/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 6th:
1806 – Francis II, the last Holy Roman Emperor, abdicates, ending the Holy Roman Empire
1825 – Bolivia gains independence from Spain.
1870 – Franco-Prussian War: The Battle of Wörth results in a decisive Prussian victory
1914 – World War I: Serbia declares war on Germany; Austria declares war on Russia
1940 – Estonia was illegally annexed by the Soviet Union
1945 – World War II: Hiroshima, Japan, is devastated when the atomic bomb "Little Boy" is dropped by the United States B-29 Enola Gay. Around 70,000 people are killed instantly, and some tens of thousands die in subsequent years from burns and radiation poisoning

>News
EU4 DD04/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/

CK2 DD 17: Crusader Cats
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-17-crusader-cats.960813/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philhellenism
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/150777372/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Don't let xX_[FiM]twilie_lover01_[MLP]_Xx forget

HOLY SHIT
My sides

Kek

HPM FIX BERLIN CONFERENCE ALREADY

>you will never blob IRL

whats wrong with it?

No Eastern Rumelia

eu4 is burying me in level 2 and 3 advisors and my economy wasn't made for this

EUII is making me save before every single battle.

How can I make my pops move to non core states so I can make them cores

Use the immigration NF

>But what would be the effect then

Well first all the nationalism thing - Balkan people werent really working towards independence because of nationalism - they were systematically being taxed and oppressed to death by local goverments.

First Serbian Uprising was a local revolt on Janissaries that made its area a petty kingdom.
Wallachian uprising started because local dynasty changed and Ottomans refused to acknowledge new one

Greeks were Ottoman trade hub and due to its history Europeans supported nationalism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philhellenism
Also Balkans had local bandit issues and these bandits progressed from local ruffians to local warlords to independence fighters.

Why did Egypt rebel in 1831?
Because Muhammad Ali lent his fleets to Ottomans during Greek uprising and Ottoman refused to pay him what they owed him later.

Point is - main reason Balkan rebelled was because it was opressed with Jizya tax and religious issues. If they had guaranteed rights, religious security and food 80-90% of population would calm down and go on with it.

On the other hand Muslims were pissed because Tanzimat gave rights to everyone and transferred game into secular one.

So basically - Tanzimat reforms should regionally incorporate different cultures into Ottoman empire - i presented you with a simple way to do it.

Militancy penalty for more and more nationalities given rights represents local muslim/independence resentment

You could also limit reforms based on liberals- more liberal Ottomans the more they can reform the Empire.

Not HPM, but could you collapse your post a bit next time? Too many line breaks ironically makes the post harder to read.

lmao

steamgroup on the defensive now kek

you've been tormenting us for years and we finally get our revenge. how's it feel faggots?

Who the fuck was talking about Johan being based threads ago?r

I thought R&I was hyperanti steamgruppe or something?

Sorry mate i was actually afraid to condense it too much.
Will do next time.

xX_[FiM]twilie_lover01_[MLP]_Xx said he was a brony ironically and that's all a r&i conspiracy to discredit him.
The butthurt and shitstorm in the old thread led to the steamgroup reporting more than 70 posts and them they spammed the thread, tried to change the topic to hpm, meneth and reddit to damage control it.

But that's true though, I can't think of any other game or hobby which I've just spent less than 100€ on and still get thousands of hours of entertainment

Wait, I was sleeping during those hours. What exactly happened? Can anyone summarize it?

Just look at the archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/150777372/

I mean 200 hours isn't that much desu...

t. Johan

Age of Empires II
Mount and Blade
Reading webnovels which are free and are intended to be free (you need to know Japanese or Korean or Chinese though since English webnovels are rare apparently)
Modded Skyrim
Civilization IV
Sims shut up they were okay once
Total War Shogun 2, Medieval 2, Rome 1, and Attila

Ancient empires and 1212 AD out soon fellow understander of strategy.

I forget, are there nigger factions in 1212 AD?

Why did i lost? I had more morale, better general, more troops and no crossing penalty.
Why rebels get discipline bonus from my advisor?
EU4 combat makes no sense.

First off, what mod is this?
Second, dicerolls and MAYBE their troop types are better.

maybe some ethiopians or other berbers.
>tfw no glorious orthodox restoration with the based axumbros.

Alright, so one thing I set as a goal is to have 2 full armies ready to go by the war's onset. I have achieved this - each army has 3 infantry corps and 2 armored corps (1 light, 1 medium). Now, this second army that's currently waiting in Normandy doesn't have a defined goal right now.

It could bolster my forces in the lowlands, it could attempt to make progress in Rhineland out of the Maginot, it could donate a corp to defensive operations in Norway, or it could try to start an offensive on the Italian front.

There really is no need for them anywhere, as I already have all my fronts locked up from a defensive standpoint - the Maginot is held by 2 divisions per province plus 4 in Luxembourg, the Alps are held by 3 divisions on the four border provinces, and the lowlands have enough men allocated to them to put a whole corp on each province, all before allocating this army.

I will earmark most or all of my bombers to this army when I decide where it should go (except in the case of Norway), and split the fighters between covering those bombers and doing what I can to blunt German air operations in the lowlands and along the Maginot.

>nigger

Damn you're one cool kid dude!

Epic, but the fact of the matter is simply that the Aksum faction in Fall of the Eagles is simply so trash that I find them amusing seeing as they are literal niggers with spears and can be defeated with a fifth of their numbers and 25 times less losses.

they didn't work on the slavs, celts or eastern empires yet.

Extended timeline. My troops were actually better.
Dice rolls are fuckind retarded

Pretty sure they revamped the Eastern Empires already, but I know they didn't work on Celts, Nords, or Slavs yet

They're jews, they bribed RNG

>HOI3
Get with the times, Grandpa

Get off my lawn

How come no one posts hoi4 stuff in here? that game is pretty solid when played in mp

>How come no one posts hoi4 stuff in here?
Because we generally believe it to be trash.

No Slavs, No Muslims. It's a pretty good world.

How come? I do know about it being more simple than hoi3 and having trash ai. But iparadox is known for releasing games in a shitty state dont they?

Just give me a single reason why I would play it over DH or HoI3

Stop posting hoi4 and post more ponies please

t. wilie

>it's a pretty good world
>that nonsensical map
>good
>"no slavs no muslims, as if he'd killed them all"
Goy4 fans everyone.

>How come
Peace conferences are bullshit.
Army Mana has reasonable conceptual backing but is implemented worse than trash
Political mana and national focii are disgusting and in every way worse than decisions, especially the way the AI handles them
Air wing missions are foolishly implemented and have a large number of issues, not least being unable to specifically tell someone where to attack instead of "north france"
Nukes do nothing to a city it hits
Naval combat is, as usual, shit
World Tension is trash especially how it's implemented and how peace raises it for some fucking reason
There is no such thing as a peace before annihilation
Now where are the reasons I shouldn't just play DH or Hoy 3?

>But iparadox is known for releasing games in a shitty state dont they?
Then why play it while it's shitty?

bumping more pics, this one is related to most intense multiplayer game i had with axis declaring war on my on 1.1.39. axis did coup me with 50% facism cosing my romanian army to get encicled instantly. somehow managed to stop them before moscau/leningrad/stalingrad fighting of troops from germany/russia/italy/romainia/hungary/japan/turkey. Early 42 Germany got invaded by the allies ending the game.

>Trying this hard

You can play multiplayer games every day as a casuall without having to look for a good group

Not saying that the things youve listed arent right, but imho its not that bad

Is this some new form of shitposting? Please go away and take your tablet game with you

I can pretend, ya salty cunt.
It's not like we're gonna get an ethnic cleansing DLC with swede developers.

It's literally in the OP image, fuck off.

>You can play multiplayer games every day as a casual without having to look for a good group
This isn't a positive, playing multiplayer with randoms leads to bullshit and incompetency. Also it's a singleplayer game, why should I be forced to judge it on multiplayer merits (which is STILL lacks for the reasons I gave)

Stellaris has it and it's completely infeasible.

pls buy hoi4

Stellaris can't be politically incorrect. It's aliems, nobody is going to throw a fit because you killed the dog aliens on blorg 9, unlike if you gassed all the kikes in Germany.

>It's aliems, nobody is going to throw a fit because you killed the dog aliens on blorg 9
I bet people do desu

Different fag here. I haven't played any of the HoI series so can you tell me in terms I'd understand why 3 is better than 4?

how do I into glorious nipponese emprah in HPM?

Click pop-ups until you are GP.

#AlienLivesMatter

>gassed all the kikes
Edgy af m8

>outindustrialized by fucking slavs
I feel sick to my stomach

I want to pirate the plant shekel pack because fuck Jewhan. Does anyone got an archive

That's a bit hard, but let's go with "it usually makes more sense and feels much less artificial".
For example, to remilitarize the Rhineland it a national focus, not a decision - this means you have 70 days of waiting. Doesn't sound too bad right? But after you declare on France, you need to wait 70 days until you can actually go through the Low Countries, meaning you're sitting stock still until then.
As another example, there is no way to tell bombers to kill the planes in London on the ground or a way to target a specific fortification where you'll be landing troops. Nope, you can only target entire regions now.
Then you have the idiotic 50% attack buff that 'plans' get. It doesn't matter if you've already thought of a plan, you have to draw it down and assign troops to it to get that buff.

Is it? Is it really?

ottomen, polaks, and south germans forming a coalition against a member of the hre because they took provinces from poland
>believable worlds

You are now aware of your obligation to purchase Stellaris.

You won't mind control me so easily jewhan

No, I bought Stellaris because it looked like something I'd enjoy. And I do. Now go release your overpriced DLC to make it better. Plant pictures don't fucking count.

Out of curiosity, why do the Ottomans not have cores, or at least decisions to regain cores, on Greece and Serbia like they do with Wallachia, Moldavia, Montenegro, and Tunis?

While /gsg/ might like the Ottoman Empire, Greece and Serbia only got independence in the 1830s (Greece got theirs 6 years before the game start, Serbia was not acknowledged by the Ottomans until several years into the Victorian era) after centuries of Ottoman rule. For the sake of consistency, would it not make sense for the Ottomans to regain cores (for high infamy) on their (at that point) recently lost territories? Just curious to see what others think on the matter.

Buy HoI4 Y/N?

No its not even worth pirating

What the fuck is a manmonth? An extinct species of elephant?

Is HPM still here?

I think I follow you, thanks user.
That bad, huh?

Man-month, so months of work multiplied by men hired.

*unironically kills self*

Will genociding pops in Alex Grandi's Anti-Iberian Defence Force Mod make their provinces more attractive immigrate to once the life rating modifier runs out?

Should I create Yugoslavia? As much as it would largely clean up the Balkans, it would mean handing over Bosnia without which Austria-Hungary looks shite. What do?

t. xX_[FiM]twilie_lover01_[MLP]_Xx

Alright, can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success? It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from all the archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour, and also much easier to get into then HoI3. Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3? Not to mention that, rather than needing to tediously micromanage industry like in other HoI games, HoI4's industry is both streamlined as well as more intuitive than the previous games. Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point? Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start? Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success. Sure, Mosley ruling Britain never could have happened in reality, but it's fun to have the ability to easily do so in video game form.

t. Grandiquor Corps colonel

Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics. Of COURSE the game is different - HoI3 already exists, there would be no point to making the same game again! HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.

TTALEX

Reminder that there's absolutely nothing wrong with immigration from East Asian countries.

Back to you go.

Always create based Yugoslavia.

>can we put the memes aside for a moment
Never. GTFO.

>someone actually took the time to write this copypasta
wew...

really makes you think

me on the left

Reminder to ignore and report.

Dude I freaking love grand strategy

*tips menorah*

>archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour
Such as?

>Play as France

>Sphere Switzerland

>They keep offering me alliances, and instantly breaking them causing my relations to stay below 100

Please... Not this way....

Disgusting.

You can't pause by pushing the space bar