/vn/ - Shut Her Up Edition

Visual Novel General #1159

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v13630
vndb.org/v7361
vndb.org/v11911
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Can we please stop posting new threads early because of the stupid English-translated meme?

>english thread with ugly as fuck art
lmao EOPS

It's just old, man. That's from the Sagara Family, brought to you by the same brilliant geniuses who gave us Virgin Roster. Might as well be ancient by now.

If Subahibi doesn't come out today I'm ending it.

God, I hate this thread so much.

I think I'm the retarded one, because I don't see what's wrong with the OP. Isn't it identical to the last one pretty much?

then become a janitor and enforce board rules and watch as the thread becomes dead but also quality when all the /jp/ shitposters are behaving. or go find Ti9 and save us all.

This place is for all Japanese visual novels not just English-translated ones newfriend.

Reminder that this is the containment thread as it is the worst Japanese related general on Veeky Forums

I own Rance's 4 months old daughter!!

Are there Isekai VNs?

EOPs have gotten nothing but mediocre VNs for a while. July was a terrible month for them with all the shit that happened, and now uncensored Maitetsu and Baldr Sky will never happen since someone who somehow hates h-content more than Dovac is now in charge.

vndb.org/v13630

Incorrect, that's what /jp/ is for and these threads exist because it's not the same as /jp/, but thanks for trying anyways.

Rance has it's own general. Don't post it here until like 725

vndb.org/v7361

Translated into English

Just finished Umineko. Boy was that one hell of a ride.

Always knew user was a bastard

This is an English-translated Japanese visual novel

It's not too late to learn Japanese, user.

1. Rance Quest is quite clearly an RPG. You spend most the time level grinding in quests

2. It's not translated

3. It quite clearly belongs in the Alicesoft/Rance General instead.

These graphics are pretty variable.

>A visual novel (ビジュアルノベル bijuaru noberu?), also known as a sound novel, is an interactive game,[1][2] featuring mostly static graphics, most often using anime-style art or occasionally live-action stills

Taken from wikipedia

>static graphics

I guess that answers the question about whether you have ever played Rance Quest.

The character sprites, CGs, and facial expressions by the text box are all clearly static, and it is an interactive game

What are some visual novels I can't read?

Megaman Battle Network confirmed for VN

vndb.org/v11911

Sure. This thread's patron saints are Witcher 3 and Planetscape, MMBN is closer than either of those.

If the Witcher 3 and Planescape are already in English though and not translated from Japanese then shouldn't they belong in the english-only general?

When was the last time we had a thread that didn't start with 50 posts of pure cancer?

He's got a point.

>mfw EOPs have to look forward to a Sekai Project """"""""""""translation"""""""""""""" of Baldr Sky

Don't disrespect Aroduc, he's our guy. He does justice to what he works on, even if it takes a lot of liberties.

Never. /vn/ has always been shit.

speaking of Aroduc, how much time would I have to sink into Kamidori if I'm a slow player but still want to finish all the routes?

To finish all the routes? Not long at all. To finish all of the various random side characters' stories, a decent while. NG+, basically all of the content you can't do in the first run, is something like 50% of the game's content. There's a batch of like 8 levels that are basically at the level cap.

well, shit. I have a completionist bug that's hard to shake, which is why I was putting off Kamidori after I finally finished my slog through Yumina.

Just do it. I've played through Kamidori to near completetion 3 times now. My files keep getting nuked right when I'm near the end.

Kamidori is more fun than Yumina.

Also you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped the story.

I had an epiffany

A cat is fine too.

Could you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

>yumina
>a slog
Kill yourself, you tasteless pleb.

Repeat this meme one more fucking time and I'll fucking end you.

it just got tiresome doing the same thing after the third time, especially since I wasn't smart and didn't do the girl I didn't like first. it would've been a lot better if the battling wasn't overly formulaic, I feel like over half the skills put in the game are unnecessary and will never be used since there's only a few "kinds" of battles and they kind of force you into using certain setups. if it was a lot less constrained it would've been better and allowed for experimentation.

Fuck you, retard. It was never meant to be a meme until people started copying me.

Kirara had the best route by far, which was a bit of a shame. I wanted Aoi to be best girl, because she's voiced by Asami Imai.

I didn't like Ai or her route so it was really painful that I didn't do it first, should've saved kirara for last. still, if the arcs didn't have so much overly repetitive and formulaic battling I could've stomached it better.

The gameplay was incredibly stale after the first playthrough. Counter, counter, hit with whatever, heartbeat. The fact that being 1 level below meant you did nothing or being 1 level above meant you couldn't cast shit because of the way the color system worked was horrible.

Yeah, the battles were really annoying at times. Especially ones where you were forced to do multiple battles followed by a miniboss battle without having your move counts or health restored between battles were especially painful, like that Carrier one.
That being said, Kirara's route was thrilling and Ai's route was very interesting. Yumina had a letdown of a route, desu.

Haha, friend. That is some anime tier shading and bloom to hide the lack of detail. Would you like to see my favorite tiltpost? I will post it if you want to see it! I also wonder why you're posting a VN that I can't read, nor want to. Have I recommended Ikikoi yet? I highly recommend it. I don't think a pseudo-JOP like yourself would enjoy it, though. Also, I would be remiss if I didn't dedicate the 54th post to Saber. Pic unrelated.

To say nothing of the True ending. That was pure autism.

If you cram a few more memes into this post, it might be worthy of some (You)s

Unironically the last good week of threads was Post-AX where we stopped EOP/JOP, Ikikoi, etc. memeing and just took the time to come together in mutual hate.

Holy fucking shit. I thought I had finished the damn game.
I've beaten every route three times each, but never finished the Ordacle because it was so boring, so I never even knew there was a true ending. What happens in it?

Great thread.

Just download a complete save file and play it, words don't describe the level of facepalm I felt after reading it. The worst part of it is getting the damn level 10 skills so you can even do it, so at least the file will save you that grind

Yumika

Great post.

Huh? Does Ayumu knob Yumina's mother or something?

Yuminas parents come back, a new character who does nothing is introduced and everyone goes outside the universe to fight elder beings

It's not worth it in the fucking slightest. I wish I could go back and not play Yumina, it was just grinding with no pay off.

Thanks, friend. Let's end it together if Subahibi isn't released today.

These info dumps are torture famalam

I wish, she just comes back

Turns out the ending in Yumina's route isn't quite how it went. The evil universe can't be stopped that easy, so they wind up taking control of their universe like Ayumu's mech and they fight the evil universe. Meanwhile, Ayumu's dad and Yumina's mom show up as ghosts who aren't actually dead and say they don't want to come back to life. On the flip side, Ayumu and the girls decide to stay in heaven with the universe mech thing and kill other universes for LULZ.

Witcher 3 is originally Polish so it's a translated VN and belongs here.

That sounds absolutely fucking retarded. Holy shit, why the fuck did they do that? Thank god I never saw it in-game because that would have left a really bad aftertaste.

You really should play it, his rundown doesn't do the stupidity justice.

I may in the future do so regardless of how bad you guys describe it, because it's one of my favourite VNs, but at the moment I'm busy with CoBlo and Dark Souls 3.

Does he end up with none of them or does it become canonically Yumina? They better not have.

There's a gag reel epilogue thing to advertise future projects from the company, it's a harem deal from what I remember.

The SoL parts or common route of Yumina was great, too bad the heroine routes were shit.

Any indication of 18+ Labyrinth? Anywhere I can look for updates for when?

The more time passes the less I want to buy it

Last update they were 35% done with the extra content. Prioritizing all ages version of Rakuen though.

It's so disappointing no more of Eternal's games got localized.

All the Kamidori talk got me to reinstall it. I have the base game, 2.00, and appends 1 and 2, plus english patch 1.1. Is this the right versions?

Yup, that's it.

>Prioritising all ages
Sekai logic is heavily flawed.

Not just prioritising, but leading a crusade to eliminate H content from the english market.

When did you realize pirates are killing this medium?

It's just western industry, so who cares.

When I also realized that Dovac is the unsung hero of visual novels.

This medium wouldn't exist without piracy.

Wrong, pirates are a symptom of the medium dying. Instead of cracking down on pirates, they should provide better alternatives to get content so that pirating isn't such a ready solution for people to get their fix.

>buying into the false narrative
Good goy, turn your anger against the fans.

Why can't JOPs just stick to their own containment board?

We can see in this thread that pirates simply don't want to pay.

Japanese industry sells worse than the western one, hence why developers are abandoning that sinking ship

This.

Fat Gaben was right. Piracy is and always will be a service issue. I used to pirate a ton of games but nowadays I rarely ever pirate because you can get most of it very easily and at a cheap price so I have no need to pirate.

Why is Fata Morgana's OST so good?

>attempt to load up Imouto Paradise
>you need sdmeter to load this
>look it up
>drm

Well fuck, now how do I get past this?

Is that the new HD version with animated scenes?

>new HD

No idea, it's been up on eroge for like a year.

Alright, I'll admit I'm having a good time. Yuzu is cute as fuck, I'm glad to finally be on her route. Can't wait for OHOHOHOH.

yeah

Post your 3 favorite BGMs of it

Who the fuck is Yuzu?