/ovg/ - Only 4.99€ edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

periscope.tv/w/1jMJglazBPOxL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>AC

>rF is old as fuck
>AC has simulation value
>rF2 is DEAD
>iR is for jews

We should host a league on NFSU2 or something.

>netcode

i vote for Race07

can I play beamNG.drive on my shitty laptop?

I don't want to race other people or simulate gridlock traffic I just want to drive around the woods

i sort of feel sorry for ISI. They built such a solid game with the most complex physics and pretty much developed everything good about rF1 and nobody fucking plays it. The dead community is the only thing stopping rF2 from being 10/10

Last time I played AC was a year ago, how much has it advanced?

Remember when Veeky Forums would shit around in Forza?
When did everything get so serious and drama-filled?
I'd love to race with you guys but I feel like I wouldn't be competitive in a proper sim game because I don't have a wheel and am fucking awful at tuning. FM6's tune sharing features are a godsend.

And FM6 automatically ghosts people who try to drive backwards so no more funny business from ebin troles.

the deadness of their game is mostly their own fault

>no decent graphics
>no road cars as official content

>expensive compared to AC
>not steam friendly like AC
>lack of shit
>not enough mods because of age and lack of interest
>no content for just driving around

Biggest issue imo is not the "seriousness" but rather lack of consistent server place, and lack of a common platform to fuck around.
AC has shit netcode, rF is old and relies on mods which might or not work with all, not everyone has iRacing sub, etc.

>You're not allowed to use this skin because it doesn't look like a real race car.
That is pretty retarded. Have they even looked at real racecars? SuperGT has a miku car and a squid girl car, some semi-pro GT3 series in Europe has a fucking marijuana viper, plenty real life professional racing liveries are really badly done too, nearly on the order of MSPaint skins, and if we're talking dirt/clay oval racing... hoo boy. Cletus's brother (who is also his cousin and his nephew) may have a whole three good teeth in his mouth but that doesn't mean he's good at designing a wrap.

If only i could hit the touge on Forza

Friendly reminder that the OVG IndyCar server is up right now with Sebring, Homestead oval, and Homestead road course currently. No special carset mod needed. Server name is WAT: IndyCar

Expect a series to start for it in two weeks or so. Not doing any custom mods this time. If you want a custom skin, just make it on top of an existing car and do the skin upload.

How is Forza? I really don't want to upgrade to windows 10.

still no wheel support.

I remember, I was part of the main group playing Forza 3/4. A majority of us made our own group off of Veeky Forums and still play Forza 6.

>Pic related, I'm the blue Aston that's backwards

That's okay is a arcade-sim anyway, other than that how is it

i'd like to join but i have the Steam version and i am not paying for Multiplayer that i am going to play once

I play on Xbone so I can't speak for FM6: Apex.
It's fun and satisfying to play, but at times the physics are not all that realistic.
It has an actual community as well so that's a plus.
T10 seems to be moving away from focusing on monthly car packs and more toward large expansions with a bunch of cars and a track.
Though admittedly I'm still not sold on the NASCAR expansion, mostly because Homestead (the new track) is oval-only.

But, it has Daytona, unlike FM4.

Guys I think I'll start shilling iRacing because the quality of the last races I was in was over the top.

I only play on Xbox One since i got Windows 7, i find it fun, it was worth buying an Xbox One for imo.

Nah, I got a dope ass computer I'm not gonna waste money on an xbox when I could just use that same money to upgrade my comp

Fuck off James.

I really want Fujimi Kaido to come back.
With a night version.
Closest thing to toegay in the game now is Hurrdurring night.

yea it was pretty good

Cars photographed outside of Gran Turismo Sport event at the Copper Box Arena of London

2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (Aston Martin Racing) (VLN SP9)
2015 Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport WRT) (VLN SP9)
2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
2015 McLaren 650S GT3

And a video of Yamauchi eating pizza periscope.tv/w/1jMJglazBPOxL

>one stupid accident in random race
>post as webm 100000 times
>THIS GAME IS GARBAGE

Are you retarded?
That what happens when you:
-don't look at the standings table
-don't look in your mirrors
-don't have a triple-monitor setup
-are a shithead

shitheads only play with other shitheads (rating system)

>imo
i see u didnt catch that lol, he never told u to buy one

yes

>not steam friendly like AC

?????

You can't even join through the steam overlay with AC, and it doesn't have workshop support

RF2 has workshop support

If only Polyphony would add custom liveries and touges, it would make it so good

Yeah it's awesome

mega:///#!R5Q3AaDT!b3nVlmfMA847JTZLWAfyccTAxJKOa5Xt9fyx1WGVdoQ
mega:///#!QIdlhKDL!6wrZwZ24LEvuK10bTUKdsUO-iUGtzuRk2_0hBmAESJc

Dammit at least be SUBTLE.

That's what kaz said is gonna happen in GT6 that and that all customizations will be revamped and a brand new dynamic sound setting that apparently be the best sounding game to date.

Which I think is bullshit because they always over-promise shit in gran turismo

what are these links for?

And remember that every single Gran Turismo had vacuum cleaner engine sounds

IT'S PICK UP CUP. A ROOKIE "FUN SERIES"

wew lad

it's obvious he's having a giggle

Polyphony will NEVER have a livery editor because that would mean having models made for a console from this century.
Even Need for Speed has a halfway-decent livery editor now. At this point it's a basic feature, and excluding it is fucking unacceptable.

>what would you like to do with this gift?

Throw it in the fucking trash.

Japshit DLC and unlocker

Polyphony also has state-of-the-art models, stop saying stupid shit.
They resorted to bringing back models from Gran Turismo 4 and earlier because they -do not- have the manpower to keep it up with development.
EA, Turn 10 and the like all have outsourced their car modeling department, Polyphony Digital refuses to do so.

>also Kazunori Yamauchi spends his travelling to motorsport events instead of watching of development

>his time

>updating isn't automatic, you have to launch and wait for it do dl new packages before you can play
>"b-but it has an empty Steam Workshop!"

rude

The fuck is your point? It doesn't have Workshop support full stop.

based

>AC

>trying to learn how to drift in assetto corsa
>getting btfo can't do shit never get any angle, cant get the throttle control down, looking at guides etc

How do i git gud

Is Assetto Corsa worth it now? How's the online?

You drift in Live for Speed where you can feel when your oversteering too much and sucessfuly recover the slide
rFactoe 1 is another great drifting sim

Use the E30 Drift tune. It's the easiest one to learn with

>Turn in hard
>Mash throttle to 100% then roll off to ~50%
>let go of wheel
>Grab wheel once car stops rotating
>Control angle with throttle and steering from there
EZ

no
horrendous

>Is Assetto Corsa worth it now?
No, and it never will be.

ecks dee

Okay m8s, i will go put in some hours on the drift track. I have been using the e30 drift car also, time to git gud. Thanks for the info.

I'm absolutely in love with the RX7 and the AE86.
That said, the cockpit view in the AE86 is kinda weird and I can't adjust the seating.

hello stefano

which games are you guys playing then

It is automatic you retard

jewRacing and shift2

That's not the cockpit view

Love the new cars, but the game is still just a hotlap/durifto sim
ac/forza merge when?

People have talked. AE86s will move to saturday, and if WEC happens or enduracers release their mod(lol), we'll cross that bridge then. Feel free to post "TOUGE WHEN" in the thread until someone does it, 'cause it's unlikely that I will pull double duty.
These rims are bad and kunos should feel bad
This is the dash cam, switch to the cockpit cam which is adjustable.

Adjustable dash cam when?
I can't deal with seeing a pair of arms and wheel moving along with mine.

you can turn the the arms off or both arms and wheel. then mess with the view from there

Where were you when Marko Jorge Nunes da Silva Diego Dorgo Tulska won the Dale Sr. HANS device 10 at Daytona for Adidas Slav Squat Racing with Josh 'Luigi' Wheeler as his spotter?

The RX-7 is a fun thing

>Drifting in AC
Ehhh, I dunno man, cars feel very understeer heavy in that game and it took a yellowbird with turbo on SV tiers to destabilize the car for me.
I am not saying you can't drift in AC, but destabilizing the car in that game is much harder for me for some reason.
Many other games let you drift with greater ease in my casual opinion.

t. guy with broken 180deg wheel

Stuff is under steering a lot for you as your turning the front wheels so fast they lose grip

because you have a fucked up wheel and go full lock, which causes massive understeer. i can drift all day with the drift spec e92 and e30

>Stuff is under steering a lot for you as your turning the front wheels so fast they lose grip
>because you have a fucked up wheel and go full lock, which causes massive understeer.
Yeah, but my driving is the same throughout all games, so how come the stratos in dirt rally drifts itself? Will you call it an arcade game, or is there some other reason?

Have you tried opening your wheel to see what is causing this jittery shit?

it is a arcade game dummy

Despite being said in fast and the furious: Tokyo drift. Han was right. There is no "wax on-wax off". You learn by feeling it and getting used to how the car drives under sliding.

cmon nigga

Get a new wheel, retard

e92/e30 m3 also drifts itself, don't see ur point familia

Nope, I assumed I am just wearing out some shit or something and since I don't have a replacement anywhere near ready, I am cautious about fucking with it.

>You learn by feeling it and getting used to how the car drives under sliding.
My problem wasn't controling the drift in AC, the cars are very stable in a drift and easy to recover.
It was getting the car to drift that I found harder than in other games.

What?

I would, but at the current time I can't.

My point is that in other games I have an easy time initiating a drift/skid. In AC most cars I tried, including e92 were very stable and understeery.
Again not saying you can't drift in the game. Just mentioning the difference I felt from other games.

Finally got Gran Turismo 4 running smooth in pcsx2.

Got the Super License pretty easy but I'm an eternity away from some of those Gold times. I guess you gotta be really gud to get that Model T.

FUCK STOP IT ALREADY

Hostile reminder nobody cares

I'll be sure to stock up on AC webms just for you

You should come in mumble, we have a couple of avid drifters that can help you.

keep calm and rip fat skidz

what cpu are you using? i'd like to play gt4 without jaggies, it looks pretty bad on original hardware

Yes it's worth it for the most part. don't get excited if you're expecting large grids on the regular. It's all about the track mods, specifically point to point imo. Lots of good jap trax are out now too

Stop what exactly? Reposting webms more than once? Or asking questions that trigger you?

>You should come in mumble, we have a couple of avid drifters that can help you.
pic related, considering how much this general loves me

I'll be sure to stock up on anime girls with smug faces just for you

sounds good

i2500 3.3ghz
hd7850
8gb ram
win 7

I tried on and off for years to run it, but it was always slow as molasses. So a few days ago I tried the latest wip build and its running smooth at 1080p resolution. Theres also a nice custom shader out there that brightens up the colors.

IIRC it only had problems with the older PS2s, there are no problems on the later slim model that I have

About the CPU, I'm not the same user but I can run GT4 with 3xNative resoultion at the full framerate w/o problem with an i5-6400. If you don't need the upscaled resolution, you could probably run it on something less powerful.
And keep in mind to adjust the EE Cyclerate to 0, since it's at -1 at default and that slows down the game quite a lot.

go to /v/

im insanely curious about the game's built in hd mode when being emulated. does it actually work?