/TMSG/- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE General: Someone please play this game. Hello?

Discord: discord.gg/xH3mX
----------------

News
>Restoration patch is out now, more info here: gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/ .
>Official Vocal Collection CD and Visual Arts Document Collection have been released in Japan. They can be bought from retailers like Amazon JP or CDJapan.
>Concert in Japan that happened in June may have a possible DVD/BD release.
----------------

No arguing about censorship or piracy. If you need help setting up loadiine or the restoration patch, go to Homebrew General or the aforementioned GBATemp thread. This thread is purely for discussion of the game.
----------------

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QjFS4sPNCtg
youtube.com/watch?v=jrTL9GpnHuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's up with the narrative pacing of this game?
I'm not even halfway through Chapter 1 and the drama and stakes have already shot straight through the roof for no reason whatsoever.

Saving the thread in the second reply!!!

This thread will live, since I will be bumping it with my bitching about these fucking play records.

So why'd you change your trip, Tharjafag?

People wondered why I didn't included Rhajat in it so I changed it.

That's it? Man I thought someone hijacked the original or something.

I provided a discussion starter, but it has been completely ignored.

The drama doesn't get too crazy until chapter 5 or so, most everything else is just silly shit.

boobasa

I'm not saying the drama is crazy, just that it's way higher than it has any right to be.
Tsubasa has already had her first crisis of faith, resolved it, started her second crisis and is already looking at the goal of her journey.
In the FIRST chapter.

I got two Dual attacks resulting in this 16 Streak

Does this happen often lategame, because it fucking annihilated everything

>one of the play records is walk a certain distance while poisoned
>means I have to let myself get poisoned
>the strongest enemy that has poison breath is 20 levels weaker than me
>tfw
God this take forever, and the stupid "Use a Dia type move 300 times" one is a bitch too
Idols are serious business.

If you get lucky, yeah.

That's not serious business, that's piss-poor storytelling. You need time to build up a character, to let the player get to know the character and become invested in them before you can ratchet up the stakes like that.

At this point, my impression of Tsubasa is that she's nothing more than a cheap joke character. Considering the game plays her up as the main character and Itsuki as a confounded bystander, I just hope the story has something better for her in store down the line.

I really have no fucking idea why they spent the Tsubasa's missing sister nickel so fast. It's so ridiculous.

Each chapter is pretty well self contained as far as I know. Most of the build up at the beginning was only for chapter 1.

>all the play records I'm missing are either unobtainable till a next playthrough or would be out of this world annoying to get
lel

Fuck, that was for

Anyone here beaten M-Deus yet?

>try to buy from vending machine with no money
Literally how have you not gotten this one yet

I only have one file that's a new game+ one and I keep carrying over the money. I have like 90 million yen right now.

Spend it all on accessories and sell them back or something, jesus christ man

I was thinking of doing that but it'd take too long, I'll just not carry over money next run.

>it'd take too long
It would take maybe a minute, and I'd be more worried about losing all my money than just half of it.

I'll try that then.

The dungeons seem pretty fun in this game. Definitely better than Persona's random corridors.

>Definitely better than Persona's random corridors.
This. Somewhat related to that, for some reason P4G gives me motion sickness like no other game ever has. I think it's the camera coupled with the movement speed and all those hallways. Makes me nauseous.

>those soft lips
this art is dangerously sexy

Called the cops, we'll get you help yet user.

dojo masters?

I think that's what they're called. New Game+ exclusive request.

damn, I didn't even know about them!

100 savage mirages sounds like a grindy pain in the ass.

Hmm

Once you get to a certain point they're actually not that hard to kill, I've even fucked around with them before instead of just going full serious mode.

i'm going to kiss tiki and you can't stop me

I want this plushie ;_;

>no official #FE merch made yet

It hurts, all I want is a Tsubasa figure. Even a keychain would be nice.

There actually was some keychains made as preorder bonuses from the Japan release, but only from certain stores.

Pics, now. I haven't heard of this.

From a store called animate I guess.

I need that Tsubasa and Caeda one

I can warn you already

#FEs is carried by its good gameplay alone. You won't find a thought-provoking story here.
It's just there to hype up the bosses.

I went in with literally 0 expectations to the story and so far my assumptions are right.
The story is just terrible and the plot is inconsistent.
I'm blown away by the engaging combat system though

>have everyone with a +2 version of their final carnages
>took a ton of time to get
>realize I'll be forced to move onto lunatic on the same file in order to complete all the play records
>all that work will be gone
Oh well

Elly a best.

>fighting some savage enemies
>they use moves that heal my units
Idiots.

Also I find it strange how Absorb [X] is actually easier to obtain than Reflect [X], where the latter is only gotten through everyones ultimate Carnages. I get that you're not always gonna need healing, but in a choice where I'm near death and the enemy attacks me I'd rather absorb it than repel it.

I have work in the morning, so good night /tmsg/
Good night forever ;_;7

Hitting your dick with a hammer is better than Persona's awful dungeons.

>did what that user said of buying literally everything in Jewelry Carabia
>still have 32 million yen left over
I guess it's time to mash A in front of vending machines for a while.

>if I were to try and spend all my 32 million 281 thousand 359 yen all on the 160 yen drinks to deplete all my funds it'd take about 201 thousand drinks
Ok yeah nevermind, I'm doing this next run.

Does she let Chrom fuck her?

She lets Tsubasa fuck her.

Tsubasa doesn't fuck anybody!! She's PURE!!!!

She a hoe.

NO!!!

>Itsuki, a friend of mine is captured by the shadows
>But I only bring him up because he might help a little girl learn how to be less cute and more assertive.
This fucking game I can't stop laughing at it.

Slut! SLUT!

DELETE THIS

Good to know.
Guess the Restoration patch's something of a red herring then. It the story is worthless to begin with, nothing of value is lost if something is cut out.

>only 5 left
It's so close I can taste it.

Well, the story is weeby fan service crap. I enjoy it for what it is. Censoring weeb crap to remove the icky gross weeb parts is an issue.

And my near complete trophy wall.

I'd pay good money for a real life version of that Tharja trophy.

Really pissed I'm gonna have to say good bye to all my +x skills and carnages and start essentially all over, but I gotta do it.

All I need to do now is beat the final boss, take some more screencaps of Tharja, and then it's on to Lunatic mode.

>not even in English

Let me add... I compare the story to Rune Factory a lot. You could say the same thing about RF's crappy story that you can about TMS's crappy story.

But you're still here for the waifus and the goofy situations. You're still excited in RF to get up every day and talk with everyone and see what stupid-ass shit the citizens are saying each day.

So it's not THAT good but it's still enjoyable weeb crap.

I still agree the misuse of Ayaha's story is criminal. The opening act is a great mystery. Then Tsubasa fixes everything, gets her sister back, and her sister hides her great tits and becomes a two line quest giver for the rest of the game because apparently there is no room in the plot for a seasoned performer nee-san to help Tsubasa or for the two to catch up or for Ayaha to sing a comeback song or anything.

At least those two can work in conjunction with each other.

I already got the Dia one thanks to fighting a shit ton of Savage enemies since I also needed the Savage Breaker one which requires you to kill 100 of them. The 5 I have left are these.

Tsubasa has a cock?

I'd like to imagine she does.

Also to anyone who has beaten Lunatic mode, when you load up the Lunatic file to start a New Game+, does it let you choose a difficulty other than Lunatic?

>mfw losing to the Biomonsters in Tarachino's action scene with Tsubasa and Touma
they hit like fucking trucks

>fighting a Carrie or whatever they're called
>Concentrate
>Megido
>fucking dead
Screw those things.

If there's one thing I hate about the combat system is that losing is really boring. Because chaining is more important than anything else, losing one person, or failing to kill one monster before the whole team goes, just means that you will be on an endless Curry loop trying to stand that fucker back up and him getting knocked down constantly.

Lost Dimension wasn't any better with the chaining to be honest but there you just couldn't stand people back up and losing one wasn't necessarily instant fail but it hurt.

>fighting a boss
>keeps killing a unit
>get into a chain of reviving and dying
>finally have them miss or something
>fuck their shit up
I also hate how sometimes battles can change drastically depending on turn order.

>fighting the final boss
>constantly switching everyone around so I can hear their unique final battle pre attack quotes
>everyone starts getting Ad-Libs like crazy
>Duo Arts proc nearly attack
Hype

>finally finished screencapping every instance Tharja appears, including the different frames of some animations like Carnage Form intros or the Class Change animation
>188 images total
Not bad. Now it's on to Lunatic mode, god help me.

I didn't say you can hit page 10 god damn it

AAAAAAGGGGHH

LIVE

Busy trying to finish Chapter 1, at the end of which, Tsubasa will probably be demoted to a pair of airheaded tits for Itsuki to lug around, seeing as all of her stake in the plot is about to go poof.

Chapter 2 kind of has a moment centered around her, chapter 3 doesn't whatsoever, chapter 4 is about her a lot, chapter 5 and 6 are actual story.

Oh, so this is like FFXIII, where you have to play for 30 hours before the game becomes interesting.

I mean it's not like they're all just jerking off before they realize shit's actually happening, everything that happens before is all what leads up to chapter 5 and then you find out the real intentions of everything and all that. But it's not like the stories anything amazing anyway, it's about as intriguing as your average FE game plot.

FE at least has a sense of pacing.

Well you can probably compare it to Awakening or something
>Oh man Gangrel is a dick
>Oh man Walhart is a dick
>Oh fuck all this was connected to the plot set by Grima

Awakening's pacing and overall plot are FAR better from what I can tell.

>said goodnight forever
>it wasn't forever
I'm proud of you, /tmsg/

We will have to say goodbye to this general forever some day though. Probably within the month.

Which general does it go to, then? /feg/? /smtg/? /nintyg/?

Most likely /feg/

youtube.com/watch?v=QjFS4sPNCtg

Hold on a second I must be retarded, what the hell is the theme they're using here? It sounds really familiar but I can't point it out exactly.

Fuck, I'm stupid, I kept thinking it was one of the regular BGMs, but it's just the instrumental to Give Me, which is never played in the actual game as far as I know.

Last bump for the night, don't die on me tmsg

The Restoration patch needs subtitles for all the voice-only lines.

>for the night
The sun is already out

The actual game doesn't have any though

The actual game doesn't have any voice-only lines in a foreign language either.
If I remember correctly, the ToH fan translation also added subtitles.
Though I imagine it's easier on the DS than on the Wii U.

Great. Killing Aversa left my characters just before a level up.

I LOVE ELLY

I hate every single idol performance in this game but for some reason this song and the clip stand out to me.

The melody flows better, really catchy, especially if you hear the dual attack multiple times

youtube.com/watch?v=jrTL9GpnHuU

My nigga. Best song.