Lifted Truck Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jAzl8k9S4k8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that looks retarded

>lifted cuck thread

lifted miata

>inb4 being this mad

>inb4 miatafags calling lifted truck drivers mad for pointing out that they're being children

That dude set his truck on fire and committed insurance fraud to build a new one lol

proof that money cant buy class

>class

Why lift if your diff is still stock height? Wouldn't that make it perform the same off-road and perform worse on-road? Serious question not b8ing

>inb4 bigger tires/wheels

Thinking about lifting this old bastard, your thoughts?
1995 4x4 blazer

Flecks m8

This is a troll thread, these aren't real offroad vehicles.

But, no diff height doesn't really matter. Taller tires and shaving the housing on big diffs is enough.

the more you know

thanks

The point to lift is to allow for more articulation, larger tires, and provide greater approach, departure, and breakover angles. When you put larger tires on, it raises the height of the differential, so it's not stock height unless you lift it and put on the same size tires.

stay mad cuck

lifted trucks are for cucks

deal with it

What are you guys doing to your lifted trucks?

Wow, I was worried there for a minute that no one was going to poorly attempt to troll in this thread

>poorly attempt

not as poorly as the lifts you have been posting cuck

>tfw that stockish looking XJ has more flex than my ifs Tacoma could ever dream of

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KEK ME TOYOTA?

>landbarge hood
>tiny trunk

I'm betting the owner is a negroe

>not as poorly as the lifts you have been posting cuck

Nothing cheap about powdercoated bulletproof, FTS, or Cognito lifts

So does a stock Yukon XL

...with IFS.

>nothing cheap
yeah, except the whole engineering behind it

>can't flex for shit
>can't drive fast on dirt

top kek

Coming from someone with a lifted truck, all three are trash.

Paying $6k for a 15" 1/2 ton IFS lift is not going to save your 8.25" and 8.5" differentials, fix the IFS geometry with 40"+ tires, or strengthen the puny aluminium front diff housing, tie rods, pitman/idler arms, etc. or save your wheel bearings from the spacers you're running with wheels that already have a retarded amount of offset.

>can't flex for shit
That's why you SAS.

>can't drive fast on dirt
Can drive fast on both dirt and on pavement.

Probably wont hold up to huge jumps in the dunes.

>>can't flex for shit
>>can't drive fast on dirt
>implying they're designed to flex for shit
>or to drive fast on dirt

no, they're designed to lift the truck and retain good or even better than factory ride quality. It's really not necessary to smear your ignorance all over this thread.

>all three are trash
and what do you have, RCX?
>15" 1/2 ton IFS lift
I've yet to post that
>40"+ tires
Also never posted that
>strengthen the puny aluminium front diff housing, tie rods, pitman/idler arms, etc.
was there somewhere I said that they would or am I missing something?

>y-you don't understand
>t-they are supposed to be shit on purpose

Loving every laugh

>3" lift
>can still only fit 31s

quality design, Jeep

>and what do you have, RCX?
Locked and geared 1 tons, but close.

Reread the previous statement and please try again. Your attempt at a straw man is almost as bad as your trolling.

We're talking about lift kits for current generation vehicles here. Is this burb?

>this assmad

not my problem you can't accpet they are shit-tier lifts

>Is this burb?
Maybe...

refer to

refer to

For any DDing a 2010+ truck and doing what you did isn't a super realistic option. Most people would rather shell out a few grand to get the job done and retain ride quality at the cost of maybe blowing out a tie rod or CV. However, it was a trail rig I would fully understand doing what you did, but that would be hell to do to a modern vehicle. All the sensors and bullshit and just things like getting the speedo to work correctly would be horrible. I could pay $10-15K and get a SAS but still the ride would be worse than my ifs and I gain no benefits as a DD besides being more unique. It's cool, it's stronger, but it's not worth it. I eventually want to SAS mine but I need a new truck first.

Based stock XJ

Ride quality all depends on your springs, shocks, and geometry.

Is it easier to get a smooth ride with factory IFS than leaf sprung SFA? Absolutely. Does that mean the leaf springs will always ride worse? Absolutely not. Mine was actually too soft the first time around.

A lot of that shit can be tuned out and there are work arounds to get stuff like the ABS working again that aren't all that difficult but just require a little extra effort. After a body style has been out a few years most anything that actually takes any figuring out has already been figured out and documented.

Before I did mine I kind of had the same mindset you did. Once I got started it became clear how simple it is. Just wish I started with the 60 the first time.

The only reason I believe mine rides good is because it's on coilovers in the front and a custom made leaf pack in the rear. I'm just saying the cost of coilovers in the front on a SAS would be exorbitant and unnecessary when I really don't need it that much. After all, it is a truck. Unless he's figured something out recently, the only person that's SASd my year truck doesn't have a working speedo. It's just not worth the money for me to pay the shop to do that. Also, I really don't have the time to put a vehicle in the shop for an elongated period of enough time off of work to do it myself.

This is just stance in the other direction.

You need a second vehicle.

New Ram? The GMs seem the most popular for SAS and the F150s not all that uncommon.

I'm hopefully going to SAS mine once I buy a new truck a few years down the road. Just not right now for me.

Not that it matters for most of the shit in this thread.

How accurate is this vide/o/, guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=jAzl8k9S4k8

Inaccurate, contradictory, and misinformed with incorrect terminology.

Fuel finally decided to ship me my damn wheels

i kinda like this

Whats based is that color. Fuck yes USFS green.

That thing is a beast. What kinda light bar/mounts are you running? I have a second gen x and need a few more lumens.

Thanks, the mounts are offroad gorilla for the 40" and the standard mounts for the 20"

Jesus I didn't realize you guys were hit this hard by trolls.

Mine lifts itself

Saw this amazing breast on the road the other day.

Wow such a nice """""""""""build"""""""""""

dat a statesman? or commodore?

It's mainly this fag And all the other fags who come in to a thread about things they don't like, just to announce that they don't like the thread, comment about penis, use the word cuck because it rhymes with truck, you know just troll things.

This kind of things makes me want to smash people in the face with a pick axe.

Or you could just ignore it and go about your day.

I'd love to, but the feeling of getting cancer just because someone's dick is as microscopic as their brain is kind of keeping my attention.

I bet you're fine with doing burnouts.

>ifs
>rear suspension flex
Get a load of the dumbass.

Well, you owe me [bet] then. Burnouts are equally idiotic. Maybe even more.

>confirmed never been to a dragstrip
but at least you're just a keyboard warrior and wouldn't ever do shit to someone rolling coal or doing a burnout in person so i'm not worried

>autism, the posts

>>confirmed never been to a dragstrip
Well...duh?

>let's race in a straight line for a few seconds in cars that have to be rebuilt after each race because of how shitty modified they are

Truly the epitome of autosports.

>wouldn't ever do shit to someone rolling coal or doing a burnout in person

lol, thanks for confirming only immature manchildren enjoy this degeneracy.

>let's race in a straight line for a few seconds in cars that have to be rebuilt after each race because of how shitty modified they are
You really are a fucking idiot

>threatens brotruck drivers online with a pick axe to the face
>calling anyone else a manchild

>threatens
>I have a text comprehension of a 5 year old

I guess the brain cancer your ruined car gave you made you incapable of making a good argument.

Not that there is anything you could say to defend that pink abomination, lol. Other than "you wouldn't hit me anyway!" or "y-you just don't understand!"

Just like stancefags

threat·en
verb
state one's intention to take hostile action against someone in retribution for something done or not done.

I guess a pick axe to the face is pretty tame for a sociopath. But whatever, keep your /b/-tier shit to yourself and have a nice ride on the bus.

Oh, nice, a liftard who can work with a dictionary. This is new...

Well, in that case, be so kind and look up the difference between "want" and "intend".

> have a nice ride on the bus.

You sure showed me!

top kek

Doesn't matter how you try and argue semantics, the fact of the matter is you'll only sit hiding behind your keyboard talking shit about people that like things that you don't. I'm sure you'd happily argue the difference between want and intend with a LEO or judge, right? Merely a pussy with a keyboard under your hands.

You make idiotic, ignorant statements, therefore I called you an idiot. Here's my proof, deal with it or STFU faggot:
> This kind of things makes me want to smash people in the face with a pick axe.
> love to, but the feeling of getting cancer just because someone's dick is as microscopic as their brain is kind of keeping my attention.
>the brain cancer your ruined car gave you made you incapable of making a good argument

>out of arguments, therefore "ur a pussy"

Well I did expect less, so congratulations, I guess.

Oh, and it's not "people that like things that I don't", it's "people that like things that cause physical discomfort and damage". Leave the goal post where it is, thanks.

You cherrypicked three more or less empty secondary statements and claim that it's a proof of ignorance and idiocy? Wow, I'm completely and utterly destroyed by your reasoning prowess.

Wow, and I thought the stories about brotruckers are just a meme

No one that actually takes the sort of action you're referring to sits online and talks about it. So yes, you are a pussy. Feel free to keep using buzzword responses to somehow placate your useless machoman mentality.

>my retarded statements do not prove that I'm an idiot.
I didn't cherry pick anything, your whole posts shows that not only are you lacking in intelligence, but also very immature.
Maybe you should just lurk moar, instead of posting in threads that you obviously have an irrational hatred for the subject.

>pussy with machoman mentality
>you're a pussy, because you're not a psycho

ok....

>I didn't cherry pick anything

Well no. Except for the fact that you did.

>shows that not only are you lacking in intelligence

Sure, if those were the only things I said. Which they weren't.

>but also very immature.
Says a manchild who defends coal rolling or burnouts in all contexts.

> irrational hatred for the subject
Ah, the retarded leftist non-argument

>it doesn't matter that you have multiple personal experiences with the subject in question and that you base your views on said experiences, it's irrational!!

this is actually worse than stancefags. Probably because they generally don't affect others with their deviation.