Perfection - Small Box, Small Cab, V6

Chevy Colorado with extended cab, small box and the 305 hp V6. I'm thinking of the 18"s and Forest Green Metallic.

Maybe not ideal for everyone but it would be a cool truck.

Why'd they ruin the front on these things? Box that shit up cmon now.

>more concerned with form over function
the US pickup audience in a nutshell.

>extended cab, small box

Not available in the US due to wheelbase-based emissions laws.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can only get a manual with the I4...

Sad. I always liked the small/mid, RWD trucks with 6-speeds and V-engines.

Back in '05 or '06 someone let me drift their Dakota V-8 6-speed in an empty lot; 'shit was cash.'

I wish these were sold in Europe.

OP again, I'm in Canada. A dealer ran through the options from their configuration computer and quoted $32460.00, without the 18"s. Also, green is no longer available to request.

As for the form over function this configuration is really all I need without being too much. Except with the 305 hp which is mainly for passing on the highway when I'm loaded down a little. The inverse is just as true for huge trucks with all the add-ons but used as a minivan.

Still thinking it would be such a great vehicle. I'll have to wait a couple months for orders to be taken for the 2017 run.

For anyone still hating I am considering lining the bed with wood. ;)

aero for the empeejeez

>paying several thousands of $$$ for a vehicle you can't stand to look at
Yeah, that would be smart

>For anyone still hating I am considering lining the bed with wood. ;)
Why because drop in or spray on bed liners work so much better, are more affordable, and hold up better? Wouldn't want that now "wood" we?

I know, I know ... but some of those beds are really gritty and shred up boxes. Mostly bait statement though. ;)

I actually think the extended cab and short box looks better than the older F-150s without the extension at all.

what sort of weird autism do you have lmao

I use a rubber bed mat on top of my spray in bedliner. Keeps stuff from sliding around and getting scratched up.

Oh man, I always knew I had a particular subset of autism different from the everyday autist.

I just want a kickass truck that is better for my needs without being overkill.
Thanks for the sensible and less artsy/autist suggestion.

Anybody got suggestions about alternate uses for the back seat area, if I get rid of them?

Just buy a Hilux.

>if I get rid of them?
Dude they fold up and store away when not in use. You really aren't very good at this whole common sense, practical approach thing are you?

No.

nice grocery getter m8

Oh man, I never expected this much abuse right here on the internet.

At least nobody said this would be a miata truck.

>Mid-Size Truck
>Short bed

I mean, I want a smaller truck as much as the next guy, it just seems stupid to take it out on the bed. I'd much rather have a single cab with a standard/long and say that people wanting a ride can fuck off.

hahahaha $32k for that?

you can buy a v8 1/2 ton extend cab for that, or for a few grand more get the crew cab

might as well just get a Ridgeline

>say that people wanting a ride can fuck off

Op here again, of course I also want to tell people wanting a ride to fuck off.

The point of the short bed is that it is really all I need. The point of not getting the crew cab is that I don't need it. All the benefits of the truck I need but smaller, better on gas, more maneuverable and easier to park.

>small box
>v6

Are you sure you don't just want an SUV but are too afraid of being called a faggot to admit it?

>unibody "truck"

In case you don't actually haul very often, why not tackle the situation with a trailer? You'll have car mpg when not using it, and when attached it'll do just as good of a job as a light duty truck bed.

better truck than a Cuckarado

There's no real SUV's left aside from the Escalade/Suburban. With the Colarado you atleast get a proper drivetrain with real 4x4, Not a lifted AWD car like most "SUV's"

Subaru's cost as much as a truck and drink as much fuel. Pretty pointless if you're in North America.

>land of SUVs
>can't find a small SUV that costs less than a new pickup truck

>Ford
you had your chance and you failed

This is a good point and you managed to get the insult in there too. ;)

With a truck you can add what you want without paying for comforts and luxuries you don't need. I'll take a V6 over a navigation/entertainment package anyday.

Great suggestions and alternatives though.

$32K can mind you
I don't need or want a v8 aircraft carrier
I don't want or need a crew cab
I see guys with huuuge truck all the time and they're they can't park them or they brake for speed bumps and railroad tracks

>$32K can
canadian dollars

Also, I might just get 2wd instead of 4wd because I don't need that. Would that be a huge mistake?

>having a 4wd system that can only be used on loose/slippery surfaces is a good thing

Well, if throwing memes is all you can do, I guess you should return to /pol/

cute little truck you got there darl

I would personally never drive a RWD car through a Canadian winter, even with a locking diff and good tires. You're effectively screwed if you get stuck.

You only need 4x4 for slippery surfaces. RWD is sufficient 90% of the time. Full time AWD like a Subaru is pretty pointless 90% of the time.