You couldn't make it up

GM have been forced to re-recall thousands of cars across Europe after it was found the previous recall to prevent the cars bursting into flames was causing fires.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/business-36330439
news.sky.com/story/1698609/vauxhall-in-second-costly-zafira-recall
itv.com/news/2016-05-19/vauxhall-zafira-recall-what-you-need-to-know/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In other news, Mercedes and Bentley had to recall all their cars outside of Europe, because the wheels tend to fall off spontaneously. European customers may remain calm as this doesn't breach the emission limits.

[citation needed]

Mostly true.
GM recalled a group of cars they had recalled because the fixing the fuze which let your heater catch didn't stop your heater catching fire.
Bentley didn't bother to tighten up a bunch of wheel nuts.
IDK Mercedes.
How's your whole stop start airbag thing anyhow.
I have a man who is paid to worry about all that stuff.

>car manufacturer orders recalls
Wow much surprise very meme

A well informed anonymous source suggests that Ford may be in talks with BYD and FCA about a merger, thus creating a car that has bland styling, is poorly made, and has the reliability of Model T. This action will create dozens of thousands of new jobs in America for immigrant workers, mostly in spare part manufacturing and servicing.

Ford is yet to address this.

American cars. Not even once.

Shit, I believe it. Here in Bwrgerland I'm waiting for GM to finish building the parts they need to fix my valve cover gasket. This is the same valve cover gasket that was already recalled, in both cases because they can weep oil which can drip onto the exhaust manifold and cause a fire.

Yes, I have been waiting about two months for the parts which they quoted me at 5-10 business days. But that's OK, because they recommended that in the interim, I do not park my car inside.

Pic: Gasket paper.
I had a car that I could not park over inflammable things because the exhaust would make that happen.
The manual had pretty much those words in it.

Not that I don't believe it, I'm just curious about the source to see details. In my opinion almost all newer cars made today by anyone are a shit. I have an '02 WS6 and I'm in no way a GM fan boy, but I love the car for what it is, and feel it represents the end of an era of simplicity in performance and vehicle manufacturing. I also DD a Volvo 245 which I feel represents the end of a different era; that of vehicles which were not built as a planned obsolescent appliance, but to last a lifetime. It's already at 260k and show's no signs of slowing down; Hell, people have gone well over a million miles with them.

We live in an age where reality is distorted, where profits outweigh making a quality product, I try to excuse myself from that kind of backwards thinking. On top of that, there is no responsibility when it comes to these manufactures; the fact that VW got so much guff and media attention for fudging their emission numbers, but GM was well aware of the ignition failure which was getting people killed and didn't do anything about it is sickening.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-36330439
news.sky.com/story/1698609/vauxhall-in-second-costly-zafira-recall
itv.com/news/2016-05-19/vauxhall-zafira-recall-what-you-need-to-know/

Next time learn to fucking google rather than expecting to be spoon-fed line a 2 year old.

>doesn't source claims
>gets mad when asked for source that should be in OP
>proceeds to damage control after this post

Source: The recall notice GM mailed me. 3800 Series II stronk!

Not to say that I don't like my car, I just find it very funny that this is a thing.

>"beauty" cover
kek

Why do people not learn?

GM is garbage.

MODEL T RELIABILITY?!? I'LL TAKE IT!

(dude those cars are over a hundred years old and most of 'em will still turn over.)

Yeah, I already removed that thing. Until they start building engines out of plastic, I'm happy not pretending that engines are made of plastic.

I guess you are really remarkably stupid aren't you. I haven't made any claims simply demonstrated how easy it is for anyone to find the story without behaving like a spoiled toddler, I'm sorry if that upset you.

damage control: the post

top kek

BTFO

>come over to visit parents
>primefag why don't you get a newer car (my car is pic related)
>that car is going to leave you on the side of the road bla bla bla
>it has high miles yada yada yada
>get a safe new SUV or a 4-door (have no kids or GF)
>you have a decent job why don't you get something newer
>explain how new cars are a shit
>boring econobox appliance cars with slushbox autotragic transmissions made in China
>only new cars I care for are so riddled with technology that distracts from the job of driving
>my car had a recall for the seatbelt locking up and the distributor on the V6 model
>explain how new cars have recalls for shit that can kill you (wheels falling off of Rolls-Royces, steering wheels falling off, etc.)
>instantly the news comes on with a story about how hackers are hacking RFID-equipped cars to break into them
>parents get real quiet lol