Why is there such a stigma with cars and certain drivetrains in the West but not in Japan?

Why is there such a stigma with cars and certain drivetrains in the West but not in Japan?
People are really stuck up about cars other people drive and try to race, and get into arguments over it
Not in the east though
Why

>stigma
Only on Veeky Forums.
In real life no one cares.

>weaboos

Grorious Nippon is not as great as you think it is

Fwd vs rwd
Displacement wars
Bench racing
I dunno senpai looks like west is cancer
I'm in Japan right now

>Fwd vs rwd
>Displacement wars
>Bench racing
Only on Veeky Forums

Nope

>why

your only exposure is Veeky Forums

Only happens in Veeky Forums where 90% of the posters are under 18 and don't even own a car.

They read something, repeat it, read, repeat. Can't think for themselves, and just follow popular opinion from each other leading to meme cars and a severe lack of automotive knowledge.

Veeky Forums is probably the worst board on Veeky Forums in regards to its users knowing much about the boards specific topic.

You mean Veeky Forums.
And only murican posters care about drivetrains, same with displacement.

Uhm, buddy, there's a reason why anytime a rwd Japanese car was made the nips creamed themselves.

FWD=RWD

I used to think so but recently I have been on /diy/ and /n/ and they are just as bad, if not actually worse.

>Veeky Forums is probably the worst board on Veeky Forums in regards to its users knowing much about the boards specific topic.
Lurk in /g/ for a bit.

>Veeky Forums is probably the worst board on Veeky Forums in regards to its users knowing much about the boards specific topic.

You've obviously never been to /g/

I saw OPs pic and came to discuss the Chryslus Highwayman and how to modify it's microfusion-cell based motor to accept a blower.

I leave disappointed. See you cucking around Golgotha faglords.

This has been the case since the 50s. Car were and still are status symbols. If not every one would have a toyota pick up or Honda civic.

Civic is a sports car though

Japan's car scene is a lot more chill in general, and no one takes themselves too seriously. It's honestly pretty refreshing.

so you dont own a car and never go outside?

>in the West
In America, you mean. The rest of the world haven't been indoctrinated with REAR WHEEL DRIVE VEEATE ONLY WAY TO BE BURN MORE FUEL BURN MORE FUEL BURN MORE FUEL like the US.