Tfw fell for the accounting meme

>tfw fell for the accounting meme

Couldn't cut it huh?

accounting is literally just practice. I know its boring as fuck but its one of the few ways to get into a good position without going to a great school. literally study your ass off, pass the CPA and get a good job.

If you learn programming / excel you'll be fine, you can still make it.

And you'll be a god amongst men compared to other accountants.

t. intellectually disabled

>tfw chinese parents con me into taking accountancy
>study for four years (subjects include taxation and business laws that should be studied by actual law students taking the bar exam/topics that are not for board)
>board exam is you have to take ALL SUBJECTS in a span of a 1( one) week. Again, ALL 8 SUBJECTS in 1(one) week.
>there is literally hospital vans parked infront of the designated testing sites during the judgement day because of people sudoku-ing
>old timers bitch that our passing rates are increasing
>"b-back in my day, the passing rate is only 19%!!"
>they want more shit added to our curriculum because the only reason why the passing rate is higher is surely because we got it easier
>survive through it all
>my income is only seriously 220 dollarydoos per month

Ohhhh mamma mia!

CPA here. By learning vba and sql I doubled my income while working no overtime.

Going the big four route is true slavery. Automation is the present and the future.

>By learning vba and sql I doubled my income while working no overtime.

Details? Did you change jobs for that, and what do you tell employers, that you studied on your own?

I fell or both the stem and accounting memes. It worked out in the end. You just have to hang in there and don't give up. Also, don't be afraid to take risks.

>tfw almost fell for the accounting meme
>tfw dropped it and went into sales instead

Anyone know if an AAS in accounting is worth shit? My CC offers one and the idea of the speed and cost of getting it appeals to me.

It's not exactly "falling for a meme" if it works out.

>Anyone know if an AAS in accounting is worth shit?
It will be worth it if it teaches you a lot of accounting software. You may want to take some computer classes also. Be sure to learn VBA and Access.
>It's not exactly "falling for a meme" if it works out.
It didn't work out for a long time. There were some time spent in homeless shelters and sleeping in car.

I've fallen for so many memes, and yet, I'm still here.

What meme? Accounting is literally one of the best fields and also one of the fastest growing, i've honestly lost count of the jobs i've been offered, just dont go into public accounting and hate yourself.

but muh big 4

how is sales?

>just dont go into public accounting and hate yourself.

What specific branch are you in, user?

holy shit senpai. where do you live?

>not public accouting.
You mean not a cpa?
Then where do you go?
I mean there is forfeit accounting.

We could offer to the world the best path to success and 6 figures possible and Veeky Forums will still find out a way to call it a meme. You literally go into Accounting with an empty brain and come out on top, it's just that it seems like everyone here just wants to find a path that takes as little time, effort, and skill possible and to make it big. Yes, you may eventually have to get your CPA, why wouldn't you? If CPA isn't what you want, pursue Finance then, pursue IT/CS/IS functions and be an IT auditor. Go work in HR, go work in marketing, an Accounting major still stands as a business major you don't even need to do Accounting functions with it. Don't even need to get cucked in big 4 to make it big either.

M8, CPA's aren't just public accountants, there are few paths, public accounting which is for retards who want to hate their lives and work over time every day and then industry accounting which is comfy as fuck and then you can also get non accounting jobs in the business field. CPA is used in all these.

Industry accounting.
>30-35 hours a week
>flex schedule where I get a free day off every second week
>no overtime ever
>have lots of time and resources to learn VB and SQL while working

Big 4 is the real meme, dont fucking do it, it's for dumbasses who think they need to do that shit to make lots of money, people also put way to little value on workplace flexibility as a benefit of a job. I rather make 10% less while working less hours and having more days off and flex programs like working from home than ever touching public accounting.

Also accounting is literally the best business field unless you do finance and then become a masochist that does his CFA.

Hey, an accountant friend is considering going freelance. Anyone know what it's like?

>my income is only seriously 220 dollarydoos per month

..... really?

I drive a forklift and make $500 a week.

Spaniard here, I have a question for Amerifriends: What I dont get about the CPA is...
Is it just enabling to work as an auditor or accountant with state acreditation for public attestation? Or is it also the exam required for entering the civil service?

If not, how does Civil Service accounting work in your country? Do you guys consider it a worthy option?

>mfw when studying for State Auditor entrance examination in my country
>mfw only a Law degree
>No previous Economics studies
>No previous Accountacy studies
>Half of all this shit is new to me, have to learn it from scratch to mastery

Shit's tough but I find it interesting, it's a long road ahead of me, but I'm confident it'll eventually pay off

How can you fall for accounting? You know a mile away if you like it or not.

How are you unemployed with an accounting degree? I'm Mr. Autistic who can barely look people in the eyes and even I have a good job with my accounting degree.

t. on lunch break right now

I work in industry as well. Almost always 40 hours a week unless it's month end where it might be 45 hours.

Bumping for answers

then what after? just rot as a wagecuck until you are 65+ and bald.

will $NVAX break 1.50?

>not completing CFA charter
>accepting back office job for life
>actually choosing that life

>basking in the glory of my engineering degree

What are the best skills/complimentary courses to learn when having an accounting degree/background?

Excel, vba, macros. SQL. Programming. Finance modelling, people skills, mamagement skills.

>wagecuck

If you consider a 150k mid range salary as wagecuck then yeah sure you're a wagecuck. It's just a good degree to get if you want a comfortable career with low stress and a high salary.

SQL, Visual Basic, Excel (if you think you know it you dont, you can always learn more), any kind of database systems, python, statistics software if you go into finance.

What if I have a math/stats degree with experience in the programs you listed, including database systems and statistics software

How do I transition into accounting?

Well you'd need to take the prerequisite CPA courses or else you'll just be a book keeper. What you could do is transition into a business services or finance role, you'll probably have a slightly higher workload but you'll also make slightly more. Unless you want to do way more schooling than you've already done you should really just use what you have to get an analyst position of some kind. If you're a real masochist you could get into financial planning and investment and then try and take CFA exams but if you don't have much of a finance background you'll want to kill yourself.

So there's really no hope for me?

>tfw didn't fell for the accounting meme but the business meme instead due to being a libcuck burnout in high school

why don't you go to actuary instead?

Well not in an account career unless you get other schooling but you'll be able to get tons of jobs with similar work loads in the same industry

>I hate my current job to the point I have been having thoughts of suicide.
I've only met one actuary, and he was dull as fuck, I guess that one guy made me think that acturarial work is boring as fuck

>Tfw financial analyst here who wprks directly for the CFO

>Tfw the accountants i work in the office with are always angry pullinh out their hair, especially accounts receivable

> tfw i get to just to do comfy excel projects at my lesure for the most part