ITT: Post about cars you're thinking of buying next, no matter how serious...

ITT: Post about cars you're thinking of buying next, no matter how serious, other anons post [informed] opinions on them, preferably by those who have driven the cars. By informed I mean not just baseless shitposting like ">hurr durr ford shit >ever"

Anyway my current list in order of likeliness is
1. E92 (le supreme gentleman)
2. C6 Corvette
3. S2000
4. C5 Corvette
5. Toybaru (FR-S probably)
6. ND Miata
7. E46

Other urls found in this thread:

mcoupebuyersguide.com/
losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5531695998.html
dallasdodge.net/bargain/Jeep/2005-Jeep-Grand Cherokee-a38140dc0a0d04fe3839c1ab1501f95a.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>next
Well, as a first car anyway. Dat 1.8l V6 which revs to almost 8k.

this is stupid

you will never make enough to be able to afford all those cars as well as a house and other life expenses

My list is kind of all over the place right now but here it is, for my next DD (buying a year from now):
1. Audi A7 (used)
2. Jag XE 3.0 (used or new)
3. BMW 3 series (used or new)
4. Audi A4 (new)
5. BMW 4 series convertible (used)
6. BMW 6 series convertible (used)
7. C7 Vette (used)
As you can see, I have no idea what I want, mainly because I don't really have any specific needs outside of it being a reliable DD. Budget is max 40-45k

>no matter how serious

>1.8l V6
Jesus Christ Mazda, did you misplace half of the displacement somewhere?
I can afford them but I'll probably need to sell one of my Veyrons first.

Can't tell if you're trolling or just legitimately retarded

They made those engines up to 2.5l, and they can rev like hell. The 2.5l is a pretty common swap for an MX-3.

Eh, personally I never liked high revving because that usually means no low-end torque which I personally find annoying. I just found it odd because most 6 cylinders are at least 3-4l

The tiny size is part of the appeal for me. Good MPG, good sound, and the novelty of having such a tiny little V6.
Also a Mazda chassis.

E92 M3 is going to be a reliability shit show. The tolerances on the engines were too tight and internals wear out. The bearings and connecting rods wear and shave steel into the oil which can cause an entire engine failure. They also have throttle body actuator problems where the gear inside the actuator wears due to a really poor quality plastic being used. Normally this wouldn't be big issue and you could swap the gear, but the electrical controller for the actuator is not sealed from the gearing. The wear on the gearing gets on the circuit board and you have to replace the entire actuator to the tune of around 1k for each bank. The car also has other problems but these are some big ones.

In my opinion, I wouldn't buy one unless you are going to get a comprehensive aftermarket warrenty. Even then you have to really read what is covered and make sure specific components are. I've read many a horror story about S65 and S85 powered ///M vehicles not having parts covered under warranty.

I'm looking at 3rd gen preludes for my next car, pop ups and ultimate rice potential

Not an M;, 328i or 330i probably. If I was going to get an M3 it'd be an E46 but I'm not really looking at that. The post was interesting at least, I always enjoy reading about how shitshow cars get that way.

s2000 CR

E30 m3
996 911 with ims in budget
E46 m3

If all goes well one of these three should be in my garage in the next 2 years. If e30 prices keep climbing that's going to have to get chopped.

I figured it would be the M3 based on the picture as well as the other cars listed. Avoid the E46 as well if it's going to be your only car. Those had really bad issues too, such as the rear subframe cracking from not being reinforced on the M3. Some 330ci's even had the problem as well. The SMG 2 transmissions are also horrendously unreliable as well. The smg pump shits out and you have to replace the entire transmission.

I have a second car, it's not a great DD but it works, still not really strongly considering M3s period. Also anything I buy will be manual; SMG a shit.

Currently importing a turbo Mk.IV Supra. Doing my best to be patient waiting for a clean unit but there's lots of 6 speeds kicking around that just need some TLC. Pricey, though. Minimum of $22k CAD.

thinking about buying this as my first car as well
'05 jeep grand cherokee laredo
i'm a bit concerned since it's priced pretty low, and there's very few dealer reviews available

850i (looking at one this week)
Duoselect Quattroporte
CTS Wagon (not V)

Would buy any of them if the right deal popped up

I intend to buy with around $2k saved up in addition for repair/refresh:
>e46 325Xi Wagon
>E39 540i Wagon
>E91 330Xi Wagon

I'd take a manual transmission over awd in any of the cars, but I'm pretty sure the E39 wagon was only offered as auto and rwd.

They didn't offer the E91 in a 330 trim in the US. If you are outside the US, then get a 335 wagon.

this right here, and im not even kidding. I need a decent commuter. will probably get an NC Miata for the weekend at some point down the road.

I've heard nothing but bad things about these

>850i
>Quattroporte

hope you're mechanically inclined with a lot of free time on your hands.

06' 350z
06'-08' BMW 3 Series
07' g35
03' RSX type S

First car, manual preferably

1. Clownshoe
2. Z4 M Coupe
3. Shitbox vw mk1 caddy to swap a vr6 into
4. Boxter S

the third is the likeliest.

G35 6MT with the sport package or 350Z will do you right. Go G37/370Z if you can spend the extra, its a world of difference better.

obligatory Mustang recommendation

>I've heard nothing but bad things about these
:'(
like what

crap, meant to post this

E36 M3
S2000
Toyobaru
IS300 5-speed (lmao)
2.5RS Impreza and swap in an EJ207 (lmao)
RX7 FC

First manual car, first owned car.
If anything, I'll probably settle with a 328i or something.

2015-2016 Ford F150 4x4 CrewCab with the 6.5' bed in Red.

Not going to mod it, just DD it.
Relax faggots, im blue-collar so ill lightly use the bed.

It would be cheaper to buy a New truck than deal with all the country folk out here that think adding a liftkit to their trucks adds 10-15k in value even with 50-100k miles.

I could pay it off in under a year.

>Hood isn't lined up with the grille
This will never not trigger me, same thing for the F30.

Very pretty

I much prefer clownshoes though, it's been my dream car all my life.

huh, never considered that before.
I had a friend with one, they are pretty but over rated imo. I prefer my Z4M roadster desu. Really want to compliment it with a coupe tho.

Haha, they're a little overrated.

I'm mostly in love with the looks, and that practicability.

I already own a normal Z3, which is close enough for now.
I wouldn't even care if it was an S52 coupe, i'd still be the happiest man alive.

Soon™

2006-8 infiniti m45
2005+ Dodge ram 1500 hemi quad cab
2003 Dodge Durango R/T
Saab 9-5 Hatchback
1998+ BMW 5 series hatchback
2006 Scion TC

Thoughts?

Then it sounds like we are pretty alike then, both with roadsters and wanting a coupe to go with it. For real tho S54 is where it is at. Favorite engine of all time. Its got its quirks, but nothing is better than spinning that bad boy up to 8k.

I have an 2010 328i. Pretty reliable, loves to rev.

how much do M coupes usually go for?

How's the low-end torque? One thing I don't really like about my car is you need 4k revs to move anywhere despite its sub-5 0-60; it gets a bit old after a while.

>1998+ BMW 5 series hatchback
god tier
are they really that bad? fyi i think s54 maintenance memes are exaggerated
around 30-40k USD with an s54 engine and low miles. they are second only to e30 m3 in modern bmw collectibility

I change my own oil regularly and have replaced a thermostat and brake pads, I think I got it

not that guy but they are decent, certainly not revvy to be driveable. they aren't fast but very adequate. what do you have that is that fast but without torque?

Indeed my friend, S54's are great.

Since i cant afford 50-60k for an S54 clownshoe, I'll likely get a normal S52 one and since i'll never EVER sell the car, do an S54 swap and save 30k. Doesn't seem that hard as e36 guys have done it a million times.

Just gotta find the perfect one, gotta be boston green or estroil blue, as long as it isn't boring ass hellrot

Non M coupes go for 10-15k
S52 M coupes go from 10-25k
S54 M coupes for 40-75k and sadly, rising..

370z; 7.5k redline so the torque tends to hang out kind of up there. I don't need fast but something "quick" would be nice.

mcoupebuyersguide.com/

don't you love how there are websites devoted to every z3 and z4 M out there for sale?
shit. that makes me glad I didn't buy one, I had no idea the engine was like that. coming from a 370 tho the 328 will probably seem pretty slow despite being "quick." i drive my brothers occasionally and it is certainly all right unless you are flooring it then it is lacking. otherwise normal use very adequate at low RPMs.

Came here to post this, though I'm not even remotely close to affording one, and I envy you.

Soapras are my waifu.

considering you have a 370z if you hopped over to a z3m/z4m/m3 with an S54, despite having an 8k redline, they aren't lacking at the bottom end at all. Under 2k RPM they are sluggish but as soon as you hit 2k they take off full power like a turbo hitting boost. Never have an issue with driveability, even in 6th at 45mph. Not sure what you are looking for but I actually was going to buy a 370 but it sold and wound up with a z4m instead.

I've done a ton of reading on S85, S65, and S62 engines. They all are littered with issues. They are truly wonderful machines, but are let down by having either over engineered parts or parts of sub par quality. Even with all the issues, I will own an E60 M5 at some point. Also I don't know much about the S54, so I can't really speak on it.

Want to get an 850i. I'm actively looking for one to buy right now but worried about finding a good enough example in NZ. May import from australia if I need to. I'm aware of the high maintenance costs but I make a good amount of money. What does Veeky Forums know about these

They're fucking dank, that's about all I know. But really, parts cost will be your biggest pain in the ass.

Insanely expensive to maintain. This has been the meme since, well before people knew what memes were.

Cool cars, just be prepared to fork out what ever is needed. Long as you are willing, enjoy your car man.

1. Abarth 124
2. 2005-06 911 carrera s
3. 2010 boxster S
4. FD Rx-7
5. z4m coupe
6. e92 m3
7. z3 m coupe

Gonna get the abarth 124 probably. I know a lot of you guys are gonna shit on me for picking that over everything else on the list. Whatever.

A 2008 VW Beetle, probably in grey

This desu

bbbutt muh fd....

I'm the Z4M guy above and I wholly agree with your list (less the pos RX7, they really are shit in the USA at least). I'm super stoked to test drive the new abarth. I hope it isn't a disappointment. The power sucks balls but if I am able to upgrade it to ~280 it could be a dece DD

Why would you need to replace the entire tranny if the SMG pump goes out? The tranny is just the manual box with some shit bolted on.

I'm pretty much locked in on it, I'm only looking for someone who knows what fuel economy to expect so I can emotionally prepare for the money drain. It'll be a later 230 CE with fuel injection most likely.

1. Geo Metro
2. CR-X
3. Mazda 3 Hatch (1st gen)
4. Acura TL Type-S (3rd gen)

First 2 because I kinda want another shitbox so I can deliver pizza without fugging up my Miata. Other 2 so I can drive a regular sized car while pretending to be sporty.

3 but get a Cayman instead

22mpg or so. MB tech here

I'm a little bit concerned

I need a long distance daily driver.

Considering (from personal first impression)

>Volvo S60 T6
>Mazda 6 GT
>Ford Fusion Sport
>Lexus IS350
>Jaguar XE
>BMW 228i
>BMW 328i
>Audi A4
>Taurus SHO
>[insert generic sedan or coupe here]

I want something nice, not super expensive, fun, but most importantly be able to last a long time and be comfortable on 50-300+ mile trips on a daily basis.

To be honest man I had an e36 m3 for about 5 months before I had to sell the thing. Giant unreliable piece of shit, especially for a first car. If you get one get triple a and expect to get stranded multiple times. The coolant systems on them are the biggest pieces of garbage ever fitted to a "performance vehicle" and the electrical system is an absolute shit show too. Great to look at but because of their age and the tendency for people to beat on them I would avoid this option at all cost.

>my first car was an e36 m3 with 210k miles

My Cappuccino is fun but not very practical, so I'm thinking of picking up some 4-door RWD barge if I decide to stay in Japan long-term, ideally with a turbo I6. Currently considering:
>Toyota Mark II/Crown
>Cefiro/Laurel
>Skyline sedan
>Stagea
>???

>My Cappuccino is fun but not very practical,

Well it's not like I'd be getting rid of it. This would be a second car.

Why is it not practical? Got kids or are you hauling are computer chairs daily?

bmw e87

Jaguar XKR (early 2000)

It's going to be classic and their prices are currently pretty low in middle europe.
Still.. It's going to cost near 17k€ to get one to Finland

I just sold one, 2006 3.0d one. When it was working, it was good. But constant break downs, oil leaks, weak chassis... fuck that.

1957 Pontiac Chieftain

My parents want to buy me this car. While not my ideal first car, I'm in no right to complain over a free car.

I might be able to convince them to get a Toyobaru or Miata, but if not I'll take it. I just don't want to be stuck with a car that'll be insanely boring.

Whoops, captcha ate my pic

Abarth 595 Competizione
Abarth 595C Competizione
Abarth 595 Turismo
Abarth 595C Turismo
Abarth 595
Abarth 595C

I want the Competizione, and with the current weather I'm wondering if getting the 595C would be worth it. It's all dependent on what the dealership have bulk ordered.

No kids yet, but I have friends, and since this is Japan not all of them have their own car. Also, you don't really appreciate how tiny Cappuccinos are until you see one in person; Miatas are gigantic in comparison. You can get maybe one small backpack in the trunk, unless the roof is down in which case you have no trunk. I'm getting by, but there have been times I've missed the luggage space my Nissan Moco had. But hey, at least it's more practical than the Honda Beat I almost bought!

Funny you should mention computer chairs, though, since I actually did transport one of those recently. Had to take the passenger-side roof panel off so the legs could stick out the top. It was very nearly too wide to fit.

This x2 Seen guys in the 850-groups claiming to spend $15-20k+/year to keep them in perfect condition.

>one self-leveling damper: $2k

Thinking about getting this, it has 130k miles and they're asking $3,000. If I get it I may rice it out just a little, should I buy it?

Haven't they been riced enough already. Finding a stock one and keeping it stock would be nicer.

Personally I am considering a Suzuki Swift AWD at the point when my old Renault gives up. Hopefully not in the near future.

Supreme gentleman here

E92 M3 is truly the most supreme.

Shitposting aside, the E92 M3 is one the best sports cars for the money right now. You're getting good looks, that amazing V8, the option of a fantastic DCT, and a reliability record that is among the best for BMW. The E9X platform as a whole in the M3 trimming has been one of the most reliable BMWs to date. Earlier cars (2008-2011 or so) had throttle body actuator and rod bearing issues, but those are rare problems. Overall an amazing car.

This thing caught my interest.

I never owned a car before, only driven a Ford Expedition and a Nissan shitbox and my brother is supposed to help me learn stick soon.

Should I buy this? losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5531695998.html

Depending on the failure the gearbox and/or clutch could have damage. Red cog of death is no joke.

That seems like an on par asking price. I have an 87 CRX and other than the aftermarket carb shitting on me and the total lack of power (it's an HF) it's a pretty bitchin little car. That black one is sexy. I say get it.

>earlier cars 2008-2011
>before e92
Pick one

THX 4 UR INPUT

The E92 M3 was produced from 2008 to 2013. In 2011, the cars were facelifted (what BMW calls Life Cycle Impulse, LCI). This included updates to styling the match the latest generation of 3, 4 and 5 series (taillights and headlights updated, LEDs all around, etc) and fixes for the major problems the E9X had like the throttle actuator problem and premature rod bearing failure.

My shitty list
>Mazda 6
>Chevy Colorado
>Toyota 4runner
>Honda HR-V

That's solid. 24 would've been better but I'm content. It would've really started hurting below 20.

I have no clue what to buy desu. My shitbox died like a year ago and I'm still borrowing my parent's car now and then.

>First car, First manual
>s2000
>Engine swapping a subaru with a JDM Engine
>old BMW performance car that's been ragged on and has heaps of rust and cooling issues
>Old rotary engine which to be fair is reliable, if treated very, very well

top kek mate

Have you checked insurance

dallasdodge.net/bargain/Jeep/2005-Jeep-Grand Cherokee-a38140dc0a0d04fe3839c1ab1501f95a.htm
can anyone offer up any thoughts/opinions? seems overpriced for sure, but maybe i could work down the price somehow

Anyone here Daily drive a classic muscle car? I've been wanting to buy one to dd for a while now. Something 1965-1970 Mostly looking at Chevelles, but I like Novas, Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs, etc.. I plan on buying one that's already in DD condition or one that'
's damn near close and work on it with my brother to get it into DD condition. My question is is it even conceivable to still DD these cars? What kind of problems arise on a day to day basis? Also I don't live in a place where winter gets too cold at all so Carbureted engines wont be a problem in the winter.

07 or 08 350z are miles better then 03-06, really would shell out the extra money for one

Either a Chevy Cavalier or a Pontiac Sunfire

>tfw poorfag

Why I could never drive one of those shit boxs

Did you not read >poorfag?

They're literally ~1000 dollar cars.

Would love to get a 9-2x aero as my next DD. I know it's just a WRX with a mask on but insurance is lower because Boyracers forget that they exist.