Is there a worse engine? Fuck me, it is THE econobox engine

>soch i4
>not pushrod inline 4

you dont know bout that econobox life

Name one sohc performance car

Any pagani

Now I know.your lying. Why would they use sohc over dohc

1982 Datsun 200sx

I had a JCW R53 Mini that was pretty fucking good at autocross and loads of fun on track days...Eaton supercharged 1.6 SOHC 4cyl FWIW

anything with a soch 427

but thats not the point, my point is you have not lived the shitbox life until you have worked on a 4 cylinder pushrod engine

can a 2.2 turbo sohc be good
>tfw shitposting topic on the precise thing your car is

Any drag car with a 427 SOHC.

>cammermind

Opel's cam in head layout is even worse.

I fucking loved the car, 10/10 driving experience.

6/10 ownership experience though. Had 30k miles on it, not a spot of rust (in the rust belt) and appeared to have been garaged its whole life. Had every option but the heated seats because it was originally a florida car.... I worked on it at least 5 hours every two weeks fixing bullshit electrical and cooling issues. Would never daily one again. Would love to own one just as clean as a second / weekend car though now that I have a garage. (pic of mine)

SOHC is only bad because it gives less valve control than DOHC and it doesn't allow for easy fully independant cam phasing like DOHC does. Multiair engines get around that, with sufficient valve control and fully independant valve actuation.

Also airflow is compromised, probably due to less valve control or difficulty in designing a simple multivalve head as wpuld be possible on a DOHC unit. However, like and said, you can fix that with BOOST.

i ask this because considering 1990 mx6 gt
>tfw OP got so triggered by me thinking of buying one he made two threads shot talking it

You can fix most of SOHC's problems by applying boost. However, I wouldn't buy a turbo Probe.

If you want a nice FWD Mazda, consider an MX3 - they're great with the K-series V6.

>U WOT M8 I GOT RID OF THE OTHER CAM FOR WEIGHT SAVINGS WITH PORTED AND POLISHED CAMS I MAKE MORE POWER THAN WITH THE G13B DOHC HEAD SWAP THE G16B IS ENGINEERING MASTERPIECE

>turbo probe
?
why

>sohc

>

the huayra is SOHC. The Zonda is DOHC

Nah

its pretty neat with a lightweight driveshaft and flywheel

i mean i know its not fast by any means but it sure as shit fun and wont hurt if i wreck or kill the engine. plus everything is swappable to the ka24de

>Is there a worse engine?
Why is that even a question? Are you fucking retarded?

yeah

Why can't it be fast

>nissan

What