/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #393

"Maxtose Intolerance" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10863496
strawpoll.me/10863843
strawpoll.me/10871675
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10909518
strawpoll.me/10936261

Other urls found in this thread:

orph.link/lisgsings
youtube.com/watch?v=qMhuXXnDPr8
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/147917450/#148056869
archiveofourown.org/works/7675243
youtube.com/watch?v=WA0SYd6YIis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And the harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

What could LiS crossover with?

The X-Files

Hello everyone!

We (a bunch of regulars and ex regulars) are organizing a /lisg/ sings. The song we are going to be singing is Glass walls.
As you may know the song has male and female parts. You can either do both or pick one.
Here is a download with the lyrics and the song: orph.link/lisgsings

>How do I record this?
Use Audacity or something, there are plenty of programs that do this. If you don’t have a mic just use your phone.
Try singing the whole song in 1 go, you can leave out the male or female part depending on which you do. This makes it easier to edit. If you want to do both just record it twice.
Make sure it is JUST YOUR VOICE. No song in the background.

>Okay how do I send in my files?
Email your files to [email protected]
You can add them in the attachment or upload them somewhere where the files can be downloaded from. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.

>When is the deadline
You can send in your files till the 15th of August.
If you’re a little later it’s not too bad, the editing won’t start right away but try to do it before then.

>I can’t sing!!!
No one gives a shit, it’s just for fun. Try to join when you can!

see I replied to you..

I want to be part of this, but it's so nerve-wracking!

You should maybe add a counter at the bottom of how many people already participate? If I send mine in, it probably ends up being seconds upon seconds(!) of just my horrible singing! If we knew that plenty people are participating, we would have more of a feeling of safety in numbers.

Or do you plan to overlay all voices, like a choir?

this I think
youtube.com/watch?v=qMhuXXnDPr8
Newer vids are kinda meh bordering on nope tho.

Can I ask you guys something? How come Kate is so well loved here? She didn't do much in the game, she was a sweet quiet girl and I loved her artwork but I was surprised at how much you guys love her. I have no problems with it, quite the opposite, but I'd just like to know!

So... What are we doing for /lisg/ #400?

Don't worry user, it's just for fun and I'm sure most anons can't sing all that well.

>knew that plenty people
There's a lot of anons participating I assure you.

>overlay
I haven't been paying attention to the deets desu
B-But I already posted it... it's deleted now though

>she was a sweet quiet girl
Why do you ask and answer in one post?

>she was a sweet quiet girl
You answered your own question user.

I felt bad for Kate due to all the bullying and wanted to protect her.

>sweet and quiet
>devout Christian
>reminded some people of their real life experiences
>qt
That's just some of it I think..

Yes, I fixed your link but I don't know why your post got deleted tho..

Probably cutepost more.

Because I felt it was redundant and deleted it, thanks for fixing the link

Innocent, sweet, caring, quiet, cute, devout
What's not to like

You should know, apart from the fact they are romanticised, that none of the characters are really perfect, in how they are portrayed or implied, in LiS.

Losing people close to us is one of the fundamentally most trying things in human existence. I'm afraid I won't be able to say anything that will magically make you feel better.

I guess you should try and concentrate on everyone you still have in your life? That person that was in the hospital (or still is?) - talk to them? Talk to people close to you about all that loss you have a hard time dealing with? Through communication and sharing you can cherish what you have, rather than mourn what you don't.

Quoted the wrong post user? Unless you're trying to say that none of us have the perfect voice and we should all participate in lisgsings

ayo where all da rule34 at?

I think he might have meant that for this post in the other thread

Oops, don't know how I quoted that, I meant

Try either.

Yeah, I thought so. That was me.
Honestly, I know they're not "perfect" so to say, but where I live, people this respectable literally do not exist.

All valid points. I haven't been bullied to near suicide myself though, I've usually just lost it and went all alpha warren after too long kek I cried of joy when I managed to save her, it all felt so real like I could really imagine being there on either side of the roof top.

>I'm afraid I won't be able to say anything that will magically make you feel better.
if only you could...

>I guess you should try and concentrate on everyone you still have in your life?

find and keep the value of the people I still have left? a good idea but I'm always so scared now...

>That person that was in the hospital (or still is?) - talk to them?

I played the game on a day by day succession from Monday to Friday and it rained here the whole week and got really heavy on Friday and I finished the game and a few hours after that they also passed. I was doubly grief stricken... this thread -- you guys and all the art and the music etc is really helping me cope through all of this. I'm happy to have found this thread and you people, despite being new I'm getting all your friendly treatments and I feel blessed like Kate did thanks to Max.

You can see in this thread
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/147917450/#148056869

>p-post her picture?
Whatever.
She doesn't LOOK exactly like Max, but she loved photography, art, etc... Went to art school for it, was millenial as fuck, always met lots of people, super happy, had a loving family (sometimes)
Then she took everything for granted, was extremely narcissistic and said really inappropriate things.
Spent years of my life with her, trying to be a friend. I remember we were walking once, and she just flat out said "you walk like a retard" 100% cold to me. Fucking hurt me. Said I also had a fucked up life.
People aren't as they seem.

posted here cause image limit

A lot of what you said fits my sentiments and feelings... I too need a max. A soft spoken beautifully plainly pretty girl with a heart of gold...

also i want her to call me a "bad boy" like max did in the game

anyone else got excited when she said bad boy?

We're happy to have you here too user. Have a hug.

You don't have to leave so many empty lines in your posts though, my eyes hurt.

If you don't know the deets, how can you know that there's a lot of people participating?

>they also passed
That's... I don't know what your "support network" is like, but losing a handful of people close to you, under such circumstances on top of that, - we really shouldn't be that network. This goes beyond what internet strangers could possibly be or do for you. Seek serious help and comfort, if not possible with family and friends, definitely consider professional help. If you study, your uni will have mental health professionals and counceling available for that. You pay money to attend university - that's a service they offer. Use it.

She's not my top favorite but she's super sweet and cute, and I loved that she wanted to illustrate childrens' books and liked tea. Also, I found her struggle with depression to hit closer to home than Chloe's.
The only thing I didn't care for about her was that she was a devout Christian, but she didn't bother anybody with it so it doesn't bother me.

And she has a bunny and I love bunnies!

I've been in contact with the organizers but paying attention to the deets is too much for my attention span.

>her
;-; she's so pretty. We can't obviously see that from her pictures but I trust your judgement from being reminded of her from playing the game. You know just like victoria she could have also been just insecure. if you do like her you could really connect with her too...

She didn't like me. I wasn't enough for her. There was always another guy for her. she outright admitted she wasn't attracted to me when we were old enough to be dating.
She ended up fucking some guy at 16, and then some.
She must've been so guilty about something. Or she was just a piece of shit.
We were out in town once and she gave two cheap bottles of pop to a homeless guy while I emptied my wallet for him. She blogged on three different social media accounts about it and talked about it for 15 minutes. Can you imagine being so full of yourself that giving a tiny thing to a homeless guy can make you go to cloud 9?
I don't know what went wrong. I wish I coulda gone back and met her again. I might have been more alpha, and she might've been different.

Stop. The post were all blogging. You knew this could happen.

Jannnnyyyyyyy!

Hi.

So what? It's within the spirit of the board. It's kind of unfair to just delete sincere conversation. Not as though we have a wealth of other topics to talk about.

Fuck off janny. We're having a conversation about characters and how representative they are of real life, and apparently it's not fucking related but God forbid something else breaks out than the same fucking drivel.
Fucking put me on a ban request for doing what someone asked. Nothing was gonna come of it. You're a prick. Ban me, I don't care.

It's still LiveJournal shit.

Don't you know? This is the all-are-welcome-unless-you-talk-about-anything-we-don't-like board.

I can't say I didn't see it coming from a mile away, but a little bit of blogging and loosely-related conversation here and there isn't hurting anybody.

In fact, I'd say stifling it is more harmful than it is helpful.

Why are all the posts being deleted?

>>I'm glad we share a small online affinity, user. Unfortunately I can't say there are any solutions.
the only solution is time. I don't want it to stop hurting because it feels wrong to stop feeling this feeling for people i care and love so much.

Same goes for the characters in game, with the pain and love they'll live in our memories and hearts. Forever.

Janny is a not nice who wants to turn Alice into stew, that's why.

Got a question here
Is this General also okay to talk about TellTale Games?
What I mean is I remember A long time ago when the first season of Walking Dead came out and then The Wolf Among Us there was a TellTale General but then it died and I was wondering if that had just happened Because Life Is Strange came out and everyone from the Telltale general just Assimilated over here.
Can anybody give me some information regarding this? Can I ask questions regarding Telltale shit here or should I just generally fuck off?

>jontron_wiping_sweat.gif

They better not do anything lewd.

Yea go ahead

Why not?

>Chloe thinks she's a hardcore punk
>Max can see right through her facade

>Manly
Mari fuck off.

Max will convince Chloe to stop smoking cigarettes, r-right?

A bit of weed every once in awhile is fine, but the cigarettes have to go.

Anyone else glad when Chloe got shot in the head next to her girlfriend?

>A bit of weed every once in awhile is fine

>A bit of weed every once in awhile is fine

K8 pls go

>Max not having an Otter.
>Rachel not having the Deer.
How could you mess such obvious shit up?

Max is #1

Kate is #1

Chloe is #2

Rachel is the Doe

Victoria is #3

>There will never be a Maximum Victory DLC where they go on vaction in France

;_;

Chasefield for you because that's some dedication.

>Kate is #1

>archiveofourown.org/works/7675243
Kate is a good sister!

And one kiss. But remember: Max and Chloe is the real OTP. Hehehehehehahah-

>Kate will never tell you that

Because she died and went to hell

I saw that LiS episode 1 was on steam so I decided to try it out. I didn't read any reviews, any descriptions of the game, pretty much nothing; I went into LiS blind.

Fuck

After I played the first episode I was hooked, so I immediately purchased the other 4 episodes. What a rollercoaster ride of emotions, I found myself crying so many times while playing. Getting so deeply attached to Max, Chloe, Kate, etc., my heart was just aching every time they got tossed around or shit on by other characters. It's funny, when I got to episode 3 or 4 I kept thinking "It's strange, Chloe seems to keep dying in every single reality that Max creates, maybe it's just destiny for her to die young" and sure enough, that's an option. That's also the option I chose, god I wanted to save Chloe but I couldn't justify one life for an entire town. And fucking JEFFERSON that fuck, obviously nobody suspects him but damnit, that twist surprised the hell out of me. I finished the game pretty quickly as after buying all of the episodes I couldn't help but do nothing but play them.
This game is beautiful.

No she didn't! Stop bullying!
user, it's okay. I might not be Kate but I love you.

>Sacrificed Chloe

Leave.

>That's also the option I chose, god I wanted to save Chloe but I couldn't justify one life for an entire town.
Welcome to the general, but prepare uranus for some animosity for that choice.

Should I bother paying game of thrones telltale or the michone game?
Kek another new friend here huh? Your experiences sound similar to mine but I gotta say you're an idiot! If you love someone you cna sacrifice anyone for them. Why not? No one matters to you like she does. You're cruel for killing her. I let Chloe live. And yes I thought exactly like you. I just don't understand why she had to die either like why can everyone survive but her?

Forget the Chloe here
Forget the Chloe here
Leave her body down here
It's future rust and then it's future dust

I can't be saddened by this because of how good Max looks in that dress.

Don't bully user.

I fully bae but I won't disparage someone who picked Bay.

>I fully bae
Do you take pride in being a Kate killer or do you delude yourself that she's safe in the hospital?

>youtube.com/watch?v=WA0SYd6YIis

man i want to replay but i know i'll just make the same choices ;_;

And the harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

You have no place here uncomfy user. Do you believe in everything Mychel says? Do you implicitly trust his imagination :)?

>Implying Season 2 won't shame players by showing the entire supporting cast is dead

D-did I kill the thread by posting feels?

The thread is usually slow around this time.