I hate my job

Ask an Advance Auto wageslave commercial guy anything.

What do you do for them?

I split between working the commercial counter, answering phones and talking to garages/mechanics, finding them parts, sourcing hard to find stuff, etc, and driving one of the little tacomas delivering said stuff. What I'm doing depends on who is working and what we need. I much prefer driving to actually doing work and answering phones, even though we can't speed or beat on the trucks anymore.

Previously I was retail, and I cover the retail area sometimes. It's the worst shit ever. Commercial is the better of the two evils.

Agreed, I used to work retail for Vatozone and fucking hated it, but why do you hate your job if you work the gravy shit?

Wage and location?

>driving one of the little tacomas delivering said stuf
How much does that usually pay? I need a new job, and I'd like to keep working as a driver with a company vehicle.

do you like your job?

I hate my job because of stupid corporate shit I have to deal with, the GM is cool sometimes, and then a massive cock other times, makes us do inventory shit constantly over and over again, and it all boils down to being a retail job in the end. I may also be spoiled a little becuse my night job is waaaaay better ( I have three jobs, the third is freelance stuff).

Also some of the mechanics we deal with at smaller shops just do super annoying or frustrating shit, like call the district manager and lie about stuff and get us in trouble. Or today the parts girl at a shop actually ordered a single handwarmer (Yes the stupid little hot pouch thing to warm your hands) because she forgot her jacket that day, and we had to deliver it because we don't have a minimum order limit.

Rhode Island, $11 an hour. Our GM does whatever he can to prevent us from getting raises, whilst making $42 an hour (somehow)

Starting is like minimum wage, or maybe $10. I would recommend against it if possible from my personal experience. The retail counter is hell. You're expected to be a mechanical engineer level expert at everything.

However if you can get a job as a driver, by all means. I recommend shooting for a NAPA job, I recently got an offer from the local NAPA but I want out of autoparts as a whole.

No. I hate the management and I really hate sucking up to idiot customers.

I already work as a driver for Edible Arrangements at $9 an hour. Literally everything you've listed is an improvement to that.

Also 20% discount on parts. Or if you have access to the commercial shit, you can lower the mark up on the price of shit you get from companies. $60 bilstien shocks for example.

I've heard working for that company is really awful so you're just going from bad to less bad, but why not. If you get a tacoma they all have bluetooth and shit. I love driving because it's just music time.

Drug test?

I just want a smaller vehicle that I can see out of. Right now I drive a Ford Transit Connect with a reefer cabinet and no backup camera. Reversing is *fun* in that thing.

And yeah, the job atmosphere is pretty shit. How wide a delivery area do you have? How many deliveries in a day do you generally do?

whats your name

can I use it on a job application?

Currently only if you're at fault in a car accident in a company vehicle I think

I fucking love my little taco, I'm looking at buying a 4x4 version of the one I drive, 4cyl auto, a nice little around town truck I can take on trails

Not too wide but that's more of a Rhode Island thing than anything. Anywhere from 2 to 25 I guess, I don't count.

I am takumi

Well, that's about as much as my job. Do you have an overbearing manager who demands you deliver faster and faster without ever looking at how long your route is?

No he's actually chill about run times. Also if we speed both him and I get in trouble with the brass.

Truck probably has GPS on it so the company knows where it is and if you're screwing off wasting time.

> Driver got fired for going home for lunch. Which was fine, IF home wasn't an hour in the wrong direction.

They don't demand we speed, just to cut out almost any downtime. Generally I don't take lunch breaks at all because of how far apart my deliveries are; on an average day I drive about 100 miles total.

Do you ever have to deal with recipients that aren't there to receive their order?

I do the same thing as you OP, just for NAPA. I just do full time delivery, in a cobalt lol. I just slam tunes all day, and throw parts at people. And if delivery slows, I just stock shelves or bullshit with the guys at the counter. I love it, but I'm definitely finishing school.

Yeah we have Geotrackers. Tracks speed, acceleration, cornering, and idling times. Plugs into the obd2. We can kill time, if we turn the truck off, they can't see us. Before we had those I went hard trying to break the taco. It's a tough fucker but I eventually killed the rear diff at 11k

Are you glad its not Autozone?

How many of your customers say "I was at Autozone and..."?

Why haven't you moved to NAPA yet?

-former O'Reilly employee

fucking bmw's
and mercedes, amiright?

>Currently only if you're at fault in a car accident in a company vehicle I think
this can confirm

Ben Garrison.

Dan "get in the van" Schneider

>delivering parts to mechanics
>not being a mechanic
Stay cucked friendo our parts store we order from is called monument Autoparts and they always pull into our shop and block our fucking stalls with their shitty Toyota yaris' one guy comes in and revs the engine of one because it's manual and he's a total weeb. I'd apply to be a mechanic. It's way funner and you get to laugh at the parts delivery guys

I was a tech for a month. No fucking way ever again. I love cars, I don't want to hate them after my work day. I'm getting out of the entire industry soon enough. We do our best to park and be gone under like a minute. I'm fast at delivering.

I own one of each of those lolololololkillme