How much of a meme is this car

How much of a meme is this car

An old woman is selling one near me for $3000 AUD and i'm buying it soon, Worth keeping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MP1eBxROP4k
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pg-9yQnaWs
billzilla.org/4agmods.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The memest. It's slow and the only reason you want it is because of Initial D.

She's selling the Trueno i just got the first generic AE86 photo from google

but!
but!
rwd!

Reminder that AE86's don't come stock with a formula one engine

Oh, then it's a race car...if it has a manual.

but is it fun

if you enjoy owning it it isn't a waste of money.
if you don't, sell it and you'd probably make a little profit.

Its a great car for what it is, 3k is cheapo as well someone probably has bought it already.

its rwd

Literally a civic is faster

It might be a meme car, but it's a great car overall. It might not be fast, but you don't really buy one to have a fast car. You buy one to have fun, and it fulfills that role flawlessly.

Just remember, they were economy sports cars back in the day, they never were supposed to be super fast. If you know that going into the purchase, you won't be disappointed.

I personally think it's a solid car for what it is, if a bit overpriced, but hey, that's the state of the market, and they really are becoming rarer, at least in the US. I don't think I ever want to get rid of mine.

Easy as fuck to work on too, good beginners car to learn to wrench on.

Pic related, it's mine.

dammmn she clean. more pics?

Sure thing, I've only got a few though

is it plastidipped red?

Satin clear coat, considering repainting it but if I do, that's a ways down the road.

>cars are only gud if they are fast!1!1!!
Veeky Forums embarasses itself once again

why are you here again
I'm not saying what you like is bad, but why visit Veeky Forums if you want to talk about non performance

needs some 13"x7s on there lad

3 of a kind beats a pair

>r $3000 AUD
so $3 ameridollars?
seems worth it, but not a penny more

well there's a thread about motorbikes here so what's your point? do you have mild autism?

Buy it just to flip it.

AE86's go for silly money here.

nowhere does it specify that Veeky Forums is about fast cars.

yo where in mass tho?

They sell for 20-30k AUD. Buy it for 3k if only to sell it.

when did I imply that you can only talk cars here

It's a bit of a beater, i'll probably get 10k out of it

They're a fun car to drive and you can do pretty much all the work yourself. If it's beaten a bit already I'd keep it.

>ur only aloud 2 talk about fast cars nothing else or ill tell my mum
>implying motorbikes are fast cars
so i was right you do have mild autism

>3k for a Sprinter
Fucking do it. Even if it turns out to be a total shitbox, slap a Fujiwara sticker on the side and you can flog it to some P plater for double what you paid.
It's a shame the tax is so ridiculous on them - they seem like they'd be a heap of fun to tinker with.

20 minutes or so from worcester

pretty cool, I go to school in worcester

What are you talking about, nice strawman dude

>literally has no counter argument
stay raged

you shouldn't even be considering not buying one for 3k in australia.. someone will pay like 8-10k+ for one stock.

just do detail work on interior/outside etc. to make it look good. then sell it and buy a way faster car for half the price.

Video explains the appeal well:

youtu.be/MP1eBxROP4k

>mfw mine has been ded for 5 weeks

Don't listen to the shitheads. It's about as fast as a 1.6 miata and doesn't turn as well, but it's very well balanced for drifting.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pg-9yQnaWs
ae86 btfo by civic

>Its not fast so its bad!!
hows pre school treating you bub

Post pics of it stooge

no shit, user

Tsuchiya says that they're fun as fuck, and I believe him.

I semi-regret selling mine a few years ago. It was a really fun car and I almost never saw another one in person. I loved the sound and handling of the car but unfortunately I used it primarily for drifting and I felt like I outgrew the car.
If you get one and enjoy it don't ever sell it. They will probably be too rare to find at all in a few years.

pic related. 20v swapped and my first drift car.

Buy it and sell it.

You could easily make a couple thousand dollars at that price.

I'm an Aussie from Brisbane.

>sell it
>when the prices will only go up and the supply will go down

I feel like I would just total the thing taking it through the curves jamming to eurobeat. I could think of worse ways to go though.

depends, if you want to build it to be a quick project I suggest going here billzilla.org/4agmods.htm
if not, flip it like everyone else keeps saying

If you don't go overboard and learn how the car responds, it's forgiving to drive. Easy to correct fuck ups.