(Cross-thread)

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bKVkBkVWkFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

obviously you are talking about a ktm 300exc

First for Aussies cannot into making threads.

>reasonable bike for my nephew edition

Heopl
How can idle fuckup on an EFI bike?

I think I'm going to go and buy a new 2016 Yamaha R1s today

and mainly I will use it for my 40 minute highway commute

I wonder how bad it will trigger /dbt/ if i go through with it, because i'm pretty much set on it

please tell me it's your first bike

What can go wrong if i switch the coils around?

nah I have been riding 600 supersports for almost 10 years

This is the one I'm gonna be trading in, it's good, but it just sits a little too high on the RPM in 6th gear for highway cruising

Your engine will run backwards.

Why would we get upset about your choice then? I don't see anything wrong with it.

whoops forgot pic

Your bike becomes gay
>sloth

Then that's actually very nice. Although why the R1? Isn't it one of the less comfortable literbikes because of how racy it is?

>2016
>not busa commuting

>not just gearing it down a bit and saving yourself 15-20k

is it true that 2-smoke 250 is harder to ride for a beginner than 2-smoke 300 ?

>coil does't work even when swapped

That means there's a loose/burned wire somewhere.
Fuck me i'll never find it.

>not riding a 636

why even live

>600cc i4 geared too high for the hightway (wut)
>not getting +1T at front and a speedor healer for 150 dollars combined at most (double wut)

You want a need bike just admit it.

>close ratio transmissions
Also why are you worried about the RPM? Those are high revving bikes they naturally like to be at higher RPM

Kinetic
Transmission
Racing
Configuration
???

My GS sometimes has a finicky idle if I start it with the throttle slightly open. Something about the computer reading the throttle as closed so when I actually close it while riding it gets a bit jumpy or shuts off.

This is my bike.
That I like to ride.
That I post in the daily bike thread.

kawasaki racing traction control

Fuck, really?
Now that you mention it you're probably right
Since it has an electronic throttle could if be like the ps2 controller?
That if you turn it on while moving it it'll calibrate 0 as a negative value?

Just got home after riding today, going out again tomorrow, will get some webms of everyone failing a kickarse hillclimb
have you ridden a 2 stroke before?
If no they are both about as hard as each other to ride.
if yes the 300 is more forgiving, id recommend a 150/200 or something like a freeride 350 for a beginner though, that is if you are planning on using it as an enduro bike.

Efi everyone
>muh efi perfection

My carbs bang away in -10, cold starting is a literal meme and I don't have to worry about a computer getting fucky from a wire that's too short.

i actually have sherco 4 stroke 250 right now but i have 0 experience with 2 stroke

Here gas gas no ethanol, but not having to deal with a choke beats anything

Well the transition shouldnt be too hard really, 300 is nice because it has more bottom end torque, 250 is nice because you can rev the rings out of it easier without dying, its just getting used to using your rear brake properly that gets ya because no engine braking at all.

>pull one lever slightly

OMG THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING THING HOLY SHIT.

M8 here's a tip, smack the accelerator pump and throttle to the floor, you'll never need to choke. As a matter of fact, my carb'd car doesn't even have a choke assembly

right, thanks
Will keep the sherco for this year and might sell it and switch to beta 300 for next season. will see

I like your bike user

You don't have to sell it to me faggot, thank those emission standards and diluted fuels for fuel injection

Get your blog holes ready, because it's a blog post.

Bike school ride 5/8 happened today. Lots of fuckups, one old man in front of a hospital nearly made me listen to the wisdom of the asphalt from close up. Instructor was visibly (audibly) frustrated at every issue. I could barely make out the words - he still has no idea how the bluetooth comms in the helmets work, so every instruction he yelled was through 2 helmets into my ear. This was especially fun on the freeway, doing 90kmh and nearing a multiple-choice exit, not hearing where he wants to go, but clearly hearing he wants to go somewhere specifically. Also wind.

The bike was laid down recently he said, the brake on his end was not functional. The right mirror was broken as well. All in all not my finest hour.

Looks like my remaining 3 rides are going to be with this guy. Exam is on the 30th.

On the plus side, while waiting for him to gear up I did a the written portion of the test for practice. 55/55. Not giving up

You're doing your bike school rides on an old Africa Twin? That's bretty cool.

Also I work with a Slovak on a daily basis and he gets 10/10 rustled when I say he's from Slovenia.

Good luck with your classes user.

Sounds like it was an adventure all right. Have fun m8.

Is there a motorcycling equivalent of Real Programmers?
pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html

on this note; help me decide. In bike school I'm riding a SV650. I feel like it's way too wide for me, unless I'm pressing my legs together I get a crampy feeling in either the left or right hip. Is this something I'll slowly grow into, or should I consider a smaller bike?

Also please confirm/deny: CBR600F vs SV650F huge difference? If I "learn" on the 650 V-twin, will I still die on the I-4?

that photo is just something I saw when I signed up, it was parked ostentatiously in the middle of the city so now it's my lock screen. DO IT FOR HER etc.
I'm glad I took a piss beforehand.

>pic flipped for your viewing pleasure

I have never ridden a beta 300 so hard for me to give an opinion on them, my 300 is about as powerful as a 450f mx bike and the delivery is fairly similar, if anything my 300 has more bottom end power than any 450 i have ever ridden, they are fairly tamable with the powervalve springs too (4 different power delivery setting basically)

I think the difference where people think 300's are way more powerful than 450's comes purely from the fact that they don't slow down when you let off the throttle, if anything you are probably going to be faster on your 250 than a 300 simply because you can actually use all the power, different story on open trails, its just nice to have that power there when you really need it.

Anyone who rides old British motorcycles. I was briefly a Real Motorcyclist with my BSA Bantam as if it could not be done with liquorice tyres, Amal carbs (basically a hose stuck in the air intake to pour all your fuel down the drain) and bobweight ignition advance, I didn't do it.

well right now i rarely run out of power on 250, but i really like the lower weight of 2 strokes.
The sherco is around 115 kg which is pretty good too i guess.

thats a sweet ktm btw

I feel like i need a cup in my one piece. Is this normal? I find it much harder to grip the tank as well now or it could just be a feed back thing like when your wearing your winter gloves and the comtrols all feel a little different.pic related my one piece i got to wear once but now im out of town for a week while my new baiku is at home wondering what she did wrong

If you're starting out it could be that you're unsure how to position yourself on top of the bike and end up gripping the tank with your legs. It could also be that as a beginner, you're tense. I've never ridden a SV650F itself but I've ridden 600cc i4s, a Z800 and some other crap and they all felt alrite. I think it has more to do with being a beginner, you'll be alrite user.

I daily on a 250 and I actually feel uncomfortable on it on longer rides because my legs want to "open" on the seat and I have to keep them closed. It's kinda fatiguing.

As for the CBR600F, I own one of the old iterations and I would not recommend it for a first bike. First of, your insurance is going to be ludicrous. They're also very unwieldy at low speeds (turn radius is large), the steering is very twitchy for a beginner bike (wants to fall to the inside), the brakes are very strong (more than a gentle pull and you're locking up) and there's the you'll-drop-it-and-scratch-it factor. Their power delivery is mad in higher revolutions. It's not that you're retarded, it's that you'll make mistakes, and those bikes don't forgive much.

You still can do it if you want, but it's not something I'd recommend.

Cheers m8

iirc the beta 300 is about the same weight with a full tank of fuel, mine is about 100kg with no oil/fuel, about 115kg with oil/fuel (they weigh bikes without engine oil or fork oil)
I do like it

Most carbs don't have a pump. The only ones I know of which do are in high performance bikes.

Insurance for a bike will be lower than a car, because it has less parts and is less expensive, but will be higher if you're younger because more risk

Is there any way to bring that price down considerably?

ride a smaller bike.
insurance companies love 250cc

also some companies will give you discounts based on your estimated kilometers per year and if you wear full gear etc

I could save $7/year by taking a MSF course

nice, some new webms to repost.

our reposting will blot out the sun.

Ride a bike they consider low-risk, be over 25, have a high excess etc.

There isn't much you can do, depending on where you live.

Shop around.

Yeah i forgot to take my phone with me today and was just me and my mate on the yz450, will be 6 of us going out tomorrow so going to do all the hill climbs around here and see who can break a bike

Does 250CC have enough pep for freeway driving?

Yea I assumed the more experience on a bike (and in general) the cheaper, plus attention to safety would bring costs down

Neat, thanks user

>does 250cc have enough pep for freeway driving

Define freeway and which 250 you're after.

Ninja 250's will do 70mph just fine but they're a little buzzy.

Good luck if you've got a Rebel or Nighthawk 250 though.

some do

yes

daily reminder that honda a shit

if you want a cruiser kawasaki eliminator will do 160km/h no worries and they weigh 160kg iirc

Fuck off nobike

Yea about 70-80mph max

Thanks

oh and that reminds me

youtube.com/watch?v=bKVkBkVWkFM

GP MACHINO TECHNOLOGIE

>If you're starting out it could be that you're unsure how to position yourself on top of the bike and end up gripping the tank with your legs. It could also be that as a beginner, you're tense. I've never ridden a SV650F itself but I've ridden 600cc i4s, a Z800 and some other crap and they all felt alrite. I think it has more to do with being a beginner, you'll be alrite user.
Tense and beginner is probably right, I'll ease myself into it more.

>I daily on a 250 and I actually feel uncomfortable on it on longer rides because my legs want to "open" on the seat and I have to keep them closed. It's kinda fatiguing.
I think this is the last nail, I'll get something bigger than 250, since only bike.

>As for the CBR600F, I own one of the old iterations and I would not recommend it for a first bike...
These are all good reasons why I won't pick it. I'll still get something with fairings though, I don't mind idiot scratches, they're good reminders.

Thank you for a long, useful post.

>Ithaca makes 1911s
News to me

At this point every bigger gun company in the US either makes a) glock clones b) 1911's or c) both

If aliens showed up and gave us practical scifi guns companies would still make nothing but 1911's and glock clones.

>he doesn't want 1911's in the 45MW range

Oh shit thats me back in like... 1999. Check my lean angle haha

what if the 1911's and blocks turned out to be better than the sci fi guns?

When she was in my garage gettin' wrenched on.

>he doesn't have a high performance bike

My economy cars carbs have accelerator pumps which unfortunately burn shiploads of gas

I actually do own a high performance carbed bike with a pumper carb, as well ad a shitbike with a CV carb. I would prefer fuel injection to either one.
Starting the one with the pumper carb goes as follows.
>whack throttle open to pump some fuel into the intake
>start it
>turn on the choke for a few seconds until it idles smoothly
>take choke back off

There's such a world of difference between street tuned v-twin and a sport tuned i4 that displacement hardly comes into the argument

not really, if they make around the same power one is just revving a lot harder at the same speeds.

ded thred is ded
may as well go to bed

Can checking valve clearance / syncing carbs & adjusting fuel/air mixture make up for a decrease in fuel efficiency from 19km/l (46mpg) to 15km/l (35mpg) when I knew the front cylinder is set too rich?

What do you mean by 'make up for'?

Do you mean 'fix'?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that syncing carbs/tuning mix will get your fuel efficiency back to what it was

>when I knew the front cylinder is set too rich?

well if its running to rich then it gets to much fuel doesnt it?

It think one can safely assume that more fuel in the mix leads to a higher fuel consumption, kinda like eating more leads to less food.

I know it can help, but can it help as much as 4km/l :^) or is something else at play

Sounds to me like you need to clean your carbs.

It sounds to me like you need to retry outlining your problem.
Start thusly;

My motorcycle was doing x
I hypothesized that y caused x
I hypothesized that procedure z would affect y so that x was solved

I did procedure z, here are the results

like what? Got any leaks? Id say fix your shit either way and lets check afterwards.

>Check my lean angle haha

not sure I'd be much braver on those tyres lmao

I've heard it said before by people that should know that the average road tyre now is better than the stuff people raced on in the 90s.

I fucking hate wires

Who is CTA

The same guy who spams Harleys.

Whats wrong m80. Schematics make it look hard.

Make a copy of the schematic and use a highlighter on the stuff you need, makes it a lot easier.

Slipping clutch fixed by changing out the clutch springs to harder ones. Feels good.

Right coil doesn't spark, it's not the coil,
The plug connected to the start should be fine,
I suspect it's either a loose wire or theres somenthing wrong with the contact breaker condensrr

Fuck me.

isnt the top one way lighter? Those 2-smokes were fucking monsters, i doubt you needed to lean on them that much.

What do you want, cunt?

I know (I have an infographic proving it).

not telling y'all though because I want him to keep cumming on people

the top one is actually a 250 2t, so it'd be around 100kg ready to go, so yes, significantly lighter.

what's interesting is lighter doesn't necessarily = higher lean angles in motorcycle racing, there's a really great article from casey stoner where he talks a lot about the different way each GP motorcycle rides, he actually claims motoGP bikes are easier to turn than 250 GP bikes (what? I know) because you're cutting different lines, 250's are all about wider lines (ie less lean angle) and continually holding the speed right on the limit of highsiding while motoGP bikes you brake harder, go slower and turn sharper.

Really interesting read.

Bald cb400 user?

Why are you nobike

damn i really want one...

Cta is nobike tho. With an ikea table. Millions of peopke have that shit.

Of fucking course.

>dtre
>is a dtx
git gud underage faget

spotted a round booty qt today

Where would I find a home speaker setup thread? /mu/ or /g/?

Also felt the grip of the death wobble today.