What's the point of owning a vehicle with a V8 engine in 2016?

What's the point of owning a vehicle with a V8 engine in 2016?

owning a v8

How else are you gonna ride eternal on the Fury Road?

Going fast and being loud.

>oil is a scarce resource in a post nuclear war world
>HURRR WE'LL RIDE WITH HUEG V8S :^)))))))))))
Hollywood logic

There's plenty

What's the point of clown tier sharp pointy lights that are over a literal foot long and other random jagged edges on a car in 2016?

Because modern manufacturing tech allows you to produce design features of any shape at a reasonable cost.

Do you think they could be using that time making electricity or hydrogen or some shit? Why aren't you doing that?

>good power/torque
>amazing sound
>smoothness
>nice idle
>no harshness
>Muh acceleration/top speed
>sound
>sound
>sound

my LS V8 has 305 hp and gets 22/26 mpg avg. which is pretty nice for a stock engine from '99

Can someone translate this? I don't understand what this retard is trying to say.

>gets 22/26 mpg avg
On a 30% downhill highway in neutral when 100 mph winds are blowing in your back?

V8s are completely outdated engines. They were popular in the US in the 50s-60s due to american manufacturing industry being very low tech. When the japs started entering US auto market with small displacement I4s the big 3 were completely outclassed and started to lose market share. Fast forward to this day: the big 3 turned into the big 2.5 and they are still losing market share to ANYONE who didn't even know how to build a shopping cart 10 years ago. The only segment of the market where the big 2.5 are still somewhat competitive is the truck market. And who buys trucks? People who dropped out of high school, live in the midwest, work some crappy hard labor job that is about to be outsourced to Mexico, you get the idea. This is a low IQ, highly impressionable demographic, so all you have to do is talk about MUH MURICAN FREEDUMS and you'll sell your trucks, even though they're made in Mexico from chinese parts. Hey, I don't blame Ford/GM/Chrysler: you gotta make $$$ somehow... Otherwise they've been completely dominated elsewhere: small sedan, midsize sedan, full size sedan, SUV, CUV, sportscars, supercars, sport coupes, you name it - muricans literally can't compete.

Because it's loud and fun

You won't make it into Valhalla with that attitude. Go big or go home faggot

You sound jelly the cars you can get can't light tires like a base model Silverado can.

What's the point of owning anything other than an I6?

flat 6 is better

fact

>loves japshit
>hates trucks
>shits on people who work in skilled trades
I bet you wear black-rimmed glasses and groom your beard too.

They've all gone insane one way or another having lived through the end of the world. Shit happens. Also they could very well be in hell if the game is canon.

good job on getting baited, cuck

more like cruising at 70mph getting 26mpg

>US is having financial crisis
>HURR WE'LL SPEND 700 BILLION THIS YEAR ON OUR MILITARY

It isn't as far fetched as you think it is.

>V8s are completely outdated engines.
>When the japs started entering US auto market with small displacement I4s the big 3 were completely outclassed

as the owner of a honda d-series and a GM LS1 V8. you're a weeaboo retard

my v8 car has been completely reliable. racing it all the time. my civic is torn apart in my garage after babying it and putting around town

kill yourself

Its to project power. If you are riding around with a busted little 4-banger, you obviously don't have much in the way of resources, therefore you are easy pickings, especially considering you can't really outrun the V8-powered attackers anyway. You choose to ride with a giant V8, it makes a statement that you aren't someone to be trifled with as you have the power and infrastructure to back up your motor's power.

Defense spending has more tangible benefits than entitlement spending. Berniecuck pls go.

Ah I see you're just a regular dumb American lol no wonder you're education is behind 3rd world countries, you choose to be stupid

>tips fedora

>there are benefits in spending money in protecting NATO states that can't even reach the 2% of gdp military expenditure

top kek

fully cucked

With the same logic, Immortan put all of his resources into defense (war vehicles) instead of the people.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

>provides reasonable explanation
>responds with fedora insult

>well you see in a movie I saw X so that means its the same irl

this is surreal

i refuse to belive americans are this gullible

Man that's some next level insecurity, but live it your way

MIlitary spending isn't quite the same as mad max spending. It goes towards new technologies that can make their way to the public, as well as providing careers, and god fucking willing, we can eventually steamroll the middle east eventually if the entire world can finally get sick of their shit.

He's talking about the world of Mad Max. To be able to fuel a supercharged, armored monster would prove that you are powerful and not to be fucked with, and if you were fucked with, well, you have a supercharged, armored monster than can easily take on the cars of bandits.

>there are benefits in spending money in protecting NATO states that can't even reach the 2% of gdp military expenditure
Technology, jobs, defense. The real world is more complicated than memes you picked up on /int/, you fucking moron.
>Ah I see you're just a regular dumb American lol no wonder you're education is behind 3rd world countries, you choose to be stupid
You type like a dumb hick. I don't think you have a leg to stand on here. Probably a fucking mexican. Kek.

>Technology
i dont see how it has anything to do with the issue we are talking about

military spending is not only about technological development

>jobs
being stationed in a foreign country doing nothing isn't a job

>defense
lel from who

keep paying for the defense of others, cuck

>i dont see how it has anything to do with the issue we are talking about
That's because you're an idiot and you can't reach logical conclusions from basic premises. Which is why I'm here. To walk you through it.
>military spending is not only about technological development
The two go hand in hand. Having the technological upper-hand is probably the most important aspect of defense.
>being stationed in a foreign country doing nothing isn't a job
You're really this dumb. Okay. There's more to defense spending than just paying soldiers.
>lel from who

>le millenial eurocuck who grew up living under pax-americana can't imagine there being existential threats to western nations xD

The sad thing is that there is one now, but they're doing it through cultural subterfuge rather than open warfare. Hopefully the world wakes up if Eurabia stops being a joke some of us post.

>That's because you're an idiot
im not the one that thinks technological development can only be done by the military

>The two go hand in hand.
nope, they don't
how is bubba the soldier related to a doctor creating new materials?
you are still trying to pretend having the technological upper-hand means paying for the defense of other countries

>You're really this dumb.
im not the cuck that thinks spending tax money on bubba the soldier who is stationed in japan sitting all day is a good idea, thats you

> threats to western nations
real life isn't call of duty bubba

>millenial
>eurocuck
>western nation
>pax-americana

nice trigger words, did you get them from /pol/?

dont forget to tip your fedora

>im not the one that thinks technological development can only be done by the military
He never said that.
>how is bubba the soldier related to a doctor creating new materials?
Weapons, dumbass. Defense contracts for companies are a thing.
>bubba the soldier who is stationed in japan sitting all day
I guess the middle east doesn't exist in your world?

Because modern lifestyle choices allow you to fuck any animal at reasonable cost, stupido

>He never said that.
he directly implied it

>Weapons, dumbass
umm, i dont think you understand what this consists of, but ok

>Defense contracts for companies are a thing
>my hard earned tax money should go to the military complex billionaires via defense contracts
top kek

maximum cucked

>I guess the middle east doesn't exist in your world?
kek, what is the middle east going to do? throw rocks?

If you somehow got him directly implying anything out of it, you're fucking retarded.

I did fuck up saying weapons, I should have expanded on that. GPS? Military technology for missile guidance originally. Canned foods. Synthetic things in general. Nylon. Fucking microwaves. All military in origin.

>A portion of my tax dollars goes towards killing sandniggers and developing new shit
Big whoop

>what is the middle east going to do

Send suicide bombers to western areas. Invade western society as "refugees" who subsist off of welfare and rape westerners.

>I did fuck up saying weapons, I should have expanded on that. GPS? Military technology for missile guidance originally. Canned foods. Synthetic things in general. Nylon. Fucking microwaves. All military in origin.
cool, should i post all the technological advancements that were not achieved by the military?
if you belive cutting military spending equals cutting military research funding you are pretty fucking stupid

>Big whoop
kek, fully cucked

>Send suicide bombers to western areas. Invade western society as "refugees" who subsist off of welfare and rape westerners.
woops perhaps spending our tax dollars sending bubba the soldier to iraq to kill sandniggers wasn't the brightest idea :v))

Muslims are extremists by nature. Extermination is the only solution. Of fucking course technological achievements exist outside of the military.

>le cuck may may

Not an argument, not even memeing.

>we should exterminate them all
>except the ones we are allies with
>which also happen to be the extremist ones
>so we are going to invade the ones that haven't attacked the west
>but they are the ones to blame

kek, so fucking glad my country doesnt spend my tax money on bubba and his NATO friends OR is getting raped by the refugees

keep defending your cuckoldry tho

the car with the flat 6 in itself is better

but the engine itself?

Isrealites aren't sandniggers. They're a problem as well but they're at least western civilization. Burn the rest and take the oil.

>3rd world education American proving my point

They aren't beta NuMales like you, hence the V8s.

>Israel is the only western ally in the middle east

kek, you should stop gathering all your knowledge from fox news

i dont see why saudi arabia has not been held responsable for 9/11, or qatar, or the UAE and so on

but you prob don't even know where these territories are top kek

>country isn't in NATO
a. Norway
b. Switzerland
c. Shithole

I'm going with C.

t. Cuckhole

I said kill all the sandniggers and take the oil didn't I?

hey man do whatever the fuck you want, just dont blame me when they want to bomb you back

They won't be doing any bombing in their graves.

you can't kill an ideolgy tho

>What's the point in driving when you can just uber now?

I.e fuck you