balance between the gameplay and simulation. Forza 5 tried to plug itself as a accurate sim but it was fucking anything but. Forza 6 continued the trend of dumbing-down of the gameplay (despite Turn10 always lauding the added simulation power of the next gen consoles) and more paywalling. Fucking Jews.

I belive we are talking about favourites , not best games

You really liked Prostreet tho? It was more tedious than Gran Turismo

a rally game made by dice

It kinda was , specially that sillyness of one car for every type of event , got you with shitty cars most of the time but yes, i really liked it , drift was fun and i used cheats anyway

>I used cheats

Spoils the game and proves you have no skill

Like the 13 year old me would care

I find it amazing that I can still have have fun with this game over a decade and a half later.

Good point

Did play shift , liked how you can costumize your car , but sucks if you dont have a steering wheel , they feel unatural

I got stuck in the CLK GTR race , shit was hard

New Midnight Club when?

Because it has my first car in it

Never ;_;

GTA V might as well be though since Rockstar San Diego worked on TONS of GTA V.

I came here to post this

My nigger, it's the main reason why I loved the 90s Jap halos

One of my favorite mashups of skill and comfy. Game was damn hard without the assists but very relaxing with then on. I loved being able to dial it in just right. In between races I liked just looking around the garage.

Along with thps/ug this game shaped my music tastes of high school.

this

Everyone make way for the best of the thread so far

IHRA Drag Racing
Gran Turismo 2
TXR Series
LFS
SLRR

My ideal car game would be a new midnight club with forza car customization and tuning

slavshit racing

Tbh just isn't the same even though most cars are closely modeled after real life ones. Also far too limited in car customization, and performance tuning is limited to "Pay 18000000 to level up ur engine ;)"

Also Midnight Club 3 had the right atmosphere, really hated how Midnight Club LA felt so damn fake

Actually, I think I know why MNC3 was so much better, it built hype with the tri-city model. You felt like you advanced somewhere when you were racing in Detroit vs San Diego, and the tournament in the end really built that to a point. LA was just a whole lot of the same city, only really big now.

wish I hadn't sold this
fucking amazing

Anyone ever play this? I thought it was bretty gud

Underrated game

I played the shit out of it when it was new

all I remember is the Mk 3 Supra having a KITT conversion iirc

There needs to be a game with The Crew's map, only with better driving and more cars.

this was pretty neat and the painting and livery? mods were pretty endless

drift was awesome, story wasn't really there but bosses/competitors were pretty original and funny

Ah fuck that game.
>You can't have the same car for everything
>Ryo (or whatever the last person you had to race was) has an Evo X
>Uses it for everything.
>Everything
>Drift, speed run, races, drag, etc.
But you can't. Not to mention being passed by a civic bouncing off the rev limiter. That makes complete sense.

I'm playing it right now. Going for leaderboard loop records.

Damn son I miss it.

only NFS game I ever owned. Had a great career mode where you race through porsche history starting with their first cars

MW was great. Carbon was too short for me.

Gran Turismo on PSP and 5 on PS3

I'm playing Project Cars right now, and I'm suddenly aware of my left thumbstick's age. It likes to veer off to the right.

I'm having fun in the karts and I did a race in a Caterham 7 that was fun, but the game is difficult as hell. Trying out LMP cars and it's the car equivalent of a chicken running around with it's head cut off.

Loved the music in GT5 like when you're in your lobby
youtube.com/watch?v=KErMSh8xL0s

It did have some awesome driving songs.
I got myself a logitech g27 steering wheel for more immersion.

Damage model on the first one blew me away, really advanced for its time.

>tfw no PC port of MCLA ever

>los angeles
>not II
i am dissapoint

>mfw i have the first one

>II
>not clunky outdated shit by now

I too enjoy a racing game that begins with ATV and ends in 2.

>by now
>ps2 game
i...what?

>no GRID 1

They need to reboot nfs underground 2, like that would be huge, with career, open world online, i never got why they never did this. The game was fucking amazing, a memory of my childhood that would never be forgoten

wait wait wait

if boats count i change it to this

Games age differently. There are older games that don't feel as old as MC2.

Probably THE most fun racing game that also needed concentration and skill.

Fuck man this game was so good. I bought this the same time as Forza 3 and couldn't put it down to play Forza 3 because I've never played anything so fun.

Dirt 1,2, and maybe 3 are also incredibly fun

YEEESSSSS

Dude this game was so incredibly hard

The metro is too much fun

First NFS for me too, came in a cereal box

Gran Turismo 6
>tfw when your first fast car was an Evo VIIII RS and used it even against full on race cars.

I was skeptical of Forza Horizon when I first bought it, but it turned out to be one of the best games I've ever played. There wasn't a lot of the Need for Speed culture in the storyline, just racing and assholes and trying to beat those assholes. Exploring the world was a joy too; trying to find the boards and the cars scattered around the world. Racing events were implemented so that you would be using a wide variety of cars, which gave you an appreciation to cars you wouldn't have given a second glance at.

I also really,really,really like the soundtrack

A MK4 Supra can put him away in drag races,as long as it's fully modded.
A fully-modified R34 GT-R can whoop his ass in grip.
Use an Evo 9 for speed challenges,with lots of nitrous and every mod.

Make sure to get the aero maxed out too,and make sure to do practice runs to tune the suspension.And don't be afraid to ram him into a wall either.

between PGR1, NFS Underground 1 and Forza 4

hard decision but PGR1 seems to be the most nostalgic to me since it was the first video game i ever played

Tfw I only have an Xbox one, and a cd book filled with xbox one games, but in the back of the book is this game for the gamecube. I just cant throw it away. It was my favorite game when i was younger.

>ctrl-f
>0 of 0

You niggers don't know shit.