'07 Porsche Cayman S

What does Veeky Forums think of this car? Seems like you can find them used with decent miles between $20-25k. Are they known to be unreliable, or is it just expensive parts?

Worth having with no place to garage it? (thieves, weather...)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BNi3HA9dgr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's basically a BRZ if it wasn't shit.

Porsche parts and expensive labor. Just keep money for unexpected repairs, they're fairly reliable as far as I know. Can't get much better for your money in my opinion. Security is fine, nothing will happen unless you live in the ghetto.

OP here. One thing I've noticed when shopping around is it's unusually difficult to find:

>A.
1-owner only
>B.
Accident free

I even expanded my search radius to 500 miles, and still, the majority have been in accidents. Ridiculous...

>Just keep money for unexpected repairs
This is the biggest concern with German cars. I wouldn't buy one unless I was able to make maybe 80% down payment. Some random $2k repair will pop up and you'll be completely boned with your $500/mo car payments.

>It's basically a BRZ if it was twice as expensive

No shit sherlock.

People are actually buying brand new BRZ's for $25k or more when they could have a reasonably used Porsche Cayman S for similar price.
>lllllllol

A $25K used Porsche costs as much to maintain as it did when it was $80k, and will need more of it being used.

So if I need a cheap ass beater, and I do... I'm buying a new BRZ for 23K out the door.

Why not just ask the people in the Porsche general? They have Cayman and Boxster owners

>So if I need a cheap ass beater
If that's what you're looking for I suppose...

I'll take the nice car.

>implying anyone on here can afford a porche

Porsches aren't that expensive, and they have people with cars like a 356 and a 911 Turbo

Or I spent 25k on a car with 44 miles on the odo, less than half the maintainence costs, and a warranty instead of buying a 7 year old Porsche so I could be a baller on a budget.

>being a baller on a budget
>with a Cayman when you can buy a 911 for the same price
Dude...

>356 replica

ftfy

Nah it's real, he's probably the oldest guy and bought the car before most of the people here were born

I was about to buy one of these some years ago, I ended up buying a Carrera S of the same year.

It's an extremely reliable car. Just be sure to warm it up properly.
When you go to see it, check the exhaust when it's cold.
It hasn't cost much to maintain. Other than oil and tire changes and yearly servicing (£420), for the years I've had it, it has been flawless.

Yeah but to get the same price for a sub 100k mile 911 that isn't beat to fuck you're going back another 3-5 years at least.

But whatever enjoy your 10 year old with cloudy headlights.

>he doesn't know how to maintain a car
>he doesn't even know how to clean up headlights
Kill yourself

>Carrera S of the same year
Can you let a Porsche noob know how this differs from the Cayman S? What swayed you towards this?

It costs twice as much and has a bigger engine in the wrong place and 2 useless back seats

Hey now those back seats have more room than an audi TT!

>2 useless back seats
fold rear seats down, have place to shove shit in the back.

You mean like the rear hatch for the Cayman?

>have place to shove shit in the back
I will be mature. I am a grown man.

And I know for a fact you can fit a couple cases of 40's in the front trunk of a Cayman/Boxster!

The most practical sportscar I have ever owned
>dad asks me to pick up cases of booze for a party
>Take my SUV!
>nah I got this

Just need a roof rack and I can make Ikea runs. Install a tow hitch and I can tow light trailers

I am notI'll tell you what swayed me.
In the UK, the Carrera S was only £10k more and it was heaps faster. 355HP vs 295HP.

Not only that, but the Carrera S was better equipped with the Porsche Sports exhaust, Porsche Communication Module, Bose system and bigger brakes.

That being said, the prices that the Caymans are at now, I'd buy one! It's a great deal.

If you're torn between the 996 and the Cayman S, go for the Cayman S.

Yeah in the US a 997 is like double the cost of a 987S

Get the Cayman S, you wont regret it.
youtu.be/BNi3HA9dgr4

Question... How big are the Cayman's two trunks? Can a modest, carry-on suitcase fit?

Even more, and this is just the back. The frunk is really deep

Goddamn. I could literally move cross-country in that thing. I'm someone of a minimalist as far as material possessions go.

I rented one when I was in Europe for two weeks. I'm convinced that car is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It's some powerful black magic at work.

Cayman confirmed to vehicle of choice for Time Lords