So how are 4th gen Chevy Caprices?

So how are 4th gen Chevy Caprices?

Panther cars are still going strong after this long,but the 4th gen Caprice sort of disappeared off the face off the earth past the mid 90's. you can barely even find them used.

There's a used one for sale near me, seems good condition, not sure if i should bother with it

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GM will always be the shittiest car company and they will never produce anything of value.

GM's B-body cars are just as great as the panther cars. They just take a bit more work to handle as decently.

>what is the firebird
>what is the camaro
>what is the corvette

do you enjoy being wrong?

i was caught off-guard by the trans am, but aside from the unstoppable tanks that wear the pontiac badge, caddies, camaros and corvettes are shit when compared to any other car. A challenger with cowl inductioon and flat pistons could still beat a fucking camaro and it wont break every two minutes either

please see thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/15085518/i-love-to-hate-the-corvette-its-such-a-piece-of>

I own one and so did my grandma. I really liked her car growing up and I've always wanted one for myself.

I found one not too long ago and bought it, pic related. It's a retired state trooper car with the LT1 engine. Its really fun to drive and its pretty good on gas if you dont go nuts with it all the time.

Its a smooth ride, comfy as fuck seats, the LT1 is a nice powerful engine, plenty of tasteful modification possibilities (please dont donk them), I think they look really unique and there are only so many good ones left.

A lot of people complement me and ask me about it quite often. because like it was said before, there are only so many left. I feel like a king driving around in mine.

Id say if your looking for a nice ride that's not so common anymore, go for it. Just do your best to maintain it, these cars are pretty reliable so long as you take care of it.

Any pics of the car in question?
motor size?
year?

Caprice LT, 1996, 5.7L V8. theres very few issues visually, just a dent behind the rear right passenger door, maybe a few wear and tear scratches here and there. Says it runs fine mechanically but leaks power steering fluid.

wants 1300

It could use a little tlc but it seems pretty good looking. These cars is they are pretty easy to work on at least from my experience. look up some junk yards in your area, you may be able to get some cheap spare parts that way as well.

I had a 9C1 LT1 and a civilian version and to be honest I preferred the ride of the civilian one. The 9C1 was firm enough to be noticeable while the handling wasn't improved enough to make it worthwhile imo. The 9C1 fake bucket seats also sucked compared to the bench in the civvie.

LT1 power was good. With 3.08's it wanted to cruise at 80 everywhere. After a trans failure I ended up with an S10 converter in it and I'd definitely suggest a converter but not necessarily the S10 since it has a bit too much slip in some situations. I wanted to see what 3.73's would do but life intruded.

The worst thing about the car? Door panels. The armrest/pull cups break constantly and the panel itself cracks repeatedly which results in both not being able to pull the damn door closed and a constant shuffling sound from the door panels as the car goes down the road.

In general though: Would buy again

fake bucket seats? how so?

Anyway, yeah the arm rests are pretty shitty. I personally took the plastic fastener off the arm piece and replaced it with a metal one I made myself. its pretty firm now. not too hard to do

My niggas

so whats the deal with the detuned LT1 engine?

Nice. I'd personally would love a Buick Roadmaster though. So stupidly big, I love 'em

Any pics of your interior, user?

I'd love one of those Roadmaster wagons to do some stupid shit with.

These

yeah but what's fake about them?

>the 4th gen Caprice sort of disappeared off the face off the earth
It stopped production in 1996 nimrod.

A real bucket seat actually supports you

I suppose I see your point, but those would look like shit in a caprice. Id rather have the big lazyboy recliner bucket seats.

do you know what a bucket is?

Not a bench seat, meant for one person, usually allows for space between for a center console/shifter or what have you.

But I assume you are gonna have an issue with this idea?

so? You still see 90's Lincolns and Cadillacs around. hell, you can still find 90's Grand Marquis and Aero vics too. but the Caprice in particular seems hard to find.

probably because it didnt sell as well to begin with.

They're great if you're a nigger. Or at least that's what I'm told. Not actually a jiggaboo myself.

Because people didn't take good care of them. Let them rust out or drove them into the ground. Or else they ruined them with donkification.

My grandma had one that was pristine. never drove it in the winter because she goes to Florida and stores it all season. Two weeks ago it was rear ended by a dumb bitch that was texting while driving in an SUV. It was totaled.
My grandma was fine, but she loved her car. and now its gone.

4th gens are an underrated design

Trip definitely suits you, retard.

I can't stop staring at these cars, something about the looks is just... hnnng

question for you Veeky Forums, is it possible to replace the 93-96 open rear wheel wells with the 91-92 skirted wells?

imo, the skirted wells just plain look nicer

Not really. Back fenders are part of the main body. You can swap out bumpers, front fenders, doors, and the hood. Everything else is main car body.

If you really wanted to, you could probably fashion wheel wells yourself out of sheet metal and weld it on, grind the weld flush with the body, then buff and paint. But that's more trouble than its worth in my opinion.

I crashed one at 60mph and walked away. They're good cars.

If you don't buy it, I will.

Why would you get a Caprice when you could get an Impala SS?

prolly bc you couldnt get a half decent one for say under 2000$

because, even on the title, it's still a Caprice. The Impala SS was an appearance package.

/r/ing the pic that says "Thou ist and always shall be titled a Caprice"

But it came with the 5.7 LT1 V8 and limited-slip rear diff standard. the caprice got a bunch of shit engines and rarely the LT1 and only got a limited slip as part of a tow package.

Also I think the ratios in the Impala were shorter, at least in the rear axle, but I can't remember.

3rd Gen is my fave considering I own one!

Very nice! I love a good box body car; they seem to suffer the same fate as what a previous poster said though. Hard to find because of donkification, driven to the ground, or rusted out. Shame, really, these are beautiful cars.

>Panther cars are still going strong after this long,but the 4th gen Caprice sort of disappeared off the face off the earth past the mid 90's. you can barely even find them used.

Optispark issues, rust, shit interior build quality and glass transmissions. Also, accidents due to babbys first RWD. Basically, a ton of them ended up in junkyards.

These things used to flood junkyards and now I hardly ever even see them there.

I've owned a 91 & 96 Caprice and a 95 Impala. Overall they're good cars, but everything they do, a Panther can do better. Lots B Body owners I've known (myself included) drove theirs to shit and went for a panther later down the road.