My Summer Car: Thread #8

AKA Finland Simulator.

NOW WITH OFFICIAL DEVELOPER, CHANGELOG AND UNOFFICIAL MAP

Completing the car should be a requirement for posting on this board.

The Trailer: youtu.be/rIZ3zs26RDQ

READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS:
pastebin.com/vNZZV0Fz

Previous Threads:

>How do I start the van?

While attempting to start the van, you'll occasionally need to pump the gas pedal a few times while holding the ignition with LMB.

>How do I start/operate the tractor?

There is a glitch regarding the tractor which causes it to sound like it's turned on after simply clicking the ignition. If the engine sounds like it's on, but you cannot rev it or shift gears, simply hold the ignition (with LMB) for 2-5 seconds and the vehicle will start normally. Its operating controls are the same as the car and van. To operate the forklift on the back, use Page Up and Page Down.

>What is the significance of the envelope?

After ordering car parts from the catalog, an envelope will appear on table. You'll need to take this envelope to the same store/gastation that you buy peer and sausages from. Once you've arrived, you'll see a yellow inbox on the right side of the doorway at the front entrance. Drop the envelope in the yellow inbox. After that, you can choose to drive home and go to sleep, or exit to the main menu and reload the game. Once you've woken up/logged back in, you should receive a phone call (the phone is a nondescript blue rectangle on top of a small table in the main hallway) but the amount of time that passes before the phone rings seems to vary. For me, it only took about 5 minutes. For others, it's taken upwards of an hour. You should probably spend some time adjusting your valves/steering alignment in the driveway while waiting for the phone to ring. After you get the call (use LMB to interact with the phone), MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO COVER THE BILL (I made this mistake before, it sucks), and drive to the store. Pay the bill at the counter; it will be a white invoice sitting right in front of the store clerk. The parts that you've ordered will then appear on the small patio on the left side of the building inside of brown boxes. Load them up (or bolt them on right there if you brought your tools), drive home, and have fun.

>Valve tuning:

Adjusting the valves is a little buggy. Basically you have a fixed range in which you can adjust a valve. Starting at the bottom, scrolling all the way back, there is 6 clicks in the tick zone. So if you were all the way bottomed out, scrolled back, then you scrolled forward 6 clicks you would be at the first click of the 7 click no tick zone. Above that zone is 5 more clicks in a tick zone. So, you have 6 bad settings, then 7 good, then 5 bad. So if your motor is ticking and you have no idea which valve is ticking scroll every valve down 18 times, then you know for sure every valve is at the bottom. Then click each valve up 6 times, as you start on the first one, you will be on the seventh click, or the first click of the 7 click good zone. I find that setting makes the car run the best

>Idle screw adjustment:

The Idle screw is rather vague, but the what you want is for the car to run a little lean but not too mean. I find running the screw in makes it leaner and out makes it richer. After adjusting, rev the motor and look at the exhaust to see how thick it is. You wanna see some exhaust but just barely. Also don't try adjusting anything until the car warms up, you can buy gauges to show temp.

Would my laptop be able to run this game?
HP Pavilion G6
Intel Core i3-2330M @2.2GHz
4gb ram
Intel HD graphics 1.9gb

No other computers.

Well, long story short. I pulled the car in with the tractor, but found it uncomfortable to work in the garage. Tried to get it out back with tractor and van. Result is in pic.
Does someone know how to get the car towed out of the garage?

get tractor nearby, click tow hook on car, spawns a rope, click again to remove.
Tow hook sits under the bumper in the middle

what is the archive which shows the state for each bolt?

Another thread with people wanting to be spoonfed that don't fucking read.

wew

Jesus man you should be able to rub it easy af, I'm running an Intel E8600 dual core with an hd6700 gpu and I run it perfectly

Just wondering: does the time of day have any effect on how long it takes for the phone to ring after delivering the envelope?

I'd like to thoroughly test this myself but I don't have the time right now.

For some reason (I think the game glitched) adjusting the valves and idle screw did literally nothing. Even after reloading etc. Be warned.

Anybody here drink the booze in the wood shed? Was not a good idea

>first try car catches fire and throws a rod, drops three bearings and cracks a hole in the pan
>second try being super careful
>sloooowwww
>have car on tractor lift
>brush past
>car flips over

JUST

Who here /woodchopking/

tfw my laptop can't run it
played it for a few hours on a mates computer, got the car running, forgot to bolt the clutch together properly

>tfw your image is the op for the 2nd thread in a row

community_contributor.jpeg

Why does this game even have a lake? It feels like the shitty dead space in GTAV.

because there are 187,888 lakes in finland and i guess the dev wanted to make the scenery a bit more diverse than just shitty grass texture plains

PISS DAMNIT

So I managed to lose one of the radiator hoses, is there anyway of getting it back?

Don't worry I found it behind the fridge

>king

Well shit you topped me there

Your GPU is the issue.

how the shit

peer magic

Does ignoring the meters (urine/thirst/hunger/fatigue) do anything? It seems like my character walks slower but that might just be lag.

Not in this build it doesn't.

It bugs up sometimes. Jump and he will return to normal walking speed

>this is how it ends

fell off the roof

I did and apparently I transformed into a fish.

i turned into superman

My view just ended up going all over the place and I went to sleep for it to stop

>seat comes out
>try to get back in car to restart
>it's in gear
>click on throttle
>car flies away

This game is such a trip it's amazing

>buy many beer cases at once
>they literally explode
>some get stuck between ceiling and roof of shop
oh

I bought the CD player. Where do I put my music?

Anyone else keep getting the same r/t at the dragstrip? It's not statistically possible for me to get the same .368 10 times in a row.

I cannot get better than 20's on the drag strip

I've gotten 19.3 a few times but my R/T will stay the same regardless.

at least you tried

>order something
>drive to pick it up
>hide it in trunk
>on the way home rollover a few times
>get home
>open trunk
>see that it's empty
there goes my money. I lost it

check the pit after you reload

so i ordered some parts, and then went to chop some logs, when i came back the phone was ringing but as soon as i got out of the car, it stopped ringing. what did he mean by this?

Is there a new build for this, or are we going to be stuck on the leaked build?

fuck off to be quite honest. be content with the semi-pirated version we have right now.

>wanting a new version of what is essentially a demo version of the game

think about what you're asking for a moment

>changelog is in the OP
>please spoonfeed me i'm incapable of doing anything on my own

changelog only states what changed in newer builds, but it doesn't wheter you cant pirate it or not

no, but a simple google search leads to the developer's steam page where he states what happened with the leaked build and the future of the game

I still don't understand why he doesn't go the kerbal space program way - early builds are free, paid version is introduced later during development.

Does the dev plans on adding more cars with full engines?
More parts are cool but how about a lawn mower or a small boat?

How much would you pay for the game? After you get the engine running there isnt much to do. I think 10-15euro would be a fair price.

On one hand i would tell you that people would hate it.
On the other, kerbal fucks got so much money they havent really did anything since 0.18

try reading the changelog before posting anything about future changes.

awful, awful idea.

Any one know the settings for the carb. i tried some more

Beginners guide to lifting your car.

Jack up front end using both jacks
Install wheels
Lower jacks
Jack up rear end
Install wheels
Lower jacks

Now the tractor forks can be easily moved under the car.

I came up with this because my car kept falling off the jacks when I tried to lift both ends.

Why awful? It's what made ksp basically MOAR BOOSTERS: THE MEME, making it popular.

h-how did you turn the van's lights on?

Fuck jackstands

I did, also looked at the twitter updates. Only relevant thing is a car thats exactly like the van.

additional lights would be great

At least one new seat/wheel texture is in and so are a few new parts. Im pretty sure he will throw in a lot of fluff.

i want the dice gone and maybe an hulu dancer on the dash instead

Someone draw some lewd faces on these 2

hell yeah bois, time for sum pimp'n

>not just teleporting to the store and throwing the boxes under the map to have all your parts respawn in the garage

1. thats fucking risky as hell as it is not 100% works, and you cannot order parts twice
2. thats fucking boring.

And missing out on the comf? nothx

>make money by delivering boxes
someone should call the dev, it would be much better than choppin wood

>lose packages with exhaust pipe and cd player when driving home
>order another set
>go to shop to pick it up
>pay for it
>packages don't appear
oh come on. it's like there can be only one cd player in the game, and currently it's somewhere in the woods where I flipped previously.

Should have been more careful.
I hope i have everything.

>risky
I've built the upgraded car 5 times now and haven't had any issues. Beer and sausages always show up too.
>boring
better than spending more time stacking boxes than it takes to actually put the parts on

the what?

Editing money is easy, but I can't understand how parts' location coordinates are stored.

sisu on drag strip

With results

>▶
try this: merge 2 saves together with parts in different locations. maybe it will duplicate?

that would work only if coordinates are saved in different file than info about ownership and so on
I'll try it

Where can I get the truck?

drank the wodka and tried to chop wood last night. Quite frustrating

I must be missing something, I can't trink the peer or open the toolbox to get spanners and shit

try editing both files at the same time. not sure how you will edit meshsave but if you are successful you can have 2 different cars

What are you using to edit the save files? I went as far as installing unity and easy save 2, but if I tried to change fatigue, urine, etc., the game wouldn't recognize the save file.

>5 hours in
>everything ready, just need to fill the fluids
>quit to menu to save
>continue
>"where is my car?"
>skidmarks
>car smashed into corner of house
>mfw i want to kill someone

replace your meshsave.txt with one from a new save and it'll repair the body damage

I just need to install the fuel pump and exhaust then my engine is ready to go in. Problem is the fucking exhaust wont stay in place.

>restarted game
>it keeps getting worse

ill try

at first it seemed like it would work
but then i put on the fender that was torn off
car flew all the way to the fuken lake

Do I need to put the engine in first?

Weird. Just tried it and worked fine for me. Check the defaultES2File and make sure everything installed is at int(8). If it's int(0) it means it's not tight. I think the hood glitches and says int(0) on 3 bolts even if they are tight.

The exhaust has 3 attachment points, 2 of which are to the header on the engine. I would imagine that just the 1 at the back isn't holding it.

hex editor, I modify values directly

Alright. got the fuel pump attached, lowered the engine into the bay, tried to do up the shaft bolts but they are a bitch to find, decided to move the hoist and the engine fell of.
I'm gonna come back to it tomorrow, I'm too tired for this.

Finding the money and fuel tank is pretty easy, but everything else I've tried to change just fucks the save up. Maybe it's because I'm using Notepad++ with a hex plugin.

urine/fatigue/hunger/thirst is easy too. Four byte float, that represents values percent, so 0 to 100.0

writing a save editor for that can't be that hard

Which hex editor are you using? When I changed them it messed up the save, I'm wondering if it's the editor.

wxHexEditor
note: you have to save it as a new file with different name. Simply overwriting the file using this editor makes it shit itself.
So copy save, edit, save somewhere else and then replace original file.

sisu

So after losing a wheel i brought the tools with the van, got it fixed but for some reason im all out of fuel.

How do i get more? I have to tow it to the shop?

dev=developer