Why does noone care about this car?

Why does noone care about this car?

Because calling such a meh car an NSX is an insult to the NSX name.

Because it's an abomination and an insult to the true NSX.

Bonus Question: Why are people so butthurt about this great car?

What does NSX stand for anyway?

It was never in Initial D.

Nissan SuX.

this

OG NSX was simple and awesome and was as pure as a sports car could get

this is just some techno jerk off

it'll be fast, but the badge is all wrong

hopefully they release another s2xxx with a manual and an NA motor to make up for it

Negroid Spic Xstacy

It looks like a car you blow up in call of duty for fun, and nothing else.

It was better when they called it the GT-R.

I have to buckle up for this shit post

The old one was pigfat and only had a 6 cylinder from an Accord.

Looks like a generic "supercar" with an angry Honda face. Also no laptimes for the busriders to argue over, yet.

This, to some degree. NSX makes you think of a lightweight MR sports car, as opposed to a heavy AWD hybrid. Interesting as it is to see performance hybrids it's a completely different vehicle to the original.

>NS-X, which stood for "New", "Sportscar" "eXperimental"

>Although the original name was retained, this time it was defined as "New Sports eXperience"

amongst other reasons, because it's extremely expensive for what it is.

Civic Raceing Xtreme

I does not R8 very highly

lmao what a piece of shit

Because this isn't 4 years ago .

That's forever ago in sportscar terms which makes it old news. Unless car can deliver LFA-tier driving zen, it's doomed to be forgotten before it ever got started.

>great car

The car has done nothing and offers no new innovations. Not to mention that few people have actually driven it.

Have they even made it to their customers yet?

I don't understand why people have a problem with it just because it shares the name with another car.

Seriously, it totally boggles my mind. Do I have to be more normie to understand it?

>offers no new innovations
Sure it does. Name a Honda that has all this.

tell that to the new Ford GT which will cost more than twice the price of the new NSX, with what appears to be marginally better in performance figures...

Because it doesnt have an anemic V6 with a shit interior like its predecessor. They're mad that honda tried to innovate, yet they're the same ones who blast honda for making the same cars over and over again

pig fat.
senna wouldn't have let this happen.

nice McAudi

because there is no passion. The passion behind the Acura brand is gone.

It's a great car - but it's ten years too late.

Because we waited almost a decade for it, then it came out and it's ugly as fuck, overweight and definitely not in the spirit of the original NSX

The original NSX:
>purpose built for handling and responsiveness
>widely renowned for being one of the greatest driver's cars of all time
>simple styling
>not heavy

The new NSX
>hybrid computerized drivetrain designed for muh laptimes
>is the slowest hybrid supercar on the market
>styling is busy, trendy, and will not age well
>is heavy
>would put a frown on Ayrton Senna's face

>audi
It's an Acura, dummy.

To be fair, the new NSX acronym is different from the old one.

It's technically not the same model line.

The new NSX exists to boost Civic sales... Civic owners can bench-race the NSX and feel smug about owning a Honda. The Corvette is the same. When Veeky Forums debates best brand, the Corvette represents Chevy, not the Cruze and other shitboxes that make up the vast majority of Chevy cars.

The difference between the Corvette and NSX is: Former Chevy Cavalier owners eventually grow old, retire, and buy their hero (that's why the median age of a Corvette buyer is in his 60s). Many former NSX fans and former Honda Civic owners will now be in their 40s and looking for a mid-life crisis car... but the new NSX is priced too high to take advantage of that market. NSX sales will be miniscule compared to the Corvette.

Because It was designed by americans for americans. Not by the japanese and not by the people that helped work on the original.

this nigga knows whata up, Senna ia prolly rolling in his grave or something

No,its pure autistic butthurt

looks like a woman styled it. Might as well turbocharge a miata.

BUT I HAVE TO GO ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SYCOPHANT THE CAR AND FORD AND MARKET THE CAR FOR THEM, OR I'M NOT ALLOWED TO BUY ONE!

THAT /MUST/ MEAN THE FORD GT IS SOMETHING TRULY SPECIAL

Because the GTR is a better car for less money.

A woman did in fact style that piece of shit

Same difference. They're both "luxury" brands that rebadge FWD cars from their economy brand.

No user, you have to be *less* normie to understand

"Introducing the brand new Acura NSX! So advanced it is going to guarantee the last gen's continually appreciating value!"

yfw signfeld and leno fought over who would get the first one

now both of them dont want it

Basically this.

>The old one was piglet
2002 NSX-T (the car you posted) 3,153 to 3,208 lbs

2017 NSX 3,803 lbs

>Because it's an abomination and an insult to the true NSX.

>Because calling such a meh car an NSX is an insult to the NSX name.
>OG NSX was simple
>NSX makes you think of a lightweight MR sports car,
>The original NSX:
>>purpose built for handling and responsiveness
>>widely renowned for being one of the greatest driver's cars of all time
>>simple styling
>>not heavy

wow all this butthurt and people don't know the original NSX turned the supercar market on it's head and was at the point in time the most advanced shit on the market.

that's pretty heavy considering it has less power than a v6 mustang

It made about as much power as a porsche while being heavier than it even though it was made from aluminum only while the porsche was made of steel.

It stands for new sports experimentAL

Purists btfo

It sounds a lot like Honda's version of a GT-R, given all the added technology and twin turbo V6.

I guess that's why people don't care or don't like it.

no one cares about Senna, you just use it to parrot about something

this
god knows how heavy that turd would be if it was made of steel

might have been lighter, you need less steel for rigidity than aluminum.

It seems like they chose showcasing tech rather than focusing on making a timeless classic.

>sub 300hp car costing at least as twice as a brand new fully loaded WRX STI while performing the same as mentioned
>a timeless classic

>showcasing tech
>not the original purpose of the original NSX

top kek

>i'm completely void of reading comprehension ability

>the purpose of the orginal NSX was to showcase tech without being a timeless classic

top kek

I don't think they expected it to be a classic in the 1st place.

They took a huge risk and it paid out for them. Which was why it was at such a low production till it got popular 5 years after it's release.

Yes, because the last thing designers have in mind is making a classic.

it was designed by pininfarina while this was designed inhouse.

they couldn't afford the risk with the last NSX. so they reduced development costs since they had to scrap it over and over again because of the DOT

It's a Honda, and everyone knows Honda fanboys just shill their used Civics/Accords because it's literally the only thing they can buy that is a bit less boring than a Corolla.

just like you shill your muh passion italian cars while being able to afford a shit ass 1.3 diesel shitbox?

>lets not risk making it a classic

k

>New
>Sportscar
>eXperimental

What's so new and experimental about an electric motor driven awd, with revving mp3s playing in the cabin to pretend the engine has guts? Plenty of other FASTER supercars out there with it for the same price.

>Not naturally aspirated, no vtec, even more pigfat, limited visibility, and it has done far less than blow its competition out of the water.

Honda literally created this car to ride the coat tails of its previous success, it's got nothing in common. If you go to a supermarket and buy powertools, do you still call them groceries? It's a blatant attempt to use nostalgia to market itself to retards.

>revving mp3s

>honda
>making disposible cars istheir business model
>making classics

>Honda
>making breadbox cars that are thrown away every 3 years and new models sold
>making classics

Next you're going to tell me Mazda has prestige older than Fiat

Could easily have bought a older car like a Alfa 159 or whatever, something much better than the shitty Civics you fags shill.
But I prefer to buy something that isn't 10 years old :)

glad you finally get it

was meant for Honda did not make the NSX to be a classic, it being a classic happened completely by accident.

Performance oriented Electric AWD and turbolag gap compensation is relatively new

>revving mp3s
you mean pipes that give you intake sound? they don't use electronics for that.

>no VTec
it has Vtec you retard, you think it only applies to N/A Honda engines?

>Has done far less to blow it's competition out of the water
There are only two cars on the supercar list that you can daily drive.

The 570GT and the 911.

>most exciting honda ever produced
>intended to not be a classic

k

but you didn't, you dumb poorfag. you've bought a fucking 1.3 diesel shitbox.

>Relatively new
3 years old and counting. The NSX isn't even out yet and its already lost the plot if it wants to live up to the "N" and the "X" in it's namesake.

>Revving mp3s
No, I genuinely mean playback of recorded audio. There are speakers behind the drivers seat similar to the setup in the brz/86.

>Vtec
It announced it would not have vtec.

>Has done far less to blow...
Yeah, the 1st nsx led the way for all future generations of fast sports cars, this NSX is just a shittier version of the porsche and mclaren hybrid supercars, that has had more time in development and will have lower specs.
You can't say that it's a affordable/budget supercar either, because it's not. The original NSX was, but at 80,000k back in the day it was fairly expensive, but not modern day audi r8 kind of pricing, unlike the new one.
They've got no reason to have the NSX less highly specced out than its 3+ year old competition if they are trying to pioneer racing technology and create a new flagship to rally behind.

Because its 4 years late and no one really has a boner for it when the Ford GT is in the make, Lexus LF-C in the make, and Mercedes is already changing their designs.

t. ricer boi with a $1000 torqueless civic """""""""""""""""""race car""""""""""""""""""""

I'm not sure you understand the difference in price between the nsx and a fucking Porsche 918

>fiat shitbox
>better than a civic

top kek

>Designed by Americans
>burns up faster than corvette
>not mr
>AWD
>hybrid
>autopilot
>pigfat

>Soichiro BTFO

>bought a sub-300Nm Fiat cuckbox instead of a 159

Christ, Refugeelad. Why would you do this to yourself?

Not as boring :)

Serves me pretty well tbqh.
Would love a 1.9 multijet, but the newest restyle only has the 1.3 multijet available.
I'll remap it in the future so I can get 250-260Nm of it.
Pretty good for a car that weighs less than 1200kg.

I work at the Honda plant next to the small place they make the nsx. See them driving around every once in awhile.

>lol can't rev diesel shitbox
>not as boring

tip top kek

try not being a cuck that can only afford shitboxes instead

>160k vs 1.5mil

god dammit user.

Also I understand that it's 4 years too late, but that has more to do with the economic situation than anything.

>muh revs
>can't produce torque for shit

Meanwhile I'm here at 2000rpm making more torques than your mom sucking your stepdad's dick.

>muh revs

god damn, revs aren't worth shit if there isn't enough torque for daily use. You can rev to 2 million and make 1000hp but if you only have 2ftlbs of torque you aren't going anywhere.

>torque

top kek, my chevy 350 truck makes more torque, why would i need torque in a sporty car to begin with

rev up that buyers remorse, cuck

>why would i need torque in a sporty car to begin with
lol, I don't even have words user

you are such a dumb fag

LS swap it. Torks and plenty of horsepower.

You can have the best of both worlds.

>using retarded examples

>cucked by euro taxes so hard had to buy a diesel shitbox
>buyers remorse

top kek, its better if you indeed stop having any words about the subject

>poorest of the europoors
>diesel shitbox
>muh soul, muh pashon

top kek, this tripfag is like the most stereotypical eurocuck ever

Seriously I don't get why you idiots hate this car.

What the fuck made the old NSX so special that its now your precious pedestal car. There's at least 6 or 7 of you that are saying things about the old NSX that are blatantly wrong and show you really have never been around one, much less driven one. Hell, I'd bet most of you weren't even alive when the car went on sale, and were barely 10 when it went out of production.

So what gives? What legacy does the new NSX have to live up to anyway? Or are you just mad there aren't popups on this car?

how is it retarded?

it's like using an F1 motor in a truck. high revs are enjoyable but not exactly usable

I bought a diesel because I wanted one :)
Diesel is literally the future of ICEs, you're just to dumb to undertand it.

>so mad he even forgets to quote my post

they're mad it isn't simple, which the original NSX wasn't at the time it came out.

Pop-ups would be a significant improvement tbqh

>I wanted a 4 door, diesel shitbox that makes no power
KEK!
spoken like a true cuck