Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Monsterphile edition

>Great news!
Monster Hunter Stories to release in Japan October 8
youtu.be/gSQmtzB8rqg

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82o2s0ED4bM&list=PL0Jds2Ea8AipE-5eMcrIwYJ76aBO-GIS1&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=1w6xzz1bUGE
youtube.com/watch?v=opgDdr8YW-Q
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74070246
www65.atwiki.jp/mhxtawiki/pages/202.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's some good skill to go for when using Striker Lance or Guild GS?

>youtube.com/watch?v=82o2s0ED4bM&list=PL0Jds2Ea8AipE-5eMcrIwYJ76aBO-GIS1&index=7
Best soundtrack edition

56-5433-2244-6674
rage
o--

HR TURNS/Whatever

>played 350+ hunts as a cat
>he's still not level 50

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!!!

I'm not a fan of either of these hoodies, but I would buy the shit out of a Kecha one.
pic related, most underrated 4u monster

Reposting this for the shitter who said Tig CB better than Hellblade

'no'

Final damage is 210 for Hellblade CB taking affinity into account. tigrex final damage is 187 because of -15 affinity. We aren't even taking the 23 blast of hellblade into euqation

This assumes same set for both CBs

So why didn't you go to the Monster Hunter 2016 tour in Toronto, /mhg/?

Guild GS just go for focus, crit draw, and crit boost. There is a full set pretty much made for GS. The Black S set. It comes with focus, crit draw, blightproof, and has two slots so if you have a weapon slot and good charm you can fit something else on there. Good defense, tops out at I think 673 with armor charm+talon, 10 in all elemental resistances except dragon where it has deeply negative resistance.

>taking affinity into account

Because Luna wasn't there.

>tfw can't think of a funny title that's also not cringeworthy or a cool title that doesn't come across as tryhard

cringe

something something hips

>Best soundtrack edition
That's cute user.
youtube.com/watch?v=1w6xzz1bUGE

How the fuck do you unlock Tigger? I want to finish this hammer

Phials don't take affinity into account, cringespammer.

So it's safer to attack Amatsu during the tornado(assuming everyone else also does it) or is running away better?

You do super armor in MHGen. Depending on the attack/gp you dont stop to block you just continue with the attack. R+x will result in block sure. But A will just ignore an oncoming attack and continue on with its own.

How is the CB in this game? It seems kinda lacking, but that could very well be because I'm not using it right.

>he thinks all he will do is spam phials all day long and never miss a single one

Also, what style is best for CB?

Gunlance tier

No, it just means your silly number doesn't apply in real world terms, in this case.

Striker bar none

Dude...affinity is only a 2.5% damage boost per 10% affinity. Your math sucks. The real damage without blast would be around 203 for Hellblade CB. Also I believe he meant Grimclaw Tigrex, which has 10% affinity, which means around 206 damage, but it also has more white, so yeah.

post rooms

What's the best way to get Monster Broth?

effective raw for hellblade is 202 you moron

again, nice math faggot

"Super armor" means you're taking full damage, but going through with your own attack as well. In Gen GP are still blocking damage, but follow up with the morph. But only if your guard level is enough to withstand the attack.

youtube.com/watch?v=opgDdr8YW-Q

Close second, but THIS is the real best song.

go to the kill 50 bnabrah quest
poison 20 of them
hold fire on the altaroths until they turn blue/red (don't require poison, they just burst into treats)
end with something like 9-15 monster broth

It's not a song if there aren't lyrics.

that makes no sense, take a hike

show me your calcs

Tigrex CB would have an average raw of 212 after affinity and Hellblade CB would have an average raw of 203.
If you used the WE, CE+3, CB, RS set then Tigrex would have an average raw of 277 and Hellblade would have an average raw of 268.
Tigrex wins out regardless.

Calculations don't reflect shit accurately with a weapon that applies set damage over time.

It's relatively the same, you just had options removed. Some changed don't really make sense because they give you new stuff which defeats the point of some nerfs

You lost thrust into aed transition and gp into aed.
What this mean is you can't "counter" after a guard point and you have you manually enter axe mode to aed if you want initiate or refresh red shield

But if you play guild you get option to recharge shield by pressing x+a after a thrust.

If you play adept you get reduced shield bu perfect guard.

The weapon overall playstyle didn't change much outside it losing its fluidity. It's a bit rigid to play now but overall game plan is still the same
Get red shield, 5 vials and spam A in axe mode and then repeat

What armor rating do I need to avoid getting blasted against hypers and higher tier deviants as gunner?

>GC wouldn't probably have flopped if it had MH

That doesn't take blast procs into account though.

>Vita wouldn't probably have flopped if it had MH

I want the right at the same time I really really don't
I'd buy a zinogre one though

This. 23 blast more than makes up for the damage

Striker is leading charge I'm terms of kill times. Adept behind 30 seconds.

Striker > adept > guild > aerial.

With about 330 I've survived most hyper shit, minus the obvious moves that are intended to one shot you like Tama's "One bubble, three bubble, oh shit here's trouble"

>got Yuri's guild card
Ca-ching.

Wow how many teeegrayxe has he hunted, what baguette did he use most

Has anyone actually been hit by tamas third attack?
I've had him try to do his superspinslam me multiple times and I either try to adept evade and nothing or I just stand there and he someone spins all around me but never actually hurts me.
It feels like it has a pathetically small hitbox

Does red sheild buff overall damage for axe mode, as in both regular x attacks and charged a attacks, or is it only for the big charge spin finisher?

Thats one thing Ive been kinda hung up about

I want a monster hunter kigurumi

All the armor sets ive seen worked out in Athena seem to bring me around 300-305. Im trying to run LBG internal pierce stuff though. Maybe the sets for HBG skills give better defense.

>Striker is leading charge I'm terms of kill times. Adept behind 30 seconds.
That's literally based on THREE (3) time records.
Let's be honest, no one here is autistic enough to retry the same quest hundreds of times, until the RNG lets you beat the best jap times.
Striker might currently hold the WR on Hellblade Dino X, but Adept is just infinitely more pleasant to use.
Striker CB is an awkward axe version of GS with AEDs instead of lvl 3 charges.

Remember end raw is infinitely more important to charge blade then affinity and blast. Red shield gains a % boost to axe mode based on your end raw and explosion damage only cares for raw.

Tigrex CB is the best CB in the game

I have while trying to learn when to adept it

Every once in a while the jumping range of that attack catches me off guard.

I just don't expect the fella to jump more than half the area.

What game are they playing in this image

I'm betting it actually comes down to Tigrex is best on monsters that have high Blast tolerance. That's the only explanation to why speedruns use both so much.

Results are all the matters, your "feelings" are irrelevant

Impact phial is what, 5% raw? A 200 damage blast proc is like landing 5 AEDs with the Tiggy CB. How many times would blast proc on a hunt on average? How many AEDs do you land?

12 Insect Glaive hunts (his most used weapon is SnS at 46)
Not sure how many Tigrex he's hunted, I think I need to actually get around to hunting one to get it to show up as not ???? on a guild card.

>300+ hunts with a bow
>decide its time to use a different weapon and gear up for that weapon
>can't even fucking kill glav without getting hit with an LS
>Or IG
>Or SA
>Or DBs
Send help

Speed runs actually use elemental charge blades familia

Where

gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74070246

(You) most likely won't be getting any noticeably better results with any style than the others.

>Hey, Hunter-person! You know you've got an Urgent Quest to hunt a Yian Garuga, right? I heard this crazy rumor abot those things. Some REAL monster drama. I heard that Yian Garuga are the proudct of a Yian Kut-Ku and a Rath-- You know what? That just sounds ridiculous. Just be careful out there, okay?
They really went all out didn't they?

>in room to farm/kill teo with a bunch of unlocked HR players
>i'm HR 6
>all three of them cart while I've never gone below half hp
>he was limping
fucking
CASUALS

Its a big /mhg/ meme to imply that everyone does hunts without getting hit. Even people who do TA runs occasionally get hit. Carting is the only problem.

They actually use weapons with the right element, but impact phials, like Rajang's CB.

I want to BE Meowstress!

What's your best time on Grudge Match Malfestio, /mhg/?

>Yeah guild GS may be the best style but I enjoy aerial the most so that's the best one!
This is literally you.

>Yian Garuga
>Urgent in anyway

Is bow of hope and valor a meme weapon or is it really that much better than the rest of the lineup for solo at least

>acc cart twice against lvl 9 Hellblade by falsely timing superman dodges

with late endgame armor, yea

gore/shaggy is probably the best choice until then tho

HR hub quest A.Steppe fungus run is the new way to get broth. Kill the setlas, end via subquest. 50% chance for broth per subquest reward slot. Usually only get 2-4 per subquest, but it is infinitely faster and easier than poisoning bugs or capturing seltas.

www65.atwiki.jp/mhxtawiki/pages/202.html

That looks oddly comfortable. The worst thing I see is the spoon on the floor.

At best Vita would have gotten an extra 4 million sales in Japan, the place where it's already doing well. And MH would have sold the same amount as it were on 3DS, especially after few releases.

The hell, I've been breaking Shogun shells for two hours and can't get a Wyvern Scalp

>needing superman dodges
Shitter detected.

Thanks, I want to get into bow, but as a secondary weapon, and hear that teo bow is the best but teo is an unfun monster

>Not saving your absolute evade and readiness for tail spin

No, it really is shit. Overnerfed moveset and motion values.

You do realize that impact phials don't actually do a lot of damage right?

>needing to use more than 1 HA

cringe

Red shield gives all axe attacks 20% damage boost

>Never bothered with LS in fear of being called scrub and kicked
>Actually using it right now and it's extremely fun, fade slashan, spirit comboan, sakura slashan, and critical juncturean
h-help, I've become a weeb!

>i abused cb in 4U and now that you have to have a brain to use it it's bad

i love this meme

>轟盾斧【騎虎】

Oh wow. It's the Tigrex blade.

>Playing as gunner doing hellblade for the first time and he enrages
>Didnt realize his backflip/whatever tail smash could reach you literally across the entire field in Jurassic Frontier and thought I was safe to take drink

Shame. It was one of my favorites in 4U

While we're talking about TA, why do people use the kushala HBG? It needs recoil down+1 to fire pierce 2 and 3, so do they only use pierce 1?

Please do not. She is very special to me

Implying. I just use adept since it feels the best. So long as I get a decent kill speed and have a nice combination of flow to both weapon and movement I'm happy. Aerial CB feels fucking awful and feels too close to phial spam bullshit

DB Aerial is different in that regard though. It's tough trying to nail the dodge and use it as a stylish Adept instead of just spamming it.

I will say that on big monsters it was surprisingly effective, but now that I'm moving forward I can tell it's not going to last.