Are there any tasteful vehicle modifications?

Are there any tasteful vehicle modifications?

Mud flaps.

Invisible mods like to the engine, suspension, and brakes are always tasteful.
Light body work is also acceptable.

good stance (yes I am including mild camber)
lips
light tint
wheels
spoilers
quiet exhausts
lowering

Wheels.

Lots of cars look great with a new set of rims be they third party or off another vehicle. Something about using the same family of stock wheels really gets my rocks off (i.e. Lexus wheels on a Toyota).

Lowering is a part of good stance. Well fitted wheels always improve a car's look.

>good stance (yes I am including mild camber)

>stance
>good

fuck off

>quiet exhausts
No.

fuck off kid

I wonder what it's like still being able to find parts for your car.

Every car has a stance. A good stance, well, looks good.
The best exhausts are ones that are faily quiet, but still audible when driving normally, but still roar when you want them too.

What about Toyota Rims on a Lexus?

volvo 240 looks great with stance

Why are all Subaru owners so tasteless?

Everything looks better with a good stance

Depends. On a quite riding luxury vehicle like a town car or limousine, rolls royce, or any other vehicle built to make your daily drive as smooth, quite, and comfortable as possible, I'd want a quite exhaust. Same principle as having quite, smooth riding tires. Not everyone bench races their mom's minivan, user.

>driving boats
So you are a casual.

stance is for boys
donk is for men

>not having his own boat
How does it feel to be poor?

Window tint, but only for functional purposes like if you live in an area where there's so much sun it will damage the interior of your car or cause it to be unpleasant to sit in.
Some moderate suspension work is okay as long as it causes it to handle better, not downgrading it by lowering it to a retarded height or cambering it to the point where you're running on a 2 inch contact strip.
Exhaust work is okay, especially if the stock exhaust is pretty restrictive so long as it doesn't get unnecessarily loud. Really dependent on the car though. Doing a muffler delete on a civic sounds retarded while a muffler delete on a car with actual power can sound great without increasing the noise level too much.
Interior modifications are okay as long as you keep them OEM looking. For example there's a few BMW guys on this board doing two tone conversions to their cars like pic related.
"Invisible" mods to audio systems, minor engine shit etc. are okay as long as they aren't ricey like adding colored vacuum lines to everything or a cold air intake.
Wheels are only okay if you're swapping them for another style made by your car manufacturer.
Turbo/supercharging is cool so long as the car you're modifying isn't some sort of rarity.

loud exhausts are shit in every application imo

it gets old quick

>donks

lmao nigga for real

SLAB on swangas is where it at

I find that there is a correlation between subtlety and taste. Understated aesthetics usually look the best.

There's also something to be said for how appropriate the degree of performance/effort/investment is for the vehicle, be it for performance, cosmetic, or comfort mods. A 250hp 90s civic is a fun DD; a 600hp 90s civic is an obnoxious waste of money and fuel.

Tasteful is in the eye of the beer holder.

>a muffler delete on a car with actual power can sound great without increasing the noise level too much
>muffler delete
>without increasing the noise level too much
Just no. Performance mufflers are loud already, going no muffler at all will be retarded loud in any case.

Underglow

>not dailying a 600hp Civic that looks stock as a rock and is quiet as hell

It's like you don't even want the best of both worlds.

That's not even stance it's lowered.
Once again Veeky Forums proves they don't Know the fucking difference between being low and stance.

E39 530i with muffler delete is not loud in the slightest. Noise level is barely different from stock muffler.

Quiet
Fuck me.

I got a old rusty truck with basically no wiring or working electronics, so im just making up my own design.
Im interfacing a numpad and some lcds to a microcontroller for a keyless ignition and to act as the instrument panel.
I just hope it doesnt look completely retarded when Im finished.

>Are there any tasteful vehicle modifications?

Another way to ask is "What are the typical tasteful changes or add-ons that most drivers get for their cars?"

Window tinting to the legal value with both front and rear having the same value. Many states allow rears to be darker, but tasteful tint has all windows the same level of tint.

Mud Flaps on the front with rear optional. Rear if you wish to be polite to cars behind you on the freeway (stone chips). It also reduces rooster tail and its debris if the road is rutted and water pools in the ruts. Flaps should not be used on very low slung cars because speed bumps will snag the mud flaps and rip them out.

I immediately switch to synthetic oil instead of the OEM synth/dino blend. Afterwards, I use the free dealer oil/filter change as a "flush" of my oil system to get rid of the dark oil before I once again go to a 3rd party shop and replace with synthetic.

Other tasteful mods are usually part of the various options packages for the new car. If your car is not new, I suggest that you look at the official options packages to see which of them you can implement such as LED headlights, dash cam, etc.

I think replacing door handles with chrome ones is gauche, but some drivers like it. Taste also depends on your area of the country too and is something to remember if you plan on moving soon.

I think thats the same LCD my chinese 3D printer uses.

Did you buy the Nissan Maxima starter pack?

without the shitty window spoiler, carbon trunk, altezza and tow sticker it would look more tastefull. i assume the hood is also carbon fibre and would look better painted too

I really don't get the point of visual mods. Literally every combination of visual mods has already been done, you might as well keep the car stock. Do you really think you're the only one with window and light tint and a de-badge? It just looks tacky and overdone by now plus all that shit is just asking for attention from the pigs.

I'd much rather have a stock looking vehicle with performance upgrades.

whats the point of even buying clothes?

do you think youre the 1st person to do it?

Id much rather wear rags

youre a boring cunt

Probably is.
They are very popular and are used in everything from vending machines to hobby electronics.

Big bucket lights

lowering (not stancing, I don't want to scrape all day)
engine, suspension, etc
good wheels

Why do you care?

>implying my tastes will change if I move
>implying I give a shit what my neighbors think of my car

Mudflaps
Horns
Wrapped roof
Wheel spacers
Wrapped mirrors
Legal tint on front and rear
Wing stiffies to reduce rice (if you have a wing)
Front lip
Rear diffuser
Coilovers to lower the car (not stance)
LED taillights
Angel eyes (this is considered rice by some idiots)

Did I miss anything?