/hbg/ Homebrew and Hacking General

Fine I'll make the fucking thread edition

PREVIOUS: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware (3.60) henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku is spreading to the PS4 (3.55) github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

mu-43.com/threads/how-to-fix-and-retrieve-images-form-an-error-sdcard-usbc-error.20289/
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/
digimonworldre.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/proof-of-concept-digimon-world-next-order-translation/
pastebin.com/rSvR4bHd)
exophase.com/1489/feature-mathieulh-interviewed/
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46150
wololo.net/2016/08/06/release-vitashell-0-7-thefl0w/
wololo.net/2016/07/31/release-molecularshell-mod-smoke-access-partitions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are there 2 threads?

There's three now
Because no one wanted to make one before the last one died

Let's use this one because it has an edition and it's not gay as hell like the other one.

>Because no one wanted to make one before the last one died
Nobody ever does. This happens every single time.

Got an error while in the middle of downgrading to 9.2.0. Have to take my SD card out and load it back in to get the system to work again, using browser to get back to homebrew. Now I keep getting stuck at hax initating. Is this common to continually run into when having to start again for a partial install?

The Vita scene has weird spurs, sometimes nothing happens for a while, and then SUDDENLY there's a lot of things.

You fucked up. You're not going to be able to downgrade without bricking now.

and still no ePSP or ePS1 exploits for 3.60

FUCK

Hm...I just followed the steps down the line and it gave me an error mid downgrade. What could have gone wrong? And is there a way to start again then?

I really hope the "H" person who reversed a chunk of Henkaku is Hermes. He would deliver...

Help! My sd card on my N3DSXL got corrupted!

When i go to title blue manager, i have this;
"SDMC FILE ERROR ?file in SDMC "sdmc:/USBCpqATE(5)
Level: LEVEL_STATUS (-7)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_STATE(5)
Module: MODULE_NN_FS (17)
Desc: (371) "

And when i go to the system setting when i'm trying to quit it ( i add that when it try to see my games on data management then software, nothing is show, it just keep loading ) it freeze, i can do nohting beside just shut off my 3ds with power buttons. It seems that it is because of this file ( pic related, USBCpq %) which happen when it is corrupted.

I don't know what to do beside using recover data, mu-43.com/threads/how-to-fix-and-retrieve-images-form-an-error-sdcard-usbc-error.20289/

I've tried what they said here ( except chkdsk beacause apparently it make things worse ) with recphoto.

I'm doing it right now but it will takes times, any advice about what recover software should i use?

Should i buy a new SD card and then copy paste all i have on the actual sd card with the restored files from photorec ( or better recover software ) since i can't delete USBCpq %?

the guy from the Wii scene?

Where did this "H is Hermes" rumour start?

And PS3 scene, yes.

ElOtroLado.net

I only know him for his cIOS and backup loader. What did he do for the PS3 scene?

I don't have a PS3 so I didn't follow that scene, I know him best for the cIOS and backup loader as well. But people in EOL keep mentioning he did stuff on PS3 too.

>ElOtroLado.net
virus do not click

anybody?

These's always one of you faggots huh?

ElOtroLado ("TheOtherSide") is a spainard homebrew and hacks website, Hermes posted a lot of it during the heyday of the Wii scene. There's also softmod tutorials for 3DS, Wii, PS3, and where applicable.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

ePSP would be the only savior for my PSTV at this point. I could give less of a fuck if actual Vita games get a loader, it's been far too long and my interest is next to zero

Any idea why updating to the current stable of cakes (I'm on 10.6 too) would cause my r4i to stop working? Whenever I run it, black screens.

Works completely fine on sysnand.

I guess that settles the choice of threads.

I'm assuming this is the correct thread.

I have been out of the loop since ReiNAND came out. I have that loaded on my n3ds, but I've read about arm9loader and I think I want it. I've read through the guide and it seems simple enough, but my question is has streaming gone anywhere with this? I remember NTR supported it, has it gotten any better and can I do it with arm9loader?

>cakes

fuck that, I already have a PSP. ePSP on my PSTV would just be the icing on the cake; I bought this thing to play Vita games.

What emulator is /hbg/ looking forward to the most?
For me, it's an N64 emulator. I hope it happens soon.

Lets pretend the IOSU for Wii U isn't just an alleged thing and is legitimately underway

What are the average times to get that kind of shit up and running?

I felt the same way before the devs in the Vita scene repeatedly demonstrated that their "morals" are so far past piracy. like what the fuck man? hate that shit

N64 is going to be the only thing practical and new.

PSX and N64 for sure.

CPS3

So...

When are we gonna start working on the Vita pastebin so we stop getting people to ask stupid questions?

Best Yuru Yuri.

I'm all for getting a pastebin revamp, but people are still gonna ask stupid questions.

ScummVM pls

there's a vita wiki that's been linked more than a few times that just hasn't been added.

I'm not opposed to whip something up, but I don't even know where to start

That hasn't stopped the 3DS and Wii U stupid questions.

Go be jealous of someone's tits somewhere else, Sakurako.

All that really needs to be covered is the choice to say on lower ePSP exploitable firmwares or updating to 3.60 for henkaku and how to do each.

Probably wanna have links to good sources of homebrew/news like wololo and hackinformer.

Anons, i want to free my sd card space so i'm planning to back up my entirely sd card.

But i can't copy files like " 00000001" from folders like "titles" and "extdata" ( see pic related)

I think i can't just copy files likes games and DLC, is it ok if i format my SD CARD, then use the back up i've made right now to have a N3DS with luma and a9lh functionnal with free space?

The only different thing will be a lighter " Nintendo 3DS 3 folder while everything else stay the same.

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/

GOAT

>HENkaku is spreading to the PS4
Should I buy one now?

Please forgive me if this is obvious, but is it possibl, based on the type of exploit HENkaku is, that we'll eventually be able to run fan translations using legitimate games?

Since Persona 4 Golen and FFX both were undubbed, does that mean it's possible to access the game's "script" and translate that?

I don't know how game translating works so sorry if I just made an ass of myself.

Should be possible.

going to be hard-pressed to find someone that actually wants to do it though

You faggots literally killed the Vita. We won't even get any localizations anymore. I hope you're happy with waiting 3 years for a fan translation that will eventually be cancelled along the way.

yes
digimonworldre.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/proof-of-concept-digimon-world-next-order-translation/

no piracy

yet

It's okay I'll just play them on PC :^)

I've got the same problem as you but in a different way.

I've bought a new SD card, i want to copy paste everything except i can't copy some files like 00000001 and other from "Nintendo 3ds" Folder, shoul i worry about it?

If i just lose some games, i don't really mind, i've back up all my saves with JKS manager and i can reinstall games and dlc again.

>killed the Vita
nice fucking try, you can't kill something that's already dead

Completely possible.

That's awesome.

Thanks senpaitachi, I'm hyped.

The PSP was relentlessly hacked for an entire decade, to the point that someone actually leaked the private code signing keys and you could sign your own shit, and it still had plenty of weeb games.

Do you have to post this exact same post with exact same picture every thread?

>Had more upcoming games in 2016 than any other console
>dead
It's only dead for westcucks.

Why would he stop if he still manages to farm (You)s with it?

No one posted that shit in the last thread.

They weren't even leaked, Mathieulh found them on the ps3

>westcucks
EOPs*

Shut up Math, stop trying to take credit for other people's work.

>Math doing anything but bluff
>ever

Ya rite.

>Mathieulh
God, he is so based... I can't wait for him to release the Dreamcast emulator for the Vita.

He actually did stuff for the psp before he decided he wanted to become an attention whore for the ps3 scene.

Can you imagine what he could get with all those (You)s? Cars, hookers, drugs, more (You)s!

Please illustrate me, ever since Veeky Forums added the (You) thing, why do people love to farm them?

Can somebody please explain the dreamcast emulator meme to me?

There are dreamcast emulators for PC, so it's not that they don't exist.

Is it just impossible for the Vita to play Dreamcast games even with an emulator?

so im trying to do inject gba to my brother o3ds with luma3ds since there is some problem with the console and it can't use a9lh
the first thing in the pastebin (pastebin.com/rSvR4bHd) is
>Note: These steps are not necessary with Luma3DS. Just install the CIA.
so i just install the cia and gba turn up error
can i get a clarification whether or not i need to do the usual inject or there is some other trick to make it work on luma3ds just like the note said. thanks

it means that people are paying attention to them

on another note, didn't Reicast stop development? I doubt there's going to be any GOOD forms of Dreamcast emulation on the Vita regardless of who ports it

If I put my micro SD card from my O3DS into my N3DS, will it work or do I have to hack the N3DS first?

He never did anything for anything besides shitpost. You'd need some heavy evidence to support your claims that he's anything but an attentionwhore.

It's just not very powerful. The guy who says he'll port it is a known liar.

Even the RA guys said it would be a pain in the ass to port, so don't hold your breath.

and people who dislike weebshit. because that's what 90% of all those games are.

I love my Vita and all, but we both know that's true.

Trying to undub my P4G cartridge, but I can't get my gro0 folder to show up, even though I've done everything correctly. I've even managed to get my data file from appmeta and patch it. All I need is my param.sfo for my cartridge, but like I said, I can't get the gro0 folder to show up in order to access it.

Any advice?

he was part of the early scene
exophase.com/1489/feature-mathieulh-interviewed/

I don't give a shit about an interview with him, where he can make any sorts of claims that a pathological liar might. If you're posting references to him actually doing anything it needs to be from a third-party, trusted, source.

Is there any SNES emulator for the Vita Henkaku with an option to speed up the game?

Please guys, i really just need to know if i can just copy paste everything i have in my new SD card fat32 even if can't copy everything from "Nintendo 3ds" folder because it say " corrupted files" on files like 00000001 or 00000000.app ...etc

I'm on luma3ds + a9lh.

Does anyone have the link to that wololo /talk thread where people posted ideas/requests of homebrew that they'd like to see on henkaku?

I need some ideas on what to make.

you have the patched version of moleculeShell or VitaShell right? I can't think of anything else

The only way to find out is to just do it. You won't hurt your 3DS. If the worst comes to the worst you'll have to format your A9LH SysNAND and install everything again.

it's on gbatemp and it's not like they will get made unless you code it yourself

Patched version? Where would I get that?

Alright I thought it was on wololo. I'll search around on gbatemp then.

>it's not like they will get made unless you code it yourself
Well obviously, that's why I asked so I could get ideas on what to code and help people that requested the homebrew.

Don't go on wololo. I just checked and they're asking for a PS2 emulator. Fucking worthless

Why don't you simply make a backup of the SD content bar that broken file (if it works) and format it?

>they're asking for a PS2 emulator
Wow, I can't believe nobody has thought about making a PS2 emulator before! How could no one think about that? I'll get on it right away!
lel

I don't know if it has already been made, but a rom forwarder for emulators would be nice

This one?
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46150

wololo.net/2016/08/06/release-vitashell-0-7-thefl0w/

vitaShell

wololo.net/2016/07/31/release-molecularshell-mod-smoke-access-partitions/

molecularShell

Auto reboot is fucked if used with TWL stuff (NDS) on stable. Update to latest nightlies (and if you do, get Wolfvak's 3ds_injector.cake).
Also, update to 11.0 and use the 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM.
Either that or switch to another CFW.

I'm trying to install Custom home menu manager on 3DS, but each file I download of it has no .3dsx file in it. Do I have to do something to make it a 3dsx file or what?