/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Snek Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>snek edition

Make the floor on lower level so you can make a press between the hills and make the base with anything you want, just the press for looking cool.

wtf is a press

dead thread dead game

I seem to have mistaken its name, a dam I meant.

I got some real terraforming for you.
>Expand plains village to another nearby village in a meadow biome
>Finally get to doing so
>Dick around elsewhere, etc
>Want a volcano mod
>Look into BoP, has a volcano biome
>Install
>Peaceful meadow village becomes dangerous murky bayou with sneks ready to gang up on me

I lack a before pic, but I was shocked myself to see such a change in established chunks.

What do you guys take into consideration when building something to live in? I always think in terms of, if I went to sleep in my bed tonight and woke up tomorrow in a bed in the Overworld, how livable would it be?

Are there walls and a door to keep the elements out? Is there lighting to see by? Food to eat and a drinkable source of water nearby? Or am I just completely fucked?

I'm thinking about putting the platform on stilts and flooding the area. The platform will have individual huts. A dam sounds cool though.

In my vanilla world, I was more worried about surviving than building. Though I did build many underground tunnels with some rooms for sleeping, storage and forging. Everything was either in the open or underground. Of course, crops were nearby.

r8

>- Asie's annual minecraft modding convention came around again -
I was not involved in this one beyond the initial setup. I gave up everything to unascribed/BBoldt around 1.5 months before the convention.

Yeah but the idea of it in general was yours, wasn't it?

torch posts or no torch posts?

No torch posts. Try a slab from a different material instead, see if it looks good.

For the smaller logs, torches are ideal. Maybe glowstone at the base of the logs?

Torch posts, makes it pop out more and look official. The way you are set up you don't have much visually competing with it so its fine as is. If your base grows too much and the scene starts getting crowded I'd review removing them.

Any updated mods for extinguishable torches or water fluids?

>water fluids
I mean, Water/fluid physics, or block physics in general.

I meant in front of the logs, but okay. It's your call on what you want it to look like.

Well, I was thinking in stone slabs, but this looks cool IMO.

Thanks archimedes for the ships, it feels so cool laying siege on enemy castles.
YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Its such a shame that they lag like all hell on servers. It would be wonderful to be able to build ships like that in multiplayer survival.

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

>Snek Edition
Snek reactor best reactor

EXACTLY!

I got btfo by the npcs to my own ship but yeah I killed them all and got their shitty booty which that is great.

>look on CurseForge for mod updates
>spot Immersive Engineering
>get excited before realizing that I didn't limit to 1.10 mods
>but he's at least finalizing 1.8.9 development

>still no GoG or Thaumcraft on 1.10

please

I dont usually play on serbs, but I have heard some guy in hobo has his base on an airship or something and everytime he moves it it causes major lag.

>2016
>still trying to play modded 1.10
You did this to yourself.

Doing sieges on npcs is really fun

Is there a quick way to view IE mineral veins? I'm not autistic enough to run samples on every chunk of land.

Unless it's on naturally hostile biomes (Eerie) or excessively peaceful biomes (Mushroom), when it fits, I sits.

I haven't tried making a base on the newer biomes, though.

>just getting into minecraft more deeply
>browse mods to play on singleplayer
>everything is bloated shit that adds 150 plants or 150 types of ore or horrible interfaces that were obviously an afterthought or giant modpacks

Where is the true sweet, minimal, understated stuff, /mcg/?

Use multiple drills at once?

I think he's looking for a map overlay. And no, there isn't one. I know there's a command somewhere that lets you instantly see what is in the chunk, but you have to travel from chunk to chunk to see what's there.

Well, what are you looking for? There are some basic things like Reinforced Diamond, and the Keeping Inventory mod. But I agree some mods add too much bloat.

What mods let you do that? It sounds like a lot of fun.

Also, any suggestions for a Mountain fortress in survival? I found a seed with a single mountain placed in such a good spot for a base.

There are tons of mountain forts on Google Images.

Yeah, simple stuff. Things that feel like they should be in the vanilla game.

>dinnerbong is not mojang
as far as the PC/java version of minecraft goes, yes, he is. jeb fucked off to play with the pocket edition exclusively over a year ago, and most of the others associated with minecraft don't even have code access, just "starting shit by running their mouths" access (see: grum who thinks you can load mods by pasting URLs in ingame chat), and whatever else there is to "mojang" is filed away working on the other shit with that brand name on it.
the "head designer" was notch when he was around. and then he quit because he hated basically everyone working for mojang. and dinnerbong's been left with little supervision since, focussed on making minecraft "his game" because he hated notch too. he's the root of a billion "hurr notchcode" memes and yet his coding is actually worse.

Ancient Warfare generate some structures on the world, you should low the generation rate as they tend to spawn a lot.
They have some hostile npcs that are pretty much like Zombie Pigmans with iron swords and some snipers with bows and they come in a fortress like 10-15 least and like 30 most Im guessing tho.
They are pretty stupid but fun to attack.

Do you have Xaero's Minimap? That's as vanilla as it gets, and damn convenient for a game like Minecraft. Here's my current list.

Incoming criticisms

Notch didn't leave out of spite; he left because Notch is crazy and he wasn't dealing with fame and player pressure well. And as soon as he hired people, he stopped being the head designer just because he stopped caring. (A shame, since he's actually a good designer).

And DB still had the meetings with other mojangstas, they decided stuff together, even the ones who knew shit, leading to inconsistency.
(And besides, DB is a noob as designer.)

You have a really comfy modpack my dude, I would add some decoration mods and more mods to enhance other aspects of vanilla but it looks really cool.

Wish there was a decent game out there that allowed you to build and crew your own airship.

I'm up for anything. I've wanted more trees lately. I should reinstall mega plant pack, if only for all the variety it had with fauna and fungi.

Using multiple drills would just be more hassle, not less. Just use the command.

/ie mineral get

It gives you the kind of ore and the amount of "depletion." Far as I can figure, depletion starts at 0 and gets up to around 72,000.

why is mcg using skype instead of discord?

For my trees I use Naturas fork and BoP, there are a lot of comfy mods that better vanilla.

Try Garden Stuff too. It lets you do a lot more with plants, adds some cool decorative items and lets you make smaller decorative trees out of any kind of tree you have. Plus the mod author has really good documentation on his Github.

Is Galacticraft good? Seems kinda barebones, I'd have to get some add-on for it

so. anybody familiar with this "littleblocks mod" thing? it's some kind of "stuff more voxels in the space one normally takes up" thing for 1.7.10. maybe it's me but that sounds like asking for shit to break.

Another server is
reeecraft.mchost.pro
Vanilla 1.10.2
premium
Europe
Not pirate friendly
PVP enabled but there are rules against it
Survival
500 slots
The only plugins are lockette and essentials
No griefing
I have no idea how to add this to the spreadsheet

I'm still waiting for something that reduces microblocks, slabs and stairs into a consistent thing actually used in worldgen instead of being just player stuff.

do ic2 machines explode when exposed to rain or is that just gregtech?

>reecraft
Only if you are into COZMIC TRAVEL or to explore new lands full of nothing and make them useful yourself.

Working on the porksword grinder. I have a Silent Hill letsplay going in the background and I think it's starting to influence my building style.

in this case it's along the idea of "build your redstone contraptions in one block but the pieces all exist in the world" or some such, rather than the usual microblock shenanigans. still, seems to me like maybe it's asking for rendering-related trouble.

I need a creepy nurse reskin pronto. Slick and shiny like a used up jimmy hat...

What blocks are those from?

Bump

Black and grey ones are tyrian from Chisel, silverish ones are aluminum scaffolding from IE, red bricks are Chiseled netherbrick and the iron bars are just vanilla iron bars but with the Pixel Perfect resource pack.

I have chisel on me. Lemme go find some of that.

is it just me or is 1.10's collision detection way worse? it's so much harder to hit enemies, even when you time it properly. endermen in particular just spaz at you and you have to flail to kill them, since mojang is incapable of making combat not shit.

I don't know if it's actually worse or if I'm only noticing how bad it is now that I have to make each swing count, but yeah it's really shitty

I've noticed it too, but since barely anyone here plays 1.10, nobody mentioned it. Specially annoying with slimes.

Just another day of "Mojang fix your shit"

About killing niggers: get in water and look at them. They'll go "SHEEEEIIIIT" and taunt you from the margin, but never go to the water.

Its just 1 iron inside 8 smoothstone. Not exactly cheap if you're early or mid game, but it has a lot of cool forms.

Oh boy.

that's just gregtech

electrical machines that have EU stored, to be precise. if they don't have any EU they'll burn like netherrack but not explode
in GT6 that also includes heat based machines, alltho I think explosions are disabled atm

is anyone still working on chisel (1.7.10)? the version i have still needs a lot of bugfixing (misaligned glass panes, unnamed blocks, snakestone not being in the right group, pillars not really having a reason to be their own category anymore...)

Does anyone know good tutorials for mod creation for Minecraft beta versions?

>get the urge to play Minecraft because you can automate stuff with redstone
>start playing
>realize I'm a dumbass that can't think of anything original and has to copy cool shit off youtube

Anyone know that feel

nope

I usually try something on my own, and then look at youtube for improvements.

Not really.

>Anyone know that feel

I make YouTubers my fucking bitch, famalama.

Heh heh heh. I've been a lazy bastard about getting all of this started up, but I wish I'd done it a long time ago. 2 Killer Joes suck up a lot of nutrients, but they're getting me steady stream of drops (specifically heads thanks to the enchanted Ender swords I gave them).

Already got 4 Nether shards.

>Built a creeper-grinding gunpowder factory tonight
Fuck yes

post the inside

I got a blood magic ritual well of suffering and tier 4 altar set up in the nether, supplying me with rivers of blood and drops.

It's good to be top wizard.

These are hard to find in vanilla

Will this corrupt my save?

gunpowder facility on serb is running

sweet sweet gunpowder

>following the river around my new base
>see water flowing into a hole
>find this

How gorgeous.

I haven't seen something like that since whenever it was that "gargamel" was everyone's go-to seed.

2nd screen of creeper cage

fill it with cats for extra bullying

how'd you make the creeper spawner?

I refuse to haul cat parts. Gunpowder only.

>Also pigs.

not grind the cats
that'd be rude
use them as decoration to bully the creepers before they meet their end

The bottom of each creeper pit (there are 3) is solid MFR conveyor to move the creepers to their deaths.

hide cats under them

No.

I used a staff in Thaumcraft to dislocate an evolved creeper spawn on mars to place them within the factory.

>try to craft one of natura's trapdoors
>game crashes with a "ticking memory connection"
...the fuck.