How do you improve the performance of a FWD car?

How do you improve the performance of a FWD car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1TBhbcUR6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The same way you would with any other car, you dipshit.

put another engine in the back

/thread

This, get all the wieght off drive tires and change output shaft to a reverse rwd.

Drive in reverse at all times

Forgot pic

wasn't this essentially the escudo pikes peak version?

This, but it will cost more on average than a RWD car because the drivetrain wilk start fighting you once you break around 300whp.

>the only way to increase performance is higher hp
wew lad

Swap it to RWD.

He said "increase" not "increase to a certain level".

>wasting time in fwd

convert it to RWD

You dont. Big performance cars are RWD for a reason. This is why Nissan's abortion couldnt even finish Lemans.

Beaners that drive their civics and think that they're in a race car are the worst.

how about tell us the car and what you want to do with it if you ever want a real answer

Front spoiler, turbo/super charge, new engine, take out the back seats and carpets for "weight reduction", better tires

Like this
youtube.com/watch?v=P1TBhbcUR6Y

Why the quotes if it's true

it's not true

How

To get any sport of benefit from weight reduction you have to go ALL THE WAY not just take out some fucking plastic bits

theory of relativity and shit

nobody said that
And seats weigh a lot

Bigger rear sway bar made the biggest difference in handling for me.

>removing weight provides no benefit
I mean it's only really useful if you're chasing tenths of a second, but backseats going bye bye does help a car.

not op but mx6 gt?

what car

Do an asshole swap to a proper car.

this. thicker rear sway bar to stiffen up the rear end and reduce understeer, maybe even getting into lift off oversteer on a good car. Intake, full exhaust, lightened flywheel, decent clutch.

Taking out weight from the rear of a fwd car will help it in a straight line, but it will handle worse. Actually adding 20-30kg of tools in the boot will probably make it handle better. A sole front tower brace which i see a lot is probably going to have negative effects.

How do I remove the weight from FWD then

RWD swap

less weight

stiffer suspension (adjustable even)

stickier tires

engine work, but not so much that you get wheelspin (wheelspin = understeer)

fwd can be just as good through the corners EXCEPT you can't shift a driving line like you can with rwd so you need to make sure you have all the sorts of upgrades as a rwd car but none of the excess

and also learn to racing line?

It'll make a difference but it's such an insignificant one to the average stoplight racer in his EG Civic hatch.

Shave your head. Do a poo before driving and drive naked.

Nobody here is talking about something as boring as stoplight or drag racing

that's a given

a car is only as good as its driver

except a mustang, those always suck

You inspired me user. You made me feel less like garbage (at least until another rad vs fwd thread comes up) and I hope you go to bed accomplished and have a good week.

when the day of the rope comes i will delight in the chimes that your corpse makes in the wind

A car without back seats will be slightly faster than a car with back seats

Alternatively just go for an AC-less car with a spartan interior and four very light, uncomfy seats

>keyboard autocorrects rwd to rad
even a keyboard knows the what the superior choice in drivetrains is.

Nah

Just put your mom in the boot for perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

>>>reddit

Shut the fuck up