Everyone talks about LS1 swapping an RX-7

Everyone talks about LS1 swapping an RX-7.

But has anyone ever rotary swapped a Corvette? If so, how well did it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3T4g2jnNy8
carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-Cosmo-1990/SSE-AD-3945952/?Cr=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not well, blew apex seals in a month

rotary doesn't have the power to tow around anything over 3000 lbs

should have gone with a better ls

I would do it for laughs if I had the money. The big issue would be cooling.

The obvious solution is more Doritos.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3T4g2jnNy8

The corvette's cooling system can't get any worse as it is. So it's not like overheating matters. Or exploding....

>tfw you will never buy a Eunos Cosmo and C7 Corvette
>tfw you will never flip-flop the engines and make erryone mad
>tfw no aerovette

Just owning a Cosmo would be enough for me.

>Fox News
>fair and balanced
pick one.

>foxnews
they know their target market.

>corvette
>not exploding, malfunctioning or overheating before it can complete a lap
pick one

You can buy one for the same cost as a new toyota 86. It's not like they're absolutely impossible to get.

I was actually thinking more of a C5. And as far as I know the issue with the C7 Z06 is the retarded design decision to not have a heatshield between the catalytic converter and the oil cooler. Engineering teams presumably didn't talk to each other. Nothing a cat relocate and a heatshield can't fix.

>having to spend hours modifying a car to prevent overheating after you just spent 110k on it
Yea, no. The C7 corvette is a piece of shit.

Not saying GM didn't fuck up, was just explaining that cooling airflow and coolant routing isn't the problem. GM always manages to screw up a little something in otherwise nice cars, like the 10 bolt rear end in third gens, etc.

There's one on my local craigslist for $10,000, been there a while too so who knows what it'll end up going for

The supercharger is undersized and acts as a heat pump
The ecu is also programmed to drastically cut power whenever it's driven hard to protect the extremely frail and unreliable engine, regardless of temperature

....Are you sure that's not the oil being cooked and thus making everything hot?

This reminds me of the Chevy Volt fire recalls
>IIHS crash test car catches fire 2 weeks after the crash test
>Fox News "THEY'RE ALL GONNA CATCH FIRE IMMEDIATELY AFTER A CRASH! THIS IS WHY ELECTRIC CARS ARE BAD!"

1 incident TWO WEEKS after the crash and suddenly it's a death trap.

Fox News, where reality meets fact and says "see ya"

I suppose it just goes to show how many people in Veeky Forums are NEETs / basement dwellers / underage if they think a cosmo's the holy grail.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-Cosmo-1990/SSE-AD-3945952/?Cr=0

I think when most people see "Cosmo", they think of the sports car from the 1960s, which IS a holy grail.

When I think of a cosmo, I think of those cosmopolitan drinks. Had one once. tasted like gasoline but the bartender could've just been a moron.