/rlg/ - Roguelike General

If there is nothing else, splatting is what we make it edition.

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8072&sid=450f9af0d66b0370c89e4abc6ef9f8d5
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for rev up your butt hole, real nigga hours start now.

what's HOGI

In danger is what it is.

Gastronok is also on the floor.

pop fog

>crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8072&sid=450f9af0d66b0370c89e4abc6ef9f8d5
Hill Orc Gladiator.

Fog and nope out.. Remember you can use lightning later for a cheaper alternative.

... hill orc going insane?

How much you wanna bet there's an orange statue over there too?

Lair entrance is here too. Gastro died pretty easily with some beserk and injury mirror. Hat of pondering worth it?

Exactly that.

This was what popped up when I googled Hill orc going insane.

i think halflings in dcssca might be slightly imbalanced

Why did crawldevs rename double/triple swords for exactly two versions? What kind of infighting prompted this?

For a bit there was an attempt to make the game more serious tonally.

That's the dumbest shit, kek

That's fucking stupid
Linley is rolling over in his grave

For the guy who requested it last thread. Took me a good amount of digging to find.

They wanted to distance themselves even more from NetHack I guess.

This is the stupidist reasoning behind designing a game I've ever heard of.
>Hey guys there's this fun mechanic I think we could use
>Was it in another game?
>Well yeah but what does tha-
>BLOOAAAAAAT

Not a problem they will run into with NetHack, since no mechanic in that game is fun.

>If you'd read the notes you would see that spells in that branch scale with the highest school, not the average of their schools. Having more schools makes it easier to use, not harder.

oh shit, so I've been wasting half my xp on ice magic for nothing?

I mean I still have 999 spellpower so it doesn't really matter, but still...

you said there was no spellpower cap
the game is a fucking fraud

I think that was the last ca-user who said that.

Halfling is ridiculous though. I currently have wild magic 2, 2 rings of ice and a staff of ice, which brings IMB up to 999 spellpower. I've hit 360+ damage with it.

You mean Lindsay.

Is Uskayaw worth following? If so, with which species/bg combos?

>Is Uskayaw worth following?
Yes. Paralyze the entire Vault:5 ambush for a turn then cleave them all in half with an axe or stomp.
>If so, with which species/bg combos?
The standard Spank'N'Tank stuff with decent invocations.

Is Smeagol immortal? I've "killed" it like 20 times, yet It keeps attacking me

Once you max out spellpower, it starts doing 400+ damage.

I've always enjoyed polymorph self.

rattle in pieces mr skeltal

Uskayaw is a fun god so you should play something equally fun like Ds

It's probably not smeagol. More likely, it's clear worms.

Lair is clear and christ almighty look at this drop.

Also, is the +4 the unbranded has on the freezing make it worth using more?

there's more than one invisible enemy user

you're probably fighting a clear or abyss worm mass

This guy has a unrand plate armor and an amulet

unwield distortion so you don't banish him accidentally

that makes sense. Seamgol's dialogue appeared earlier and it doesn't appear anymore so I probably killed him awhile ago. Do I need see invisible inorder to loot his corpse or does he not drop anything?

Throw javelins at him.

Smeagol always(?) drops a fancy piece of equipment for the extremely early levels he shows up at. He also teleports when you robs you. And the game tells you when you kill him. He's probably still alive.

I'd use it if it didn't shit on my EV

He probably just teleported away. Loot is always visible.

I think in vanilla angband it's probably best to just ditch the level if Smeagol shows up early and you can't see invisible. Otherwise he's likely to steal all your gold and make it really hard to get it back.

lmao fug DDDD:

I hear they have a nice rune over at Snake

I mean.

I can probably get them but its gonna take a while, even if I stop using them.
Banish him user. Don't worry, you won't see him the abyss later. Probably.

Just pop fear and grab it

Invo is too low to get thorugh his MR, I'm guessing it'll be the same with a fear scroll

Creatures of animal intelligence always get feared

Oh, didn't know that, thanks

Which is better: Rupert ghost or Aizul ghost?

And don't worry, I'm not going any deeper than elf:1.

Ok I fell for the ebin ruse congratulations

My trident teleported it away

Yeah, I wouldn't listen to /rlg/ when it comes to very desperate matters. Some fucker told me to use a scroll of silence against Lom Lobon a couple days ago.

I actually wasn't trying to trick you, I thought that was a thing. Maybe it was removed. All's well that ends well I guess

Rupert is the thresher of all things, but I don't know how well he functions as a ghost.

He paralyzes and confuses well enough.
But how about vs Frances?

I'm completely burned out on DCSS. Fuck Vault 5. Fuck Spider 4. Ugh. What roguelike should I try next?

Nethack, Brogue, DoomRL

DEMON

Agility, haste, might and just kill it.

Brogue, Sil, Infra arcana are the best. Elona+ is comfy. Demon is pokemon. DDA for HoardersRUs zombie survival notRL

>getting raped by an invis
>go down a floor straight into an orc party
>run around the corner
>right into a MiBe ghost

I died.

>Silence against Lom Lobon
Why would someone ruse you like this?

Either they were wrong as fuck or wanted to see me fault horribly.

The bitter pain drives the lesson home.

>Elona
>more comfy than DDA

DDA is shit and it gets shittier every month.

Just telling it like it is

Can someone explain how pets in Poschengband work? are they only acquired through capture balls and do they work on any mob including bosses? Can pets level up? I don't see an information on pets in the pastebins and wikis for it.

Neither Elona+ nor DDA are comfy. Both are highly complicated and super-duper grindy in tedious ways. Elona's also badly translated and makes me feel like I'm going insane, while DDA revels in adding bullshit tedious timesinks in the name of realism.

A comfy roguelike would be something simpler and easier like DOOMRL although it's not perfect.

>A comfy roguelike...like DOOMRL
>Rip and Tear
>Comfy

Not really.

>Why would someone ruse you

Deliberately giving bad advice is the only thing that gives me sexual pleasure anymore.

>DOOMRL
>comfy
Please do not use words that you don't understand.

Comfy is snuggling up in bed with a pot of hotdogs and a bottle of Wild Apple after a long day of hacking through living corpses and weathering turret fire.

Try sounding

play a HaCj in DCSS-ca and oneshot everything with magic darts because it's hilariously imbalanced

I'm betting Lerny is much, much better than Frances' ghost. Can I kill and enslave it?

>>>>>>mibe ghost
>>>>>speed 10
>>>>>>>>no spells
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not evoking feet

capture balls, wands of charm monster, the aphrodite demigod power, a few class powers...

oh yeah, and summoned allies count as pets as well

if you want to take them with you to new places they either need to stand right next to you or be inside a capture ball

you *can* have uniques as pets but they have extra chances to resist most kinds of charming

pets can level up if it's possible for their species, but putting them in a ball resets their xp to 0

>have a bunch of food
>live off boiled water and spider meat because I don't want to waste permafood
I can't bring myself to comfy.

Similarly my characters always end up dressed like neckbeards instead of wearing cute outfits because having high storage instead of having to run back home every time you need a tool is less awful.

>tfw finding 4 mutation potions

I'm gonna fucking do it

>wanted to see me fault horribly
This. It was this.

Some shitlord has been giving intentionally bad information to people asking for advice here recently, and if this were old/rlg/ we would have run them out of town long ago.

This isn't old/rlg/, though, so enjoy the wild ride.

Wow the bastard went down fast. Didn't even get the chance to catch his soul like a pokemon.

Boiled water and spider meat sounds pretty comfy. It's a comfy apocalypse, not Harvest Moon.

>my characters always end up dressed like neckbeards instead of wearing cute outfits because having high storage instead of having to run back home every time you need a tool is less awful.
That's what carts are for, lad. And you can always accessorize with cat ears and sunglasses and whatnot.

>old/rlg/ was helpful and a community that would protect itself from shitlords
>new /rlg/ has people intentionally misinforming scrubs for comedy

most places on this site have been turning into reddit, not devolving back to Veeky Forums from it

that is a good thing seeing as Veeky Forums is practically reddit these days with hilarious and original /pol/ humor thrown in between all the neckbeards whining about why their games are so shit

What DDA does well is atmosphere, I think.

Like, why did this guy have a safe full of homemade guns in the basement?

On the map, I always mark those houses as "/k/ommando basement"

in my experience playing DDA it's pretty normal to come up on an arsenal fit for a military base in any old house

Is summon demons worse than summon hydras? Cause I'll dump Frances for Bai, especially since I couldn't catch Lerny.

I value player comfyness over character comfiness. otab is comfy. Mashing the shoot button at imps is comfy. Going through at least a dozen keystrokes to do anything in DDA is not comfy.

An open-world roguelike where you can set your own challenges and play it safe if you want is comfy, but DDA is not that roguelike. UrW fits pretty well, when I think about it.

You can enslave any natural I think.

Post results.

You get so much permafood it's obscene. Do a marauder challenge with no foraging or hunting some time just to realize how much of the shit you get if you stop jerking off all day.

Plus just building a rock kiln or welding together a couple charcoal kilns to throw in a cargo space gets you oodles of charcoal to smoke any extra meat and dry extra forage veggies/berries you get while you fuckbutt around. Once you do the smithing craft chain for a hoe you'll be planting150-300 wild veggies/buckwheat crops at your cache in each town by some metal tanks with metal funnels getting rainwater.

Just keep your crap in your pull cart.

disappointing desu

robust is cool but I hope the rest doesn't fuck me

already had the top 4

You are a lesson for all others, now.

Nah that's bretty gud. Extra EV and hp is great. Even basic threat assessment makes the others irrelevant.

Reminds me of that one comic page of that cyborg soldier government experiment

Most of the military installations you can find in labs are worse equipped (weaponry-wise, they usually have some neat books and gear) than 1/4 of New England's basements.

The one that's mostly wordswordswordswordswords for 4 panels and could be summed up as "got dropped on warcrime by evil corporation, attacked by evil planetary ghost for like 3 years, eventually escaped."?

Too bad it doesn't matter cause you can't hit the side of a house from 10 tiles away with the most accurate sniper setup in the game, 20 perception, and 15/15 rifle marks skill cause of assmad faggots shitting up the code.

Good. Fuck you and your fucking hugnox.
And fuck crawl too.

>Some shitlord has been giving intentionally bad information to people asking for advice here recently

>recently

I've been giving garbage advice since year one, but it's for your own good. In fact, you may remember me from such training videos as "Stair Kicker" and "Violet Molds: A Melee Approach".

After enough horrific deaths, you'll start to take every piece of advice with a grain of salt, immunizing you from the shitty garbage you'll read on /r/roguelikes and the Tavern. You should be thanking me for getting you killed.

Two questions.

1)What should I acquire?

2)Whats the best way to take V:5 with Yred?

>1)What should I acquire?

Gold is always useful.