Should I buy a 99-04 Mustang GT ($3K+)

Should I buy a 99-04 Mustang GT ($3K+)
or a 92-96 C4 Corvette LT1 ($5K+)?
Also considering a 4th gen Camaro.

Manual only either way.
And I don't care about reliability since this won't be my DD. I'm looking for a fun weekend toy to modify and race.
On a budget, too.

I wouldn't go around a corner fast in anything that didn't have irs and a lsd

So Corvette?

Can't go wrong with those LT1/LT4 engines. I own a 94 Firebird and that engine can take some shit.

If you go the 4th gen route, you're going to have to upgrade all the suspension bushings (and I mean all of them) to polyeurthane.

The corvette is closed to race ready in its stock form and parts are plentiful. But there's probably gonna be a "corvette tax" on some parts. Or boomer tax whichever you prefer.

>If you go the 4th gen route
Which car are you talking about?

All of the above.

The guys in the Corvette forums seem to believe their cars are inexpensive to maintain/repair. But yeah, every car has that one part that's way more expensive. And for the Corvette that's the optispark.

The Vette gets em wet OP

This. Oh my god this.

If that distributor gets wet (and it's not the vented version which is 1995 or 1996+), it's going to die.

If the waterpump pisses itself, the opti is dead.

It recently happened to me, the waterpump's weep hole is right at the bottom of it.. Where the optispark is located. Drenched the motherfucker and killed it in 15minutes.

nother vote for the vette here
it's like a better camaro which is a better mustang

I wish I lived where you lived where a decent LT1 manual C4 was 5k ish

Well get the C4 just ebcause it looks coolest and will be cheapest on insurance probably.

Vettes offer stupid amounts of performance for the money.

Even if there's more of a premium on the parts, the starting point is just massively higher for a Vette vs a GT or Z28.

4th Gen 98-02 Camaro/TA

Can't go wrong here, it's everything the Corvette C4 was and improved it.

Interior - Lacking, but better than the C4's techno interior

Powertrain - LS1 more power across the board and no Optispark issues. Lighter block and responds very well to power, 6 speeds are plentiful, LS mods are easy to find and pretty cheap, too.

Camaro vs T/A?

I'm biased I have a Camaro I think it looks better desu, but T/A's have a better styling to them.

vette.

get the vette, vettes are fun as fuck, they have (some) performance, and cool as shit to drive

>implying the C4's techno interior isn't fantastic

>corvette faggot
Or
>mustang bitch

Vette for Dat 350

Had a new edge Mustang. You can't make any power without forced induction which you might do for 2-5K. You hand swap cobra IRS for 1K or do torque arm for a little more.

That being said 275hp with bolt-ons "feels" quick enough.

Wow, seems that Veeky Forums has unanimously voted for the C4. I guess I'll keep saving up for one. I'll try to budget $7K for a decent example. And I'll need a garage, too. I love these cars. Thanks guys!

get an rx7

How'd you like your Mustang? I've driven several when I worked at a Ford dealership but only slowly through the parking lots.

My power goal for a new edge would be 300whp N/A. I've been researching mods for the 4.6 and seems like that's achievable with all bolt-ons, street cam and tune. And if that doesn't do it, then a port and polish on the stock heads certainly will. That's a car I'd be very happy with.

I had a 2004 GT. Was a fun car. Low end felt great. I got 21-23mpg city around town most of the time.

If you want power you'll want boost, but the mod motors with boost aren't too bad. Hotrod did an article on them a while ago.

Cobra IRS is an option and makes them handle decently.

Overall for the price I like them. Nice cars. Handle decently, make power, feels good when it puts you back in the seat.

No.

Dump the C4 and go with the Camaro. Ease of maintenance and deep online support. Plus c4 interiors are EXTREMELY dated.

>c4 interiors are EXTREMELY dated

You shut your whore mouth

anyone have any comments on the C4's reliability? considering one for DD

>not wanting to be rad

Won't the C4 be easier to work on? The 4th gen Camaro is really cramped towards the back of the engine.

Yes, since the whole front lifts forward, it will be easier to work on

>Not going the full monte in C4 dashboard experience

user pls.

Yeah that too. I hate not having enough room to work on the car.

Lol no

It depends what you're looking for. If you want a cheap looking interior that looks like a fucking delorean or something out of a cheap, low budget 80's film, go C4.

If you want an interior that is still very much lacking, let me make myself clear as a Camaro owner, get the Camaro. However, the interior on the Camaro is a lot simpler and that suits my needs. I prefer gauges over electronic readouts