Brake crust

I am trying to get this shit off but i dont know what to use. The aluminum finish is already fucked so idk about that but help i need to clean these so i can dip them!!

Pressure washer, wheel cleaner, plus sponge to get harder stuff off, the after you're done polish it with any old dedicated polish.

Couple cans of brake cleaner cunt giv'er a scrub with the dish brush and shebberight

What kind of monster sponges do you have this shit os like 4mm thick.. Ill try the pressure washer tho

The sponge is for loosening it, not removing it. And you're gonna want dedicated wheel cleaner, nothing works better.

try a wheel specific cleaner and go at it with a tooth brush. if your shit looks like that, you may need something more abrasive like one of those kitchen sponges, never used them on wheels before though. You could always try wheel acid, that shit takes off everything.

pic related, how can you let your wheels get that dirty?

Same shit happens to me, it was coming off in chunks that looked like paint chips

I had to sand the fuck out of it and re paint them

I wanted to try ironx but I couldn't find any in stores just online

Instead of plasti-dip that only lasts a year or two max, take them to a powder-coat place and have them media blast them clean and get a powder-coat any color you like.

I powder-coat'ed my rims almost 10 years ago, still shine like new.

Brillo pad fine grit sand paper and some clear coat tb.h f.a.m.

Wait if you are going to refinish then leave out the sand paper and clear wail on that bitch with the brillo

Sonax. Spray on, let dwell for 5 mins, agitate wroth a sponge or wheel brush, pressure wash off.

The stuff is expensive, but there is no better brake frome remover on the market today.

If all else fails, try this stuff. It dissolves iron.

I uh bought the car and the one wheel was like this the other 3 where fine.

About how much does that cost?

Hundreds where as plastidip costs like 20 bucks. Just dip em, looks good and protects them.

>Hundreds

wtf

I got my motorcycle frame, wheels and numerous other parts stripped and powdered for like £80

Yeah I got a quote for my bbs's to get powdercoated and they want $300 for all four wheels not bad considering a new set of wheels will cost 3-4x that amount

I paid ~280 USD for all 4 rims media-blasted and powder-coated.

>wheel cleaner
>bristled wheel brush
>pressure washer
You're done.

Exactly, hundreds, Or you can just plasti dip them and reapply every few years for 20 bucks a pop. If you get bored or it chips, you just touch it up. Shits legit desu. I wouldn't powder coat stock wheels.

Iron out.

brake cleaner