/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

All-Terrain Edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
>youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com / machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Algodoo:
>algodoo.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/60sn_8qXsTA?list=PL57cFnkQyzKkBfStStb5c0O3Wa5DmX0ge&t=117
youtube.com/watch?v=xek4OcScCh4
youtube.com/watch?v=pcp_aiQiOgI
flickr.com/photos/71688597@N05/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>posting right on autosage
fuck off

Im a different user, but Im sort of in the same boat. Turn 30 this year, and havent really been able to start my "career" yet. I went to school for shit, but Ive been stuck working in my fathers shitty business that I hate since forever because they need me, and we cant find anyone to replace me.

Ill be a 30 year old fucking man walking into an industry as a newbie, and it sucks dick because a 22 year old dipshit whos been in the field already for a year has more experience than me.

The only upside is that employers Ive talked with seem to give me more respect that some dumbfuck 22 year old, and even talk about how I feel about managerial positions and being in charge of teams since Ive got more life experience, and have spent alot of time training new employees in our own family business.

Im that 22 with one year experience.

I gotta work doing something. Might as well enjoy it.

Both of you can eat dicks. I just got laid off from my part time minimum wage job because we ran out of business. I'm 19. My co-workers were 17, 36, 52 and 18. Two of them had degrees, and one of them was the owner.

I can build computers, but every place I've gone to only has like one guy working and he's working less than 30 hours.

Part time job workers are always the first people to go when times are tough for a business.

I was working 20 hours and getting more than half the staff. The only people left are the book keeper and the owner.

Allways remember monopoly.
>buy houses
>live from rent
>no need to be a job slave anymore
>make your own business if you want

bump

that turret is cute

this games pretty fun

Not really troll logic but sort of: with burner drills mining coal, make them face each other so that they fill each other up for lower-maintenance coal collection (will only stop once both have 50 in them). Chain together squares (2x2, 4x4 with a 2x2 empty space, etc.) for more coal.

>freejam devs literally only respond to threads on their forum that are all about sucking dev dick

>tons of threads on suggestions on how to fix shit, or offering feedback on how broken shit is
>no responses at all, and never even acknowledged
>things people complain about arent even fixed or changed in future patches, suggesting the devs just ignore their own forums

>OMG ROBOCRAFT IS THE BEST GAME EVAR I LOVE YOU FREEJAM!
>"Well thanks, we try very hard to make a great game for players like you!"

>on base coal reserves finally run out
>only small reserves far as fuck away

I've switched entirely to petroleum based products, just gotta keep pumping that crude forever.

ok guys factario gets overwhelming quick.
am i supposed to manage the production of everything by shutting certain things down to keep belts from flooding or will I learn to get better at managing resources with more experience or something?

I saw in the last thread that people said that in their FtD versions of the game they had again the five resources. Since i'm in devtest and i have only one, i have to ask: What version of the game do you have?

>WT E-100
Holy fuck. I literally gave up my professional career in that game because of that tank.

Here is not so good, but the obj 416 idea is not that bat, literally a gunbed with turrets ala robocuck.
This are transport platforms, you can make it way more flat.

judging by the science icons you're on 0.12, you should opt in to the new beta
makes some parts of the game way better + flamethrowers

I would probably make something like a Obj.140 just so I could feel good about myself.

As you can see, a regular turret has its own issues, you need to axis of rotors and in the last one, where the gun is, a gyro and a remote control to use the mouse to aim, and also.
>no working threads
looks like a cleaner t72

Thanks doc.

When your belts fill up, production stops automatically, there's nothing wrong with that.

yeah i know but my autism makes me want to have everything keeping up with each other but i guess thats too much preparation
ok cool ill update to beta and go again, didnt realize there was experimental patches
oh thats cool ill try that out

SO how about that ksp?

out

Don't respond, you fucking retard.

youtu.be/60sn_8qXsTA?list=PL57cFnkQyzKkBfStStb5c0O3Wa5DmX0ge&t=117

Don't respond, you fucking retard.

it's like everyone at freejam is de_steve

if you want everything to keep up with each other you need to find the ratios of production

easiest example: 1 red science needs 5 seconds to be done and needs 1 iron wheel, 1 iron wheel takes 0.5 seconds and needs 2 plates
start some head math and you realize how much you need and how much you can build

though at some point later on something always messes up and slows down the entire chain before or after it

rude

>want to play engineering game where I can build bipedal mechs and fight shit with them

>robocraft is the only one, but its ugly digitigrade legs, and the game is shit

>other games all run like trash, and clang if you try to legs

Work your way.
Thats the engineering part in this shit.

This is giving me the shits, but I need connect all the movement triggers before I can do the stuff I actually want to work on goddamnit

Is there any difference between normal assemblers and reds in bobs after researching the tile pick up location?

Yes, they're furfaggotry.

>stick gattling gun on top of mega leg
>win almost 90% of 1 on 1 fights in robocraft

muh creativity

Honestly preferred gunbeds.

completed at last. Now it drags itself up/down/left/right by a single pull of the controlling rod.

Now I can start making use of those lasers on the side so it navigates by itself

Another, zoomed in

To get the full benefit you need to research the yiffing upgrade.

Do explain

NAVAL PLAY SERVER
A
W
H
E
N

holy fuck are you an actual engineer, not just a vidya one

I'm new what game?

you're lying
and doing a bad job of it

No seriously, I haven't engineered in like a year. Is that what spengies looks like now?

EE here. Hate my Stemfag classmates but love the engineering. Initial subjects here are a pain in the ass. (some useless shit you never use)
Yes it is worth. If you like doing what you study. And fun if you worked in similar areas because it's amazing to see how shit works.

But what about plastics? I think it needs coal, also, oil is sometimes a bitch and you will need it for other things, you should consider using rails to get coal, they are f... Wait, isn't this coal? this isn't really far. But there is lots of oil too, so whatever.

I have an electrical engineering degree, and a license to fiddle with any electrical appliance up to 1000 Volts. Working in hospital maintenance, fixing anything from light switches to X ray machines. Mostly spend my shifts drinking coffee and chatting with nurses.

youtube.com/watch?v=xek4OcScCh4

>close Factorio
>still hear the sound of assembling machines running

they have taken over your computer

I used to work at Mcdonald's about a year ago
Literally every machine in the building is operated via timed beeps, with each machine having beeps of different tones and frequencies so you can tell which machine it's coming from and what it's indicating
So when I worked there, the whole time there was just constant beeping coming from all over the "kitchen"
When I came home, I could still hear them even though the only sound is coming from the AC

youtube.com/watch?v=pcp_aiQiOgI

Don't worry, it was just CLANG trying to rip a hole in our dimension. You'll be fine. Probably.

what the fuck is this?
Is darpa using autism for something usefull?

Nah, I've just messed around with it for years.

but somehow they run out of coal eventually ... I operate one inserter which each burner drill

>but somehow they run out of coal eventually
you're doing it wrong then

Has /egg/ ever considered making a Factorio mod

>pride parade today
>working all day
How dare these cunts have a good time in earshot of people working.

what would we even do in it

I tried making a spengies mod.
Then keen killed it just as I finished.
Fucking modding these early access shits.

stop being so entitled user :^)

Why the fuck there's no engineer day?

Need a flag first.

An incredibly expensive endgame building that opens a portal to the clang dimension, resulting in the destruction of your base and all the hard work leading up to that point.

what could be wrong here?

"why don't you remake thomasformer with box and cap parts?"

good question.

burners take out the last coal and the energy runs out on all 4 before they can mine another coal x 4

but how will the proposed concept work then?

>Come back to Robojew
>What the fuck is this? What the fuck is that? where the fuck are my cubes? Where the fuck are my tiers?
>Make some very small modifications to my half-track SMG bed
>Apparently the only people who are still playing ar 12-year olds.

The game is actually not as terrible as i keep seeing people say. Pretty sure it got a whole lot grindier with all those crate things though. I get Protonium pretty much after every game and it still feels like it's gonna take ages to get any legendary-tier things.

I've been enjoying it, it's dumb fun although the legendary weapons seem pretty op

nevermind an electric mining drill now takes care of this.... this concept is only for really early game like the first half an hour

Thanks for reminding me of the time I flew CAP for Yamato-kun and the /egg/ Navy

I miss old robocraft

roughly the same scale, kei trucks, mid size, and full size monster rig.

EGOTY

Stand clear!
BUMP

>not wanting more boolit

REManon, you sly cunt, spoilers don't work on /wsg/.

Was the format of the webm player changed? I can't tell for sure but I don't think it was as white and blocky as it is now. I think it used to be grey/black.

It's a chrome thing

>Clearing folders because i can't find reaction pics and all that shit
>Find pic related
>It's from may 2015

Page 9 bump because i'm bored

So did k*rbal actually get permanently destroyed or what? Haven't seen a thread for 2 or 3 days.

Also, found some neat Mars surface photos, there's a surprising amount of blue.
flickr.com/photos/71688597@N05/

Just don't respond when they post, report it, and hide the stub. I saw a thread on /m/ the other day where someone tried to dumb babies and fox and wasn't even able to make it five pages in because the entire thread actually reported and hid the posts without responding even once. It DOES work.

These flamethrowers are awesome.

they collapsed into a shitposting singularity

Also those photos are cool.

>not disassembling them and making tons of chests to be used in a massive stockpile system
>or just using them as fuel

What's this?

Colonialims Simulator 2016:Diselpunk kills Ayys Edition

factorio

send help I'm forgetting what connects to where

You got lazy with your documentation and kept too many things on the same layer didn't you

Next thing should be a mechanical computer playing Algodoo