/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

alcasthq.com/beginner/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone esle having a problem logging on?

> EU are sleeping
> Thread dies
wew lad

I was having problems yesterday, but they fixed it.

Why are bosmer so perfect?

anyone have that image about what it's like to be a male bosmer?

Don't die like that again /tesog/

Thanks, have a (you)

hi just got TESO, downloading it atm.

Anything I should know about the game, tips, what factions, etc? How does it hold as an MMO?

It's like a tes game so make sure you watch the time

Ok so wow tier time sink. Sounds guccibackpackswaggeroni.

Whats the PVP like? Is it balanced?

Pvp are massive zerg rushes since there's army pvp.
It's also not a time waster but a TES time waster

Either way, I'm getting my moneys worth.

At the rate my download is going though its gonna take me 3 or 4, maybe 5 days to download this game. (Centurylink is my ISP, rural area dealio, maxing out at 800-900 kb/s)

Also what faction is the guild/group for this thread on, or are guilds/groups not bound by faction?

Have a look at this before you start the game, it will cover the basics.

alcasthq.com/beginner/

Guilds are seemingly big trade houses more than normal guilds.

Guilds aren't bound by faction, that only matters for PvP, in which the case for NA PC guild is EP. I have seen a few DC guildies pvp-ing if you want to join.

How shit is vampirism for a magblade?

page 10 again

We can dream though. We can dream.

>being a male bosmer
>at all
It's not natural like the belief that there's two sexes among the altmer race

So I tried buying the game through the official website and it charged me four times for the game and I never got a single copy I made a support forum question about it but no one is responding. what do?

He's a she now.

Good on you

What guild should I join? I assume all the vg ones are long dead?

Is there a free trial or something for this game? I know I can get it for like £10 off of G2A but I still want to give it a try before I buy into it. Also, is it really shit to play the game without the membership stuff?

Is there any just pure text guides? I dont have access to headphones at the current time.
but there is at least a guild chat, correct?
I like that, I like that alot.

>is it really shit to play the game without the membership stuff?

Crafting is significantly more autistic without the craft bags, and you have to pay for DLC, but other than that, no.

are the DLCs pretty required or are they not that bad.

Both Veeky Forums guilds are fairly alive. I know the EU planned to do runs of the new dungeon on release date but didn't expect a 12 hour maintenance.

>Is there any just pure text guides? I dont have access to headphones at the current time.
Sorry, non that I know off that's up to date. For the better or worse, the game changes so fast that most stuff that's more than a few months old are outdated.

The DLCs are just extra quests for you to do. The zones that you gain access to also have locations that allow you to craft gear that you couldn't otherwise craft, but you could always just buy that gear from a guild trader or hire a crafter to make the gear for you.

The Orsinium DLC gives you a new zone to fuck around in, a new arena to fight through, and a metric fuck ton of story quests. That's it.

The Thievs guild DLC gives you a new zone, story quests, skill line (It's all passives that help you not get ass raped by guards when stealing shit) and little once-a-day solo instances where you have to stealth through enemies and steal shit while a timer runs down.

Dark Brotherhood is basiclly the same as the thieves Guild DLC. It even gives you the same once-a-day instances, but in DB it's all about going in, killing your target, and then making it out in time. The DB skill line is also just passive stuff. It mostly just lowers how much you pay if you get caught killing an NPC.

>the game changes so fast that most stuff that's more than a few months old are outdate
are the changes that happen to the game positive changes, do the devs care? I quit wow a year ago because of how shitty the devs are, this is highly important to me.

Also how important is the DLC? is it required?

I have been playing on and off since launch and I don't have the DLCs yet. There's a lot in the base game.

>are the changes that happen to the game positive changes

They try to be. Mostly, yeah, they're good. Like the nerfs to Magicka shields in PvP. We really needed that.

Not to mention the changes they made to stamina morphs and the physical damage champion points. That was awesome.

>Do the devs care

They have to. This is their money maker right now.

>Also how important is the DLC? is it required?

See these two:

Awesome, thanks. I'll join the PC NA one, then

Thanks a lot guys, I'll be joining EU PC if I do get it. Probs going to try it on a friends account or something.

Cool, do racial abilities, if any, matter in pvp?

>Also, is it really shit to play the game without the membership stuff?
Depends on how you play. Me and a friend play together. He have zero interest in crafting or playing the economical game, he just enjoys the dungeon and PvP. I enjoy PvE and PvP but are spending more and more time playing it as a Jew Simulator 2016. As long as he gives me the crafting materials I'll craft for him, and in exchange he throws me new motifs. He have zero need for membership while I really need the crafting bag.

They do, but only if you want to min/max. (No one min/maxes in this game)

For example, you can go breton/high elf and do about 1K more damage if you stick to JUST Magicka DPS, but an Orc Sorc will probably be about equal to you even without the racial buffs.

Hell, I've seen stamina DPS work while wearing heavy armor. (Medium armor gives you DPS passives)

>min/max
oh god I'm literally a chronic min/maxer

> Are the changes that happen to the game positive changes, do the devs care?

The devs care in so far that enough bitching will promote change and that the game over the year have turned from mediocre to great. However the changes are usually two steps forward and one back. Two updates ago, stamina users (people focusing on using swords and bows and so on) got a much needed boost and wards got nerfed but now we've retarded gap closers. Last update they revised a lot of outdated sets and reintroduced them from being low level gear to be available at top level, but had one gear bugging out giving your average damage-dealer 4 times their intended dps.

You're gonna have a field day considering how autistic the min-maxing in this game can be if you delve deep enough.

>Also, is it really shit to play the game without the membership stuff?

The only things you'd be missing out on are the crafting bag (Holds any crafting mat without taking up bank space) and free DLC.

I don't sub, and the only thing I'd really want is the craft bag. I just buy the DLC when they come out.

In that case, here's a list of best races:

>Breton VS High Elf

For Magicka DPS, it's HUGE argument which of these two are better. Just pick which one you like. Same goes for healer.

>Imperial VS Red Guard VS Orc VS Kahjiit VS Bosmer

For Stamina DPS. Pick One. Imperial is slightly more tanky than the others.

>Nord VS Imperial VS Orc

Nord has a passive that just completely negates 6% of any damage you take, Imperial heals 10% of missing health through an RNG chance on hit, and Orcs are fucking monsters.

Pick the one you trust to stay alive more often. All three make awesome tanks.

>Nords forced to ally with dark elves and argonians
what the fuck

Is it possible to find the cp150-160 mats out in the wild with just the base game?

You should be able to find it in Cyrodiil.

>No one min/maxes in this game

Shitter detected

>Implying you should ever min/max in a game where the resistance cap is 33K, but you can have an easier time having 24K resistance due to being able to focus on gaining resources more.

>Implying you should ever Min/Max in a game where Min/Maxing will only ever get you 1K more DPS than a non-min/maxed character.

I'm sorry, but I was at work and couldn't post skeletons

>Implying you should ever Min/Max in a game where Min/Maxing will only ever get you 1K more DPS than a non-min/maxed character.

Yeah who wants MORE DPS for content that requires you to have super high DPS numbers to just complete.

I bought 5500 crowns because sale, but then I started browsing the crown store and realised there's nothing there that I want.

Will Mind-Shriven Horse ever be back on the crown store, because I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I guess I could change the race on my main. I picked imperial stamina nightblade when I started out, because Imperial motif. But eventually changed to magicka, because I found it more fun to play. I'd change to a Breton, but can't think of a good breton name.

>More DPS
>When you could have more Armor/Resistance/Health and have an easier time with PUGs due to this.

You only Min/Max if you're in a guild that Min/maxes with you or are playing with Min/Maxed friends.

>You only Min/Max if you're in a guild that Min/maxes with you or are playing with Min/Maxed friends

so basically what you're saying is that people do min/max

>You only Min/Max if you're in a guild that Min/maxes with you or are playing with Min/Maxed friends.

No, YOU only minmax when you have a group to carry your situationally unaware ass.

Bretons are basiclly a mix of German, French, and English.

So, names like Alexander, Anders, and Smith pretty much only make sense if you're a Breton.

>Example names

John
Broderick
Dorin
Drake

Cuties where?

>playing with pugs
there you problem my friend, even a basic social trading guild will have good enough people to blaze through gold wgt.

You forgot French.

I don't know if I want to John the breton. Those are really boring names.

do Anders Breivik.

I'd name my character that if I didn't know I'd be reported 10 minutes later

>Breivik

That's Norwegian. It'd be Nord.

What's the next big DLC?

Hey guys, Semi-newfag here

Quick question, I've been looking at alot of the Stamplar builds and I was wondering how necessary it is for templars to wear medium/light armor? I wanna do the maelstrom arena eventually after I respec, but my preference is for heavy armor.

Hist iirc or One tamriel

Hist is already out, one tam is not a DLC

Bretons are more flemish/dutch than german. At best you could say Bavarian/Catholic. Nords fit into that Northern Prothestant stereotype. Hell they even have that bastardized overexaggerated Munich accent in English ESO

Probably player housing.

If it was up to me though I'd do a whole DLC on either Alinor or Eastern/Southern Elsweyr next.

Player housing and One Tamriel (assumed to be in the same DLC).

light for magicka, medium for stamina, heavy for tanks

magicka builds might prefer to use 5 light, 1 medium 1 heavy for Undeaunted Mettle, but stamina must have all medium.

You can use heavy if you want and be a tanky dps, but it won't be any kind of serious build, since you will have no stamina regen and much less crit, and you will be laughed at by everybody

If you want to DPS, and you want to run VMA, you can't use heavy armour.

All right, thanks guys.....looks like this crushed my dreams hard

just be a tank

Anyone else having login problems again?

thats kinda what I want to do, but my character is too far in as a templar (453) so it'd be a waste considering all the the effort Ive put into him (nevermind all the crafting resources).

I just want a reliable heavy build I can PVP and dungeon in

You can tank as a templar too.
Also your champion levels are shared account wide.

Hey guys tankpler here. How useless am i in PvP? I want to get some akavari motifs but i also dont want to be bored to death or completely fucking useless in cyrodil.

yes, but a second try always gets me in

Anders is Scandinavian. It's the Scandinavian version of Andreas. And Smith is just your labour so it makes sense, even if "Ironbender" would be better.

Depends on what you do outside of just being hard to kill.

Yep, EU is lagging like hell atm. Loadingscreens taking forever.

Champion points are shared between all your characters.

What would i do though? Seige machines? Tanking mobs around the capture zones? General annoyances?

Probably debuff/cc and spot heals

For a Nord maybe.

Spam mutagen on your zerg and use fire ballistas.

You'll be rolling in AP.

Any good place or tips to farm glyphs?

I have Rapid Regen. Do I need to respec my morphs?

Bleak rock seemed to have quite a bit

Don't worry about anything. Just wear heavy.

What you're mostly losing is Stamina Regeneration. Just use your champ points to make up for it.

Trying to log in for 40 minutes straight.

EU servers are probably going up in flames right now.

Something is seriously fucked up, check your inventory and screenshot if you're logged in because I lost a lot of equipment (strangely enough all of them from WGT) from my bank.

And now I can't log in.

This is the time to panic.

>Have 50k sitting in mailbox
>IT WONT FUCKING LOAD
What the fuck have ZOS done this time?

> UK players are having huge troubles accessing the EU server
Should have thought about it before you left the EU

Thanks!

I have a question before I consider getting into this game.

-What can I do to play an imperial?
-Can I wear imperial Blade armor or is there something really close to it?
-Is there a class that lets me play as a Just and Honorable knight?

I want to rp as an agent of the Blades. Or barring that, an imperial legion soldier.

>EU servers going down in flames probably literally
>better advertise our shitty mount and even shittier pet

Buy imperial edition or buy the upgrade in the store
Imperial style is probably what you're looking for
Templar

So I'm a bit new to the game have a few questions.

Firstly, how important are racial passives exactly? I'd like to make a stamina dps character and i'm torn between picking imperial or nord. I've haerd that imperials are great for the role but honestly i'd prefer to play as a nord, I just like the race a lot. Do racial passives make that drastic of a difference or are they really only worth thinking about for min/maxers?

Aditionally, I have a question about attributes. As I said i'd like to do more of a stamina-based build, so should I just dump most of my attribute points into stam with the occasional few in health and maybe magika? I'm a bit lost as to weather most people focus on a single stat depending on the role they want to play or if a more balenced distibution of stats between two or all three stats is usually prefered.

Sorry for the long post and all, but as I said i'm fairly new to this game and mmos in general and would prefer to not put a few dozen hours into a charater, only to regret having done so and start all over.