Okay Veeky Forums

Okay Veeky Forums

I know they're dead but why does NO ONE talk about these things?

>factory turbo no matter what
>great chassis
>(I4) engine has massive aftermarket support
>Available Tarbo V6 for sperglords
>available AWD on newer models
And most of all
>CHEAP! Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap!

Seriously. I found a decent top of the line model with high mileage (180k) with a 6 speed manual and the 2.8L V6 turbo for UNDER 3k.

WHY is this not one of Veeky Forums's go-to god machines?
newyork.craigslist.org/wch/ctd/5593520301.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine#2.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FWD heavy unreliable

The Ecotec 4 bangers and the High feature V6's are not unreliable. Check your facts before spewing nonsense.

>why does NO ONE talk about these things
Because Saabro or any actual owner is busy enjoying their cars instead of shitposting.
Btw, they are only cheap to BUY. I've heard something bad about these V6s but I can't even translate that into English. It's about the engine itself not the accesories, so you'll find it if you want.

Eh. There's always the Ecotec 4 banger models. I/H/E, an intercooler, and a tune and you're at 300 HP reliably

>they come with ecotec engines

fucking nice, i tought saab was making their own engines when GM bought the brand

the ecotec is a powerhouse, you could turn these into amazing sleepers

Every fuking saab for sale is a convertible aside from pic related a 2.0 turbo 6 speed with 149k miles

Engine code LK9.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine#2.0
It's the same thing as the 05-07 Cobalt SS Supercharged motor, but it's turbocharged instead of supercharged. Block, internals, head, etc are all identical.

Is 2003 saab arc good? Nah

The ecotec is in the 9-3 and the Saab 2.3 is in the 9-5.

Both are very good engines.

My friend has the 2.3t 9-3 and he hates it. Says its shitty coming from his volvo. I like turbo 900s. Don't have much interest in the newer stuff but I like old cars.

Slow and bland.

There's literally no reason to buy a Saab over anything in the same price range.

I have an 01 9-3, a 95 9000 and a 92 turbo vert..

>>factory turbo no matter what
and some of them are shit. The mitsu turbos will last forever with proper maintenance. I'm not entirely sure but I think all the new 2.0T had mtisu, and the lower t had something not so good.
>>great chassis
ehh. a good chassis if not a very good chassis. But not a great chassis. Not to be a meme fag, but FWD is a limitation. That combined with the fact that the 9-5 and 9-3 are compromises leaves alot to be desired compared to their counterparts (bmw). The classic 900 and 9000 are pretty outstanding though.
>>(I4) engine has massive aftermarket support
no. no. no. Compared to a honda, toyota or even mazda no. It has cheap aftermarket support (t5 and t7 suite being free), but if you go shopping for a new high flow head you will find a honda head easier and cheaper.
>>Available Tarbo V6 for sperglords
meh, the ecotec and saab b/h will make as much power.
>>available AWD on newer models
harder to find in some areas.
>And most of all
>>CHEAP! Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap!
that is generally true, but only if you know how to work on the car yourself. If you are going to rely on a garage, you might end up pretty fucked. Yes they are largely GM cars but there is enough of a difference to have things done wrong and command higher prices.

>saab
>great chassis
kek, my OG93 is noodly AF

Saab b engines are actually decent too, it's other little shit that breaks a lot.

OP i is talking about 2003+ Saab 9-3's. Your entire post is invalidated.

he can't be, he said the chassis was great, which it isn't.

The t's turbos are shit I believe. Big T pretty good, lower t.. shit.

>The t's turbos are shit I believe. Big T pretty good, lower t.. shit.
It's the same TD04 Turbo... Just a different cmputer tune.

The t usually has a GT15 and the T and Aero has a TD04. At least I think that's how it breaks down on my 9-3ss

No. The 1.8t cars (not sold in America) got the Garrett GT2052s turbo.
2.0t cars got the TD04-11TK
2.0T cars got the TD04-14T

The Garrett Turbo was only used from 03-05 before being replaced with a TD04.

Aero cars got a 2.8L V6 LP9 turbo with a TD04 turbo as well.

American market cars like the one in OP's link, ALL have TD04 turbos.

one of the best FWD cars for the money