Talk me out of buying a Ferrari 360 6spd guys

Talk me out of buying a Ferrari 360 6spd guys

>22 years old
>driving first car still, 2003 Mach 1 Mustang
>Can get a Ferrari 360 spyder 6spd for $78,000 OTD, 22k miles
>will not depreciate as it has already hit depreciation bottom
>if anything it will gain value or maintain

Thoughts? I'll be paying in cash. I live in a studio apartment, have no debt and make anywhere from $60-$75k/year ( commission salary ). How different are these things from good ole' Fords? I did everything on my Mach 1. Long tubes, cams, intake and spray so I'm fairly mechanically inclined.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9pc7_qaPzOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BsiUqPvUVw4
youtube.com/watch?v=q8_GiMZqZNk
youtube.com/watch?v=8qCze1j1des
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't afford the parts on that kind of salary.

You're a fucking fool if you think $78k is bottom for a shithouse 360. It'll be worth $50k in 5 years.

They're also unreliable, have ridiculously expensive parts and are actually pretty slow.

Get a 996 Turbo instead.

Aside from everything else, if you can't garage it you need to forget it.

Like what man? I can do all the maintenance. I have access to a lift on base as well.

From what I looked into, most of the pricey service is because Ferrari charges extravagant amounts for labor. $5k for a clutch? Common. Shit costs $600 and a day of work to replace it I bet. It can't that much different than the 3650 in my Mustang. It's still just a car.

You might be lucky. I think new brakes on a 360 are under $10,000. Maybe.

M8 360s are going to hit 30,000 before they go up again

Brake pads are a couple hundred bucks for all four. Rotors are about $1,000 for all four. Rotors don't need to changed every 10k miles either, user.

Doesn't the military have a duty of care to explain to the children it employs not to spend all their money on buying a car?

No they're not. They've been at roughly the same price for a couple years. The stick shifts are only appreciating in value on a month by month basis because they are some of the last exotics to come with stick.

>Rotors don't need to changed every 10k miles either, user.
Who sid they did? Also, you HOPE pads and rotors for a 360 cost that. Cross your fingers Ferrari shares parts with other automobiles.

Go lower.

There's so many of them, and they command such little respect, that they're going to drop all the way down to $15k for turds because they start getting rare and thus valuable again.

The 360 is the future mondial.

NSX targa

/thread

M8 the Ferrari market has a ton of plateaus before a car hits rock bottom. The 360 is one of the most common Ferraris ever. In 5 years when the second owners of 360s move onto 430s the price is going to drop

>22
>ferrari
insurance is gonna kill ya

Insurance for service members is incredibly cheap. I pay $44/month for my Mach 1

I got a quote for a 360 and it will be $164/monthly.

You would be surprised the kind of cars you see on post in coastal cities.

>Spending $78,000 on a Ferrari
>Making $67,500 a year.

For what fucking purpose?
I so don't get poorfags wanting to look anything but, that's why they stay poorfags.

If you don't make at least 6 1/2 figures (By that I mean closer to 1,000,000 than 100,000) you shouldn't even be fucking thinking about getting a Ferrari of any sort because the maintenance and insurance will bite you in the ass PLUS you'll look like a complete tool being a middle-classfag in that car. Bangin' Ferrari m8, but you don't have a house and live in a studio apartment? Fucking ridiculous.

user, save your money, look into investment options, anything but buying a fucking used Ferrari at your income level, m80.

You want something fun with a horse on it? Get a Mustang.

You want to spend more than that because "muh image" but still want a horse? Get a Cayman.

But don't get a Ferrari, user. It's a dumb idea.

Do it, OP. It's honestly the best financial decision you could make at this stage of your life, and you'll get banging pusspuss on the side. Live a little while you're young. You'll regret not getting a Ferrari in your prime. And no matter what happens, don't sell it. It might seem expensive at first, but those are just numbers, and since you've already built up a Ford, you're honestly set for repairing a Ferrari. It's really not that different. Plug and play. And you'll be making more and more money every year, right? Just like your Ferrari will increase in value. So fuck it. Do it. You can't spend $78k on something better.

>muh Italian exotics are super expensive to maintain meme

you should post on exotic forums, most of the guys there are upper middle class single guys like doctors.

the meme that exotics require million dollar salary is outrageous and exists to make them seem less attainable. if you do your own wrenching (which is just as easy as any car, just different) it gets even cheaper.

Invest that money into a low cost ETF account for 6 years and retire.

Or you know, buy a unpractical Ferrari.

This. As the economy gets worse and worse, people like you will be flocking to buy Ferrari's instead of shelter, food, and clothing.

don't do it OP

I don't know anything by experience, but from what i've seen from robs videos, they're a nightmare to own.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pc7_qaPzOQ

youtube.com/watch?v=BsiUqPvUVw4

youtube.com/watch?v=q8_GiMZqZNk

youtube.com/watch?v=8qCze1j1des

>$164 a month for a 360

Either that's a lie or its the shittiest liability insurance ever

Fuck off. You don't know what you're talking about. $78k is reasonable at his salary if he just keeps it as a project car. He can pay that off in a couple years. It's no problem. He needs to get that Ferrari.

You want OP to blow his youth on old man bullshit like retirement? He's got forever to do that shit. He needs that fucking Ferrari NOW.

>I live in a studio apartment
>I'll be paying in cash

Most general practice doctors make $300,000 a year though. They are the lowest paid.

It's not that they require a million dollar salary, it's that there's better shit you could be doing with that money, and $78,000 isn't fuck around money for someone in user's income range.

You will get pussy, though, that's true.

I make double what you do and I wouldn't begin to consider a Ferrari a good idea. Not a fucking chance. Good luck if you do though, you'll need it.

I doubt it. More like $120-180k.

Do you have the required $20k Ferrari SD2 Diagnostic tool and its $1200 annual software subscription?

That's because you're a bland cuck who's going to die having experienced nothing of value unlike OP.

>general practice doctors making over 100k
still sounds a little high, but yeah.

private practice is what makes 300k+

>doing your own cuck tier services in your garage
>car holding its value

pick one faggot

Depends a lot on area and how successfully they can run a business. If I remember right, the best places to create private practices are in bumfuck nowhere with a low population of doctors and a lot of people who have limited choices. Overhead in places like LA or Long Beach are probably horrific for private practice and maybe only worth it if you're a plastic surgeon.

>You will get pussy, though, that's true.

Not with a 360 you won't. Even the dumbest gold-diggers can tell that a 360 is old. Women practically ignore 360's when they're parked downtown here. I bet you'd pull more ass with a brand new base model 3 series.

Women couldn't tell the difference between a 3000GT and a Ferrari.

I've worked at a regional hospital for 22 years. My brother in law is a OBGYN, he makes better. However, OBGYNs are the most sued doctors. Last time he ever mentioned it, I think his insurance premiums were about $66,000 a year.

Sober women can.

>My brother in law is a OBGYN

Yeah, but that's a specialization, plus, like you said, the horrific malpractice insurance. GPs make an alright amount but it's not guaranteed that they'll make an absurd amount, especially if they just do family practice.

I'm just repeating the scuttle butt around here at the hospital. I'm an Xray tech, but doctors talk. Some brag.

>will not depreciate as it has already hit depreciation bottom

Just got into this thread, and am not reading through to see if this has already been posted, but:

Friendly reminder that unless you have coverage for these things,
>your Ferrari will depreciate real quick if you go drive it drunk and total it.
>your money will go from 100-0 real quick if you get hit by some asshole without insurance.

Full disclosure, I only have the state minimums, which means if I go wrap that Ferrari around a tree, I'm shit out of luck on getting that money out of it.

I talk to a lot of med students. I'm a lab tech at a research wing of a med school. They're more open about potential salaries and hear some shit about what practicing doctors make. My friend's fiancee's about to graduate and specialize in some sort of surgery. Basically guaranteed to make $300k afterwards. He's just gonna fucking cruise on her horrifically busy and stressful life and do some CRA shit on the side to fund his car projects. Fucking living the dream (if she doesn't kill herself or break up with him to match with an even richer doctor).

How do you like being an x-ray tech?

TL;DR:
>depreciation rock bottom is always $0, don't kid yourself

It's ok. I do Xrays and Catscans. But I'm getting cert to do MRIs soon. I put that certification off for many years because I didn't want to do them, but now I'd kind of like the extra cash and with budget cuts always lurking, I'd like the extra certification as well.

I just enjoy the finer things in life, I suppose, like investments and not having to turn my own wrenches on a 16 year old ferrari. Id much rather be turning wrenches on an old farm truck or the likes.

You sound like the type of guy who would have owned slaves 170 years ago.

I would've, not even gonna lie about it.

What are you, some kinda niggro?

is this subtle sarcarsm

>you sound smart and successful
Brutal bants, bro

>buy Ferrari 360
>stare at it every day as it sits in the garage, wanting to take it out for a spin

And then, on a warm summer day,

>give into temptation go out for a drive
>"it's a lovely day"
>bird shits through open top and onto seats

Your pride and joy defiled. Or,

>park somewhere
>jealous poorfags key the car

I'd do it if I was in a position to not go into debt to buy. Manual/Spider with low mileage is a great combo, it may depreciate a bit, but not enough to rule it out if you in a reasonable position to buy.

Would seek out one which has had consumable items replaced ie. clutch, bushes etc.

My dream car progression list is

> 360 Spider Manual
> Murcielago Manual
> Carerra GT

Do it. It's gun b fun.

For us.

This is why poor people exist

Why don't you invest in a house you mongoloid? Cars are almost never a good investment unless you make like 7 figures a year

>"if you do your own wrenching (which is just as easy as any car,just different)...." do you even pay attention to the hog wash thats is flapping from your gums? Ferraris, mercs, jags, audi's with shoe horned v8s/v10 are an absolute pita to service man. Even down to some basic pleb tier vehicles are more worth to junk than work on like Lincolns mark 5 air ride or that midish engined jap van that you got to lift the body off the chassis to change the spark plugs and other engine related stuffs. You don't actually work on cars user (doing your own oil or tires dont count here son) so you should just stop.

Just buy a Nissan GTR you retard. unless you're buying this to impress people.

Hey, props for having a bad ass mach 1. Just get a gt500 or something, maintenance will be more reasonable, more power, can still be boosted and NOS'd and built. You can have 1000whp and still pay for rebuilding the block 2 or 3 times before it gets near the purchase price of that ferrarri, which as others said, will have ridiculous cost for parts.

>I did everything on my Mach 1. Long tubes, cams, intake and spray so I'm fairly mechanically inclined.
Any mods to a Ferrari will reduce it's value. Even doing an oil-change yourself will reduce it's value. When it comes to re-selling a Ferrari, bone stock with full service records nets the highest price.

>leave parked for more than 5 minutes
>oil pours out

>leave idling for more than 5 minutes
>catches fire

LTs gonna LT

>if you do your own wrenching (which is just as easy as any car, just different)
Oh yeah, you wrench on a lot of exotics?

>I live in a studio apartment
>I want a Ferrari

Lol, buy a Mondial or something you fag

jealous of your life op

A Mondial is not cheaper than a 360 if you actually drive them (I'd still take a super clean Mondial T Spider over a low end 360 Spider though)

Consider an NSX instead.

>break pads need replaced
>$5,000

don't do it.

You're a fucking retarded. If you want to go "baller on a budget" like every other 22 year old retard who just started making above minimum wage buy a used Elise for like half the money.

That way you'll at least be able to afford something other than bare bones liability insurance for when your retarded ass crashes it. Maybe you'll even be able to afford a real apartment that won't get you laughed at when you pick up girls in your 10 year old car.

You could get a NSX with that money and its gonna be reliable unlike some italian sports car i know. NSX are getting more expensive so yeah its a good investment

>I have lift
>I can put a $600 clutch in a ferrari
>1k for four rotors

Holy shit don't buy this car, you will ruin the fuck out of it. Do you even know the first thing about cars? Parts aren't compatible with every car in the world. Ferrari parts are designed for Ferraris, you can't just got to autozone and buy a fucking part for a 360

Buying a Ferrari isn't something you should consider as an investment or a sensible purchase. Ferraris are for people who don't even care about the pricetag or the maintenance because they simply don't make any sense. There's an endless list of faster, better, more reliable, better looking, and infinitely cheaper cars out there. The only reason anyone would even think of paying an insane premium for a stupid badge is because they don't give a shit about the cost.

Now what's truly beyond comprehension is that anyone would get into all that spiral of lunacy for the most boring, ugly, dull, and uninspired Ferrari of the last 50 fucking years. That's the really puzzling part.

Ultimately, if you are so miserable that you have to spend the majority of your income on owning what comes down to a meaningless badge, and to tell your mates that you have a Ferrari (and what's probably more important: that they don't) you deserve all the misery you'll get yourself into. Natural selection at its best.

>22
>studio apartment
>used ferrari

You'll get 3 types of attention:

>Basically everybody will think your dad bought it for you
>except cops who will think you bought it yourself with money you made from selling drugs
>meanwhile your landlord is in the process of evicting you cause you can't pay your rent because you spent literally all your money on a 15 year old car.

Have fun faggot. Buy a corolla.

He can't afford that either, prices skyrocketed the past few years

>Talk me out of buying a Ferrari 360 6spd guys

If you get one, wherever you park it, there are people who will jump on top of your hood to get pictures as seen in

>Doesn't the military have a duty of care to explain to the children it employs not to spend all their money on buying a car?

Just sell secrets or provide database access to china, and you'll get money to buy parts for the car.

9 9 6 T U R B O

>Long tubes, cams, intake and spray so I'm fairly mechanically inclined.

Did you know that ferrari doesn't sell some NEW parts to non-approved non-ferrari dealers? So good luck on your claims that labor charges for replacement parts don't matter due to you doing the labor. The service center or ferrari dealer will be doing the labor as only they can get certain NEW parts. You'll have to obtain used parts and that's okay for some things. But a used clutch or used drivetrain parts just doesn't cut it.

Uhm.... I went to autozone to get the brake pads for my friends 360, found out later that discount auto had them for cheaper. I got jewed.

Serious question here OP, why a Ferrari?
You could get a newer, used Porche with that kind of money. My friend's dad just bought a 2011 Carrera S for 70-80k, and it'll be more reliable and cheaper to operate for longer. Some other posters are saying 996 Turbo too.
Do you just want a Ferrari because Ferrari?

>guis I can work on my Mustang so I'm totally qualified to work on a Ferrari!

Jesus christ how retarded.

If you're going to spend that much might as well get a Testarossa. Those are on the rise in value and might actually go up a little after you buy it. Also the Testarossa was legendarily reliable for a Ferrari and should cost less to maintain.

For the same price you can get a 355 Spyder.

OP do it. Reason won't make anyone buy a sportscar, who doesn't have passion just don't get it.
Ferrari 360 engine is one of the best sounding. It's a crazy chainsaw in a killing spree

>355 maintenance

Enjoy those 30k mile timing belt changes OP.

engine out maintenance for everything. 360 lets you go thru an access panel in the interior.

no, no, it's okay, OP can do all his own maintenance, remember?

>OP seriously thinks he is gonna be able to work on a Ferrari because he changes the oil on my Mustang by himself

>Lives in an apartment so he doesn't have any actual space to work on his car anyway

>probably thinks said Ferrari is gonna be reliable enough to DD

Yeah do it OP!

not a ferrari guy and this may be bullshit but i will i give you what i know.

>value sense it is a manual and manual ferraris are very rare it will hold value slightly better. If this was a f430 or by some godsend a 599 you would have way better expectations in the long run, sense those were the last manuals Ferrari ever made.

>Ferrari parts are expensive as fuck and if you don't want to kill the value of your car, you must get most service done and documented at a ferrari certified mechanics who also charge a premium just to breath the same air as your car
>Reliability
Ferraris have been known for some weird shit, even being stored in air conditioning they just manage to break or leak oil. See superspeedersrob for his videos. Shit from the locks freezing in cold weather to the entire car literally catching fire is not unheard of.

I'm also guessing insurance would probably be a real bitch as well

Insurance companies usually just laugh at you when you mention Ferrari, even more so when you mention your age
You'd have to get specialty insurance that restricts how much you can drive the car every year

If you want to build your wealth up in your lifetime then that ferrari will slow you down considerably. skip it.

Buy one of these instead and register it with the DMV. So you can drive it on the street

Far better things to be bought with the money on all aspects bar the whole non-car person being impressed by /any/ red car with a ferrari badge on it. But you seem pretty bent on the idea, so go for it.
>not posting the w8 engine in passats, where those plastic bits would call it quits far sooner.
here you go.
there's also the issue with electrical components. My father had a Cayenne totaled/bought back by the dealer because the windshield or something leaked onto the ecu.

has something been done bodywise to this one? it looks kind of odd, but I like it.

>70000$ a year
>old ass Ferrari

Are you stupid? I make that much in Euros and drive a middle class sedan.

don't work on it yourself if you plan on selling it

if you do, be prepared to keep it for the rest of your life

The only way it could ever maintain its value (it won't) is if you put it in a heated garage and never use it, which kind of defeats the object.

You put miles on it...devalued

You scrape it...devalued

Plus it won't maintain its value anyway, and it certainly won't go up!

This.
Sounds like older porsche is your territory.
Especially being a mechanic.