/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #530 - Running from explosions Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_z8gVVp0I
youtube.com/watch?v=zu4-hseE9DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OmaDfHU303E
youtube.com/watch?v=XOvCwHBfK7M
youtube.com/watch?v=O6SzBJe-NDM
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRPXiqM-Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=Te8RveELSpg
youtube.com/watch?v=3NcAkgXQrNI
youtube.com/watch?v=OeuMHOZ_bcY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xuw7cwzpgg0
youtube.com/watch?v=UFSCRsnICag&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=lhHNURjmDqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fast

Sonic Unleashed was a good game.

>41 posts over
>fast

New Thread! Post your favorite obscure/cut song, I'll start.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_z8gVVp0I

It's a really nice looking game too.

youtube.com/watch?v=zu4-hseE9DQ

I really liked it, and it became the theme of Sonic Megamix (rip)

youtube.com/watch?v=OmaDfHU303E
All day erryday

too lewd
please comic artists think about the children

youtube.com/watch?v=XOvCwHBfK7M
This one is very neat if you've never heard it before. I keep expecting different songs to transition in.

Is someone already working on this? Am I wasting my time? Should I take a crack at maybe a couple of Bump sprites?

youtube.com/watch?v=O6SzBJe-NDM
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRPXiqM-Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=Te8RveELSpg
my favorites are the ones that are obvious as to why they're beta music

Is there a point when we'll have all this shit datamined when it comes out in March?

I so wish they would have made Generations' stages more open. The other day I was replaying Modern Rooftop Run and Modern City Escape and I wanted so much to be able to go off the stage area and explore the city a bit and find cool hidden things or maybe characters. Hell, maybe getting a cool view of the city would have been good enough.

I remember this theme from the Mega Collection preview of Advance 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=3NcAkgXQrNI

Eh, March is seven months away, someone might find use for them in a simple sprite replace hack in the mean time. I'm rusty with spritework anyway, kinda want to get back to it, this seemed like a decent way to ease back into it.

cool, keep doing it

Hold on, what. You're recreating Mania's sprites from the gameplay videos/pictures? Why are you doing that?

Also, I can't ever say no to more Bump

I think that's what made unleashed so good, is that you could do that.

But it wears you out, when the night levels can take up to 20 min to finish each.

I forgot about this.

>There was a time in my childhood when Sonic Advance 2 was new
Boy how times have changed.

>Why are you doing that?
Boredom and low motivation for original creativity, mostly.
>Also, I can't ever say no to more Bump
I'll give it a shot.

o7

That was my favorite part of Unleashed, besides the different hubworlds. If you didn't boost at all and walked around the day stages, you'd find all sorts of neat and fun little secrets and collectibles. I wish they went back to that way of thinking.

so are the SoSfags all out meeting up getting drunk now or aslepe because it's like 2am. SoS was only one day or is it a weekend event?

>there was a time in my life where Sonic and Knuckles was new.

I was so fucking hyped running to the video rental store to play that game for the first time. My store only had a book with names of games, descriptions and screencaps because it was a video store. But I ran in and he was getting the book for me and I was like I ALREADY KNOW WHAT I WANT.

I miss flicking through that book looking at worlds untold of adventure and wonder. That big book of magic possibilities.

But hey, yeah Mania will be good. And apparently fire and ice doesn't suck!

Weren't there like a few SoSfags in this thread that promised pictures of themselves?

It's over m8, Saturday only event.
As for the SoSfags, we haven't heard back from the ones that were going to meet each other, so I think it's safe to say one of them raped the rest. The only one we've heard of went to bed.

Well if that surviving one has a bunch of swag, please only sell it to fellow /sthg/ers. I know that one drawfag is after a coin, but I wanna know what was SoS exclusive or what cool shit was for sale there.

I wanna know what Perfect Chaos won too, she deserved it I hope it was an awesome giftbag!

Well, they were giving out F4F statues left and right I'M SO FUCKING JEALOUS so I'm sure she got something nice.

>Cassia explodes

How does it feel that the true successor to Sonic & Knuckles is finally coming?

nooo

Consider the following:
What if they made a Knuckles game where the whole story was literally just Knuckles trying to get Eggman and other invaders off of his island.

It is open world and can have multiple events happening at different parts of the island.

You can use Knuckles' dig ability to fast travel to any location on the island.

At any point you can go back to the Master Emerald shrine to heal up and empower yourself.

The final boss/event is Eggman summoning his entire Egg fleet to the island and Knuckles has to solo the entire fleet by destroying and ripping apart each and every single airship.

put some clothes on, you slut

Will he come back to finish it, /sthg/?

Said he would.

>Mario's 25th - a £40 rom
>Metroid's 25th - Fucking nothing
>Mega Man's 25th - Cancelation galore
>Sonic's 25th - Two new 2017 games from Taxman and Sonic Team.

When he gets a chance maybe

Who's the other sonic besides No-Use Man and Flatcat?

>>Sonic's 25th - Two new 2017 games from Taxman and Sonic Team.
That's not even including
>Multiple huge parties back to back
>Shattered World finally ending with 300 right around the corner if Sega doesn't pull the plug
>Mega Drive
>Fire and Ice looking decent
>Boom season 2 actually looking pretty good
Take off the name for fuck's sake

youtube.com/watch?v=OeuMHOZ_bcY

>asked them months ago if they took commissions
>they were trying to figure out how paypal works
>months later
>still no commissions open yet
of course one of my favorite fan artists wouldnt be open for commissions

Retard Sally is CUTE!

!!!

Should we mention the movie too or not yet?

Is it sad that I still want an Episode 3? I just hate when games lack conclusions.

>Fire and Ice looking decent

Ehhh... I wouldn't go THAT far.

But yeah, other than that, Sega's on top of their game for Sonic's 25th.

Let's wait until we see the first footage of it. Maybe it's amazing. Maybe we'll throw up on sight. Best not to count it yet.

>I just hate when games lack conclusions
Hope you didn't play Brotherhood.

I have a feeling that through time travel shenanigans, Little Planet in its Ep 2 condition may end up in Sonic Mania. The new GHZ boss sports the modern Death Egg design used in Generations and Episode 2 even. Maybe Sonic Mania will even be about fixing up the mess Eggman left on Little Planet from Ep 2.

An ExplorBeat-Em-Up.

I'd play it.

>wasted like 2 hours of my life rigging and animating Knickles the Knocklehog and he won't go into Unreal because Bone1 isn't perpendicular and there's no way to fix it other than start again

It's like they don't want me to make fan-games.

I want Marine back.

I hate it so much when something like that happens and you have to start over.

Genuinely takes the wind out of your sail.
Oh well, will try again tomorrow possibly, I don't want to give up with this like I did everything else.

>Hope you didn't play Brotherhood.
Played it for a few hours, got Shadow and quit.

I am so fucking hungry now. I want some cupcakes.

Also, Marine sounds like she could be fun

It's on TSSZ
Also take off the name. Nothing against you personally, it's just thread etiquette

Sorry user Google Chrome autofill did that

She's better off forgotten in my opinion. Though I am curious, who is better, Marine or Sticks? They are kind of similar.

I always imagined her returning as a gag. During a tense situation between Eggman and Sonic - perhaps a hostage situation or a trade-off - she and her crew would barge in on a pirate ship and pretend she planned the whole thing. I'd love to see everyone's reaction.

Recent news is in OP.

We just had a talk about it on the /v/ thread, but it's nothing we didn't already know.

Archie already pissed in Sega's cornflakes by setting them up for the Brotherhood debacle, and then they fucked Sega over even more when they bungled the lawsuit against Penders (which all happened at the same time). Sega then set out a ton of new mandates, some known and some not, about what they could and couldn't do with the comic and the characters, all in order to make sure that another thing like this didn't happen again.

Then it happened again.

Now, since Fulop is bringing the suit against Archie and has no real way of proving that he ALONE owns the characters, they'll likely end up in joint ownership, and he may or may not get royalties (probably not) for a few comics from 2013 and onwards (anything before, which is what makes up the majority of the 1000 cases of infringement, is no longer valid for him to claim since the statute of limitations is up on them). So no matter what, Archie's not going bankrupt over the court case.

But Sega's not going to want to deal with Archie after this suit is over - it causes too much headache for something that doesn't make Sega a lot of money, but risks their IP (Robo-Robotnik is now in a place where no one can use him, since he belongs to Penders as of the court case, but Penders can't use him in any recognizable form without infringing on the Robotnik/Eggman trademark).

So Sonic Comics are probably going to be put on permanent "hiatus", while the Mega Drive continuation/successors (if there ever are any) will move to a different publisher.

Sticks by design, Marine by personality.

>maybe a couple of Bump sprites?
that would be great actually
32x bump?

Damn, so it's going to end up like the Megaman comics. Fuck.

Marine is a cool mechanic who wants to have her own adventures. Her character arc is kind of the opposite of Tail's actually, so she makes a good foil to him.

Tails was under-confident and relied on Sonic too much, and a lot of his character development revolved around him trying to get past this. Ultimately, he need to prove to himself, no one else, that he could do what he set out to do. And since he's always had the skills to do so, he did just needed to believe in himself.

Marine's kinda the opposite. She's overconfident and doesn't want to rely on anyone else, but she lacks the natural skills and talent to back up her confidence. Her character development revolves around her actually acknowledging her shortcomings, accepting them, and then ultimately developing her skills into something that she can be proud of (both when she built her own boat and when she manifested her hydrokenetic powers to save Sonic and Blaze).

Sticks is just there for comedic effect.

Sorted it, means I need to redo and reanimate but I know what did it, tiny fucking undoable change at the start of the bastard thing.
Gonna go grab me one of dat dere' Tumblrs so I can stop shittin up the thread.

I don't know how to game development stop me now

user, you will post more of that derpy knuckles

And you will post it now

He's not that cute close up, the plan was to make a real low poly game and half arse the textures so I wouldn't have to put time into possibly making it look accidentally bad.

I'd have some animations and poses but got set back 2 hours.

DO NOT HURT THE CHOA

The the user who requested:
>Bump launching a firework that explodes into a Red White and Blue Sonic Face, while Sage launches one that explode into "Fuck you"

Do I remove it from the pastebin, the requester or someone else? And how would I do it because I never used it before

This looks great

What people are forgetting is Fulop can only sue for reprints featuring "his" characters because of the statute of limitations, which is going to severely lower how much he could potentially ask for. He also has no case whatsoever against Sega directly, and while it's probably annoying for them to have to deal with another Archie-related lawsuit any corporation has to have a legal staff on hand to handle any frivolous lawsuits.

Fulop is basically just asking for everything under the sun to increase the chances that he'll get something. It'll probably end in a settlement, Archie will can the reprints and digital archives, and the comics will continue on as usual.

I don't know about you but I'm cropping the last two panels and using them as reaction images.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xuw7cwzpgg0

Amazing, user.

Also I updated the wall and moved the request to the Filled Requests section. If there's a credit other than user that you'd like used, just let me know.

>she just dropped the match on the floor to light the rocket

Thanks dudes, I might do some more tomorrow

I dunno, aren't people on here generally funny with that kinda thing?

>spoiler
Yeah, but generally anons don't raise a fuss if you sign your stuff, and using a name to be credited in the drawfag wall seems to be okay too. Use them sparingly and only when strictly necessary and you will be mostly fine

youtube.com/watch?v=UFSCRsnICag&feature=youtu.be

Someone uploaded the voice actor panel from the 25th anniversary.

As said, signatures on art and credits on the wall are fine. It's unwarranted namefaggotry in the threads that rile people.

About time! I hated we missed it in the stream.

I don't usualy sign my artwork asides chucking my tumblr URL in the corner, but I've stopped doing that now although to be honest I might as well get in the habit of doing that in all my artwork especially my stuff for Uni.

I suppose just credit it as Garaco

Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=lhHNURjmDqc

>What if they made a Knuckles game where the whole story was literally just Knuckles trying to get Eggman and other invaders off of his island.
knuckles chaotix

Sign your fucking artwork man.

Just no trips while posting

It's not mandatory though, so do as you please.

Thanks, user!

looks perfect! awesome drawing

absolutely sign your stuff, no one should ever get mad about it and if they do they can go fuck themselves. careful about namefaggotry though, that's different from signing your shit and is usually just straight faggotry

What a dick.

HI, sthg how are you