How the fuck do you rev match in a diesel?

How the fuck do you rev match in a diesel?

In my car, I go hard on the brakes into the turn, then I press the throttle all the way to the floor, wait about 5 hours for it to rev, then let the clutch out.

Am I just bad or are diesel cars naturally unresponsive and shitty?

I can't heel and toe ;(

>Am I just bad or are diesel cars naturally unresponsive and shitty?

the latter

Depends on the engine really. The tiny ass diesels they're putting into these econo shitboxes have no balls. Bigger diesels like the 5.9 or 6.7 cummins are completely different

if it really takes too longto rev match, just go ahead and floor it with the heel and you will achieve minimum downshift clutch wear since air is not restricted at all by the throttle body

What's your car?

>diesel
>throttle
Good joke user

You just happen to have a shitty diesel.
And why the fuck would you want to rev match on a diesel?

>muh torqueless vtack

1/10

I have a hondur that revs to 8400 and I have the same issue. Get a lighter flywheel

>And why the fuck would you want to rev match on a diesel?
Sure bro let me just drop the clutch at 40mph in 2nd while it's at idle RPM

Literally have no idea what you're on about.

What diesel engine is it?

I've got an old 2.5L 4D56T pump injected diesel in my Pajero that's pretty sluggish, the trick is to give it some gas even before you touch the clutch.

>torqueless vtack
>implying

I've a turbo flat-four.

sorry, not too well established on diesel

do they not have throttle bodies or is it called something else?

Don't even post in these europoor diesel threads. They are extremely elitist even though they have the lowest of the low on the automotive tier. They literally think their diesel shitbox is a sporty feels machine.

If you're just genuinely uneducated, yeah, up until recently diesels have had no throttle body or any kind of restriction through their intake system.

Their engine speed and power output is controlled by how much fuel is injected directly into the cylinder on the compression stroke.

Modern common rail diesels now have flaps in their intake system that are there to create some vacuum for EGR to work better and to shut them down more smoothly, but they still use fueling to control engine output.

2.5TD pajero feels like race car compared to my 2.8D hilux.

NA? I feel for you man, those things are gutless even in an empty ute.

so then would starting the heel and toe and flooring it right before disengaging the clutch possibly solve op's problem so you don't have to completely wait on more fuel to be let in when it is disengaged? assuming his car is older that is

>to shut them down more smoothly
Hah, reminds of the old days where sometimes diesel engines would just keep running and you had to stall them to turn them off. Do we still need to choke them in times of electronically controlled injection?
The most important lesson they've taught us on internal combustion engines was to bend over backwards to avoid obstructing the air intake with throttle bodies.

2L TDI here. No problems with my engine and rev matching. Its mainly the pedal position that's shit. But my cars a 2009, so its probably not old and shit like your engine?

And, sounds a little bit like a blowoff now too. So that's nice

Only on Veeky Forums you can find autists who want to rev-match 15 year old diesel pickups

Try braking and downshifting earlier, you'll carry more speed through the turn, have more control, and acceleration won't seem so bad.

When you brake, weight is transferred from the rear wheels to the front, loosening the rear end, forcing you to take the corner slower. The later you brake, the slower you come out of the turn. If you brake earlier, and get on the gas gently to maintain your speed through the turn, the rear wheels will have more load and more grip, allowing you to take the corner faster.

Also, when the clutch is in, you have less control. The throttle lets you balance the suspension loading and stay neutral through the tun.

Why is this board so garbage.

>I press the throttle all the way to the floor, wait about 5 hours for it to rev
>5 hours

Stop being fucking retarded and replying to the most obvious le epin troll thread on the entire board.