/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #529 - Best Bot Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

THIS QUEUE FOR MIKE HASN'T MOVED AT ALL

>Summer of Sonic using VLC player

I hate waking up early

Fuck it, Jam with Jun looks to be starting in a bit

This. I just got here and I'm still booting up everything. What did I miss so far?

eh not much from the looks of it, I posted last thread but left for the rest of it so you may want to skim through it a bit

How's the steam audio for this, sounds great live

it's pretty good

Is there a stream going on or what?

Yes! on twitch only unfortunately. /thesonicshow.

Station Square

>No buzzing
What a rip-off.
This is pretty comfy honestly.

That's really cool!

Hey, pretty cool that they have several different cameras. Also a ton of people seems to be at the other events.

No he was not, this is a good(?) Development.

Shadow time!

Being here is like staring into a black mirror of where I could be in ten years if I make all the wrong choices. Mania was pretty cool though. Unfortunately even though I played Studiopolis, I could hear Green Hill Zone on a loop, like it was playing in another window. Hoping my disapproved face during buzzbombers will become a meme.

Yeah I heard double audio too it was weird.
Also yes, some of the people walking around scare me.

I love Jun so much.

>the garbage generations version
Jun pls

I need a dispenser over here

>Not liking all the versions

Goddamn, that was hype

Now to get some signatures

Holy fuck yeah! Thank you so much user and hesse

I don't even know where the queue starts anymore

ALL HAIL SHADOW

Mike signing is over. Turned into crush 40 queue. Hopefully I can grab Mike later

>best version of dreams of an absolution
Nice.

I'm chilling in the foyer for now. Is it still bending around the hall? Damn, I really want some Crush 40 sigs

I'm near the front, black Eggman shirt, white overshirt, big nose. Maybe you can hop in with me

>Aaron (or someone from the Sonic social media team)
Have you seen Gene's bant on his twitter? Pretty fucking amazing. Also, guy uses meme arrows everywhere.

In any case, someone there gave us a couple namedrops which surprises me to no end knowing this place.

How do you think the Q&A will go?

>"When's SA3"
>"We released Sonic Advance 3 on the GBA years ago"

Awkwardly

>So, Naka, would you like to see Super Tails and Super Knuckles again?
>"Yeah could be fun haha"
>Iizuka glares intensely

But no serious, I have no idea what they'll ask here they haven't already asked again and again.

isn't abt Evan Stanley or did i misunderstand?

Likewise! It wasn't even subtle or hidden either.

I feel it will not be anywhere near as fun without the meme man. I wonder what he's doing right now.

>all these weebs and nerds talking about the series in full detail
>never met another person IRL like these
I'm home

I want this to happen now.

Get some numbers, plan to meet out more often, c'mon user, you can do this, go out there and get some autistic Sonic friends.

We could get an update on chao, I guess.

abt = Adam Bryce Thomas

They were asking for questions to ask on the SoS webpage. Most of them were pretty decent.

That Sonic Mania trailer gives me the chills every time. The music is perfect.

Fuck that

Just had a look. The queue is mixing into the classic games section. Not even gonna bother with that mess.

Welp, might as well wander around and awkwardly ask for some cosplay pics.

Iizuka is a producer on Sonic Mania?

Well If you see me just hop on, I'll say I was saving you a spot

>He knows full well that these are the people that post about Sonic and Digimon crossovers on his Facebook timeline

I didn't get what he said.

Why did everyone leave

>check out his DA
>he draws for us for free just because he likes us

We love ya abt.

They announced a CRT filter option. Bit awkward, though.

Can't quite find ya

Too bad it wasn't really news to us since Taxman already mentioned it. I guess at least we got an image of it?

Just back from the stage in the queue, almost at front

>iizuka likes chili dogs

Wow it went offline

>DO YOU RIKE SONIC?

Welp, can't have a Sonic stream without FUCKING UP
I wanted to hear those answers.

That's some unfortunate timing.

There's really long awkward pauses

Iizuka is cute

Naka please, that poor translator.

Why is Naka even here? Didn't he leave Sonic for that Roda game with his own company? Or did it flop so hard he came back with his tail between his legs? Someone ask him if they would ever put in a physical NiGHTs cameo with him actually interacting with Sonic.

HOLY FUCK, JUN JUST CAME OUTTA NOWHERE RIGHT NEXT TO ME AND TOOK A PIC WITH THESE TWO GUYS

Oh man, I couldn't think he would remember any of that, or gave him any importance back then. What's he going to say?

I hope you got a pic too.

Couldn't bring myself to alert him. He quickly hurried back to the signings.

Fuck, I want to die.

He left during 06's development, but seems to come around for anniversaries.

If you walk down the left of the queue towards stage you'll walk right past me, just a heads up

i have to go soon. is the stream recorded somewhere now that the youtube stream is kill?

It's shit like Sky Chase that reminds me Sega never tested sonic adventure on their console before release

Twitch should automatically be recording it.

>Iizuka was worried about how Sonic Mania would be received and was surprised by the positive response
Hope for a sequel assuming Mania is good.

They made a new queue for naka on the left

That Iizuka thought Mania would be poorly received is proof the man hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing

>"it seems like a good idea when we're drunk at least"

>naka and oshima want to maybe work on Sonic again
That'd be neat.

He lives all the way in japan and speak very little English. So he wouldn't hear the bitching for a game like this.

i was gonna say the same thing, it really shows how disconnected they are from their audience

I dunno how often he reads english responses to various Sonic things, but he was probably concerned based on how Sonic 4 went.

I'd imagine so, Naka fucking failed with his ambitions and needs income and Oshima has done absolutely nothing since he left Sonic. But why take them back now?

> I dunno how often he reads english responses to various Sonic things

Well given that no-one in Japan likes sonic and all his sales are to gaijin children who want to go fast and gaijin manchildren like myself who want to remember going fast, you would think having someone translate this feedback to him would be a pretty fucking important part of his job.
If it ISN'T, then what the fuck is Sega paying him for?

Aye, I see ya. I was a bit ahead nearer to the stage. Really packed down here now

I hate how they never reply anything even remotely specific, not even for question about their experiences and how they lived previous events,

>But why take them back now?
Name recognition.

I imagine some fans would be happy if they came back too.

In main queue now sorry user, hope you got in the fresh naka queue, I assume that's what that is anyway

No worries. Thanks for the offer anyways

That's a lot shit to translate. Good thing they have the MemeMan now to tell them what is popular.

Oh shit what are they gonna do

I'm sure he's seen the responses to the ports, otherwise Mania never would've happened. I think it's just nerves from Sonic 4 response and going full classic.

250 millon downloads already? I thought it was 200 not long ago at all. How does it keep getting more?

What is even happening?

how the hell did /sthg/ get to a new thread so fa-
>SoS
oh yeah, forgot about that

They wanted everyone to play Sonic Jump at the same time and then pick winners for prizes according to their scores, but... nobody has played Sonic Jump actually.

B-but this isn't fast at all.

Oh god no, that fucking shirt, I'm gonna die on the spot

>tfw Murrican
>tfw poor
>tfw will probably grow out of Sonic before I am rich enough to travel to England