Road Rage

Why is road rage so bad?
How do you prevent getting in a road rage incident?

I try to stay very calm on the road, I drive in crazy Miami where everyone has a gun and drives like an asshole. If I drive too passively, however, I'll just get cut off the whole trip. Too aggressively and some spic will just drive into me rather than hit the brakes.

Where is the balance, Veeky Forums?

Link to video of the fat piggy in a road rage fight:
>youtube.com/watch?v=tU8vp4Jnijw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hk-c5jlk48s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because deep inside, these people are frustrated at how their lives have turned out, and let it out on anybody that gives them an excuse to

There seems to also be some psychology at play where once behind the wheel of a heavy automobile one feels "safer" and "stronger"

>Getting road rage

People do this? I get mad at shitty drivers but i dont fucking act like a child and cut them off or try and fight them or something. Im more worried about other people acting retarded and messing up my car..

also
Seems true, almost everybody i see that drives a lifted truck drives like an asshole.

don't be one of those silly cunts who thinks they are going to 'win' at traffic

i think it's legit that they are in a game world where going faster and getting in front of you means they won

I read a study a few years back
it found that people get personal space issues when they are in a car
like they treat the car as an extension of that and they get uncomfortable when other cars are close

>everybody i see that drives a lifted truck drives like an asshole.
they are just mad about their small penis

That's an interesting way to look at it. I like it.

>oh shit im stuck in traffic
>lol lets start yelling at these people. it will fix everything

>oh shit these people are yelling at me.
>I'll kick their car. That will fix everything

>oh shit these people kicked my car.
>lets swing my arms at them. That will fix everything.

>oh shit these people hit me
>I'll ram them and drive off. That will fix everything.
Fucking unstable pricks can't handle their emotions so they escalate stupid situations and end up making everybody's day worse.

>Why is road rage so bad?
American mentality of permanent competition, getting used to blaming everything on everyone else, and trying to hold back aggression in daily life. Never witnessed such things here in Germany.

Except for BMW drivers, for whom there is no cure.

youtu.be/hk-c5jlk48s

People will never learn

It's so bad because it often escalates to the point where people get assaulted or killed because of it.

>How do you prevent getting in a road rage incident?
First of all, don't drive like an idiot. Second, if you make a mistake own up to it and apologize as best you can if the other driver is pissed. If somebody else fucks up try not to get mad about it and just let it go. If they're continuing to be really stupid put distance between them and yourself or find a different route to your destination altogether. If someone is being exceptionally aggressive, following you, and not letting up, do not stop. Keep driving and try to stay in a very public area. Call 911 and let the cops deal with it.

Obviously if you stopped and are in a confrontation then use whatever means you have to defend yourself but try not to even let it get to that point.

>they get uncomfortable when other cars are close

lol in my country we cut eachother up all day long and when we pass eachother or thread through a gap we have only inches to spare.

I don't even bat an eye when I meet upon someone overtaking around a blind corner and there is little room to spare. It just feels so regular. I actually get annoyed when my passengers start to freak out and try to reach for my horn or start pushing the back of the chair and I get more annoyed at them than anything else.

Just shut up and look at the scenery and I'll worry about escape routes.

Maybe because cars cost thousands per year at the very least? Maybe because they are pretty much a mandatory tool to survive in a first world country?

Move to Canada.

Very peace. Much safe.

Lmao that woman antagonized them so hard. The husband was trying leave and she just kept at it then cried like a whale when they fought
>hicks

>Where is the balance, Veeky Forums?
Don't live in a 3rd world shithole and you'll be fine

Not with your new prime minister importing sand people.

>American mentality of permanent competition

The worst part is when they try to live vicariously through their kids. Just because I am Veeky Forums due to the fact that my business is still small and I do a good chunk of physical work myself I keep getting my clients asking me what sports I do or how much time I spend in the gym. And when I tell them none they for some reason switch to their wife's son's involvment in hockey or the speed of his fast ball, how many miles he rides a day in his bike team and millions of other ridiculous sports that have never seen light in my country and I frankly don't give a fuck about but they feel I need to know about for some reason. I don't hire athletes because they always get injured on site and they have special snowflake routines that hold up my show.

right? that shit was entirely her fault

This, these are large heavy and expensive pieces of machinery

>Seems true, almost everybody i see that drives a lifted truck drives like an asshole.
incorrect, most people who drive trucks, lifted or not, only drive them for "road presence" aka as a big ass buffer zone because they don't actually want to learn to drive properly

If you're dependent on a car it's not a first world country.

I have never experienced actual road rage. My wife, mom and sister have all experienced it and the raging person was a male. Wife actually had someone drive beside her on the interstate window down giving the finger and screaming. It went on for about 5min.

I dunno man. If someone did that to me the urge to wreck them would be so over powering I don't know if I could stop it.

"I feared for my life officer, I thought he had a gun, I was under such duress I lost control and crashed into him"

Wonder if that would work.

What are your stats?

A sling of cement sacks off the truck in 1 minute.

>>Seems true, almost everybody i see that drives a lifted truck drives like an asshole.
>incorrect, most people who drive trucks, lifted or not, only drive them for "road presence" aka as a big ass buffer zone because they don't actually want to learn to drive properly
>incorrect

But surely by saying that they don't want to learn, that makes them an asshole?

Bong here, white van men are the closest equivalent to pick ups.

Because some people, mostly Americans, can't control their emotions.

By not driving like a shithead?

>why is road rage so bad
Anger makes people do stupid things, it doesn't help you're in a big metal box that moves at high speed

>how do prevent road rage incidents
Don't get mad, I don't have any advice because I naturally just don't get angry. Also to prevent OTHER people from getting mad, try to refrain from flipping somebody off or things that generally make people upset.

Irrational anger and violence combined is never going to end in a good result on the side of the road.

Stay in your vehicle with the windows up and the doors locked. If someone steps out of their vehicle and threatens you call the police. If they break your window and attempt to harm you, shoot them.

I've had lots of people swear at me, flip me off, try to follow me, but I've never let anything escalate beyond that point. Petty anger isn't worth the trouble of filing a police report. I carry a gun daily, and I'm not going to get into a fist fight like some underevolved pavement ape, or short tempered high school student idiot. Adults have to deal with adult consequences, and if everyone remembered that there would likely be far less road rage.

I don't think they feel safe or strong. I'd say it seems to be the exact opposite. I think they feel much more vulnerable which compels them to lash out. Anything they perceive as a threat, something that slows them down, thats something they have to attack to protect themselves.

lol dat "fighting"
lol @ acting like a Hyundai is a luxury car

Try it and report back with the results

Send all four of them to jail. That shit is unacceptable.

Should have wasted those niggers

>underevolved pavement ape
kek

more like, shouldve manned the harpoons and taken that land whale down. Sheeet.

> overtaking on a blind corner

that isn't cool, it's just a way to get yourself and other people killed

Why do you think it's not okay to get mad at someone potentially causing thousands worth of damage?

I got cut up in my Supra last Wednesday, It's my favourite care, but I live in England. Because it's old, it'll get written off if a bird shit hits it too hard. So when a fat paki in a basic merc cuts me off because he just had to be in front of me I'm gonna get mad. We came to a red, I got out and smacked his car up and told him to fight me. He just undone his seatbelt, then sat there looking forward clutching his steering wheel. How can I not be mad at someone willing to act tough from inside their car, when they pussy out when confronted?

>america is literally 3rd world
yeah we already knew that

I am not the one doing it. I happen upon people doing it.

I was just stating how normal it is here.

I've stopped a couple of cunts that were driving up my arse. Spat on a womans windscreen whilst screaming obscenities at her.

You need to realize that you are the one with the special snowflake attachment to your car. And you can tell by your post because your concern is not even about being injured. Just how much they'll hurt your poor metal sweetheart.

The fact that you got out your car and slapped up someone else's car shows that you just need to get a grip on reality because one day you are going to do that to the wrong guy and you are really going to regret it. Over a car.

>when passengers road rage

>that poorly thought out generalization
sorry your country is tiny

My anger dissipates quickly. I'll say "fucking idiot" or "fucking curry monkey" since it's always a stink rat but I'll never follow them or try to get a look at who they are

Today while stopping at a red light I noticed the girl with the Clio in front of me had a sticker that said "Please not so close, we don't know each other that well".

Needless to say I scooted up as much as I could.

TX and no guns wtf

Why do people care how close you pull up at a stop light anyway, if it's not on a hill?

I always pull real close, because it often lets people scoot by me to the side into turn lanes or clear the intersection behind me in heavy traffic.

felons can't have guns.

fudds can't afford much.

They are scared someone making a small mistake risked themselves having a dangerous accident. So they put themselves in more danger acting like psychos in reaction. It's the logical thing to do.

be careful how close you get. If you get rear ended you hit the person in front of you.

Yeah.

I used to think my dad was being lame when he says "Look at that guy go! He's winning!" or "We all lost, he's the winner!"
....now I do the same thing.

It's women who behave like this mostly. It seems like they can't see the big picture

How do you prevent from engaging in ANY unhealthy behavior? Just show some goddamn restraint. I assume you're either an adult or close to it?

Don't engage people when they try to initiate a confrontation. Don't even speak or look at them. No rude gestures etc.

If you're incapable of this, go see a fucking therapist.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THAT PASSED THROUGH HIGHSCHOOL WITH ALL D- AND NOW THEY OWN A SHIT HOUSE AND A SHIT CAR AND THEY ARE FUCKING STUPID AS SHIT AND ARE AMONG US DRIVING AND OPERATING THINKING THEY ARNT THE SELF DESTRUCTIVE FUCKS THEY ARE

As long as you stay far, far away from Toronstan

Look at this guy. He's like Veeky Forums raging. Sitting at his computer, foaming at the mouth, just like the drivers.

If this guy could honk at this thread, he would be.

Stupid topics have that effect on me.

He seems pretty level headed, what are you talking about?

>If this guy could honk at this thread, he would

apex kek

That landwhale basically provoked the whole situation, her husband (I assume) was a complete dumbshit for kicking their car but still:
>Two coloureds beating up one guy.
>Guy just sitting in his car filming instead of intervening.

oh, yeah i misread you. nvm

Thought that was trigglypuff for a second.
>recording in portrait
reee

What's the fate of those two? The nogs took chase and I don't think the truck took out his radiator.

That's awesome. I always thought road rage was a relatively new phenomenon.
Thanks for the historical clip.

Manage your space. Stay away from shitty drivers. Don't antagonize shitty drivers.

fuck off, he's right.

when someone does that to your beloved car, of course you'll get mad.

what tires are you running? i'm curious about a staggered setup for mine.

Kek
Look at this internet tough guy.
> getting involved with wild niggers that has nothing to do with you
It's like you have a death wish

This. I try to leave myself a "bubble", anticipate others' future moves and cover my brake/clutch pedal.

I had those good habits when I started riding and it's def gotten me out of close calls at the very least.

I used my horn today and yelled "Stop doing that!"

We had been in traffic for half an hour, trying to use the exit ramp which has a traffic light at the end of it. Cars were lined up for probably a half mile behind us, and of course, some vehicles were bypassing that line and would try to swerve into the stopped traffic on the exit at the last second.

We counter this behavior by staying tight to the car in front of you and not leaving space.

Somehow they sensed the car in front of me was weak and constantly cut in front of it. After it had let not only multiple cars but also a goddamn city bus in (meaning none of us had moved at all) I couldn't take it anymore.

After the outburst which I do kinda feel bad about, they stopped letting people in, and by the grace of God we were able to continue creeping towards the exit.

I miss the prairies sometimes. Not the winters or mosquitoes but the people. Living near vancouver is such a stressful life.
>road rage every day
>nearly get killed any time on motorcycle
>5 cars tailgating each other while every driver is on their phones
>everyone is so god damn smug
>No one friendly or willing to help with anything
Fuck this place I wanna go home. Sold my house and can't even afford an appartment.

The closest I came to a "road rage" incident was at a 4 way stop, when another man thought that he didn't have a sign or something. Honked at me when I turned, followed me into the parking lot as I parked and started to get out of his car.

He got back in when he saw 4 guys get out of my truck though.

Also the car dudes were in the right there man. Argument is over, everyone get's back into their vehicles other then truck girl, who keeps going. Car dude tosses his coffee(?) at her, car dude get's back out of vehicle and then damages car. Car dudes get out and fight him till he's down, then back off. Then truck dude fucking RAMs them.
There is no court that is going to side with truck dude. He's gonna have to pay for the damages, and likely have to take an anger management course as well.

>I used my horn today
>I felt bad about it.

Don't ever go to the West Indies. You will leave with PTSD.

>horns all day everyday.

So murrican it's disgusting

>fat ugly asshole
>landwhale destroying pavement
>niggers
>ugly boring cars
>assholes always filming

>driving along
>suddenly some chink comes up next to me honking and yelling out the window
>just look at her because i dont know what the fuck she wants
>she speeds off
>mum reaches over to honk the horn