Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Hurry up TGS edition

>Great news!
Monster Hunter Stories to release in Japan October 8
youtu.be/gSQmtzB8rqg

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/NEW-High-Quality-Left-With-Right-Shoulder-Button-Flex-Cable-For-Nintendo-For-3DS-L-R/32651095055.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SEEE YAAAAAAAAAA

Do you ever sleep?

Quickly, post your best set and your ideal set

>Hyper Mizutsune goes into enrage
>LITERALLY one shots me twice in a row, from 100% health, resulting in a triple cart after 20 minutes

Haha, and you faggots say the series has become too casual and whine about no G-Rank. This shit is literally worse than G-Rank. Never before in a Monster Hunter game have i actually been 1-shot from 100% health.

MH5U when? Need my G rank back!

Jesus I loaded up 4U for the first time since I've played Generations and what the fuck why's it run so much smoother than Generations. It's like shocking how different it is.

Also it shocked me to see how good my endgame set was compared to what I have in Generations now.

Because Generations is locked at 30 fps and 4U isn't you flaming faggot?

Any good sets for god's isle in Mhg?

Because 4U got a bunch of New 3DS perks that Generations was too cheap for.

New post for Sir Bibit

T G S
G
S

>Monster uses that one move repeatedly

>Monster causes damage to you with its feet just by turning around

Because 4U is the best game in the series and gen is irredeemably shit

HAHAHA I LOVE GETTING ONE SHOT BY HR7 HYPER MONSTERS THIS GAME IS SO CASUAL WHERE IS MY G-RANK!!?!?

Was it the third jump? That move takes out a colossal amount of health regardless of rank.

Yes and it literally seems to home in on your position when he's enraged or some shit because both times he landed on top of my fucking face from the other side of the arena. It literally 1 shot me from max health

>finally reached HR
>all this enemy damage
Man, the only thing keeping them from killing me in one hit is my full health bar, I wonder if making HR tier armor will make a big difference on that front, then again I am a Gunner so I shouldn't hope too much on that front

>Cephadrome's hip strike
Jesus Christ, he moves really far with that, thank god he did it on my cat first so I know to run the fuck away from it

As a gunner, if you fight something like Hyper Tigrex the chip damage you get from the monster turning around will literally one shot you. Good luck

>key rushing shitters in LR BuJa in charge of MHGen difficulty meme

Is Dreadking Rathalos supposed to be easy as shit?
Did him first try solo with no carts at HR6.

>Room objective is yian kutku
>Room name is kut ku farm
>We finish one hunt
>Guy puts up double bear hunt

I mean sure, it's an easy as fuck hunt to do but come on at least do more than 1 kut ku before you post a different monster when the room purpose was to hunt yian kutku.

Whoa, how did you do it? That monster is hard as shit bro. You must be god of MH!!

>Go back to 4U to see what quests I have left
>Only one left in village is Bad Hair Day Rajang

Oh god I can't remember how to fight him at all. You'd think after all the 140 GQ's it would be engrained in me but it's been a while.

Kill yourself IMMEDIATELY you fucking piece of shit
I literally spent 200 hours on this game already soloing my way through high rank, fighting every new monster that i can fight, even the non-key ones.

I'm in full Ceanataur S armor upgraded until the Hyper parts are needed, and i still get fucking one shot. A one shot is a one shot regardless of players skill

*tips plate*

Well, that's uh, something, though I suppose I'd kart just as quickly and often from their moves if the enemy was near me as a melee guy anyway

>Room purpose is to hunt ku-ku
>You hunt kut-ku
What's the problem?

I just solod deadeye with a LBG in 9 minutes.

This is the hardest monhun yet!!!

Tell us what attack oneshot you so we can understand how unfair life is

>A one shot is a one shot regardless of players skill
No actually if your skill is high enough you don't get hit to begin with.

You didn't actually do it, surely.

>Monster bites
>Take full damage by standing next to the tail

Grip finally came in today.
Its so goddamn comfy bros.

how many american dorrars?

He expected to be fighting lots of kut-ku and nothing else

>he uses the same set and weapon for every hunt

Kill yourself, even World Record japanese TA players get hit at least once during a hunt.

$46 from Play-Asia

>Made all axes i could
>Still use only 2

I blame raw being too strong

>Being a pedantic bitch

You must blacklist a lot of GS players

>tfw no CPP for N3DS XL so i'm stuck using this garbage C-Stick

Anyone else thinking about dropping the series if the next game is on 3DS too? I'm getting really fucking tired of using this thing as an input device. It's simply a worse experience than you'd have with an actual gamepad. I know MH will forever be a handheld game due to how popular it is in Japan, and that Japanese people play it a lot on the train or meet up with others in public to hunt together, which is why i genuinely hope that the Nintendo NX will actually be a handheld hybrid like the rumours state, so i can actually play MH with two actual fucking sticks again like i did with 3U on Wii U

Remember me

Pretty much this

>wants to make Narkarkos Longsword
>it's absolute shit
Why does this keep happening.

>use Hammer
>love the Adept Level 3 Charge being an Uppercut
>hate the Aerial dodge
This is fucking suffering

When do I actually go for aerial attacks and mounts?
I know that most of the time, it's better just to charge or pound
It's called Aerial and yet it's better on the ground

I gotta get one of these. My big problem with the current handhelds is that they forego ergonomics completely, they don't fit the hand like the Game Boys do. Doesn't help that they all have glossy, slippery backs that make it hard to keep the handheld propped up when I'm laying back without having to use my pinkies.

Why would you want to make it in the first place when it's absolute shit?

>dual blade

I have no idea what I'm doing

FUCK, meant the Aerial level 3 charge

>Kutku/Garuga gets mad and stomps on the ground, repeatedly dealing damage to you

Because it looks good and I wanna play Fashionhunter.

The only two viable weapons are the Stamp and the Pizza, and I'm not using the fucking Pizza.

The psp-1000 joystick nub works great as a replacement, having said that I rarely use mine after I ripped the rubber off after it started do disintegrate.

You don't really need the c-stick if you git gud

>Shitter randos
>Join an /mhg/ room
>Get flung in the air all hunt from a GS user
Fuck your to the moon bullshit.

Just claw bro. Easy as

>I'm not using the fucking Pizza

Why the fuck would you claw on the Wii U gamepad when it actually has two sticks?

It's time to capture the monster! You didn't forget your traps and tranqs, did you?

Hey....why aren't you trapping it? Is something wrong?

The best thing about Aerial I suppose is that if you vault off a monster, hit A, and land both hits it totals something like 90 motion value and you can do it again as soon as you land so it's pretty good damage.
The bad part is that it's one-note as fuck since if you can land them on the head you're doing your hammer job, plus doing good mounting damage and raw damage at the same time.

I do adept hammer personally, lvl 3 strong charge is satisfying as hell to land. The animation is just so exaggerated, it's great.

>TFW you need kut ku webbing and you're tired of hunting kut ku after your 1,000th one in the franchise but when you go online nobody breaks the wings or head and you spend half of your time on the ground because of all the LS users doing side slashes

Also I've only done about a dozen online games in Generations now, just got it, but so far I have only seen LS, GS, HBG, and one other Glaive. I've been using Glaive, personally, it's been pretty fun, but I was thinking about swapping to sword and shield once I can make a decent one.

You can start ditching the LR gear you spent farming and rickrack on dat defense again.

Man you must be new

Clawing just feels wrong when the D-pad is below the joystick

I 100% agree that the Adept charge is great, but it's rough online because everyone wants head priority
Aerial charge just feels so much more prudent

Capture parts are so rare this time around
If a guy wants to improvise a capture even though we're not struggling i'll always do my best to kill it before it reaches the trap

>have to be precise as fuck with lance
>monster keeps shoving your aim all over the place

>Breaks the wings
Whoops you don't break yian's wings, regardless, fuck tripping. Why don't people learn to space out and use thrusts/downslashes?

On top of that, I believe focusing on the pound-pound-swing combo is more DPS, and the Aerial swings let you do that a bit better
That dodge tho

how do I dual blade? sure I beat the monster in two minutes but I was just mashing

Yeah I can't do it either. I just claw like how normal people claw

what style do you guys like using w/ the switch axe? thinking of switching from SnS

spin2win baby

Aerial for casual play/fun, Striker for """serious""" hunts.

>use greatsword
>waste prime chance for level 3 during pitfall, shock, knockdown, mount because monster's head or tail nudges you too far away to hit or the head flails too high in the air and you swing right under it

Striker is the only really viable one because you can stay in enhanced-damage sword form during the entire hunt and also slot in an evasion skill

>play with randoms
>ls, hammer, bow
>bow user ONLY fires L1 shots
>hammer user ONLY hits tail - spams 'CUT TAIL'
>LS user runs into people then r combos

oboi.

I was looking through all the guild cards I've collected so far and Harlot is sexiest huntress. I must rape. Please understand, there is no other choice here.

any charm runs or the anyon ehave the guide to unlock the charm runs?

My R button has been acting up, would a pad like that fix it?
They connect with infrared or something, right?

>play with randoms

Why on earth is everyone subjecting themselves to this lately?

Will this change my life if I get it? I've thought about getting one many times.

Nobody could possibly be that retarded

Because /mhg/ is full of toxic autists who spam the threads about how shit everybody besides them is while remaining anonymous.

Only the O3DS versions do that.

Use the best attack depending on the lenght of the opening.
Demon dance >demon X combo/(archdemon X+XA) >demon A>cancelled demon A>Spin>Demon X

Is there a good possibility of a new DS coming out sometime soon?
Thinking of finally upgrading my old first gen DS, but I can definitely wait.

>"""Toxic"""
>Avoids people on the internet because of MEAN WORDS

Holy shit get off my universe already

im starting to doubt these stories about bow users in pubs using lvl1 shots.

Can't see how that would really affect making a room and seeing who joins.

The NX is out in 6 months I doubt they'll be releasing a new portable before that or less than 6 months after it. They most likely wouldn't want to detract from NX sales by putting out another console.

>Posting memes about memes and using multiple quotation marks for a single word
Okay buddy, you should relax.

normally people in HR at least know how to use weapons, yeah, but when that bow master happened upon me I just was confused.

help me /mhg/ i'm addicted to mopeshrooms and dragon toadstools

>Feel like we're close to a mount but no ledges
>Toss some moron that got close to me
>Didn't mount

I'm not sorry

>Dash Juice
Enjoy refreshing every 30sec

you mean as in "it doesn't activate all the time"?
you can get shit like this:
aliexpress.com/item/NEW-High-Quality-Left-With-Right-Shoulder-Button-Flex-Cable-For-Nintendo-For-3DS-L-R/32651095055.html
Of course, search for your correct version - this is for a normal 3DS.
I replaced it on my old 3DS once. Easy as fuck, as long as you're not too stupid to use a screwdriver, you can fix it yourself. Just be gentle.

>this toxic meme
lmao why dont you go call Riot to ban everyone here then or are you just gonna cry some more about it?