/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

>Cakes edition Sent from my iPhone.

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware (3.60) henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

3dschaos.com/threads/official-3ds-chaos-exclusive-street-fighter-alpha-2-cryptofixed-new3ds-xl-only.3997/
gbatemp.net/threads/wooddumper-3ds-a-way-to-dump-original-ds-games-to-3ds-sd-card.436998/
mega.nz/#F!3x9HyK5S!xQNNG9T7hQgoMeU2W6MCwg
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4vv2i2/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_august_2016/
pastebin.com/raw/Gi8TVT9t
yifan.lu/2016/08/05/henkaku-koth-challenge/
gateway-3ds.com/682/
wololo.net/2016/08/06/henkaku-yifanlu-releases-files-offline-hosting-officially-challenges-hackers-reverse-explain-exploit/#comment-3544878
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anyone care to share the megas and pw for this keen to have a few rounds

3dschaos.com/threads/official-3ds-chaos-exclusive-street-fighter-alpha-2-cryptofixed-new3ds-xl-only.3997/

Stop spamming that shitty website, idiot.

Late night bump

Vita backups when

You can now dump DS roms with 3DS CFW, doesn't work for dsi enhanced games like Pokemon White yet though.

gbatemp.net/threads/wooddumper-3ds-a-way-to-dump-original-ds-games-to-3ds-sd-card.436998/

Made a backup of my Australian pokemon platinum with the game corner desu

so what I still don't understand is
what is the difference between installing a file via .cia file after getting a9lh luma and somehow injecting the game (?)
what does injecting do exactly

>like my post xD
fuck that guy and that site too just use the one from here mega.nz/#F!3x9HyK5S!xQNNG9T7hQgoMeU2W6MCwg

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Top quality shitpost.

injecting puts whatever rom into the vc emulator of said system, it's converted into a cia so you can install it

does anyone here know a working youkai watch NTR cheat plug in? im too lazy to make them myself

Better question: Why would you play Yokai Watch?

"You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer"
why the .cia part, when there are installer .3dsx and you can use them with the homebrew launcher? [unfornately this isnt a shitpost]

>>why the .cia part, when there are installer .3dsx and you can use them with the homebrew launcher? [unfornately this isnt a shitpost]

Because that has not been possible since after 10.7

Some guy suddenly feared people may ask about piracy on 11.0 if it wasn't stated one more time in the OP that it isn't possible, so he included this half lie.

how's it a half lie or is this sarcasm

.3dsx games require a flashcart.

.cia games do not.

No? In order for NASA or other programs to pull that stunt off, they relied on an exploit that's been patched. It's directly related to the reason you can't downgrade, also.

>I don't know what .3dsx is
>I think .3dsx is .cci renamed

best format for sd card ofr 3ds usage?
i know it should be fat32, but which cluster should i use?16 or 64?

Allow EmuNAND9 to perform the format if you want perfect settings.

I'm looking into buying a N3DS for hacking, is there a chance for it coming with 11.0 if I buy one new?

google around, there are specific version of the console which guarantee you firmware below 11.0
they usually are special version with game theme

Any guides for injecting DS games into Wii u virtual console ?

I just bought a Black N3DSXL the other day and its 10.7.

yes there is a chance now
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4vv2i2/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_august_2016/

just copy paste the folders like normal wiiu game for loadiine

does "3desmume" run smoothly? i'm going through the wiki and looking at emulator, itms just gbatemp runs shit for me

pastebin

Oh cool

of course not it probably never will so don't bother with it

Alright, thanks. I'll have to try and search for one when I get the chance.

>tfw Vita

pastebin.com/raw/Gi8TVT9t

And here I thought I needed to get a GPD XD for my portable emulation needs. This is pretty nice. Even if playable backups is pretty far off, I'm pretty happy with this.

PC Engine core when?

Could it be?

>Kernel Pointers Leak
>Create Kernel Mode Thread ROP

so it is a kexploit after all

god help us

>inb4 Vita has an actual working hypervisor

How do I use ninjhax on 10.3? I can't select it in the website to get the QR code, is there another way?

>kernel pointers leak

just use browserhax

I just bought a PS4 and I'm wondering if I should hold off on updating it. Sorry if this comes across as a dumb question but checking google and gbatemp didn't give me any answers.

what version?

Explain this to me in retard terms

I have a CFW O3DS and I want to transfer my NNID and legit games to a CFW N3DS, would it be better if I backed up all the save data and system transferred before or after I start the process of getting CFW on the N3DS?

reverse engineering HENkaku

Looks like it's making a kernel mode process thread.

Calling it now, henkaku ditches the scene in a butthurt fueled falme of glory

If you type in "hack informer playstation guide" on google you should find an answer to that

Molecule wants this.
yifan.lu/2016/08/05/henkaku-koth-challenge/

How would a retard know what a reverse flux process is?

What version of Popful Mail is that, Sega CD or SNES?

Assuming this pastebin isn't just an RPing script kiddie:

rumours about HENkaku utilising a kernel mode exploit seem to be founded

so if HENkaku is successfully reverse engineered, a backup loader could be written

I just bought a PS4 and was wondering if there is any point in waiting before I update. I read the op and checked google but couldn't really find any information. If I've missed something obvious than feel free to yell obscenities at me.

stop double posting is the first step

Sega CD

Could this ever lead to fixing Sony's cat mouse game of updates?

what's your firmware version?

Shiiiieeeeet how's it run? I've been thinking of playing Lunar lately.

Once a kernel exploit is public we should be able to decrypt firmware and find other exploits much more easily. So finding exploits in new firmwares becomes easier.

Good question! I bought it literally today and haven't plugged it in since I don't know if an update is going to be forced on me

Kernal...

Try turning it on without it plugged into or wirelessly connected to the internet you fucking baka

don't connect it to the internet or put in a game disc and check

if you're under 1.76 it could be worth not updating

In Popful Mail'system case, although there's a slight slowdown at the sega boot screen, it runs the game great, cutscenes and all.

Lunar runs like a dream.

>XD
fuck off

Final question, which emulator is this? Genesis Plus GX, PicoDrive or something else?

Genesis Plus GX on the latest RA nightly.

> could be
if there is nothing known to be in the works then I might just update and start playing games one it.

Listen here you insufferable cunt, you came to this general for answers. You ask a question, you do what we ask, you report back. Give the fucking firmware version and we'll tell you if you're positively fucked or not.

Snake, you need to find Hal Emmerich. He is the key to figuring out how to break the code.

Link to the collection? Is it the Russian one?

gateway-3ds.com/682/
One of the feature votes is Video Capture

Take a ritalin

How do I launch Decrypt9WIP through Homebrew?

I put the .3dsx and .smdh files into /3ds/Decrypt9WIP according to the Readme.
It shows up in the Homebrew menu but it just goes back to Homebrew when I tried to launch Decrypt9WIP.

>gatewayshills are still at it
wew lad

use homebrew on 9.2 sysNAND
won't work on updated emuNAND
it won't work on a9lh homebrew too, use the a9lh payload version for that

I mean, if GW really figures out a cross platform solution for Video streaming, that would probably increase our chances of someone reverse engineering what NTR did

Got it.
Thanks m8.

Can I inject romhacks into 3DS? I want to play this handheld.
www.theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/megadrive/sonic-classic-heroes-hack-2/

What I think NTR was doing was just taking rapid screenshots and quickly compressing/sending the bit data to your pc and then reinterpreting it back into images.

You can already take screenshots at any time with the homebrew menu using the home key and you can use something like HANS or any other homebrew which launches into a game to take screenshots while ingame.

I took a look at it a while ago and the entire thing is tied into ninjahax itself as a rop assembly function which takes the snapshot and writes it to the sd. I'm assuming writing the image to the sd is what causes the screenshot function to lag. What BootNTR did and this is only an assumption because no one has it's source code, is basically build on top of/alter ninjahax's source code and remove the SD saving portion and instead compresses/sends it wirelessly which doesn't take up as much hardware processes power as saving does. It might also explain why streaming is only available on the n3ds because it need the extra processing power to compress and send.

Also this is probably why cell9 was such a tightass about bootntr not working on fw 11+

If he was using ninjahax as a base, at that time you couldn't use an easier primary exploit and exploits through games were just barely being released.

Is there a list of games I should not play on PS3 using cfw under any circumstances?
Like GTA and COD for example

It's every DS rom ever.

Just google DS romset

wait, ntr cfw not working on a9lh fw 11+?
im doing the al9h upgrade right now and that would suck since some of the games i play need ntr for jap dlc

Where did you find this?

If I have a CFW and flashcart, can I run translation-patched ROMs?

Yes

Wasn't there a video grabber over USB on the PSP? How did this one work?

wololo.net/2016/08/06/henkaku-yifanlu-releases-files-offline-hosting-officially-challenges-hackers-reverse-explain-exploit/#comment-3544878

Is there any current cheap device or console that can be modded so it can emulate ps1 as good as the real hardware at the very least?

I do have a ps1 and a shitton of games on CDs but I'm not going out to try to find like 30 memory cards. I think PS3 does this but is there anything cheaper (and more attainable since I think it requires CFW)?

PSP
In a few months the Vita will as well.

Android/Windows tablets I think?

Hmm.
Why didn't I think of this?

The issue I have is memory. Did anyone ever try 64gb?

What app do I use to hack Pokemon events in X/Y/ORAS? I want to get a Hoopla that looks legitimate because I missed the event.

android tablets off amazon can cost around £35, they do the job.
They're not bad for the price really, mostly a13 boards in em.

Works only with cfw

240GB has been tested IIRC.

Oh that's fine. I will use cfw on it anyways.

Time to buy that. I have my PSP somewhere just gathering dust.

>In a few months the Vita will as well.

If things really kick off the TV model woll be a great $30 emulation box.

Reminder that 6.61 ME 2.3 + cIPL/Infinity is GOAT