/rwg/

People's Colony Edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

how2prevent tantrum / tantrum spirals?

I euthanize the dodgy ones and it worked so far.

I installed Vegetable Garden it's pretty fucking sweet but I hate having to craft cotton crops into cloth, my crafters don't have the time for it

Avoid colonists with -ve traits, clean up your house of blood and bodies and only use your lavish meals and booze when close to breaking

I don't know, but I recommend getting some sort of less lethal weapon because having to incapacitate berserk people by getting your dog to tear their arm off is not a sustainable strategy

Workshops. Also, get Misc Robots. Hauling Bots are literally the best fucking thing to exist, and two cleaning bots permanently keep your place clean. I love it.

busy day

Finally got a chance to unload 15k corn/rice and get some more medicine.

>tfw the pirate trader had jack shit, not even a slave

Play tribe and work your way up.

They're adorable.

>flyTRAP

hot

oops :(

I couldn't resist

don't they count as a colonist for matters such as population cap and the AI increasing difficulty?

I mostly rely on pigs hauling shit

64 year old deep cave maiden, also a nurse.

>sleeping sickness
>flu
>malaria
>sensory mechanites
>constantly cleaning vomit

Do I avoid falling constantly sick if I play other biomes?

Probably? But dude, they're cool as fuck little roomba dudes. How can you not love them?

If you're playing jungle, yes.

steal le memes of production /b/rothers

>A chunk of spacecraft has crash landed nearby

Generally "nearby" means somwhere in the vicinity of my base, the term you really meant to use was "has crash landed into one of your colonists bedrooms mere moments before he was about to walk in and go to sleep".

are there any torrents that aren't IGG?

>3 guys get muscle parasites
>one of them is an ex-raider with a peg leg who's already slow as fuck
>he later also gets gutworms
>he now spends more time walking, eating and chilling in the hospital than actually working
Fuck off

Why not igg, are you racist?

beta uprising

>motherly 64 year old nurse trap

unf

oh hello, it's my good friend ORION CORPORATION MAIN BATTLE TANK, yes join us for some horseshoes

what a nice guy

>raiders attack
>some faggot's brother is a raider
>dies
>mental break: daze (my brother died)
>stays up for two days wandering naked while under starvation and exhaustion
>mental daze ends
>walks to the fridge to pick up food
>immediately mental break daze (my brother died)
>starts wandering for another day or so until he collapses
>no option to rescue, feed or treat him because he's still blue (in a daze)
>try to arrest him so I can at least save him
>no longer a member of the colony and has to be recruited from scratch
Fuck mental daze. I wish I could just right click to slap them silly until they come to their senses.

What kind of fucking mental daze is this where you spend three days naked without food and no one can ever help you

>>no longer a member of the colony and has to be recruited from scratch
Just release him, he'll rejoin your colony

I'm pretty sure you can just arrest them straight off the bat, they should stay colonists under most circumstances. They might not want to be arrested though, so try sending a guy with a club or some sort of pacification weapon, I know mods add some stuff that's supposed to be for subduing and capturing but I don't know if there's anything better than just beating them with a club in vanilla.

what happened to the "catharsis" buff they used to get after spazing out ?

Is there a 'rooms" mod where I can assign areas only a specific person can walk in to

Somehow bugged and not active atm

There is a don't disturb mod that automatically forbid doors once the occupant sleeps but it gets tricky early game or bug infestation

So theres no way to build small cottages and assign them to colonists that restrict others from coming in ?

So I learned the hard way that doors are appearantly held open by debris, and colonists drop whatever they are carrying when attacked by a pack of manhunter boomrats....

Guess that's a restart.

nope, how about trying to make a mod yourself! :)

Okay, so apparently those 15 eggs those nice corporate guys left me were actually fertilized, and despite being frozen, hatched all at exactly the same time in my food supply

We're chicken people now

im glad we have non save scummers here

People actually savescum?

Well shit then

You could make allowed areas that include everything but the hut

yeah would you believe that

how awful

it triggers me

I don't save scum because I turned off solar flares and I'm so good I never fuck up so badly that I have to restart

>turn off a challenging aspect of the game
>good
lol

>turning off a single event you find annoying in a game makes your incredible skill void
okay friend but I have mods installed anyway I'm pretty sure they fuck up the balance more than removing the 0.01% chance that you die because a solar flare disabled all of your turrets and all your crops died and it's winter and then a bunch of tribals showed up

>letting someone wander around in a daze instead of arresting them

And what user above said, if you release them, they're immediately back to normal.

Get the mod that allows multiple Allowed zones, and set each colonist to have an allowed zone of the map, minus other colonists rooms.

Of course. Permadeath mode or bust.

I save scum if any of my colonists die.

I think theres a limit to how many different areas i can assign

I want to set them to unrestricted so they can explore the whole map, while staying out of peoples homes

Then have the allowed zone be the entire map, except that room. Give them each their own allowed zone.

>some fuckwits wandering around our village
>Goose, showed them the might of excellent assault rifle
>boss and mercenary captured
>we don't need no bosses around here
>release the boss
>boss starts berserking
>taken down by oldfart tortoise with health problems
>Show mercenary how we do things in here
>Release mercenary

That's too much work

but ok

>diagonal doors
hey now

>Make allowed area
>Set person to allowed area
>Set allowed area to that room
>Manage Areas
>Invert area
Tada. So fucking hard, right?

what? That's a tent.

How do I find these bots?

I have the mod but have never seen one, are they buyable?

>tent
what?

It is when you can only have 5 areas and you have 6 homes

Did you READ the mod?

v.funny desu

a tent, to protect supplies from outside environment. I know it looks just like wood but trust me, that's a tent.

Forgot to strip her naked :^)

>tfw when you unleash the bears for the first time
godspeed my friends
also how do I take those personal shields and put them on my bears

Goshaw saw she had a nice clothing so she cought her and did her thing in the granary.
As for goodbye, arrow.

Animal gear and bionics mod when

Get well soon

>left kidney
>liver
>heart
fantastic, the surgeon is inspired

Do we only have one liver?
I thought livers, lungs and kidneys come in twos and you can always survive with just one

hahahaha

You only have one liver, but the liver its self can actually regenerate its self to some degree even if you cut some of it ooff

Sorry
I don't even know what the liver does.
I know kidneys filter the blood and hold proteins and good things while letting the bad stuff go into urine

my good man i hope this is bait hahaha

>people like thes are the ones who don't know that fertilized eggs can hatch

I know eggs can hatch!

I once got 4x cobra eggs (fertilized) and I turned them into cobra omelette because fuck dealing with cobras

>not putting the eggs in a nice cave and raising an army of cobras
the gestation period of grizzly bears is a bit long and they take a while to grow up but my army is slowly building up, I wish I had cobras though

on the rimworlds gun safety means the more guns you have and the more you use them the safer you are

>fill cave with cobras
>seal the entrance
>install an air conditioner and set it to just low enough to make them uncomfortable but not low enough to kill them
>wait until they resort to cannibalism and fight to the death
>the sole survivor gets to live

good thing he's only a baby bear or one of these bullets might actually hit him

that's some pretty sick animal abuse, good idea

My muffalos just ate all my plasteel leafs

>using the metal plants mod

> raiders coming from the east
> ok time set up positions
> raiders decide to go through the wall of the ancient danger building that was in their way (by blowing the walls with incendiary grenades)

tl;dr I reloaded

Why do savescummers even play videogames? Wouldn't you'd rather watch a movie?

Shit.

that little shit in the corner :^)

Because sometimes you just want to continue playing with a fort

Welcome to mountain bases 101: Mountain bases get fucked by bugs.

Evacuate everything while you still can.

Wall it off and set it on fire
It's the only way

Place Incendiary IEDs and cook them. Place IEDS everywhere in your bedrooms next time.

Build turrets around the door and have someone shoot the door open

Guys, how do I tame megaspiders?

Okay I'm going to build turrets inside now

So i both embrasures and shields installed, do they function the same?

That's dumb, why can't I have nice things in my village

I really should just murder this guy and take that spear, I could just order a spaceship online and have it delivered to my colony and trade the spear for it and win instantly

embrasures are walls with holes in them to shoot through and are OP

shields seem like better sandbags, I don't even know why they exist or what they're supposed to represent or how they are supposed to be better cover than sandbags or why they are called shields

>getting attacked by bow and arrow wielding peasants in the year of our lord 5502

Won't your guys trip your incendiary IEDs?

>lmao pila headshot instakill

Opened the door with a grenade and then molotov'd them. The wooden floors burned nicely, they went down around 370°C.
I could even air the place out by deconstructing some walls and managed to save my furniture.

Thank God for molotovs.

You know what to do