/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/Me4NL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>people actually like the Frozen chink ripoff
Where did the general go so wrong?

So i broke down and bought 50 lootboxes do i open summer games or regular ones?

Dont really give a shit about the summer games skins apart from zayra and genji maybe.

First of all you're a faggot second of all regular loot boxes since you don't care about summer shit

Is it even possible to buy normal loot boxes right now? Aren't they all summer unless you acquired some before the event started and haven't unpacked yet?

All loot boxes are summer boxes during the event, except for boxes purchased prior to the event.
-
Re: OP img: Biotic is on a CD. Shields dont regen in combat. Tracer Recall is on CD. If you pick healer, dont bitch when people ask you to do your job, shitter.

>makes a new thread BEFORE bump limit so he can have his shitty ifunny meme as the OP image
I hope you get nothing but Hanzo players in your games for all eternity.

You are correct.

Genji is completely balanced.

Hana Song

>Never played Genji before
>Pick Genji on Numbai defense
>end match with top eliminations, damage and even got a pentakill with his ult
Nerf this sick shit

Welcome to Veeky Forums, where the neckbeards are so thick that only overweight chinese knock-off characters seem obtainable to people.

But user-kun I am a Hanzo main

How would /owg/ fix defensive heroes?
A big issue with the current meta is how there's an entire class of character that's completely worthless past a competent skill level. Torb used to be decent at defending, but for some reason they made it so it takes twice as long to upgrade his turret without improving any other aspect of his character, rendering that ability useless once the opposite team starts getting a foothold. The rivet gun is great, but that doesn't justify picking him over another hero who can plink people at a distance better.

I think one of the strongest issues with defensive characters is how one note they are. They don't have the dynamism that offense heroes have and as a result, are really predictable and really easy to counter, Bastion is probably the worst about this. I'm fine with a couple heroes being casual play tier, not half the goddamn cast.

>never play zayra because of shitty pink hair
.decide to use her once
>destroy enemy
>easy as shit to block damage and protect teamates

>But user-kun I am a Hanzo main
Exactly. Every Comp game someone else will pick him, you will never main him again. Every >quickplay game you play your team will be 100% hanzos and get rolled.

If dubs Genji is the most OP character in all of vidya ever and he shouldn't have the reflect ability.

"""""""high skill ceiling""""""""

They aren't going to buff them because shitters will complain again

I have nothing to post that hasn't already been posted.

Lets just ignore DVA and Zen guys hahahaha - Jeff Cumplan

How the fuck do i aim on consoles, especially why moving?

I cant play Hanzo, genji, lucio to their main strengths because I cant et consistent hits or aim while moving.

Wish I had a good PC to play this

They fixed Zarya by giving her blonde hair, then they nanoboosted her by putting it in a ponytail.

I instalock Hanzo in comp (I actually have a sticker on my TV for this reason and if someone else does I pick widow and complain until they switch.

I'm the best Hanzo because of my aim so I hardly never lose

is a stupid slut.

Doesn't the PS4 have its designated mouse and KB?

>Playing TF2
>Big smile on my face the entire time and laughing hysterically as I run around killing people and getting away with it. Even when I die, I'm happy and it makes sense to me why I died. It's never complete bullshit.

>Playing Overwatch
>More often than not, I'm upset by how slow it is, how faggots are always hiding behind a bitch-ass shield, people having stuns in a fucking shooter game, and insta-kill faggotry that doesn't involve aiming.

Here's how to fix Overwatch.
-Remove all of the tanks, they're all a mistake
-Turn McCree stun into an ability silence
-Make everybody run at Lucio aura speed

This would be a good start. You'd all thank me later if I were allowed to punch Jeff Kaplan in the face and take over the balance team. I know you're going to be like "this user doesn't know shit and I'm already mad at his proposed changes," but I'm sure you're all frustrated all the time. Trust me, you guys don't even know what fun is. I would make this game ~ FUN ~

>How the fuck do i aim on consoles, especially why moving?

You buy a XIM4

Do you guys stay in the same lobby or leave and re queue?

>How would /owg/ fix defensive heroes?
Junkrat, Mei and Hanzo don't need fixing. Widow is also pretty strong in capable hands. Bastion needs to die.
I think the problem with them is, a lot of people use them as offensive characters. Going off alone to fight the enemy team instead of guarding the flanks, controlling the area and disposing of priority targets. Snipers and Bastions in particular have never heard of moving to a safe spot when the enemy targets them.

>nothing about ult removals.
BAKA.

>Junkrat listed as a defensive hero
>Hanzo listed as defensive hero
>Soldier 76 as an offensive hero
>symmetra is a SUPPORT LOL
Whole game is stupid

So we agree of this right?

Nerf
>Genji
>Zarya
Buff
>Winston
Remove
>Mei
Don't change
>the rest

You're an idiot
Don't post

Twitch shoot. It's what I do unless I'm someone like Zarya/Soldier.

Did someone happend to ruin your Q of the game recently?

>>Zarya
heh...

IT'S TIME TO KICK HANA OFF THE TABLE

>lose six matches in a row in the same lobby while super-tryharding every time
>at that point don't even feel like playing anymore
>think "I'm close to leveling up, so I'll stay in this lobby for one more match, but I'm not going to put in any effort at all."
>play Genji on defense and only throw shuriken from a distance the entire match

>we win

Stay if it was a good match, leave if it was a stomp either way.

You fix defensive heroes by first fixing defense as a role.
With the way the game currently is (this is mostly for Capture points maps like Anubis, Hanamura, Volskaya) offense has to only win ONE fight to get a full cap or almost a full cap.
Defense on the other hand has to essentially teamwipe the enemy team for the entirety of the round timer, over and over, without a single fuckup.
They need a game-mode like TF2's 5CP, where both teams fight over a set of control points in order, each point being closer and closer to the enemy base.

>nerf genji but lets keep D.VA and Zen the same.
fuck off idiot.

Defensive heroes are fine. They are effective in casual games and medium-to-low skill games which is where you would expect heroes focused on area denial and survival to excel.

There's no way to make the defensive characters viable at a higher level without larger team sizes or giving them comparable DPS to the offensive classes, at high skill a character's TTK is going to be the most important aspect.

Well, I reached level 25. Time to start playing competitive I guess.

As Junkrat.

Why the fuck do I have to wait 2 minutes for every match even in qp?

The game is not yet dead

>mfw people in chat call Mei OP

>I know you're going to be like "Your ideas are shit and you just blow ass", which means I win the argument
4/10 got me to reply

which overwatch girl has the hairiest pussy?

Fuck off Genji

>-Make everybody run at Lucio aura speed
Fuck off scout main, you're literally the biggest turd right behind Soldier mains and Demo players who never take their hands off the sticky launcher.

set sensitivity to max and turn the aim assist down a lot

That comes later. I agree most of the ults are really unhealthy for the game, but the ones that I'm okay with are Tracer's Pulse Bomb and Junkrat's RIP-Tire as they break up turtle faggots

Ana.

I'm looking for anyone on EU whos willing to team up, currently lvl 81 and I wanna lvl a little in Quickplay. Reply if you're interrested.

If it was true, surely not her.

Probably just remove 'defense' classes and repurpose the heroes into DPS/Tank/Support

I'd say move Junkrat/Bastion into DPS
Mei/Torb into tank
Hanzo/Widow into support.

Obviously they'd all need reworks except for maybe junkrat.
I'd say the first thing to do is to remove the headshots from widow and hanzo to make them on par with Ana.

REAPFIELD STOP

I've been using a modified version of this since launch and it's great. Who /never lose/ here?

>Mei/Torb into tank
>Hanzo/Widow into support.

Never go full retard.

Consolefag here
So how different is the meta right now between PC and console?

On console these are currently considered "OP"
>Mei
>Genji
>Zarya

In theory he is. In theory high skill cap balances high reward, but that has always meant imbalance in competitive games. A balanced game has the same cap amongst all characters. That's a pipe dream, but Genji was specifically designed to break this.

Drop his HP to 150, decrease his shuriken damage to 18 each, buff Swift Strike to 80, and revert Mercy's ult nerf, so to help curb Zenyatta's popularity.
-
Mei LMB disables abilities while in process of being frozen. Mei wall permanent until destroyed or Mei releases it, but can be destroyed by friendly fire.
Hanzo up to 150 damage, scatter to 85/shard, sonic to 10s cd, scatter to 6s cd, scatter can headshot. Remove speed penalty when drawing bow. Decrease time to full draw down to 1.0 second.
Torbjorn gets 0.33% fire rate increase for both weapons, and can make armor with 25 scrap. Turret no longer on CD.
Bastion auto ejects from turret form when destroyed, and if he does, shift is placed on 10s CD. Doesnt happen on explosive or headshot.
Widow give back animation canceling, and give back 30 shots in sniper clip.
Junkrat, faster fire rate and faster reload, shorter CDs.

t. rank 41 /a/ shitter.

If dubs, you are a pleb idiot who can't stop shooting at a genji for a few seconds until his counter is over and he's defenseless.

Hence why the characters need to be reworked

Reading comprehension?

Meh

sounds like the same shitters I see on PC

>meta
>console faggot
Fuck off

>say something very retarded
>DURR CANT U READING COMPREHESION XD
kys ty

>cheating

>if I protect Bastion I enable his behavior
>if I don't protect Bastion we're going to be playing 5v6
Every time.

There is no way to fix def heroes without angering casuals. Pre-nerf Widowmaker and beta Bastion drew tears from a lot of players. Just look at how many casual people still complain about Mei. Area deniers stop people from having "fun".

People don't say it, but Zarya is definitely OP, and Genji has moments of obvious imba. Zenyatta is definitely imba, and as always, Lucio may or may not be imba, it's really hard to say because he is the only non-single target healer.

Mei isn't OP on console, stop shittin yourself. Look at overbuff.

If you play on console you don't get to post in these threads.

5CP would be nice. So would an 8v8 matchmaking setting, it would make CTF more fun and less barren, and also allow for gametypes like 5CP

The issue is not that they are weak picks for tourney play, because balancing around that is silly. It's more that once the team knows how to organize even a little bit, they are fucked. Having a hero that is fucked when players smarten up is not good game design. Junkrat and Hanzo are the two people who suffer from this the least. With Junkrat only being barely a defensive hero.

If dub's you are NOT a Genji main defending his broken character

Blizzard lied
People died

reminder not to buy summer loot boxes, don't buy regular loot boxes after summer loot boxes, if you encounter a whale who clearly spent hundreds of dollars to get their loot, do everything in your power to make the game worse for them because they are making the game worse for you.

GUISE WHICH ZEN SKIN LOOKS THE BEST WITH GOLDEN BALLS

>get her best skin
>Meh

???

Haha, you guys are pathetic. Crap talking Genji when he's apart of the few things that are great in this game.

>cheating

It's not "cheating" it's enhancing the game

I had a nightmare last night that I was playing Overwatch on console.

Seriously, not even joking. I was in a ranked match and couldn't hit anything with the stupid PS4 controller.

t. genji main

Sunyatta is a good choice in my
>opinion

>ranked Nepal match
>"Random switched to Genji (was Lucio)"
>people get in chat to ask why and tell him to switch back
>"sorry i just like playing genji"
>everyone is yelling at this guy but nobody is switching to Lucio
>forced to switch despite being the only tank
Thanks...

>Transcendance as attackers when it's me and a friendly rein on the point
>he spends the entire Transcendance shielding instead of attacking the enemy

JUST FUCKING SWING YOUR HAMMER

Obviously Sunyatta, the gold one

What? Is it the white one that's fashionable with you guys?

I wish I could swap for the red one. Stupid sexy zarya.

It's Djinnyatta you fucking pleb.

Where is my girlfriend SpoSATA?

I consider it evening out the playing field

Nobody besides good players could even use widow to a fraction of her potential, she was literally never an issue for 90% of the playerbase. For the majority, the only real complaint was because it was boring watching pro matches be drawn down to "whose Widow is better" or "who counters Widow harder".
kys
The answer is always Ascendant.
I got the white, would have preferred red initially. until realized the white one looks much better when you are at high charge.

webmshare.com/Me4NL

Next level Reaping strats

>Bastion on Atk Payload
>Rein Shield in front of him
>stomp the taem

Never gets old

>Finally give in and buy overwatch
>Try reinhardt because def and no tanks
>People stand anywhere that isn't behind my shield
Is this what I get to look forward to?

Literally give Mei 450 hp and with her current skill set she's basically already a tank.