797 lbs-ft of torque per tonne

>797 lbs-ft of torque per tonne

When did you realise the greatest car of all time was made in the USA?

actually it was designed in the UK and built there

then modified for the USA

But that's just a Elise, OP.

international effort, user.

>YES OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A BAIT THREAD
B-but I like that car

lolcan'tturn

When did you realize torque is entirely irrelevant for a performance car

CAN IT TURN THO?

no /spoiler

>torque is what makes a car feel fast
>feeling fast is fun
>fun is why you drive
benchracers get out please

actually that's its ability to turn overcoming its ability to drive straight.

>he's too stupid realize that power if a function of torque and rpm for ICEs.

well I guess we just need to rev to 10 billion then

>more fast than the pigfat eurotard w16, quad turbo bugatti
>with a tt v8
>HAHA BUT IT CAN'T TURN SO WE WIN XDXDXDXDXD

>implying it can't turn
anyone can post photos of crashed cars user

>When did you realize torque is entirely irrelevant for a performance car

When user realizes he's a complete retard

If torque was the sole measure, an AMG Merc will BTFO it. Or a V10TDI Touareg.

Face it, it's a meme car for benchracers and rich poser faggots. Murrica has much better god-tier machines like the Ford GT, the Saleen S7 and the ACR Viper. Henessey is just a ponzi scheme to rid people of parts and money in exchange for pretty dyno charts.

This.

What are the qualifications for a production car?

>Ford GT
>Saleen S7
>ACR Viper
you've provided no proof any of those cars are better than the venom

ACR viper sets lap records everywhere

I remember when that destroyed the veyron record
so much yurobutthurt was had that month

still doesn't prove it's better than the venom
or even faster round those tracks, seeing as the venom never attempted a lap time there

didn't a v8 TT lamborghini diablo replica also beat the Veyron?

>hennessey

Even the name is marketed towards basketball americans

Not true, but the modifications are all done in the UK as well, not far from the Silverstone track.

Not according to the people who count, Guinness.

Slower than the road legal production Radical with a 2.6.

Depends, in old NASCAR it was 500 cars

>tfw no twin turbo courvoisier

25 for the FIA 30 for Guinness and most governments.

>Comparing a GT car to a literal barely road legal prototype racecar

I like the way this looks, like a Saleen and gallardo had a really fast kid, but the baby was adopted, and raised by a ten year old company in washionton, and could barely afford to make any of the cars, seriously where do you even get the money to start a performance car company now a days?

>pretending the viper acr is a merc sl

If you look closely you'll realize it has Lamborghini Diablo heritage, that's because it's built off a lamborghini diablo replica chassis which the company used to make. Diablo Kit Cars.

Figured someone would say "muh Guinness"

The venom is faster. You just can't deal with the fact that Europe keeps on putting out fast cars, and America answers with faster ones. (Ultimate Aero was faster than the veyron, now the venom is faster than the grand sport veyron). I'd bet that the chiron will eventually be faster than the venom, and then we'll answer with something better. Deal with it

The Viper ACR may not be as practical as some other track-focused production GT cars or as Comfy but it's the only car i know that can beat-down on Hypercars while not:

>having kit-car tier quality (i e looking like it was made by crazy russians inside and out)
>needing an engine or specific internal mechanical refresh every so often
>being based on a regular production car instead of starting from scratch to create some prototype car which would be the obvious and easy choice for anyone trying to make the fastest whatever.

The only thing i could personally theoretically compare the Viper ACR to in terms of it being defined to a class of its own would be something like another track-ready production GT car such as a Porsche 911 trim that can also match hyper-car tier performance. but no such car (as far as i'm aware) exist.

I would say the RuF Yellow-bird 911 based car comes to mind. Blistering as-fuck fast speed for its time and probably today while still based around a existing production GT car and (i assume) not requiring any special maintenance beyond that of a normal high-performance car based on an existing GT car chassis (i-e no engine refreshes).

Better in what? ACR sets pretty amazing lap records and Vipers are very competitive cars meanwhile Venom is known only for durr it goes very fast on a very long straightway.

>benchracers don't see the difference between a stripped GT car and a road-legal prototype.

The sheer amount of idiocy in this thread is amazing.

you can't bring laptimes into the discussion if you don't have the venom's laptimes too you moronic simpleton

Falling for the bait
The venom is a Franken car built to attempt to break records. A chebby engine in an exige that can only go straight. It probably can't even idle for too long much less do laps on a track.

>A chebby engine in an exige that can only go straight. It probably can't even idle for too long much less do laps on a track.
where do you get your information?

Bait accepted, would rather have a Vette

Make claim to be faster, can't back it up by making the required two runs because it had a massive tail wind helping it on run one,

>He says the viper is a GT car
>The Merc sl is a GT car
>Therefore viper = sl

>more fast
top kek

and it isn't faster, couldn't even do a return run

let's not forget it isnt a production car

>Radical
What's the retail on that thing?
And doesn't it need a team of engineers to start it up and an engine rebuild every 1000 miles? Not sure that it's a fair comparison just because it's street legal

>What's the retail on that thing?
like 10 times cheaper than a venom

>registered as a lotus elise
>ensambled in the UK
>couldn't make a return run

top kek

its trash

>waah it's not official so it doesn't count
you brainwashed tard

Everyone who posts this shit is a confirmed benchracing fag who thinks a fucking car is better than another cuz muh laptimes , jesus i hope its a meme and people actually dont think like this

>torque per tonne
what a retarded fucking metric, this is easily the most moronic thing I read all day

>waah waah i dont understand how top speed runs works

stay mad hennesey a shit

>this assmad

Can make a return so its simply not a offical run, thats the benchmark that has been around for fucking forever.

How s the bus?

>projecting

sure it's not recognised as a record but lets not pretend the venom didn't hit 270mph

Dem weebs

Can it turn though? Straight line performance is only a part of the equation

no, an american once torqued some of the nuts and caused all of the turning ability to disappear