Inb4 hybrid

inb4 hybrid

blog.caranddriver.com/rumor-honda-to-celebrate-its-70th-anniversary-with-new-s2000-roadster/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8LAesEdEVLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

imho hybrid today is kinda like turbocharging

Gud

The front styling screams "Acura"

I see Honda is suffering same-face syndrome by making all their vehicles have that exact same face with the LED light strips and all.

>picture is just an artist concept
>they have no platform for a new S2000
>Honda saying it would get a detuned version of the 2L engine from the Type R
>S660 will never come to America

Get your fucking shit together Honda

It will be sold by Acura instead of Honda in the states. Meaning the symbol will be the Acura symbol... so yeah, its no longer a Honda S2000.

That's just a render, and there have been many different ones. The rumors circle all the time, but lets face it, it probably wont happen.

not getting excited about anything until I see confirmed weight numbers

Honda is probably going to look at the sales numbers of the Miata/124 before they make any sort of real decision I would imagine.

Price will be the other huge factor if it ever gets made. I would bet 100 dollars that the MSRP would start high 30s to low 40's

>Honda
>caring about sales
>not saving their Acura brand by competing against Lexus
Honda is slowly committing suicide.

What if RWD with optional front wheel electric hubs? For dat regen braking/occasional AWD

Mini actually talked about/demo'd this in the Superleggera Vision concept, although I doubt Honda would ever have the balls to put something like that in a production car

>S660 will never come to America
No shit, it's way too small for America.

Kept hearing this rumor. Also some user told me a honda dealership said something about a new S2000 around 2017

Hopefully it looks kinda like the S2000. Sporty and unique.
These renders always looks so giant and fucking averageish

Honda announced that IF they make an S2000, which they haven't even confirmed that they will, it wouldn't be before 2017

Give me das new Sports Study Model S2000 honda

Eh that argument would work if I didn't see Smart Fortwos all the time every day. The S660 is actually 1000mm longer than the Fortwo.

The S660 is over a foot shorter than the Fortwo though.

They could imho just use the good ol F20C engine, the one in S2000 and enhance it a bit here and there. Slap a turbo in it and good is.

That fucking first reply:

Built by the same people that brought us the NSX, so the 2 liter engine powers some sort of generator that runs a toaster, when the toast pops up they release a balloon which carries a match stick that is dragged along a box, igniting it, and is then carried past a fuse that gets lighted which leads to a small rocket that fires off, scaring a hampster in a wheel to spin, moving the car?

Fortwo is 106.1"
S660 is 133.7"

youtube.com/watch?v=8LAesEdEVLk

It's actually pretty large for what it is.

Why don't you just say meter you fuck

That's literally how engineers measure dimensions and it is in meters cunt, millimeters

I could only hope that this is REAL.
If I could put some baseline specs that I'd hope for it'd be

At least 300hp, 200t
3000 pounds sounds about right
Make it rev to 9k
0-60. 4s
Put a 2.5l in it and then turbo it

>Wants turbo and 9k rev
Ya I don't think you know how turbos work

you can pull it off with a turbo, it's just if the turbos can handle the exhaust pressures without dying or the engine having a really low CR

Nothing is that easy you faggot. Not to mention the F series might not even meet emissions standards anymore

>you will never see an na monster rev to 8-9k ever again.
Even ferrari had to strap snails on for muh economy and emissions

The original nsx was gorgeous and I'll never own one. why live?
I'll probably never own an ap1 either.
I should end it all. Sick of this shitty world.

Sure if the turbos spool at 7 and pull hard till 9 but that's useless, you can't have a turbo that spools from 3 to 9

you have no idea what you're talking about pal

It'll be shit.

Tell that to the CRZ.

end it all by jacking one amigo. take it to the togh, pull off the sickest drifts the world has ever seen and if you're still alive, run it off a cliff at 90mph

i expect to hear you on the news amigo.

That's the life of being lowered

Lol wrong thread

But yeah they're cheap to replace I'm just a lazy fuck.

WHERE'S THE S1000 HONDA
WHERE

Some people try so hard to be funny

>power to weight ratio is all that matters
A good driver could launch the NSX better than newer cars with traction control, until the GTR came out anyways

Wouldn't it be easier just to make the AP1 again? Nobody wants a "new" S2K, they want the S2K.

Doubt it would pass crash safety now, or if it did, the scores would be so low as to be rejected for production

NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND LITTLE TWO DOOR ROADSTERS NEED TO BE SAFE FOR MOM AND THE KIDS

Not saying it couldn't be done. Obviously Mazda and Fiat got the ND/124 past crash safety shit without too much trouble.

This brings me back to what I said in the NSX thread the other night, the only chance of getting an S2000 that wasn't shit is if Honda had brought the S2000 back first.

Now, if a new S2000 ever actually gets made, it will be made in the image of the NSX and it will be a huge fuck up (Same bullshit Lexus tried too pull when they attempted to scale the LFA down into the RC F)

And it's sad because a decent S2000 would have been the only thing that might have made me wait on pulling the trigger on a 124 Abarth

Good way to go. Is it bad that the closer to death I am the more alive I feel?
But first I want to make sure there is a police chopper to get a good video.
I want to see how long I can out run them.

2018 s2000
>No Vtec
>3500lbs
>$70,000 pricetag
>Hybrid
>AWD
>automatic only
>7,000rpm redline.

So long as their prices stop skyrocketing I'll have one in the next 5 years. Gotta hit that grad school up first...

commencing nsx dump because honda will never return to this glory

You're only making the cuts deeper ;_;

Well, it's not aggressive. It's just like an air intake, or a really happy asian man.