/fog/ - Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/qrqjbl.webm
a.pomf.cat/dactqx.webm
a.pomf.cat/lrextf.webm
a.pomf.cat/iuvnkl.webm
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17170/?
youtube.com/watch?v=22e8oTy1qME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not that guy but you're seriously fucking dumb if you think that would take any effort whatsoever.

You see those nodes that are placed in settlements etc. where people will sit down to smoke, kneel, eat etc.?

Yeah see after an alert you just place some e.g Alert Phase 2 nodes down in more secure locations.

Wow so fucking hard.

what the fuck are you talking about?

what do animation markers have to do with stealth?

Scale was the other word in that sentence. There are only 30 something settlements in the entire game Even if it were as simple as slapping down animation markers, you still have dozens upon dozens of varied locations to add patrols to, would have to design those locations to accommodate them, and possibly have variants in locations where different factions can set up.

All for ONE playstyle in a game that doesn't make any claims towards being a stealth game.

Anyone know what's causing this bug? It's on this outfit, the harness, and a few others. Just updated by CBBE to see if that fixed it but it didn't.

MGSV did exactly that, though.

If you fultoned someone, the enemies would react to it and shoot down your fulton.
If you headshotted soldiers, next time they would have helmets.
If you went stealthly without anyone noticing, next time there would be dummies, mines, cameras, tripwires, etc.
If you trigger a full combat, the next time enemies would have body armour and heavy weapons to deal with you.
If you attacked at night, next time enemies would have Night-vision.
If you sniped enemies, next time enemies would wield sniper rifles to counter-attack in long distance.
And if you used too many gas grenades, sleeping gas and the likes, the next time enemies would have gas masks.
If you use transports a lot, they will have rocket launchers the next time.

Fallout 4 could have that if Bethesda wasn't so incompetent.

>I'm dumb

How do you think other stealth games work? Have you ever played one in your life.

Go get spotted, lose sight of your enemies, and then watch where they move. They always either go back to where they were original standing, or move to an alternate fixed location after an alert. They don't just randomly roam everywhere.

This isn't hard to program, it's literally public college level stuff.

MGSV is also tries to have something of a persistent world, Fallout 4 has the player go in, kill everyone, and then, and then they simply respawn.

>If you headshotted soldiers, next time they would have helmets.
>If you went stealthly without anyone noticing, next time there would be dummies, mines, cameras, tripwires, etc.
>If you trigger a full combat, the next time enemies would have body armour and heavy weapons to deal with you.
>If you attacked at night, next time enemies would have Night-vision.
>If you sniped enemies, next time enemies would wield sniper rifles to counter-attack in long distance.
>And if you used too many gas grenades, sleeping gas and the likes, the next time enemies would have gas masks.
>If you use transports a lot, they will have rocket launchers the next time.

All of these would be impossible because its not the same enemies.

Not to mention that MGsV has a lot less shit to do in it then Fallout 4, and is primarily based around stealth gameplay

I feel like you have absolutely no fucking clue how vastly different the core design goals and philosophies between the two games are if you think Fo4 could have had all that.

Do you have unemployment retention areas /fog/?

ok then genius.

use animations markers to improve the Fallout 4 stealth system.

put it up on the /fog/ mod archive so your brilliance can be preserved for posterity.

>Bethesda put out 3 settlement DLCs
>you can't assign settlers to do laundry, clean up trash, cooking, water retrieval and purification, construction and crafting in general
>there are only farmers and guards
>there are no real barbers and doctors since the chairs are just powered by electricity

No faction in the wasteland has the resources to pull any of that off.

-Not even the BoS has the resources to carry that many different load outs for all of their men.

-Raiders aren't trained tactically enough to even think of that kind of shit.

-The Institute just uses hordes of synths to swarm their enemies.

-The Minutemen are simply armed farmers, who lack the resources and training to do/think of that.

>water retrieval and purification
That's what the machines are for

> crafting in general
that would just result in people complaining that settlers are building random shit and using up all their resources.

>clean up trash
Trash isn't a separate object that can be picked up, its just a texture on the floor.

And if you mean the clutter items, then that would just result in settlers picking up all the small shit you placed down for your settlement.

Which would piss people off.

>cooking
Again, that would result in people complaining settlers are wasting resources making shit you might not want them to make.

My waifu takes the best qualities of both men and women and merges it into one heterosexual package!

>I want to ______ with KLEO

you forgot traders

I identify as an attack helicopter.

Whoops, oh whoops, I replied to the wrong post.

>Trash isn't a separate object that can be picked up, its just a texture on the floor.

Actually most of the time it is. Like all those fucking leaves and wooden shit left in settlements.

so it only fucks other hermaphrodites?

I'd love to see a mod that replaces all pf Nate's lines with spliced Trump recordings

>not building Wasteland Workshop's concrete wall

10 FEET HIGHER

they're objects in the CK, but they can't be picked up. you need a mod to scrap or move them in game.

BUILD A WALL.

are there any good mods for this shitty game yet?

that would be a homosexual package. I'm pretty sure a heterosexual herm would only fuck females and males.

Did you install any weather or lighting mods recently? I had something like that after installing Vivid Weathers, I think.

This settlement is dogshit

>all those broken houses you can't repair or scrap
>no water source
>the edges are garbage you need the place anywhere mod
>the silo cannot be scrapped

Serious question, do settlers actually move around in there?

I have built elaborate settlements and my settlers just stand there like dumbfounded fish

Still waiting on that new Wolfenstein, r8 my SS

homosexual females and males

but wouldn't a faggot be put off by the vagina?

its a "dont install CBBE without clothing overhaul" bug

>Still waiting on that new Wolfenstein
Wait another 4 years

They'd probably be put off by the general femininity of the herm.;

Though a maleherm might be be sufficiently on the line to be fuckable.

Also this all ignoring bisexuals.

>night vision stays active in third person

Little progress on animu hairs.

ALL the bangs are now physics enabled, and clean.

ALL the hairs have physics, need cleaning, and longer hairs need to be fixed a little...but I think clipping is inevitable on them at some points. Not sure when I'll be done with this, but its probably gonna be another several hours of cleaning and CK work before its finished.

Webbums 2 big

a.pomf.cat/qrqjbl.webm
a.pomf.cat/dactqx.webm
a.pomf.cat/lrextf.webm
a.pomf.cat/iuvnkl.webm

>Webbums 2 big
Buff, we all know the webms are fine, its ur waifu thats 2 big

Ha, I've seen this bug happen in Warframe with syndanas.

Yeah I had to turn that shit off, also had a bug where I was permanently invis that spread to my older saves. I fixed it more or less but I still flicker for about 2 seconds whenever I crouch

You might need to alter the sandboxing

www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15608/?

>but I still flicker for about 2 seconds whenever I crouch
the max level sneak perk makes you invisible for two seconds every time your crouch as a means to try to get NPCs to lose track of you.

Assuming you have the max level sneak perk, thats what that is

Huh, must have missed that til now. Thanks user

Does this affect all NPCs?

Can it go higher?

A lot of the time there's three or so just standing either by the front door outside, or by the front door inside. Though the others all stick to their jobs, thankfully.
Sorry for delay, was getting new screenshots.

That interior is equal parts ugly, too uncluttered, too neat and dumb for having the generator and planters indoors right next to where people hang out.

It's global. I guess you could set it have higher higher and lower ranges, but I would probably want to test it incrementally.

And you're equal parts ugly and dumb with bad opinions.
I don't mean two out of three user.

You should use the cycling light to give it a "grow light" look. Yellow, violet or green.

Seriously mate. Your shopkeepers are way too close together and have no room for their own sort of store spaces, that generator is just going to be noise incarnate right next to where everyone wants to be so it should be outside in a shed or something away from people and the growing plots are just going to stink up the place with the stink of brahmin shit.

Why do I always do this:
>play game regularly
>get annoyed by not having junk to build what i want
>cheat
>feel bad afterwards
>restart game
>repeat cycle 100+times

I've only beaten the game twice, this is how autistic i am.

Shipments and not sucking at looting are your friends.

How do I have fun in this game? I'm really trying hard.

But the fun hasn't come yet.

I have over 600 hours and still not beaten the game.

You're less autistic than me, user. You're still pretty autistic though.

>they made ANOTHER New Vegas thread on /v/
For what fucking purpose?

that ASS

hows about you STFU UNTIL IT'S 100% DONE

feggit

New Vegas isn't a dead game. This one is.

It might just not be your kind of game, user.

/v/ wanted to keep it there but a mod dumped them into the containment board.
But like the /v/ermin they are, they skittered back.

Poor bait m8 dont h8 the g8

Cheating ruins the fun for me to in these situations as well.

Nah mate, that's the new shop system. They literally snap to one another.
Once I've got rank 2 cap collector, I'll make it the tier 3 shops which have more space, but that's plenty.

I really want to put my dick in that ass

Is the modding scene as good as NV's now? Trying to decide which to replay

I know what the new shop system looks like. They still are too fucking cluttered together and have no god damn space to display any wares that aren't in their little counter space.

I want to blow my load in that butt

The modding scenes for Beth titles don't get "good" until after the last official patches and DLC come out.

New Vegas didn't have a good modding scene until a while after the Game of the Year edition came out.

So here I was thinking Far Harbor ain't half bad and then Todd pulls this shit on me.

What the fuck were they thinking?

I did that whole thing in less then an hour, its seriously piss easy, and not even that hard.

It's just a puzzle. Unless it's broken on you there's no need to be such a little bitch about it.

I think I found my new favorite rifle.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17170/?

It's ridiculous as fuck but I love it. It feels like something that would come out of an /m/ anime.

You are retarded. and have no idea how those markers work. They are not exclusively for animations, just because Bethesda used them for generic idle animations doesn't mean they can't be used for anything else. Coding is not set in stone you fucking troglodyte.

Nobody complains about the difficulty of those shitty puzzles, it's the fact that they were even included when they're pre-school levels of horse shit and go on for far too long.

They're as bad as the Fade in Dragon Age Origins in how long they overstay their welcome.

Its nowhere near as bad as the Fade dude, the Fade can take hours, this takes less then 1.

I have over 1000 hours in Skyrim and have still not beaten the main quest.

1 hour of wading through shit is still 1 hour of wading through shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=22e8oTy1qME

get hyped for proper assault rifle animations

Makes sense! I'll probably continue NV then, then hop to fallout 4 when the last patches and DLC are out
And they finish Sextech

Post comfy buildings

>That jarring switch from loading the gun to being idle
>Some faggy one arm rifle holding animation instead of just holding the gun ready

It could have gone together better but I think it's okay.

the shit quality

so you won't be using animation markers to make your easy stealth fix then?

what's the ETA on your simple bit of scripting?

I'm not even the same person you were arguing with originally. You're still fucking dumb.

Shut up, faggot. He could be juggling bullets for all i care, the possibility that we might get some good weapon animations is all that matters.

Who gave those apes guns?

I'm not even the same user.

If it's so easy to improve stealth mechanics with animation markers and scripting, fucking do it already. Talk is cheap.

The Soviets.

>Animation markers

See, you keep hanging onto this and this is why people think you and your friend are fucking stupid. It's not an animation marker, it's a fucking block that is currently coded to be used for idle animations. The coding can be replaced so it is an alert phase block, or a fucking quest marker block. Anybody with a basic understanding of programming knows this, I don't need to do shit.

...well it's a start I suppose

Is there a way to play as a synth yet?

>Implying Nate/Nora aren't synths already

You haven't explained how you're going to improve stealth mechanics with this animation marker though.

Other than some nebulous "I can do better" you have not provided shit to back up you claim. Talk is cheap.

>continuing this pre-release meme

>he hasn't played Far Harbor