/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Team Marie has won the 16th and final Splatfest!
- As of the newest update, you will now receive 1000 bonus points for winning a Turf War match, up from 300! In addition, after 30 wins, Judd will give you a Super Sea Snail if you talk to him!
- Watch the Squid Sisters' latest live performance at Japan Expo here! youtube.com/watch?v=rt5cnCywVrI
- The Squid Sisters' new album, Live in Makuhari, has been released! See the tracklist here: nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-live-in-makuhari-cd-full-tracklist/

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58299526
mediafire.com/view/cqgkbrbvu2gbqqw/ink_BEAKON_guide_final.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any squads today

Maybe later tonight I can

Zones or Tower

Depends on the maps
And how heavy the traffic is

cute!

My personal favourite colour. Does anyone else have colours that they hope to get while waiting for a match? Either because of how your gear changes colour or just because you like it?

Soda, Yellow or Pink

>we're all dressed the same way!
>we're at a huge disadvantage as a result of our shitty abilities!
>this is what fun is!
capital cancer

What a QT

pepto bismol is the best color

You don't need abilities to win, retard.
>stop having fun your way!

Fun is relative. If they're happy leave them to it

Better than damn near every inkling cosplay

Octoling cosplay works because their hair is compact enough to be feasible
Inklings ponytails always look silly on people

that's the most retarded shit i've ever heard

Uh the main abilities you choose do make a tremendous difference
But ironically the mains of the armor set are actually pretty good, so user is retarded

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58299526

Look, moulding an Octoling hairstyle is possible because their tentacles are short
Inkling tentacles are more difficult to replicate because they're so large

It's perfectly alright to hate on Octolings but all I'm saying is their cosplay is easier to do

And yet, it's not so big a difference so that you will have a significantly less amount of fun without them, unless you're shit at the game.
That's not what you said at all.

That's exactly what I said

day off!

>Thinks abilities don't matter
>Yet I'M the one that's shit at the game
Son do you have any idea what kind of difference Tenacity makes
That by itself is enough to make the Hero Armor set the best gear set in the game
You have to be retarded to disregard your main abilities, fretting about your subs is for retards though

Please don't fight, guys...

Go back to sucking on your ninth tentacle

> tentacles down Marie
> skirt Callie

Based GomiGomi

Tenacity is worse than SCU and even Comeback for everyone other than snipers and range blasters who don't ink and don't die.

do we know if they can even turn into squids

hearts out to sameanko! this mamemimen sends their prayers for an artist who has no access to the internet, especially one who draws art everyday.
but wait, it's kind of resolve itself by now since this was from a few days ago.
oh well!
>ネットが繋がらない...つらい。
>my internet is down... it's painful.
>モデム
>modem
>早くなおって
>please work soon!
you still don't need them to have fun, though! i don't reroll my abilities at all and i think this game is amazing. your experience certainly won't be hampered by coordinated outfits.

Seriously dude
SCU is one of the weakest abilities in the game; you could at least have recommended Special Saver, but nothing can top Tenacity, gaining free Special from the mistakes of your teammates is just too much to pass up

Miitomo has badges of them in squid forms, so probably yes.

Unless you're doing some shit like stacking Special Duration with a Killer Wail weapon, then that's not so much fun as natural selection

jesus christ what on earth happened to your phone

You can hear them squidding around in one of the bonus tracks on the Squid Sisters album
Why wouldn't they be able to?

Gaining charge from inking is too much to pass up, because that's what you should be doing anyway. Besides, combining SCU and Tenacity is also a thing.

What bothers you? I don't see anything wrong.

Maybe if you're playing Turf War; I don't use Tenacity then
But in Ranked, where everyone is rushing and dying constantly, Tenacity is invaluable

that navbar mainly
is your region right to left hence the reversed status bar?

Might be an HTC or something

he probably changed it to be like that. no way a phone manufacturer would shit that navbar

Guess why you're dying? If you didn't answer "because we push without turf control", you're part of the reason you think tenacity is stronk.
I switched the sides in debug options, that way some buttons are in more comfortable places. Not just bottom bar, most apps change sides, too.

gotcha, just looks weird with the back arrow facing to the right instead of the left as usual

You get Tenacity buffs if you die or not mate, do you know how it works

Getting residual Special on top of inking turf is always much more advantageous than getting a fraction of extra Special only while painting the ground

Tenacity works when you're doing stupid things, SCU- when you do smart things. You know that tenacity only gives you charge when you have less squids than enemy, not just have a downed teammate?

That's the whole idea, you are rewarded for your teammates incompetence
And if Tenacity is not charging, because the enemy has more dead players than you, well then you're probably winning anyway
Tenacity does not reward for 'doing stupid things', it's a constant failsafe

Maybe you should sometimes pick an inker and help teammates be competent instead of riding the wave of stupid pure offense teams? Just for a change.

When is it ever not a good thing to have a Special ready? I play the same role that you do, I just get perks the moment a teammate takes a hit

I get them by making my teammate less likely to be hit. Besides, other than echo and invincibility on TC, specials are trash. Inkzooka is scary but nothing more, bomb rush is special fodder for enemy team, wail is only good on RM, inkstrike- just don't.

other thread is over now, so lets be friends in this one!

>Specials are trash
>Is trying to make a selling point for Special Charge-Up
Well shit, color me baited

But for fucks sake man, how does equipping Tenacity prevent you from helping your teammates
You still fight normally, you still ink turf, you still capture the objective, but you get free Special for doing absolutely nothing all the while
Your team will die no matter what you do, how does getting benefits from that possibly a bad thing?
If you still can't see how that's anything short of godlike, I'm worried for you

Well, you got me. Still ain't gonna give up LDE for Tenacity, though.

Oh of course not, LDE is fucking fantastic for those clutch games

How big is your Octoling folder?

quite small, but the reason for it isn't, not trying, more that there is very little to draw from, and even less that's presentable to the thread.

I love you cap'n, but stop poisoning the squibs with propaganda

You mean "How big is Pixiv"? Exactly 774 entries out of over 20k Splatoon illustrations.

good, you should stop while you're behind and kys

about 10 images from the looks of it

>needing abilities to be good

traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash!

ummmmmmm excuse me?! how am i supposed to win without my ink res? enemi /ink/ is everywhere so wearing /ink/res is pacractically a no brainer.

the game would probably be better with no abilities, no specials either

and no squid sisters.

That should be one of the ranked modes. Only squids who know the limitations of the kid and squid form and have true mastery of their weapon would be able to survive it

Odds are it would be unpopular and rarer than RM

Depeeeeeends on weapon. Rapid without damage and run speed is trash. Disruptor and point sensor withiut bomb range are trash. Splatterpro without ink recovery is trash. Sploosh without swim speed is at a disadvantage. Dynamo gets stuck in ink, so ink res is very good for it. Splattershot, though? It's always trash, so the abilities indeed don't matter.

japs would hate it more than they do rainmaker so it would never come on rotation

How come people put so much stock into their gear's stats? I just wear what I think looks nice and I do fucking great every game.
The stats can't possibly matter that much

>i don't care about stats

Try out some coordinated beakons
mediafire.com/view/cqgkbrbvu2gbqqw/ink_BEAKON_guide_final.png

More like I'm asking the question of stats "are really as importation as people say" you ass

What if I actually want to know if stats are useful or not?

Mains are most important, subs are pretty inconsequential

No

then you would have asked that instead of feigning superiority

>Splattershot is trash

Gee, I bet you main Tentatek.

I'll never understand this Tentatek hate meme

>feigning superiority
All I said was that I tend to do good, holy shit dude

>sz/tc/sz
fucking bomb japan again

RM is only good in Squads, and you never Squad
Drink your own tears

everything popular is bounded to become a meme
any meme is going to be hated immediately
its just like the aerospray, tentatek is not even that good, its just average

Or if you are actually smart enough to bring Echo into Rainmaker. But nobody does.

At this point the Tentatek's biggest drawback is its Heavy reduction, and the fact Suction Bombs aren't that great outside of Rushes
I'd have preferred Point Sensors

>Suction Bombs aren't that great outside of Rushes
have you ever used a suction bomb
what rank are you, this must be bait

nice backpedal.

Forge is for you, then. Or H3-D, if you're feeling lucky.

not him, youre attention whoring

>tfw we won't get a new mode because RM was poorly received by Japs.
>tfw when new modes in Spla2n will be closer to TC and SZ than being daring like RM

S+, I don't like them - personal preference
Their fuse is too long, and eat a ton of ink
If the Wasabi had Inkzooka instead of Inkstrike, in my opinion it'd be the uncontested best weapon in the game

o-ok then

I'm having a lot of fun with the N-Zap '83 currently, and I barely use the Kraken

and manmenmis aren't?

Octo Nouveau? It's horrifically inefficient, but otherwise perfectly perfect.

I'm not too hot on Brushes, but I might try it

It'd be interesting to see a 'hardcore' game mode, with no respawning after being splatted, but it would surely just end up being a stand-off between E-Liters
Maybe just have it as a gametype for custom lobbies

Why the fuck didn't they give the Octoshot the Wasabi's kit? The Octolings use Splat Bombs and Inkstrike.

Crab sells bootleg Octoshots

Because it's a replica of an octoshot
Not the real thing

Sheldon didn't even make it, Judd found it

I wish they would patch some weapons kits instead of nerfing the individual components. Change the 96 Gal Deco's Special to Inkstrike, swap the subs of the Zink Mini and Custom Hydra. Those would've fixed a lot of problems.

guys i think agent 1 and 2 might be Inklings

you lie! they are jellies in a coat!