/ovg/ - Dapper edition

Volunteer needed for orginising Friday(day selection not final) touge meetups.

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/time/map/
youtu.be/KxGRhd_iWuE
youtube.com/watch?v=SEamIN_OgfY
imgur.com/a/GT6mB
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc
youtube.com/watch?v=73mCml74aXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NFS CARS PORTED TO SIMS WHEN

That car

>Type X 180sx
No thanks.

Automobilista, Raceroom Racing Experience, iRacing, Live for Speed, rFactor and rFactor 2 are the the only simulations you will ever need.

>and the only modern simulations that are actual simulations

If you actively play any other game featuring cars that was not listed it is NOT a simulation.

Reminder that OVG86 will run at Saturday 20:00utc.
Check out at what time it is in your country with this timeanddate.com/time/map/

And GTA London

hektik/10

Fucking end it, everything i am reading and seeing in tutorials i just can't translate into going and actually doing it. I will never be able to do dank drifts. Even with all the info people have given me. I tried doing every turn on this course and shit the bed on all of them. Spent hours doing this, pathetic desu.

I can't get the steering and angling down, i must be giving it too much throttle to initiate the traction break and get in on the corner. I don't know what i am doing wrong desu.

git gud fag

youtu.be/KxGRhd_iWuE

Just keep on praticing

>Ooh baby baby come on
>Looka bomba

What did he mean by this?

You're missing the entire fucking point. Practice.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
how do you not understand this.

Have you guys compared your times against real world laptimes?
Like say, nurburgring records and shit.
>tfw 40s of the record pace of the Nismo GTR
feels batman

Can't get rF and the 86 to work so rip.

The Nismo GT-R probably has proper tyres on for that time. Not road tyres

Explain your issue? And before that, have you tried a clean install?

As I can see there your force feedback is very low, go and set up that properly so you can actually feel your car. This is very important since drifting is all about balance and since you're not actually inside the car the only way you're gonna feel the forces is through your steering wheel. Also, be more gentle in your steering, but I think that issue will solve itself when you fix your ffb.

We have an autistic shitposter with a broken wheel that drifts, if he can do it, so can you.

So whats the verdict on Gran Turismo Sport lads.

What this guy said Never stop and never surrender!
youtube.com/watch?v=SEamIN_OgfY

Ah well, I also only have like 2 hour tops at the ring.
But perfect track conditions and less physics and fear unlike in real life should give something closer imo. I made a ton of mistakes too, I can see myself cutting 30s without them.

Clean, full, install. I explained it a few threads so I'm sorry if you already read and provided advice because I couldn't get it to work... anyway:
Wheel doesn't work properly, degrees of rotation doesn't match, or when it does match it gets fucked after a bit of driving.
Clutch and brake for some reason refuse to work, I load them again and again but still give me shit, especially bad because I can't shift properly and it breaks the engine.
I tried real force, LeoFFB, vanilla with adjustments.
Maybe I'll do a lite install and try again from there. Anyway, I might get it to work just before the race.

To be fair to the other user, NFS:S2 S2000 driftposter uses like 180°? or something like that, so it's easier in fact.

>NFS:S2 S2000 driftposter
Like a fucking clockwork.

Jesus tapdancing christ

Stop replying to him

Alright. I'll make an imgur step by step on how I install my rfactor from scratch.

Damn, thanks a lot.

/ovgAA2/ again when?

>tfw I was the least popular kid in the school

drifting in NFS shift doesn't count though

I think you missed the point I was trying to make.

How does the Miata compare to the mod version?

So Assetto Corsa is 40% off right now. Do you guys think I should get it or wait for the summer sale? please respond

Didn't know there was a mod version of the ND

the japanese pack one is the ND, while the mod one is the NA, and both are very high quality
unless you're talking about the cup version, in which case the japanese pack version is miles better

Mmmm fiberglass

just get it, it's TONS of fun

40% off is pretty gud

They may have gone too far in some places.

I know, I have a pirated pre release version. I just don't know if it's going to be even cheaper a month from now.

It's a hotlap game basically, although there's a new external system to organize races with multiplayer.
I really like it, 40% off sounds great, plus the DLC is cheap (really easy to pirate if you wanna try them first).

I recommend picking up the first dreampack for nords. Jap pack is nice too

These fictional race cars Polyphony made were always awesome. I'm just not a fan of these hyper futuristic (read: completely unrealistic) Vision GT cars or however they're called.

>there will never be a Alfa 4C or Jaguar F-Type GT3 car
Feels bad man

Why couldn't they just give Callaway Competition a phone call and render their C7 GT3 instead of designing their own?

>AC

Okay, i will get back at it. Will up my FFB. Thanks for the support m8s.

The car lineup is going to be GT3 sized.

I have no problems with that.

with a GT5 Prologue menu setup

And a few racing variants.

Some cars have been slowed down (i.e. the Vision cars) to put down lap times comparable with the FIA-approved real world race cars

Won't be playable for at least 300 days, so, who gives a shit?

That's over exaggerating. More like 180ish

>someone thinking PD can hit the first release date they announce

lel

I got somewhat gud at drifting with rf1. I just downloaded project d and a bunch of touge tracks and kept doing it until I figured it out.

Those are some nice bullshots. Can't wait for it to come out and look exactly like GT6.

>All these fantasy race modifications on real world cars

My GT2 is back, but now I get a livery editor. The lack of optional aero packages or even an aero kit that resembles a race always hurt my relationship with Forza.

>LM versions are back

hhhhgggggnnnnnngggngngngngngn

They will. Screen capping for future reference.

Have you skipped the part where it's released on the fucking Playstation 4?

>on the fucking Playstation 4
So a mid tier pc from like 3 years ago?

Does anyone want to run the touge on the tofu delivery server?

>what is closed platform performance optimization on equivalent hardware
fuck off PCuck

It can be optimized as much as they can of course, and I do think it will look good.
But there's bound to be shortcomings, or corners cut here and there.
I don't know how close the demo run they did is to the release version, but you could already notice a few things were off.
My point isn't to shit on the PS4 or GT, but rather, let's not pretend developers don't know how to make a game look flashy on a console until it's actually in your hands and you start noticing things.

Doesn't fucking happen any more retard. I haven't seen a single PS4 game that's looked any better than what the PS3 can do.

Need to have your eyes checked then.

t. sony fanboy

I don't even own a current gen console, idiot -

Then you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

how about you check Destiny/GTA 5 on ps3 and ps4 first, then try to troll later

imgur.com/a/GT6mB

Here it is. I made it as fool proof as I could. Now you should be able to honour us with your presence now.

Why are you so dense ?
I need to own a PS4 to know that Drive Club has its graphics not matched by any PS3 title ?
Same thing with Killzone Shadow Fall, Ratchet and Clank (2016), Star Wars Battlefront (a fucking multi-platform game)

Seriously you shouldn't have left

Go back to /v/

What do you guys usually play on?

Do we have any servers?

>We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Fuark, thanks a lot, really. Cute Miyuki.

>not even the legend natsuki where she actually looks good
t r a s h

cant fucking wait...
youtube.com/watch?v=73mCml74aXs

but it looks like they are going to focus on more ballsy cars and less faggotty shit like VW beetles.

i also hope that list does not include 20 iterations of the R34.

I hope it does

TIME
FOR
TUBBY

I love my dad (pic related)

Do you love your dad /ovg/?

>be australian
>housing bubble
>games are good $50 more expensive
>tramp stamp on flag
>everything is venomous, from dogs to sisters
>mommy has a belly pouch
>ping 400+ with data cap to slow down on that supersonic 1.5 Mb/s """"Internet""""
>struggle to load up about:blank
>smear vegemite on your wooden cables to boost the signal as petrol shaman instructed
>have a Gaytime that is hard to have on your own
>celebrate National Sorry Day
>go to Canada as a girl, get drunk and frostbitten during a nap outdoors in February
>go to Bali and get burned
>be tasmanian, be inbred
>get cancer due to the lack of ozone layer
>get glassed
>get fucked by Wei Long
>get shot by Muhammad the Pinoy
>get stomped by emus
>get kicked by cassowaries
>get stung by platypus and live in horrible world of pain for months
>get bitten by spiders in your closet
>get in the water and step on a venomous sea urchin
>get stung by a 4mm jelly fish
>get curb stomped in kings cross
>get privilege checked in lelbourne
>get chlamydia from koala
>get anthrax from wombat
>get fucked by kangaroo
>get rused by NBN Co. site
>get invaded by chinks
>get bit by snake in shower
>get kids stolen by dingos
>get laughed at by everyone on /int/
>get nuked by fucking Brits of all people
>get mocked by New Zealanders
>get outside and fall into the pit because the world literally hasn't rendered yet
>lose all wars, even against allegedly lesser beings
>huff petrol, bubble and drink cow piss from a goon sack
>2 0 1 6
>0 * * 1
>1 * * 0
>6 1 0 2

r34 is one of my favorites but PD really loves to dilute the pool of cars with them. its cool when its a shitload of tuned for race models but do we really need so many iterations of the stock ones?

like take 2 or 3 good specimens from each generation and call it a day...

Looks like it has potential but I'll still won't hold my breath till I see the final product

besides a few let downs like missing tracks or cars and delayed features has there ever been a GT game that you regret buying (besides the PSP one)?

you know its going to be good.

I didn't buy the PSP one because I'm not a cuck and didn't fall for the PSP meme when it came out. I regret GT6 desu, probably the worst one

i got the PSP one just so i could finally race people online...

>he isn't on the C1 loop irl right now

Hello Mr John F Gumball Jr #88

>1 7 3 8
>7 * * 3
>3 * * 7
>8 3 7 1

b
a
n
a
n
a

A-almost

dont forget to vape while you're doing it

>that filename
>cringe
But gratz and keep it up.

keep going, friend :^)

>tfw I can't even manage this much
fuck m8

i'm thinking of lowering the rotation of the wheel so I can countersteer faster.

Don't use a crutch. Just keep practicing and watching the drift bible